Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Sides To The Credchit [OP Dominion of Seltos]

Coryth nodded slowly, "If I could get the details for the contract, I'd like to have our military advisers look over it and get back with you. There will of course be a need for test demonstrations, as I'm certain they'd like to see such in action." Reaching out she took the datapad and gave it a quick once over. "I'll have to get back with you on the rest of this, Miss Alderana." Said with a smile.

Taking a sip from her tea, she set the cup down with a sigh. "Yes, indeed I am." How do you know that? Coryth certainly didn't like how much this woman seemed to know about her. Something just was off about it. Still she listened on. "I see. Very interesting." For a moment she bit at her lip just thinking. While she did have the personal funds for such a purchase... Still she was weary about making the deal for it. Finally she let go of her lip and sigh, "While I find where it came from a little suspect, I'd be most interested in this datacron. What is the asking price for it? Just curious as I do have the private funds for such a purchase.. Would only like to know what you would like for it. Also, would I be able to inspect it before I purchased it from you?"

[member="Moira Skaldi"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"There'll also have to be inspections to verify that the droids cannot be tampered with. Nothing personal, but I'm sure you understand after that Druckenwell fiasco with Baktoid and its killswitches," Kaida decided to chime in as she scrutinised the datapad before handing it back to Coryth. With the exception of the eccentric HK-36, she did not like or trust droids much. For one, you could never be sure whether they might turn on you. Hence why she disliked the way many droids relied on them.

However, Nalia took the words in stride. "I would not expect anything else. I can assure that we're not Baktoid. Their actions were those of demented and frankly idiotic megalomaniacs. Our facility in Loronar would be open for inspection and we can arrange demonstrations. Details are outlined the 'pad. Through our factories on Loronar and Denon, we are in a good position to deliver. The Republic has already made a similar contract with us, using droids for garrison duties and HRDs as security on capital ships. As for the datacron, I can understand your reservations, Master Elaris. Normally I'd...be more hesitant about this, but not for a Jedi with your reputation, so I'd be willing to let you inspect the datacron and verify its authenticity prior to payment. While I have a certain intellectual curiosity into Force arcana, it's no use to me and frankly if word of my possessing it would leak outt, I wager it would make my company and me targets, so I'm happy to sell. And this is the price," a press of a button and the pad would show what Nalia wanted. Since this writer does not feel like making up a sum of fake money, suffice to say it was a very big one, but still affordable.

"As for your abilities, I watched the Galaxytube vid of Gehenna. Consider me a bit of a fan. I imagine you have plenty of those!" The short stack of fire needed more fangirls!

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
OOC: Ah it feels good to be back in action

Seltos
Former Republic Mine
Outside Mine Entrance

Noah sighed as he fingered the trigger of his custom Tenloss RAB as he stood at the entrance to the mine. It was his first official action since he had gotten back from dealing with some ‘personal’ issues. In truth Noah had been attending the funeral of his father who had died back when the One Sith had invaded Coruscant, the funeral had been held off until his three children could attend, Noah and Flint had arrived from Protectorate Space will their sister Asha had been given a personal leave from the Republic front with the One Sith to attend. Noah quickly shook any thoughts off of his father and began to go through planning. “You alright mate?” Asked Noah’s childhood friend Gideon as he saw the distress on his older friends face. “Yeah Gid I’m fine just trying to cope with the old man being gone. I always thought the bastard would outlive me.” Noah said as their other childhood friend, Ilona came forward. “No father should ever outlive their child.” Ilona said matter-of-factly, she then looked a little ashamed due to the glares she got from Noah and Gideon. “Little early Il.” Noah sighed and knew it was true but decided to stay on mission. Turning on the radio inside of his Ori'Ramikad Armor Noah contacted [member="Aeron Kreelan"]. “Aeron, it’s Noah I’m in position in front of the abandoned Republic droids. Probe droids report a small force, a platoon of criminals and five credit mercs. Orders?”

Coryth nodded as Kaida spoke. It was a good point. One she hadn't thought about. Her attention shifted back to Nalia as she spoke. "Then I shall make the appropriate arrangements on my end and we can plan for a date in the future in which our military advisors can attend an inspection and demonstration."

The datacron, something she wanted. There was little doubt of that. Reaching out she took the datapad and bit at her lip for a moment as she thought it over. It was a pricey purchase from her own personal funds. However, as the old saying goes ... Knowledge is power. "I do appreciate it. I'm just wary about things like this and like to inspect the product before I lay down the money for such." She managed a soft smile. "The price is acceptable. I will need information for the transfer of my own funds to you. And ... a time and place where we can meet to exchange both because I assume you do not have it here with you." At least, if it had been her in Nalia's place, Coryth wouldn't have brought something like that along on the off chance it could be sold to someone who could use it. Another nod, "I understand. As the saying goes knowledge is power and I have no doubts something like this, if people were aware you had it would cause problems for you."

So that's how she knows.That at least made her feel mildly better about all of that. It still was a bit strange to think that other people knew about her, and her talents from a simple video. Social media was a queen like that.

[member="Moira Skaldi"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"I do not have the datacron here with me, of course. Too much of a security risk to take it with me on the off chance of having a buyer. It is in a safe location at present. We can meet in five days at the Waldorf Hotel on Fondor. There you can inspect the item and payment can follow afterwards if you're satisfied. To this account," at that she would hand over the pertinent information regarding the transaction of funds.

"If this is acceptable, I believe we can wrap up business here. Your stock of phrik is ready for inspection in warehouse three," Nalia said smoothly, taking a sip from her tea.

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
The Mines

So maybe I'm getting in over my head... Amnell had come for a simple contract. A simple deal with local miners for a small amount of phrik. It was nothing substantial really. Well, not for any government it wasn't. But for her the project was a huge deal for her with the droids she worked to make and repair. The man she had been talking to had been getting more and more curt as panic seemed to be spreading, for reasons she could not see. The word missing had come up several times in the bits and pieces of the conversations around her.

With the tenseness growing Amnell finally rose from her seat, "I think I'll just come back and settle this business later. It seems you have problems you all need to attend here."

It was as she turned that her danger sense seemed to flare up. "Not so fast missy." A blaster was aimed for her head.

This escalated quickly. "Look ... I don't want to cause any trouble here. I just want to take my coin, my contract and leave. We can return to this matter at a later date." Come for a contract, and find trouble. The hell kind of place is this?

"Search her, take what credits she has." Motioning to another man near her.

Biting her lip Amnell sighed as she lifted her hands slowly, letting another frisk her quickly. Nine ... where the hell are you? I'd love to get out of here in one piece. Any day now you could make a distraction for me .. So I can run like feth and get out of here.

[member="Uriel"]

Seltos

There were few things that one of her kind could go and do for a planet. But providing a venue of aid was certainly one of them. Arceneau Trade Company in the wake of the Nine Hells opening up and birthing their dead was dead halting their normal trade operations and converting them to more humanitarian aid.

The local Omega Protectorate local Merchant fleet of the Trade Queen would swarm the planet. They were were to provide help to any refugees, along with a measure of protection that they could provide.

While the ODF and the Pyre would do what they normally do, Arceneau Trade was here to ensure a measure of safety in that regardless and come what may, the cogs of this venture would keep on keep on.

The local ATC representative would oversee these events, Mirae Lar, a Togruta with a savvy sense of business acumen. This would be the local point of contact for any seeking to interact with ATC.

Seltos
Former Republic Mine
Outside Mine Entrance

[member="Noah Corek"]

Aeron heard through the comm a familiar voice. A smile would tug at the corner of her mouth.

[ Colonel Corek, good to have you here. ] she'd relay, her voice crackling through his headset.

[ We will need to secure the mines in the area along with fighting any of the undead that spawned out due to this mess.] she would tell him.

[ Keep a sharp eye out there Colonel, watch your back. My boys will be coming in from the north... hopefully we will meet somewhere in between]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Aeron Kreelan"]

"Got it. And your talking like 'your boys' are seperate from the Pyre Aeron. We're all wearing the same uniform here. Metaphorically of course." Noah informed her with a chuckled as checked to make sure his weapon was good and locked. "Alright. From what we've discovered not only are we clearing out this mine but we've got to deal with some undead. Now I realize a few of you might have trouble killing some undead or it might go against your religion. My advice? You've picked the wrong job, if you that sqeamish you should've joined to ODF." Noah told them, which in turn got a good chuckled from his soldiers. "Alright, team one will be lead by me, team two will be lead by Sergeant Michaels and team three will be lead by Sergeant Foret. From the scans of the mine it has three tunnels. Once we get those doors blown open team one will proceed straight while two and three got right and left respectively. Questions? None? Good."

Seltos
Former Republic Mines
Entrance with [member="Noah Corek"]

Teroch Gra'tua stood a few meters behind Colonel Noah Corek, his Type-160 Assault Rifle in hand as the merc flipped the fire selector switch between safety and full auto modes as he looked down he low power optical sights. After a few moments the man lowered his weapon and left the switch on automatic fire, making sure to rest his finger on the side of the trigger guard as he scanned around, slowly walking towards the Colonel as he did so 'Guess this is the first bit of action I'll be seeing in the OP.' Teroch though, stopping a few feet behind Noah as he continued thinking about his current situation 'It is about time that I do something though, probably gotten a bit rusty due to the lack of training.' the mercenary sighed, looking at the two people standing near the Colonel, he obviously did not know them, and the man really did not plan on getting to know them that much either, as Teroch was not a friend making kind of person. A few moments passed before Teroch Gra'tua decided to speak up, since he was unsure of what exactly was happening "Uh, Colonel? We're supposed to move into the mines, right?" He asked, pulling his left hand away from the hand guard of his weapon so he could tug on his ammo pouches, making sure they were secure as Noah Corek started speaking.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@Teroch Gra'tua

Noah nodded to the kid, and made sure to check the ammo pouches on his armor. "Waiting for everyone to get ready. What's your name private?" Noah asked as he began to check everything he had. Including his explosive to blow open the entrance.

OOC: sorry its short

Glim

G
"Former Republic mines. Several klicks east." Glim finally smiled. Then, promptly, broke the mans jaw with a quick snap of his left hand, rendering him unconscious for the time being. He'd stay here until someone found him, eventually. Or maybe they wouldn't. What did he care? He got what he wanted.

So he went outside, picked up his weapon, and started making his way east towards the mines. He wanted to check this out personally.

He wasn't aware there was going to be a whole ton of OmegaPyre standing around there looking all intimidating.

[member="Moira Skaldi"]

"Of course, I hardly expected you would." A nod followed, understanding at least the logic in which Nalia was following. "The Waldorf. Yes, we can do that. I will be there." Reaching out she took the datapad with the required information upon it. "Thank you, Miss Alderana."

Another nod, "Yes, it is." Slowly Coryth rose to her feet, reaching to shake Nalia's hand once more. "If we can I'd like to move to inspect the phrik now, unless you have any objections or further matters to discuss." Her eyes drifting to Kaida, wondering if she had any thoughts to add to this.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Kaida responded laconically by nodding. "That is agreeable to me, Master Elaris," Nalia said warmly. "Ms Raeder will take to the warehouse. It has been a pleasure making your acquaintance. I look forward to seeing you on Fondor. May the Force be with you, as they say."

And so now that the formalities were over and the financial details had been handled, the minion took the short stack of fire and the Angelii to the warehouse, where several shipments of phrik awaited them. Kaida had some sort of PDA-like device thingie with which you could presumably verify whether the metal was of inferior quality or not. Having examined it thoroughly she gave Coryth a nod. "It's in order. I think her offers are genuine, but I don't trust her. Too perfect. Even Kerrigan is not that well-groomed," this she said more quietly. "Anyhow, let's get this loaded up." Presumably they had minions for that.

[member="Noah Corek"]

"Ah, makes sense I guess." Teroch said in response to Noah Corek's answer while lowering his hand to his rifle, perking up slightly when the Colonel asked his name "It's uh, Teroch Gra'tua sir, I'm a born mando." the mercenary said, trigger finger now tapping the side of his weapon with a slight beat, nothing to noticeable though, as Teroch did not want to be seen as a impatient man, but he was probably seen as a bit too eager, something the Mandalorian didn't like being associated with either.

Aboard his command ship, High Admiral Jonathan Walsh watched what was happening Aboard his command ship, High Admiral Jonathan Walsh watched what was happening. He wasn't one to put boots on the ground. He had been called though to accompany one Coryth Elaris He was in his finest uniform and had to admit it was nice to be out of the ship for a while. He had been on it for too long, and well the same surroundings got boring after a while. He didn't say anything, he just stood there because after all he didn't want to interrupt the conversation. After all it was his place. He was just the High Admiral and he enjoyed that job. He wouldn't ever put it in jeopardy. Unless it was for family of course, they always came first.

He missed his family but they had been busy doing their own things for so long, he hadn't really seen any of them except Lauren. So he prepared to follow to a warehouse, how fun the thought. This is what he was being paid to do today though so he stayed with the group. This was an interesting day to be sure. It beat sitting in his ship and going over deployments of the fleet. So he accompanied the group watching and paying attention to the business dealings of those in the room. Wondering just what would come of this. He didn't trust HRD's they were too close to human. They were unnatural. So he tried to keep his distance from them. The talk of them serving unnerved him.

[member="Moira Skaldi"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

[member="Noah Corek"]@Teroch Gra'tua

Part of the team moving to take control of the mines, Aella opted for silence while watching her Commander for orders. Around her the rest of the group were beginning to shuffle impatiently, a sure sign they were ready to move. She slid forward, coming to a stop next to Noah.

"Sir," softly spoken as always. "We're ready to move on your command."

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
The Mines
[member="Amnell de Portiers"]

Hevana's unit was moving separately from the other soldiers, scouting out sections of the mine looking for enemies outside the primary target zones. They moved at a silent trot, barely an echo to denote their presence at all. Exactly as she had trained them to do, because in such an enclosed area sound was their greatest ally and enemy.

Loud voices echoed toward them and Hevana immediately held up her hand to slow her unit. Stalking up quickly and quietly, Hevana glanced around the corner and saw a very pretty girl being held at gun point. Well that just was not nice. A quick series of motioned commands to her unit was followed by her stepping around the corner repeater directed at the man with the gun out. Half a moment later the rest of her unit was spread out around her their weapons out as well.

"Drop the weapons or get roasted. Your choice."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Teroch Gra'tua "] [member="Aella"]

Noah nodded his head at the mention of the fact that Teroch was a born Mando. "Really? Ner aliit cuyir nate ruug'la mando. Meg saryr be Manda'yaim garay gar aliit olaror teh?" Noah asked, rattling off the question in fluent Mando'a even putting a Mandalorian accent behind it to make it authentic. When another private came forward, a female this time, and told them that the troops were ready to move. "All right. Lets get moving then." Noah told her as he walked towards the giant durasteel door and placed the charge on it. Setting the timer for forty-five seconds and stepped back to a safe distance. "Alright, as soon as that door blows open we are going to hit hard and fast. Arm flashbangs and throw them when it blows."

"Excellent, thank you Miss Alderana." She smiled softly and rose slowly to her feet, extending her hand to shake Nalia's one last time. "I will see you then at the Waldorf, look forward to it as well."

With that she followed alongside Miss Raeder and Kaida to the warehouse. The redhead merely watched as Kaida took the device and checked the quality. "It certainly seems that way." And Coryth nodded, "She is too perfect. Not human. That woman ... has no emotions none. Can't be human. Most likely a droid." She whispered just low enough for Kaida to hear and no one else.
With a sigh she nodded again, "Indeed, let's get going. I assume Walsh is waiting to transport us back to Fondor and from there we'll trade ships and be on our way to Kaeshana."

The redhead sighed one last time as she tapped her communicator to make contact with the fleet above. "Admiral Walsh, be ready to receive us shortly. We are on our way up with some supplies and crates of Phrik as our deal on the surface with Archangel has concluded."

[member="Jonathan Walsh"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom