Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Dominions?

Something came up into my view and made me wonder whether some of us actually ARE Roleplaying for the fun of it.

April 29th, 2014: The Sith Council begins their dominion thread of the planet Etti IV, and is currently at 2+ pages.

April 30th, 2014: The Republic starts their dominion of the same planet, and has already sky rocketed to 6+ pages.

My question to this is actually twofold. One, can two planets dominion the same planet with two different threads? Two, if the Republic finishes first, does that declare the Sith Council thread, which was technically started before theirs, null and void?

From the Warring Factions rules

A Major Faction may begin multiple Dominions at once. If multiple Major Factions begin a Dominion over the same unoccupied planet, the first Major Faction to reach 100 posts in their Dominion thread gains the planet.

So, then I raise the question: why? If in invasions, two sides have to battle over a planet, why must dominions be in two separate threads, as if the two armies are just showing up at different times?

Also, I would like for my own personal knowledge the reason for both sides taking the planet. Unless it's a "none of your business" situation.

Chupa La'Roi said:
So, then I raise the question: why? If in invasions, two sides have to battle over a planet, why must dominions be in two separate threads, as if the two armies are just showing up at different times?

Also, I would like for my own personal knowledge the reason for both sides taking the planet. Unless it's a "none of your business" situation.
Because they're dominions.

You can't invade an unowned planet, because there's no faction with claim to it to defend.

So you both dominion. We also have this rule:
If you finish a dominion within 30 minutes of a faction finishing a dominion on the same planet, an Invasion thread for the planet must be initiated to decide ownership of the planet.

I would suggest that, in the future, you check the rules as often times they have the answer. If you cannot find an answer in the rules for something as important as control of planets, then ask the question.

Darth Sicarius

D
The Sith Council just doesn't want to be small. That's why we were going for the planet. Why the Pub was? Not sure.

Fjorra the Huntress

F
The major gripe I have with Dominions is in the rules.

5. All posts in a Dominion must be made to be quality posts.

Sadly not all Dominions follow this rule. I've scrolled through Dominions that have started off with well read and constructed paragraph entries; which later degrade or are over taken by the one and two line spam posts.

Fjorra the Huntress said:
The major gripe I have with Dominions is in the rules.

5. All posts in a Dominion must be made to be quality posts.

Sadly not all Dominions follow this rule. I've scrolled through Dominions that have started off with well read and constructed paragraph entries; which later degrade or are over taken by the one and two line spam posts.
We've had debates over what qualifies as 'quality' posts, and to be honest, we've a large number of writers who come from chat RP. Expecting novels from everyone won't work. So long as there's a story, it's believable and they aren't filler posts like "Sarge watches." you're going to have a hard time getting an RPJ to say they aren't quality.

As a side note, I hate the spam posts too, but we're a roleplaying board and everyone likes to write in different ways. Some prefer faster, smaller posts and others prefer slower, longer ones. I'm one of the latter, but we do have to recognize the former.

I guess the biggest thing I get out of this is:

Don't form new majors next to majors who can squash you with numbers.

One does not put the water buffalo in the lions cage.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Alen Na'Varro said:
Arguably the biggest major faction on the board vs. arguably the smallest major faction on the board. Interesting ...
THIS is why new factions are a "flash in the pan."
Because factions like the Republic - hell, namely the Republic don't let anyone else do anything.
Out with "Star Wars Chaos" and in with "Star Wars Democracy." Because, ya know, that's totally fun for everyone....
/slithers back into hole

Chupa La'Roi said:
I guess the biggest thing I get out of this is:

Don't form new majors next to majors who can squash you with numbers.

One does not put the water buffalo in the lions cage.
They're everywhere, webbing out, so the bottom line is this; don't make a new major faction.

Ashe the Reaper said:
THIS is why new factions are a "flash in the pan."
Because factions like the Republic - hell, namely the Republic don't let anyone else do anything.
Out with "Star Wars Chaos" and in with "Star Wars Democracy." Because, ya know, that's totally fun for everyone....
/slithers back into hole
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I am genuinely surprised that people seem to be surprised/offended by this. If it wasn't the Republic, it would be someone else.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Sarge Potteiger said:
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I am genuinely surprised that people seem to be surprised/offended by this. If it wasn't the Republic, it would be someone else.
And you're okay with that? Okay with peoples' options as roleplayers and writers being narrowed simply because the game is being intentionally monopolized?

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
Ashe the Reaper said:
And you're okay with that? Okay with peoples' options as roleplayers and writers being narrowed simply because the game is being intentionally monopolized?
While I don't personally have an opinion on this, I'll play devil's advocate for you. If the TSC obtained Etti IV, that'd narrow the roleplay options for people just as heavily as it does if the Republic takes the planet. The only difference is who it becomes narrowed for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom