Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twas Bullets, That Killed the Beast. (Faction Thread on Aduba III)

Objective Three: Find out why the Remnant field hospital's droids are so slow

Post Three

--

Mereel wasn't a droid technician, but he had done plenty of work on his piece of junk Starfighter so he felt like he might be able to recognize if something was out of place. If he couldn't? Well, he could just find some Remnant technicians on the ground and pester them for help.

Even without having much expertise on droids, something seemed off to Mereel. Wiring was spread haphazardly around the droid's interior in a disorganized mess.

The motherboard's components were hid under the sea of circuitry, free of cable ties or even electrical tape that he would have suspected an engineer would use to keep things tidy.

"What a mess. Alright, buddy. I'm going to shut you off for a second while I search around to find out what the kriff is wrong with you. You'll just be out for a second or -"

Mereel stopped talking to the droid as his eyes landed on a thin, clear piece of something sticking out between two clumped together power cords.

"Well, well, what do we have here?

He cautiously pulled the thin, transparent strip out from between the wiring and inspected it in his hands.

"That's part of a wire tie alright. Hmmm."

Mereel slid the wire tie back between the two cords where he had found it and rescrewed the circuit cover hatch back onto the droid's underside.

Either someone had gotten lazy with their wire ties in the construction department, or someone had cut the ties after the droids had already been deployed, and had likely done something else to the droid's inner workings. Out of fear of boredom, Mereel crossed his fingers and hoped it was the latter.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Republic Field Hospital, Patient Tent 3

Alexandra let her hand weave through the air above the newest victim she was treating, pulling apart and peering into the body without so much as touching its physical shell. She had to be careful with the forms and spirits of these bodies, knowing that the woman infront of her was suffering because of this sickness. It was rather alarming that such a sickness as this could be present. Things could be rather difficult in simply curing the population of this planet, but if she could figure out how this sickness attacked the cells of its victim, she could help find some way to treat it.

She was in no way a doctor, or someone that knew how to solve diseases simply or efficiently. But she has done much in the past of altering cells and dna through dark and scientific methods in the past. But those did not take into account the safety of the individual in question, a problem that Alexandra didn't know how to fix in her current state.

For now all she could do was determine how the virus affected its host. A curious situation that alexandra was in right now, a situation that has left Alexandra curious and worried.

Equipment: AM-1 medical transport.
Situation: Send [member="Maeve Ar'klim"] to Deamonsgate to ask for supplies.

They had to at least give Demonsgate a shot....

The AM-1 had dropped out of hyperspace and into Aduba III system. With permission granted them to commence landing at a given encampment, the corvette descended down planet side and headed to those transmitted coordinates.
Ayda and Maeve had set their plans in motion as soon as the vessel touched ground. Immediately her crew and staff worked quickly to remove what equipment they needed with what little remnants of supplies they retained from the previous campaign...the evacuation of Utapah in the middle of the First Order offensive.

Ayda and their medical staff were to remain on Aduba III and help with what they could the already taxed doctors, while Maeve and two crewmen would take off and jump to Demonsgate.

That portion of the plan went without a hitch and Ayda along with some of the staff watched as Maeve took the AM-1 to the air again, and headed back up into space.

The few minutes it took the corvette to escape the gravitational pull of Aduba III, Ayda was in communication with maeve.
"Good luck Maeve....if Demonsgate is a bust...I'll see you in a weeks time.
Godspeed...." Ayda's last words before the corvette with Maeve jumped from Aduba III...and on its way to Demonsgate to ask if they could give them the medical and food supplies they had lacked in bringing.

It wasn't more than 6 hours before Maeve was able to transmit from Demonsgate system. She and the AM-1's meager crew had made record time. And she had already hailed the system and asked for aid. It was a matter of time before Maeve would get word.

Ayda remained on the comm with Maeve, waiting to see if whomever knew Maeve would indeed give them the supplies they needed so desperately.
If Demonsgate couldn't help them, then Maeve would have to jump 3 days to reach the ATM-SERENITY...and another 3 days or more to then come back to Aduba III.
Ayda's hope was on Demonsgate, as they's get the supplies they needed in less than a day. Otherwise, the jump to SERENITY for supplies and back would take a week....and Aduba III could ill afford to wait.

Maeve sat fidgeting with the edge of her shirt. She had a few memories that weren't hers about Demonsgate she was certain there would be someone to say yes..

"I'll be back, keep a place warm for me"

They were gone and within what felt like moments they were headed to the planet. Maeve looked out it looked nothing like her imagination but there it was. "We've been given landing clearance Maeve, be on the ground 5 minutes"

She nodded, "ok...anyone waiting for us?"

"Didn't say"

Great she thought, deep breath, I can do this.

Once settled on the ground Maeve exited to find a few people looking to meet her. "Hello, I'm Maeve Ar'klim."

"Yes yes we received your call, the ORC is more than happy to resupply your ship. Where are you headed?" They pushed a data pad into her hands about what they had, "this looks great a little bit of everything should help, and we are on our way to Aduba." She handed the pad back.

"Have you been there" she asked.

"No Mam let's get this together for you." They walked together exchanging pleasantries and some even said they remembered her father. Which made her smile it was so odd to know how many lives her father had touched. He was one of kind..she was so glad he had been her father.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Objective: Talk with representative of the village (BYOO)
Post 3:

Harley gave a mall sigh, talks for the most part had gone well, but at the same time it felt a little superficial, mainly because they where only able to reach this point once a plague ripped through the planet. It seemed like an unnecessary sacrifice to bring the anarchist planet to new light, more so since their was not be assured that the deals made this say would last forever. As of now all the towns leaders and groups had a common goal, but after wards there was no telling if once the dust settled they would be at each others throats again.

Harley would only hope that they would look back on this day as a changing point and to not ruin a good thing, but only time could tell and history had a problem of repeating itself way to often and in similar fashions. Probably boiling down to 'look at this cool thing in the past, lets try it again' just to screw up as badly or worse, though in some rare chances succeed, but not for a long time, just for people to look back at their mistakes and try it again. "Well gentlemen I will say today has been profitable, I look forward to working with the representative you elect for the senate".

Giving a small bow the congress filtered out of the room, each person going their own way, much work to be done and people in need of saving, one of the reasons why they had to postpone electing a senator this day. "Another day another dollar, guess I can see how the doctor people are doing, or maybe the Sith hunters, each seem like a interesting place". Gathering his papers the young Echani senator started to wander out of his room, deliberating on what to do next.

Objective Three: Track down whoever tampered with the construction droids
Post #4
--

Mereel was leaning up against a cargo crate with his hands behind his head when he finally sensed someone approaching him. He leaned away from the crate and let his hands fall to his sides, as he opened his eyes he saw that the field hospital's chief droid technician was approaching him in a hurried pace. "What's the word?"

He was almost positive that the Khommite technician, Quell 33, was going to run into him, but the man miraculously stopped himself just before bumping into his armor. "Someone reopened the main hatches after initial deployment and swapped out the droid's power supply for a similar power cell. It is likely that the new cell was already drained before installation."

"Dammit."

Quell 33's expression briefly displayed confusion before the clone returned it to his natural neutral expression, "I fail to see how this is an unfortunate revelation."

"If the droids had been tampered with pre-deployment, this could have just been an internal issue and we could have worked it out with construction crew manifests and technician schedules alone."

The technician quickly put two and two together, "Ah, so you are agitated because you fear that this incident may be related to an external security breach?"

"On the money."

It had appeared that Mereel had gotten his wish, someone had indeed tampered with the construction droids and now he was on the scent.

Under his helmet he was brandishing an enthusiastic grin, "Alright, here's how this is going to work. Give me the coordinates of where that droid was deployed, and I'll investigate the possibility of an external breach. You find out which technicians put these droids together and see if you can find any security footage of the droids post deployment - see if you can find any of your crewmen doing anything suspicious. Oh, and try to be discreet. I really don't want to have to hoof it after some runaway traitors breaking for the hillsides, alright?"

Equipment: currently waiting on Maeve and AM-1 medical transport to return.
Situation: Attend to patients following standard protocol

As it was, and as anyone always find themselves in such dire circumstances, Ayda and her newly arrived medical team got right down and busy, despite their current lack of knowledge of the entire scope of the situation on hand.
[member="Maeve Ar'klim"] had jumped the AM-1 to system Demonsgate, as soon as Ayda and the medical team were dropped off upon landing.
There had been little if no pleasantries exchanged at all due to the pressing issues of acquiring needed medical supplies. 'keep a place warm for your comrade'...it had been their moto on Utapah. Ayda mustered a good a smile as one could give to an almost hopeless cause. She knew Maeve understood.
A simple farewell wave followed when Maeve and her pilot gave a last glance over the Field hospital as they ascended. As the medical transport corvette took to the clouds, a small prayer to the gods whom may be watching how this little game with so many pawns were being played, Ayda whispered for them to mind.

They were greeted by the current staff, which could only spare one doctor and an assistant upon their disembark of the AM-1.
Immediately Ayda and her staff took upon themselves what gaps currently needed to be filled. There was very little that needed communicating, other than informing the field hospital that they had arrived with no supplies. What supplies they had once started with on Utapah and following the Galactic Alliance retreat, had been almost completely been exhausted. But hopefully, Dr Ar'klin's jump to Demonsgate would yield at least some minimal supplies. Anything Maeve could bring back at this time would be of tremendous help.

The first few hours, mostly comprised of evaluating and trying to stabilize the most critical of patients. This was indeed a difficult task without required medicines...but they did their best and in many instances were at least able to stabilize and provide much comfort to the dire.
It were during her first hours of these rounds by which Ayda came across whom apparently was a mystic healer..a force healer. She spared a moment's glance over to her here and there. There were many sick in the one part of the field hospital that were set up with a quarantine protocol...a virus...a pathogen which prayed easily on the week. So it were the nature of these pathogens it seemed in areas of duress such as the forefront of battlegrounds upon which civilians were caught in.

It was inevitable that upon each other's rounds to the bed weary sick that they seemed to meet mid way.
Ayda's orbs gently met those of the healer.
"Hello..." Ayda greeted her. Her tone were not one of joy but of despair itself. She and her staff for the most part had dropped upon the field hospital with no supplies..including provisions. They could only offer assistance with what the field hospital already had on hand...which at this time had little. if anything, Ayda and her staff would be a burden on the rations, if her AM-1 couldn't secure provisions from Demonsgate. Then they would have to last a week before the AM-1 with Maeve would return from a long round trip to their mobile base hospital the ATM-SERENITY.

"How long have you been here?" Was all she could ask before extending her hand to her. " My name's Ayda...Dr. Ayda Elisantra..." She introduced herself.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]
[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

It had not taken very long really for them to load the ship and send her on her way. Maeve thanked them over and over for their kindness. Yes it would help countless others and yes she would return to listen to the stories they had, she liked stories.

She had smiled bitter sweetly she would have loved to stay there and talk to them but duty called and she was oath bound.

//Jump to Aduba III//

The space around them changed and they were on their way. She had taken time to send [member="Ayda Elisantra"] a message that she was on her way back.

She looked at the supplies, thank goodness. Yes it was all good. When they arrived within the sytem the pilot headed towards the lz for the medical group.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Republic Field Hospital, Patient Tent 3
Interacting with [member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Alexandra had been treating a young man when Ayda arrived, the other woman finding Alexandra quick enough and speaking. Alexandra's only response was a smile returned to the woman before she went back to work and her eyes closed again, hand holding over his chest and Alexandra's mind focused in, seconds becoming hours as she watched the young man's blood circulate. The virus coursed through him and infected cells at an increasingly rapid pace that made Alexandra annoyed as there was little she could do against diseases like this. The force had its limits, if one was to use it naturally and not corrupt its power to play god, something Alexandra had to learn the hard way and why her healing was restricted, careful not to mutate those she treated or alter their course of their biology with the force.

It was only then that Alexandra spoke and focused her eyes on Ayda, smiling softly and a bit reassuringly. She spoke with a soft tone that matched her eyes and smile, a careful voice selecting its words and acting as a source of relief and relaxation. A source of hope that everything would end well and no one would come out of this worse than they were now.

"A pleasure to meet you, I am Alexandra. One of the people who came to help these people. There is little I can do though, my lab is many worlds away and my connection with the Force can only do so much without falling into the realm of unnatural actions..." She almost seemed sad to say that, looking at the young man and stroking his hair while she thought on the matter. Only after a few more moments did she stand from where she had been kneeling, her feet carrying her towards the center aisle of the tent, holding out her hand to Ayda.

"I have been here for a few days now Dr. These people are stable but the sickness is not something I know how to combat and cure..." She had lowered her voice so that only Ayda could hear her clearly. "I hope that you are more skilled in this realm of work, because I am woefully inept."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom