Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Up The Lights In Here, Baby. Extra Bright I Want Y'all To See This. (GR/GA/Naboo)

Jamie Pyne said:
"Well to begin, it would be a great help if you could offer any information or assistance in locating Suravi. Whatever you have on file regarding her would be of great value to us."
Nicolas nodded, then turned to listen to [member="Myles Skyreaper"] speak.

Myles Skyreaper said:
"With all due respect Sir we are not Bounty Hunters. We have a duty to the people to guide them and protect them looking to the future."
"True, we aren't bounty hunters." Nicolas confirmed, offering a nod to Myles before looking at everyone else in the room. "But I do not believe you were asking us to hunt her down, Lady Pyne, correct me if I am wrong. You want information from us that could help to lead to her capture." He paused for a moment, looking over the room. "Providing such information that can lead to the apprehension of Suravi Teigra would be protecting them. I doubt she would just leave our merry band of ships alone either way." He turned back fully to [member="Jamie Pyne"]. "What information we have, we will give you. I can also reach out to others to see if they can provide information. We have a few former senators in our group, any information they have is yours."

Nicolas thought, for a moment, about any information he, personally, might have. That was slim. "All I know off hand is that she has strong ties to Kiribi. She did send a message through when I was in the Denon system, facilitating an evacuation of our personnel. We were never able to decipher where the signal originated from, but we can also give you that information. Naboo and the Galactic Alliance likely have better access to personnel who can crack her encryption than we do." He paused, typing down a few notes on the pad resting by his elbow.

[member="John Ash"]
[member="Ajira Cardei"]

John Ash

Only by Fire do we become Ash.
The conversation finally was shifting to a more pleasant topic. Bounty hunting. John's attention was peeked, although he didn't show it on the outside. He listened closely to everything that followed and found himself a little disappointed. This was not about an actual job but rather about the trading of information amongst the two parties. And the target was someone that John wasn't going to touch with a ten hutt long pole. This Suravi woman had some bounties out on her head, but it was a bad idea to go after them. She was paranoid for one and covered all of her tracks. The other problem was that she always seemed to be surrounded by an unnatural number of soldiers and ships. It would take a good sized mercenary company to even think of going after her, and most hunters works alone or in small groups. Definitely not worth it at all.

Despite the fact that John would never touch the bounty, it seemed that [member="Nicolas Thorne"] was willing to offer [member="Jamie Pyne"] some information as well as provide some message even though [member="Myles Skyreaper"] had advised against it. Something about Kiribi being a potential location for Suravi and a message she had sent to Denon. What did Kiribi and Denon have to do with this person? The Republic did control both planets at one time, but Kiribi had been in Sith control before both collapsed. Wasn't there some group of warlords or something forming around the core worlds while the Galactic Alliance seemed to be eating up as many core systems as they could? This was looking to be a disaster in the making. If this young woman was smart, she would encourage the Alliance to be careful if they set foot around Kiribi. This Suravi woman already seemed to have caused enough problems around Atrisa and Naboo. Walking into enemy territory was always ill advised unless you had to, and this woman they were after didn't care about committing a war crime or five.

John just continued to keep quiet and watch how things went. The woman was not showing any hostility so far and the meeting seemed to be moving in a peaceful direction. That was boring but it meant things would be easy after all. He might have enjoyed for her to pull out a hold out blaster to take a pop shot at his client though. Still a chance for it to happen. Still a chance for something more interesting than a two people chatting away pleasantly at each other about something he had no interest in. Still a chance, but it wasn't going to. He knew that, they knew that. Easy credits were nice, but sometimes he would rather risk being shot than take those easy credits.

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

The blonde nodded. "Correct. I'm not asking you to personally chase this woman down. There are others willing to take that task. Myself included, if I must."

Jamie going after Suravi may have sounded a bit odd to the others in the room, however she also hadn't quite broadcast the fact that she was a Jedi herself, even if Nicolas had been able to pick up on the fact that she was in fact, sensitive to the Force and tilted towards the light as he was. To the others she would seem as ordinary as any other noblewoman politician the rest of the galaxy had seen time and again.

"Information is often times far more powerful than anything else."

And the more one had, the better off they were. Information drove the galaxy forward.

"Anything you can forward to my office, Master Thorne would be of utmost help. Perhaps by our coordinated efforts we can help one another restore both your Republic, and safety to our peoples."

[member="Nicolas Thorne"] | [member="Myles Skyreaper"] | [member="John Ash"] | [member="Ajira Cardei"]

Jamie Pyne said:
"Anything you can forward to my office, Master Thorne would be of utmost help.Perhaps by our coordinated efforts we can help one another restore both your Republic, and safety to our peoples."
Nicolas knew all to well how much power information could have. He would normally be fairly reticent about openly sharing information, more to keep the Republic safe than for any vain reason of being an information broker himself. However, in this case, any information shared could only lead to more safety for the Republic. He knew Suravi wouldn't find them until they had settled a planet, and even then it would likely take effort. The last report he had placed Suravi between Kiribi and the Core, though the Deep Core could be some place she would go as well, as it was notoriously difficult to navigate there.

"I will have everything I can find on Suravi forwarded directly to you, Lady Pyne. Be wary, though, she has inspired her people with delusions of grandeur, making them zealots to her cause."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]
[member="John Ash"]
[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom