Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Matsu was looking at him while she went through most of the things there allowing her attention to be divided as Josh was talking about something. "Might also be gas Joshua. Not everything has a deeper meaning or agenda, sometimes it is just what it appears to be." She said it with a look on her face as she moved. "And sometimes there is more to it but more often you can avoid a whole lot of muck just by paying attention." Now in the more open mines the jedi master could rise up and search the sections of it while moving on some of the equipment and chunks of crystal that had been harvested. Matsu was working with it while going over some of the things they had found.

"Might be. But usually, when I have a bad feeling, I don't tend to be wrong."

A noise. He could almost swear he had heard a noise. But it was faint, as though it had come from elsewhere in the ruins. He let out a deep breath, pondering if perhaps he had imagined it. He looked over to see Matsu going over what they had found, but he still couldn't help but feel uneased.

A breath escaped the Jedi Master as he would close his eyes, placing a hand on the wall.... Not to try and sense something on the other side - no. But to relax. To ease himself. And perhaps to see if he could sense something in the area... Clearing his thoughts might allow him to sense from a larger radius. But if he was stressing himself, he would find nothing... He knew that.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu watched Joshua from the corner of her eye and listened to him then saw him go off. Letting her hands work while she remained aware of what was there for them. She had most of her attention going to some of the sections in the force until she rose up with the utility belt. It let her look out towards the mining equipment with most of her time spent towards looking over sections of what they had found. The different equipment and droids she could work on and bring her own into place. Some of the technical data they had been working on for mining things mostly aurodium and crystals within it. She could work with it to try and get it going again.

They weren't alone. He could feel it. A look toward Matsu conveyed that. The question was, were they safe... Was it a friendly party, or was it perhaps like the unstable droids they had met earlier? He didn't know. All he knew was that they would have to be cautious. The Jedi would breathe gently as he would walk back to Matsu, seeming satisfied with what he had found. But... Not satisfied enough. Still, he curiosity found itself getting the best of him as he would glace curiously at what Matsu was working on and what she had found. An expression told his curiosity, wondering if perhaps she would elaborate.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu kept fccus and working on the droid while she heard Joshua approaching and got the power on. Lights going on while she moved itno the cab of the mining droid more to work on it and oversee the processing sections of it. She had some of it working and her hands were dusting off the screen to look over all of the things in it. She had some ideas of the systems going into it as it seemed just an older model of the newer droids they had produced for Shinra. "There is some data on here and it is working now, hopefully will come off as a good thing in the end."

He watched as the Jedi Master would get the droid's lights on, getting it on and seeming to attempt to get the droid's older frame working in order. He had to wonder just what she was planning to do with it. Maybe there was some information within it that they could use? Maybe it had the location of what they sought? The possibilities were endless.

"Any particular data you're looking for?" The blonde-haired Jedi would inquire.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"No not really, it could have manifests and logs detailing what they mined and it could have all corrupted data. Either way a large bulky of a mining droid made to survive having a mountain dropped on it or be near a volcano should ease that rampant paranoia you seem to have that everything is going to go wrong." She continued to work on the things while moving with her attention on some of the things down here while the jedi master reached out with her attention on the droid bringing up the screen and going over the lists as she started looking for things. "Now where are some phone books."

"Well, that's one way to narrow down what we might find in here" He remarked, rolling his eyes when she made fun of him apparently being paranoid. They had already been attacked once, it was honestly difficult to blame the Jedi for being on his guard even after the initial danger had passed.

"Phone books?" He inquired. "Why would you need phone books exactly?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu sat there and let her head barely being able to look over the dash of the droid. Sitting in there to look over the different things as her attention went to her forearm datapad that was downloading the information to use. "Well I am kind of short and seeing through the view port here would be hard." She was looking over some of the things on the datapad while a grin appeared on her face. A nice collection of crystals that would be for their use in some things. That would come in handy, more then that while the droid started moving without her aid they could teach a few things.

"I could always do it" The Jedi would offer with a light chuckle when Matsu mentioned that she was short, motioning toward his feet. At 6'3, Josh was quite capable of handling whatever it was Matsu needed done on the height scale. He could also probably just have her ride on his shoulders, but that probably wasn't an option that either one would be all that fond of.

His gaze moved to the droid again, curiosity flowing through his brimming brown eyes - as though he were a Padawan seeing the world for the first time all over again.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu looked at him with the mention of how he was taller then her and she was wondering how that was helpful to her being able to see over the large dash. The jedi matsu was taking some of the attention towards the warehouse for storage the droid was takings its cargo back to. She could think of a few things they had of interest down here while letting the force gather and she brought her legs up crossing them on the seat while waiting and it went through the sections of the mine.

He was kidding, of course, but he did make a motion to say that if there was a way he could help, he would. He looked over at the droid for a moment and took a deep breath. He still felt a pit in his stomach from what he had sensed before, and that sense of foreboding as though they really were not alone here. But for now, it seemed they were to wait. He would find himself a seat and relax, for the moment....

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The droid continued forward as the warehouse area loomed in the distance and the ruined look of some of the things they had.She could see more of it letting a few of the things interest her as she saw the droid stop and begin turning around as it docked to the processing for unloading and she was moving to get to the back of the droid and into the container with he ore and crystals as she activated a lightsaber digging it itno the metal to secure a hand hold before she went down into the processing containers they were giving them things. She could see more crystals down there that would serve the purpose she was looking for.

The Jedi would watch this process curiously, seeing as she didn't seem to find the humor in his wise-cracks. Soon enough, a lightsaber was out and she got to work. Noting the result, he tilted his head and looked over at her. "So the crystals... These are the ones that you're looking for, correct?" The Jedi Master would inquire toward Matsu curiously.

He felt a chill shoot down his spine for a moment. Paranoid? Maybe? But there hadn't been a lot of times that he had been wrong in accords to this either. For now though, he would relax, knowing that fretting too much wouldn't amount to anything but stress. It was best to take things as they came, and keep an open mind... He wouldn't say that there was nothing in the area. But he wouldn't let himself fret himself to death over the possibility either....

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Yes and the more the better." She could use more of everythign in her work, no doubt. Observing and working with crystals was well it was a very specific area you have to have lots of reserve in case you messed up because then they usually broke or exploded. So she'd take a planet's worth if it could ensure a few extra things like she knew some jedi such as Matric were skilled and a special hilt crafted by an artisan from crystal pontite might impressive stoic jedi master. Or Shmi or some of her padawans who didn't really have sabers beyond their training ones. She could work with them and present a beautiful hilt for their own use. Continuing into the processing warehouse with her hand making another glow ball to suspend in the air she could see the crystals.

"Fair enough" Was his answer without skipping a heartbeat. While he didn't really have much use for the crystals, he wasn't expecting to have a personal use himself for what Matsu was looking for here regardless. He was here for the mission, and the experience that came with it. As well as a chance to work with his old Master again, of course. What she did with the crystals was not his concern, but he would certainly help if he possibly could.

"You know" He began as he would raise a hand to give her a hand with balancing the glowing floating ball in the air while they walked. "I really haven't had the chance to ask, what has Miss Ike been up to in the time since my apprenticeship?" The Jedi would inquire, a small smirk crossing his lips as his gaze moved to his old Master once agin, a curious glint in his eye.

He knew so much about Matsu, yet also so little...

[member="Matsu Ike"]

While workign to illuminte the warehouse and look over the crystals she was getting a thought before working on some of the things. "I have been working with the jedi when I can and the ones who want me to make new equipment and research. We've made more advances in minimizing jedi equipment so they can have more used without needing a lot of space." Her attention was on some of the thing with her hand going over it before she picked some more of them up to look through the icy blue crystal.

"Well, that's certainly one way to put it" The Jedi would joke with a light smile. "Have any good stories? We haven't really had much of an opportunity to sit down and talk since I was your Padawan, honestly I really don't know all that much about you" He would admit with a small chuckle. But it was true, even when he was apprenticing under Matsu, he really only knew that she was a mother, and about her general style as a Jedi. So her response, of course, hadn't surprised him one bit.

Of course, he noted as they worked, he knew that good conversation could make the job go by faster. Being trapped with nothing but your own thoughts for long periods of time could be very unhealthy...

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Not much in the way of stories." She was working on things while gathering some of the crystals before going over a few more things and scanning it with her palm. "I am a jedi master, working in some of the cases is one thing but I do not glorify my actions. I preform what must be done and then move on. No more, no less. Those I save and there are ones I might have failed. I just find ways to handle it." She said it with kind of a smile on her face while standing up with the crystals in her pack setting a beacon so they could have it marked for the droids to come and retrieve. Her workers could do a lot of the things there.

The Jedi Master shrugged in response as they worked. "I wouldn't call it glorifying it" He would admit as he looked over at her with a light smile. "I mean... Look at me. Since we parted... Knight. Master. Jedi Council... Grand Admiral.... Played a major part in making peace with the Fringe... Grandmaster... Took part in hundreds of battles, in several wars, I've taken part in some of the biggest decisions in the Jedi and seen the biggest changes in the Jedi in a long time... Left the Order after disguised Sith had me step down as Grandmaster, and now I hang out with the Silver Sanctum when I'm not somewhere in the deepest reaches of the Outer Rim stopping slavery... All in the span of a couple of years. But what does all that matter, right? To me... It doesn't. I don't do this for glory. Never did... I don't care for glory. But what's important is... These things happened. They're experiences we had. We learned from them, we changed and matured and developed from them... They're a part of us." He explained with a light chuckle.

"In the end... While our code may speak against emotion, and many Jedi follow that to the letter.... You and I are still human. We're just as human as any other human being in the galaxy. We're warriors, we're monks trained from a young age for something we believe in, we're not raised the way other people are... But we're just like them, all the same. Sharing a story... Sharing our experiences... There's nothing wrong with it. It's good entertainment, and there's no real need to glorify it. It's why I tell stories if people ask if I have any. If they ask... Well, there isn't a reason to deny them if you've had an experience or two that might interest somebody" He remarked with a chuckle.

"Point is... There's no shame in telling a story or two if they ask. It's fun to share the experiences you've had in this life, with people who didn't get to see them" Josh would add, holding the beacon in place while she programmed it. "And they always do make the job go by faster, no?"

It might sound silly but....

Jedi were people too.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom