Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Matsu looked up at him and then at the droids while she was focusing on it and had a small grin. It was an interesting time she saw when going towards some of the things they had but she did work on some skills for this and is amused her a little bit. The jedi had a problem fighting droids that could ambush them so.... develop an application of the force specifically designed to disable and break droids as she had white energy crackling between her fingers. "It has been awhile, fighting is not always needed." The shields of the droideka's were made strong but weak against several things specifically slow moving objects and when they rolled to move and catch up with running targets or just find them again. Matsu let the energy arc off her fingertips while they were coming and spray out to one of the droids as it stopped, shook and smoked from fried circuits.

Josh listened to Matsu's words, and then noted the bits of energy sparking from her fingers. All of a sudden, one of the droids would stop, shields down and all, and would short circuit, beginning to spark. "Heh.... Nice moves" Josh would remark toward Matsu, impressed by her quick thinking - but they wouldn't have time to celebrate. The fried droid would suddenly get back up, still sparking, but it was clear that it's sensors and systems had gone absolutely haywire - as it would begin firing at a rapid, machine gun-like pace, firing everywhere. Sure, it wasn't exactly aiming at them anymore, but it was aiming everywhere at breakneck speeds.

"Chit!" Josh cried out as he would get his lightsaber up to block the blaster bolts as they came near him, his eyes widening at how quickly he needed to act in order to defend himself. The other droid was getting hit with bolts as well, but it's own shield was protecting it for the time being. The Jedi Master knew they would have to act fast, or they weren't going to be able to survive long.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu raised an eyebrow but had her hand out as she was letting blue energy shimmer in front of herself. The barrier of her hands making an area in front of them allowing the bolts to be absorbed as it strengthened with tutaminis while she could keep the barrier up for hours or days at this pace. The droids were giving more then enough energy before she really had to do anything with a flare of force energy. She knew some of the other skills masters had developed as barriers able to arc disabling energy was possible and done several times. Her real thoughts thoug went to what was behind the droids as she was focusing and shaped at the stone of the pathways to upset and trip one of them making it uneven then opening the floor to swallow it with the sound of machinery crushing.

Josh was busy deflecting blaster bolts, trying to figure out a gameplan, as he noted the floor behind the droids opening. What in the world was Matsu even doing, he had to think as he looked over at his former Master. And then that gave him an idea. The first thing that they needed to do was stop the Droidika that was going haywire. The both of them would start moving forward, one shooting everywhere, and one shooting at them directly. The one on the left no longer had his shield, meaning Josh could reach him... If he was lucky.

Josh would race forward, spinning his blade to deflect the blaster bolts coming at him, before leaping into the air, giving him a little reprieve from the blaster bolts. He would charge up what energy he could before letting out a scream, unleashing a Force Wave that, while it would shove the shielded Droidika into the wall, it wouldn't do much else, but the unshielded one would find itself pushed back into the hole that had been created, falling a good ways down. They could hear the sound of machinery crashing as it hit. But Josh would have to jump back, his saber back up as the close Droideka would focus it's fire on him while he was close. Josh would make his way back to Matsu, starting to breathe a little heavier. More advanced moves such as Force Wave, as well as having to deflect the blaster fire that had been firing at them for so long, took a toll on even a Jedi Master.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu watched Joshua as she kept the shield up moving into the wall as she shaped it with the droid and watching Joshua in the force as she focused on keeping energy flowing. He showed some skill but seemed to be expending more energy with simple droids compared t fighting someone who could use the force. She came out maintaining the barrier and looking at him as she extended her hand sealing the hole with a hand brushing as her robes. "You are tired easily, your training should have taught you how to pace yourself." She raised an eyebrow watching him as she walked straightening herself while walking.

And there went the second droid. Josh didn't drop his guard until he knew for sure that the droid had been destroyed. Matsu's criticism caught him off guard, and he looked over at her, smiling faintly. "I can pace myself fine" The Jedi would assure her. "I can fight with my lightsaber for hours without getting tired. It's when I expend my energy more using more advanced tactics in the Force that fatigue starts to set in" He would explain. "It's my fault, I'll admit that. I haven't really needed to use them a whole lot until recently. Most situations have not required these kinds of things, and as they don't require them, I conserve my energy. But that also means I'm not as used to using them as I should be" He would add.

"It's something that'll pass as I adjust" Josh would add, taking a breath. "It won't take me long before I'm back on my feet either, just need to catch my breath. As I adjust to using more advanced abilities, I won't be tired near as quickly"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

She listened to him and watched walking with her hands clasped behind her back made several mental notes as she extended her field of detection out and shaped the wall. "Making a strong push is not as advanced as you make it sound Joshua. Be careful in the future and do not allow your skills to atrophy. A jedi is always learning, also evolving and changing. It is what makes us students of the force and children compared to the whole, even I still have room to learn but." She held her hand while bringing it over the hole she had made and focused allowing the force to distort the air. The hole become a room below. "Dimensional compression and shifting. While the droid bounces around in otherspace we can continue down into the facility." She looked up at him with a blank expression and the idea of advanced ability like waves compared to shifting and vibrating into pocket dimension said something... Helped when you trained with ones skilled in it and such also.

"Perhaps you're right" The Jedi would observe aloud as he thought it over. "Perhaps I'm not breathing right as I do them, or exerting myself too much when I do so. I'll have to research and work on it" Josh would conclude, taking a deep breath. With a quick breather, of course, he would be back in the fray. Perhaps it was just his breathing... He'd likely experiment on that as he went, see what works, see what doesn't work, and inevitably fix it. He definitely wasn't out of shape, even if he hadn't used moves like these in quite some time. He had only been back in the combat fray for a little while, after all.

As he peeked down into the hole, he noted the changes, then looked back at Matsu and nodded. "Lead the way"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

She moved down and through the hole while watching some of the things they had gotten into. She could see more crystals and these were uncut while moving into it with her senses opened. THe jedi master touched one of the crystals while she was reaching out with the force and pushed her influence across the area. The mining equipment and the old model broken down droids gave her some idea of where they were while she was moving with some thoughts throughout the area. They would be able to work on and improve some of the models while she brough her hand up shaping one of the crystals out of the rock to look at the size of it. "Now these are the kind of crystals you want to use. With the right materials we can make them into a couple of things."

Once the duo hopped through the hole that had been made, the Jedi Master would peer around the room, for a moment noting the wrecked droids from their prior battle. His mind was filled with thoughts of how to better make use of his breathing, and a new training regiment to end the easy fatigue that Matsu had critiqued him on. She was right, of course, even a Jedi Master was still learning. But he had known that, and quoted it a hundred times in the past. He just needed to learn to overcome this, as he had overcome many other obstacles in the past.

He listened as Matsu would point him toward the crystals they were to look for. "Got it" He spoke as he would look back at her. "What kinds of things we talking, exactly?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Oh the fun kind." SHe had a grin while walking and she thought about a couple of the things. "Well can work on upgrading some artifacts we have worked to create. The blasters that channel force light to attack sithspawn and darksiders if needed, amulets that can detect the darkside and if touched by evil burn their hands, small rings to channel barriers and protection. Different things we have to work on and construct as jedi to advance our knowledge of what the ancient orders could do... and to build a cooperation with older groups like the Jeensaari and JalShey."

"Fun kind, huh?" He inquired with a light chuckle when she said that. "Something tells me your idea of fun is a -little bit- different from mine, Matsu" The Jedi would crack in return. "Sounds like some interesting stuff though. Never really... Upgraded my things with all of that fancy sounding chit. Usually a good lightsaber strikes down a bad guy, a good force power sends another scurrying, and a smart mouth deals with your usual thugs that Jedi generally deal with. Guess I'm just not a guy who needs those advanced things" He admitted, laughing a little.

"You think many have been here, judging by what's here?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

She looked at him for a moment as he said one good power and didn't say how he seemed nearly winded from a simple extension of push. Given the levels of training that many could go through and learn how to beef themselves up for preforming some of the stronger skills... Also understanding always lessened the drain on your body. "Given the history and the remoteness of the world. More then likely it has been visited and used for other things. Smugglers wanting a place no one would look or getting a place to dump things by pirates so no one comes looking. there are literally hundreds of thousands in the galaxy who could find a use for a world like this aside of harvesting crystals."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

He wouldn't say "nearly winded" but definitely a little out of practice with the move. That, he could - and intended to - fix, of course. A new training regiment had been building in his head, though he would need to be back on his ship and not on mission to start with it of course. Luckily his new ship gave him a lot more space then the old YT did. Being a part of the Republic had been a drag quite a few times, but they certainly knew how to pick a ship, at the very least.

"Well, let's hope we're the lucky ones to find them then"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"That is the hope." She was moving and the crystals down there in the mine were quite a sight to behold as she illuminated one of the carts looking over the things there with a small smile on her face. There was some more she could work with and taking a tag from her belt she put it in while working on some of the things for the droids to retrieve behind them while she kept going. The remains of imperial computer banks and walkers she could go through while the stormtrooper armor was there but nothing left inside of it. SHe was moving and opening their belts while retrieving some of the beacons and image casters while she set them up with her palm holo to display the different sections of the mines and base.

"Knowing your uncanny luck from these trips of ours, we probably will" He responded with a light chuckle in return to her remark. While Matsu looked at the things around them and fiddled with things, the Jedi Master watched the walls. He had learned from last time, watch the walls... You never knew just what might pop out - or just what you might find. These places tended to be crawling with treasure, but also with danger. You had to be careful, but also be observant.

He looked over to see Matsu's discovery. The remains of imperial computer banks, stormtrooper armor... They were such old relics, he could tell. But they weren't what the Jedi Master was searching for, no. But they did seem to serve her intent to find a map around the place. The Jedi would lean against the wall and gaze around. He had an uneasy feeling still, even if their droideka foes from before had been felled...

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I don't know if I would call it luck Joshua, more there is purpose in everything including." She was working with some of the pieces and lifting it while digging through more of the stuff to get an idea. "Failure and problems." She didn't need to manipulate it was more she had found purpose in her failures over worrying about them or trying to scramble and make everything work the way she had originally intended. Just go with the flow while she came up with a section of armor over some datapads she looked at. Activating the maps on them before she plugged it into her holopad to look over the things while she was moving and saw a small cache up ahead. "You only need to learn from failure and use it as another way not to do something adding to your success. Not try to force things back to your original plan."

"Everything we do has a little bit of luck, if you think about it. The fact that we've only run into a few droids instead of a battalion of Sith Lords could be considered lucky" The Jedi would half-joke in turn. He would relax and lean against the wall as he watched Matsu work on her thingymabobby. Finally, her holopad seemed to bring up some sort of map, leading to a cache nearby. He smiled a bit and nodded. "Looks like this could be our lucky day" He would remark. "Or, skill-driven, as you say."

But that eerie feeling was something he couldn't shake. There was something wrong, he could feel it... But what?

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Looking at him for a moment while going through the things was an important part, slowly the jedi master was getting through more until she had found it. A nice solid chunk of crystal that could be used to upgrade and test... Maybe even give the design for in the converters. Then she'd just need to work on the pieces to construct it while the machine did the real work of making her more crystals to expand. "As for running into droids or sith, a poisoned world with no power wouldn't help sustain a droid. They'd be cannibalising each others power systems and trying to survive on low power mode." Sith would just need to hold their breath and hope the radiation that her circelet held back was not goingto poison them too much.

He nodded in turn at her remark. "I'm surprised those droidikas were still running there and able to attack us" He would remark. "Though it didn't take much to cause one of them to malfunction and start attacking both sides. I assume it's because of the low power you were talking about. Probably making their systems act like crap" The Jedi would add as he watched Matsu work.

"I don't know, I just feel... A presence. But I don't know if it's through the Force, or if it's my gut" He would admit, scratching his head. "I just feel like... You know, something isn't right. What did the old guy say before. Oh, right, yeah."

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom