Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Troubles on Level 3126

Troubles on Level 3126

7RyVOa0UkPWAwgSnCfI0OzfuvxMcteTs4a5Dvu6ROM4.jpg

(OOC: Thread with Braze Braze but others are welcome to join in on the fun as it gets started just coordinate with me via PM/Discord since I'm going to be like DMing it).

There are so many! I could never have imagined this many people crammed into one area, all interconnected, not to mention the entire planet. Coruscant…of course I learned about it in the holos…but to feel it in the Force is another thing entirely!

Tella had not gotten far from the alleyway entrance of the warehouse where her mother had suddenly flung her off to begin her new life before she simply had to stop to take it all in. She leaned up against one of the worn, cracked duracrete walls that extended through the rest of the path leading to what she could feel was the main thoroughfare of Level 3126 before closing her eyes and centering herself. She let out a long, deep breath, simply acclimating to her new, strange environment on the galactic capital. Her black gloved hands shook slightly as she did so, a reaction to the well of excitement, fear, and shock at the rudeness of her transition.

This is just like her to throw me into the thick of things to teach me something, except on a much larger scale! On my 23rd Birthday no less!

She offered an exasperated sigh, putting her right hand on her forehead and rubbing it.

Still, it is nothing I have not been through before, she has done these kinds of things to teach me a lesson, it’s just that this time it is on a far larger scale. She would not have done so if she did not genuinely think I would be up for the challenge. So, let me recap, what do I have again?

She glanced down at her white and black robes with gold trim and her two Songsteel lightsabers, her only possessions in the world now.

Well, at least she let me keep the clothes on my back and my weapons before kicking me out of the nest and sending me to fly. That’s a decent start as far as her training usually goes!

Feeling a bit better, or, at least, centered enough to keep her hands from shaking, Tella moved from the wall back into the alleyway, and then from there into the main pedestrian thoroughfare of the level. She decided to take a left and simply stroll around the area, getting a feel for where she had been dropped off.

It did not take long for her to become disappointed.

Level 3126 was far from what the Holonet tapes and advertisements depicted it. Instead of glittering and pristine, signs of wear and tear could be seen everywhere. Most of the residences and shops along the the street could not even seem to be bothered to plaster their bare, moldering duracrete walls, and those that did had them cracked and chipped. It was hard to see between dimly lit areas that might have seen a light changed two decades ago and ones so smothered in flashy advertisements she was pretty sure it was a flagrant violation of any planet health code. The air had a distinctly metallic, slightly acidic taste to it, and she dreaded to think what contaminants she had already inhaled.

The people themselves were in a state just as bad or not worse than their surroundings in terms of character if not dress, something she was made keenly aware of as she deftly evaded being vomited on by a wayward Devronian spacer clearly out of his mind on some kind of substance. Rough-looking youths leered at her from within various alcoves, various colored flasks and pipes in their hands. Tired, old scarred men could be seen huddled together in groups near cobbled together heaters and tents, veterans of wars long forgotten by those in the gleaming upper levels, their old female counterparts bickering and haggling over credits at the various street vendors of dubious reputations for the essentials of life.

This is what mother meant by starting at the bottom to get the real picture of the situation…how could a place like this exist right in the middle of the Galactic Capital? Under the noses of the Alliance who constantly preached their ideas of liberty and equality? Who control so much of the Galaxy?

Speaking of them, while she saw the occasional CSF officer or two, they were in just as much of a sorry state as the citizens they protected. Busted up landspeeders, scuffed and blaster-scorched armor that might have been good a century ago, and weapons that looked as if they were more likely to cause their user damage than any target. Reaching out with the Force to try to sense how they felt, she was taken aback at the sheer apathy and indifference that flowed back to her.

Short of a riot that could bring attention to them or an unprovoked attempted daylight murder of a slumming member of the upper tiers, they seemed content to simply sit back and collect their paychecks. After all, their fathers and their fathers before them had done the same, why change now?

Tella found herself deeply disturbed by the state of affairs she encountered, and it was only a loud, angry voice followed by the sound of cracking glass that shook her out of her reverie.

“So you have the money to buy your father that expensive medicine, but not the money to pay me my vig Trazen?” A burly tan human man, flanked by two of his rough-looking subordinates, shouted at a scared white-furred Bothan youth who had been thrown into, and then dragged back out of, a shop window.

“M-my father…” Trazen gasped painfully, wincing from the pain of some of the glass shards that had penetrated his thin jacket “he was not going to make it…I had no choice.”

“You had no choice the three other times this happened? Do you know what you’re saying about me?”

“No, Vigo, I-”

“You’re telling everyone around the level that I am NOTHING compared to the people who used to run things. You did not miss a single payment to Drask!” Vigo shouted as he socked the Bothan painfully in the stomach with his fist, causing the youth to writhe in pain. “You think I’m a bad guy? That I want to do this?”

Tella looked to a passing by CSF speeder. The two officers glanced at what was happening, before shrugging and taking off. The rest of the pedestrians seemed indifferent to Trazen’s plight as well. This is something that happened frequently, it seemed.

I need to do something, she firmly resolved, but mother always told me I needed to be more cautious. I have to understand what is really going down here…

Braze Braze Chaos_Cat Chaos_Cat

Last edited:
"I mean if you're down here you probably ARE nothing~" A young snarky-laced voice rang out as Braze stood by watching what was going on. "And you probably don't have the money to pay for that window you destroyed," Braze said with a smirk as he stood perched on a fire escape up high with his arms crossed looking down on the lot, wearing dark gray robes and black pants.

The white-haired youth seemed all too amused to butt in on this little conversation.

"So you're just a deadbeat there Vigo old fellow!" Braze said with a smile. Braze descended with a bit of over-dramatic aerial acrobatic flair as he lept off the edge and did an inverted aerial move before landing on his feet a small distance from the disturbance.

Braze said with a shrug. "It looks like you need a stern talking to; Guess I'll be the someone to do it," Braze stated in an overconfident manner.

Sure he was only here because he was skipping a class or two at the academy and he was trying to bide his time. However, he still had a fair amount of credits in his account from his parent's estate. If he wanted to save face, he'd better make sure that Vigo understood that.
"Perhaps you should reconsider your professions. Perhaps you would be serviceable as a servant if only you weren't such a deadbeat- I wouldn't have a lazy lout like you working for me. "

"Alright, kid, let's go," Braze said, walking toward Trazen. He hadn't noticed the on-looking miss as of yet.

Tella Voland Tella Voland

Last edited:

TotallyNotADMAccount

Totally not a DM account for throwaway NPC posts
For a moment after the relatively short, small white-haired young man spoke, Vigo, his men, and Trazen simply stood there with a look of disbelief on their faces. It was so fantastical to them that someone of his comparatively small stature and age would be getting involved in this neighborhood dispute. It just simply did not happen, especially because he looked to be more like some kind of teenage girl’s holonet boy fantasy than a young and tough street thug who could actually help out the young Bothan. Vigo and the thugs visibly smiled and chuckled, Trazen continued to stand where he was, surprised and terrified.

“Trazen, what the kark is this, some kind of joke? Or is this your boyfriend? Hey, never let it be said ol Vigo here ain’t progressive enough for interspecies relationships. Takes all kinds. If so, maybe he can front you the money, looks to be pampered enough.” The head tough cooed, drawing his blaster pistol and aiming it at the center mass of the kid while motioning for his two others to do the same.

Already, the crowd in the thoroughfare around them, with almost a psychic kind of danger sense, began to disperse into the local shops and crevices nearby, or hurried their way up and down the street.

“Listen kid, I don’t know who the spast you think you are or your relationship to this little deadbeat, but since you’re clearly new to this place, I’ll give you an explanation. This little tramp owes us two thousand credits, not including this week’s vig of 400. No one made him borrow the money from us, he knew what he was getting into. Either pay up, or shove off before you get hurt.”

Braze Braze

Tella was so focused on Trazen and the three thugs that, much like they were, she was surprised by the presence of the young man on the fire escape and his dramatic flair of a jump down to the ground level. Her mother would have chastised her for not being aware of him until he spoke, but he had not given any sense of hostility or ill intent that she could detect passively. What she could tell, though, that this was very far from the norm given the reaction of the crowd. And that they were expecting something bad to happen, and soon.

Oh great, less than two hours into your new life, and you might be witness to a violent gangland murder of a teenager AND a loansharking operation. Thanks Mom, really safe area you left me in…

Tella edged herself a bit closer to the three thugs, though still keeping her distance.Quieting her breath and reaching out with the Force, she tried to sense more about their emotional state and how ready they were to inflict violence. She also reached out lightly to try to discern more about the boy, this time attempting to keep her probe quiet and tendrils of the Force light, as she already suspected he was anything but ordinary to step in like he was.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tella began with Vigo and the two other thugs, sending invisible, wide tendrils of the Force around them to try to learn more about what they were likely to do. She was struck with a sense of Vigo's offer to the young man being genuine-if he paid up, Trazen would get to walk away with his debt cleared and everyone would be happy. If the young man did try something or did not scurry away soon, she could sense a real intent to harm-possibly kill if he put up a fight.

If only mother had left me ANYTHING but the clothes on my back and my lightsabers...we could at least have worked something out for this week.

The white-haired young man she was far more careful with in the Force with, the tendrils much more light and delicate than those she sent at the thugs, as if they were made of silvery gossamer. They gently surrounded him, and she only lightly attempted to probe his mind, hopefully without him being any the wiser about it. She could sense relatively easily that he was comparatively strong in the Force relative to your average resident of the galaxy, and may have possibly had some basic training from his presence and how it swirled around him. His mind was harder to get a read on, the boy was more guarded there, not an active defense to speak, but just how he was. And what she was able to find with such a light touch was halfway apparent from how he acted to begin with-he was inclined to be brazen, what she did learn was that he seemed to not put too much thought into his actions-he did what he felt like doing.

Ohhhh…this does not bode well…but I’m not good like Mother is at influencing others with the Force…I’ll just have to see how it plays out and be ready.

Tella sighed and strayed one hand towards her main lightsaber, and kept her mind focused and on the verge of drawing more deeply on the Force if it escalated quickly.

Braze Braze )

Last edited:
Braze did not seem to waver and continued on undaunted as he practically strutted closer.

"Last I checked lenders who are not authorized or regulated are illegal lenders. Ya know like the kind that may charge high-interest rates and use threats and intimidation toward anyone who borrows from them. It's a criminal offense to lend money for profit without a consumer credit license; Assault and battery were against the law the last time I checked too. "

He had no real desire to get involved with this group of thugs. They were lowlife scum who preyed upon the defenseless. But he was a warrior, and he knew what needed to be done. Or rather what he wanted to be done~

Braze stood his ground, and took a step forward, putting himself between the man and the Bothan.

He was plucky and overconfident as he strutted into the scene like a peacock. She could feel his excitement and the adrenaline that was fueling his foolhardy decisions. This was so much better than political science classes. He drew something suddenly from a hidden recess under his lavish-looking silken robes- It was a swift odd motion because he flicked his hand out to the side and like magic, the saber hilt flew to his hand from his robes. A vibrant pale green-hued blade crackled to life as a training saber ignited from his left hand. He twirled it with a playful skilled flourish and even flipped it mid-air and caught the blade in a reverse grip- A move he was fairly often scolded for doing to show off as it was easily considered dangerous and quite likely for him to lose a hand if it were fully powered blade.

"Perhaps I should give you the chance to pay /me/ to let you leave with your life for pissing me off~?" Braze didn't sound mad but rather anxiously excited ready and willing- no craving the fight.

"Tell ya what. You get on your knees and kiss my boot, and I'll consider your debts paid. " Braze said with all the pomp and circumstance heralding his intervention as if he were some weekend morning holo-toons hero brought to life. Except his demands were much less than hero-y, and more mean-spirited brat than anything.

TotallyNotADMAccount

(Haha, can't believe it actually worked!)

Vigo and his two henchman visibly scoffed at the moral reprimand the young man gave about proper moneylending practices, and telling THEM of all people how things really worked down in the slums. Smiles crept onto their faces-clearly, this was some clueless topsider. They would probably not even need to use their blasters, simply beating the kid up and then ransoming him to whatever rich family he came from would probably net them more than Trazen ever would-AND they still had the Bothan in their thrall.

That was probably why they did not immediately fire at the kid when he began to pull something from his robes and stand in between Vigo and Trazen, maybe it was something else to amuse them with. As it flew into his hand like magic and ignited into a brilliant green with the boy flourishing it, the amused looks turned serious, both of the thugs looking nervously towards Vigo for direction.

The chief enforcer of the little crew was no longer smiling, taking a few steps back, blaster at the ready as he did so, a grim look on his face. He was not the brightest but he would not be trusted as crew boss if he was not able to weigh the odds. Although the kid’s speech and demands were almost surely bravado, what was not was the weapon-and the way he had summoned and handled it, just enough to put a seed of doubt in him, a doubt that multiplied into more as the seconds continued on in the tense silence.

Unwise to the streets…having some kind of savior complex parading about like he is…caring about some low level wretch like Trazen…that weapon and the way he pulled it out and flourished it…unlikely to be one of those kinds of scammers. Could genuinely be a little Jedi kid who thought he could be a hero for a day and then go back home…?

His hard brown eyes flicked back towards the humming green lightsaber, and then to the terrified, and cowering Trazen. Risk and reward neurons fired through his brain, such as it was. And then he lowered his blaster, and gestured for his two associates to do the same and began to back off slowly keeping the Jedi in their sights, putting distance between themselves and the blade.

“What good luck you have, Trazen, a bonafide Jedi protector...for now…come on boys.. Boss’ll not be happy to hear about this. Not happy at all…”

Last edited:
Braze Braze

Tella watched the young man completely throw caution to the wind, a gnawing pit of anxiety growing in her stomach, as he further antagonized the thugs, who had already had their blasters drawn. What in the hell was he doing? Was this some kind of male bravado thing she didn’t know about because she had been sheltered for so long? Part of a cunning strategy? She did not get the sense it was the latter from what she had gleaned about him.

I don’t like the looks on their faces…they’re less on guard now, but it’s because they feel they can clearly take him easily. Wh-

Her thoughts were interrupted as the young man used the Force to pull out his lightsaber, flicking it on and flourishing it in a way that would never in the lifetime of the galaxy be a practical drawing technique as he caught it in midair, risking slicing himself as he did so. He continued this by even further antagonizing the thugs, telling them they should pay him. He was not just doubling down on his behavior, he was betting everything on it. And what was more terrifying, she realized, was that she did not feel he was bluffing. He was genuinely willing to fight the three of them.

That’s it, I’m going to have to intervene, there’s no w-

But even as the thoughts crossed her mind, she sensed a shift in the attitude of Vigo, and she shifted her eyes to him. The young man’s actions had caused him to pause and think. And as the tense seconds continued, think even more.

He must be weighing the outside chance the kid could be a genuine threat. There’s no way for him to know the boy must only have some basic training, if that, he’s not sensitive to the Force, and I doubt he knows the intricacies of lightsaber techniques. Could….could it actually work?

And to her shock, which was so great that she could not even hide the surprised expression on her face, it worked and the thugs backed off slowly and carefully. Against all odds, the boy’s gamble had paid off…for now…as Vigo said.

There is no way he is going to let that slide for either Trazen or this kid, not with the way the entire street saw what happened and his reputation mocked. I will have to follow them and help them out when the time comes. If I leave them, unless they both get out right now to a higher level along with Trazen’s family, they will almost surely be confronted again, with much greater firepower against them.

With that, Tella slipped back into the crowd that had begun to reappear on the streets, looking just as stunned and surprised as she did. It truly was like the young man was a hero straight out of a Holonet play about the Jedi. The Force was with him at the moment.

Braze turned around flourishing his training light saber With relative and practiced ease, before powering it off. He looked to the Bothan and returned his hilt somewhere hidden under his robes.

" So why do you owe him money?"
Braze asked seemingly content to have scared the baddies away for the time being. He was feeling rather highcrested presently and was practically glowing with pleased self confidence and could not help the plucky smirk that crept on to his features. There was just a touch of disappointed gruff at not getting a chance to test his mettel against the gangsters.

TotallyNotADMAccount

Braze Braze

Trazen, for his part during this entire exchange, had barely had it in him to continue to breathe. When Vigo and his two thugs retreated, he let out an audible sigh of relief and began taking deep breaths. It took him a few moments before he was able to reply to Braze, a look of genuine gratitude on his face, his tired green eyes showing a bit more hope than before. Never had he ever expected to be rescued from that situation by a legitimate Jedi! Those types almost never came down this far to begin with.

“Of course young Master Jedi. My father is a veteran of the Mawite-GA war, and during it, he worked in an armor division as a tank driver. During the last climatic battle his tank was hit, and he was not able to escape until he had inhaled a ton of toxic fumes, the combat medics said he was lucky to be alive. He never really breathed correctly after that. We tried everything to treat it but…”

Trazen looked at the ground, head hung in shame.

“Nothing seems to work except an expensive experimental medicine. We had to sell our house on the upper levels…Dad had to quit his job…Mom tries to make it with a noodles stall…I work as a mechanic. But even with all of that…I still had to borrow from Vigo to make the last few monthly payments. We’ve nothing left over after expenses at the end of the month…and with the high-interest rates…”

He glanced up back at Braze, a hopeful look in his eyes.

“Master Jedi, would you mind coming to our home for dinner? It’s the least we can do to repay you, and if you’re seen there, maybe Vigo’ll think you’re a regular friend of my father’s or some kind of Jedi outreach to veterans program and he’ll leave us alone. I’ve never seen him run like he did before you!”

The praise certainly stroked Brazes ego so did being called a master. Hah! He wasn't even chosen as a Padawan yet and he was being called a master.

" He sure did run but not like a dog with its tail between its legs. He did not submit to defeat. Which means he will be back. What happens if you pay him back? Are you able to afford your medication for your father? If you were able to somehow pay off your debt, How can you ensure that you do not end up in debt again?" Braze asked.

TotallyNotADMAccount

Trazen motioned for Brazen to follow him, and replied as he walked. He offered a loud sigh as he replied.

“If I’m able to pay him back, I should be in the clear. I had to go to him because I have already destroyed my credit and no one else will lend to me. Being a mechanic on this level…it pays enough to help with the mortgage, but we don’t exactly see the high end speeders or clientele. Honestly, we are not able to continue paying for the medication but what am I to do? See him become a vegetable who can barely move?”

Tarzan looked angrily at the endless levels of city above him.

“His military health insurance won’t pay for it and his pension isn’t that much. Says it’s 'experimental' and not covered. They want him to take this other drug…it works to keep him alive but…he can’t walk more than a few feet. He would be bedbound for the rest of his life. It would break him. And we have tried appeal after appeal but it keeps getting rejected. He spent years in service to the GA, but they’re too happy spending money on current soldiers in their quest to expand than take care of ones that are no longer useful…”

Trazen looked at Brave with a proud expression as they entered a more residential neighborhood.

“My dad was a hero, he fought at Tython alongside the Jedi. He always said good things about you. Maybe you can talk to him? Then tell your other Jedi? Maybe they could put in a good word for him?

Braze Braze

Braze frowned lightly hearing this. " Then it will only ever be a never ending cycle." He stated simply. These are a little sorts of issues the adults battled with every day and he could certainly see why. However none was coming to mind. Praise actually found himself a wanting to help.

" If it's experimental why are they charging you for it? Should they not be paying you and your father to be test subjects? How did you even find out this experimental medication existed?" Braze was raising a lotbof questions.

" Perhaps there's a bigger problem here and you're not the only one suffering from it it sounds very much like corruption. I don't understand how experimental medication could Be costly if it's experimental."

TotallyNotADMAccount

The Jedi and the Bothan turned down another street, this time towards a residential one where a variety of small to medium sized (for Coruscant) “houses” resided. Most were a mixture of old duracrete and whatever metal scrap could be fused together to provide protection against the elements, wild beasts, and other residents of the level. A few steps above living out of a cobbled together tent, but only a few.

“I asked the very same questions young Master Jedi…” Trazen replied wearily “Initially, it was not so expensive, it was a small company being run by our family doctor who specialized in treating war veterans. We were happy to pay that amount, it was a win-win situation, help him develop a new drug, get my father a better quality of life. But there are a ton of regulations trying to get it to the market, and he sold out to a larger pharmaceutical company who jacked the price up 2000% to 'help fund development costs' and 'reward shareholders in this tough galactic economy'. They say the price will be cheaper once it passes the approval process…maybe…in 5 years…”

Trazen looked deflated.

“I asked around, found some lawyers. It’s all done legally, stamped by those in the Senate. They say that’s how the galactic economy works. They said we could apply for extra charitable funds…I did…but we’re on a 3 year waiting list. Apparently since my father is not at death’s door and there is another drug that ‘works’ for him, we’re considered low priority.”

Eventually, they came to a modest white-and-brown home with a corrugated metal roof and a few windows, and a “garden” of sorts that held a few sickly green and yellow vegetables.

“Please, come in Master Jedi, it’d make my father’s day. We don’t have the fanciest food or accommodations…but my mother makes a mean Turbo Dog casserole…”

Braze Braze

"That's quite alright I am well fed as it is I don't want to impose on your family during such trying times. " Braze said but did humor him by coming inside.

"Can't your original family doctor make a variant of it for you?" Braze asked. " Or even teach you how to synthesize it?" He queried next.

There had to be a way to track down the corruption somehow. It just didn't make sense to be charging for experimental medicine. But he was running out of time. He needed to find a solution before he lost his one and only new friend. Maybe there's a way to solve this without resorting to dirty tricks? Braze thought hopefully.

TotallyNotADMAccount

“Oh, you would not impose at all, Master Jedi. You possibly saved my life, or, at least even more medical bills. At least have one of my father’s famous Citros Snow Cakes.”

Walking into the small, relatively cramped abode, Trazen shouted “Father! We have a guest! He’s a real, bonafide Jedi here to see you!”

While waiting for his father to come out, he turned again to speak to the Jedi.

“Ah, another consequence of Alliance ‘law’. When they bought his company, they bought his patent, if he were caught supplying it or making it offhand, it could end his career and even land him in prison.” Trazen muttered darkly.

The elderly Bothan soldier, Trios, made his way out of the central living area to come see them at the door. He was a little unsteady on his feet, he was feeling his sixty years quite a lot these days. He was shorter than Braze, with a gruffy looking beard, an old Tanker’s jumpsuit on, and warm blue eyes.

“A Jedi! What did you do Trazen? Who did you get in trouble with this time?” Trios asked his son sternly.

“Ah, no one Pop, he just helped me out with an attempted mugging. I’m fine, aside from a few back scratches…” Trazen replied sheepishly.

“An attempted mugging? Son, what have I told you about being careful…” Trios shook his head. “I know we moved down here because I am a burden, but I would rather die than have you get hurt my son. Maybe we should sell the house and mov-”

“Father, please, none of that talk! Master Jedi, do you mind taking a closer look at him? I know many of you are healers. If you could do even a little bit…” Trazen pleaded.

Braze Braze

Last edited:
"Did he want to sell his idea, do you know? I can't imagine someone smart enough to make something helpful not wanting to keep his invention for himself and his own profit. If he was pressured or blackmailed into it, it might be possible to get overturned in a court should facts and evidence be brought to light if that was part of the corruption. It's funny how they have so many investors on a drug that is still experimental- It sounds like they may have known it worked beforehand-- which might lead to insider trading. I should have paid more attention in political economics. Something about following money trails. "

Braze offered the elder man and bow of his head and a smile. "Funny you should say that." He murmured. The white-haired youth looked about the home and considered their way of life briefly for a time. He looked up at the old Bothan.

"Moving might not be a bad idea. " He said.

TotallyNotADMAccount

Trazen shook his head.

“I’m sure he wanted some money from his work and he took the best option for him and his family…it’s hard to blame him. He probably has millions of credits by now and I would not want to take that away from him. He worked hard at it. But the fact the company does not even offer discounts to low earners, or any sort of program from the Alliance.”

Trios nodded at Braze.

“I keep telling my boy and his mother…they need to get to a better neighborhood…no need to stay with me…’twas a soldier. I could figure it out. Might not be the most comfortable…” Trios replied.

“Father! We’re not going to just abandon you to the streets! Mother and I will do whatever it takes!”
Trazen looked at Braze with fire rising in his blue eyes. “I’ll get another job! Two!”

Trios sighed. “My boy, I made my choices, I played my cards…I just got a bad hand…you still have your whole life ahead of you, you shoul-”

“Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Jediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Come out! I’ve got some nice gifts for the both of you!” A familiar voice boomed over a speaker.

Trazen audibly gulped as his expression went from righteous anger to fear in a moment.

“Oh no…”

Braze Braze

"That would be the reason you might want to move. " Braze chirped raising a hand and a finger. "It may not be the best idea to stick around here- do you have another way out?" Braze asked before looking to the door. What could that man possibly want? Didn't he know they weren't going to pay him some unreasonable debt? He should just file it with collections in truth.

"Try to get your family somewhere safe- anywhere but here right now. " Braze offered. He turned on his heel and moved to take a gander outside. "Wow... he mobilized fast. I will try and buy you some time. " He knew nothing good could come from this but he couldn't help the odd sort of smirk that graced his lips. He stepped outside and eyed each of them casting a gaze across the various thugs that had been gathered here.

Braze was quiet for a few long moments with his arms tucked into the larger portions of his sleeves.

"Impressive...Did you really gather all these men to watch you come to kiss the heels of my boots to apologize? Or am I mistaken and these fellas actually follow the great Vigo, who ran away from a child?" Braze asked. This was a show of bravado. He had a look of confidence but that betrayed the concern that was bubbling up beneath the surface of that calm facade. In his head, he was running down a list of tactics. Divide and conquer was what he was attempting now as his eyes scanned looking for viable high ground or an escape route. He thought he could take this many if he could find a way to control how many could get to him some sort of bottleneck somewhere perhaps.

"I see you are hiding in the back Vigo! Are you really that threatened and scared of a mere child that you cower as a dog? Too cowardly to face me and yet you have such a following. Makes me wonder why one of these less-than-frightened men isn't the 'leader'." Perhaps infighting or drawing down any amount of respect VIgo might have might help here.

Braze had to actively take a slow deep breath and let it out to steel his nervousness- He tried to disguise this as a 'woeful' sigh as if he was 'sorry' for the absolute mistake Vigo was making here. Bravado and pretentiousness came naturally to him. Perhaps he was doing this to buy time for the family to escape as he distracted Vigo and his men, perhaps he was stroking his own ego, or perhaps he just had a death wish. either way- Braze stood his ground poised in a calm nonthreatening manner.

TotallyNotADMAccount

Trazen nodded. “There is a way out the back but…Father can’t move too quickly, and not far too far-”

“Trazen, what is going on? You crossed Vigo?” Trios asked, shocked and exasperated.

“Don’t worry about i-”

“Don’t worry about it? He’s gotten a veritable army out there! And it’s just that young Jedi! And I bet you got him into this!”

“Father please…”

“I’m gonna stay right here in case he needs us…I have my service rifle and a pistol…you know how to shoot too.”

“Father, he’s doing it for us, don’t let his sacrifice be in-”

“I never asked him to sacrifice himself for us, boy, now shut up and help me find the rifle…”

================================================================================================

“Cute, kid.” Vigo called back mockingly. “We’ll see how cute you are when you are black, blue, and bound for the next ship to Sith space. They’ll pay an awful lot for a little young one like you, even if you are…damaged…”

He had assembled his entire crew for this job, taking no chances against even this comparative bratty baby of a Jedi. He had nine of his men decked out for melee combat with stun batons and staffs resistant to lightsaber strikes, along with another twelve of his men with blasters. Accompanying him were two heavy speeders with powerful dual blaster cannons on him. And he himself had changed into his best gear, armed with a repeating blaster and vibrosword. It was long odds for a Jedi Knight to do all at once, let alone just an initiate.

“Set blasters to stun for now, boys, but feel free to beat him up. Little krask deserves a lesson.” He gloated, safe between two of his heavy speeders and protected by his men, motioning for his melee front line to move forward to teach the young Jedi the meaning of pain.

xbjaeuT.png

Braze Braze

"I'd hardly think the weak worm that hides behind his lackeys has the capability to teach me a lesson. It's clear you lack the testicular fortitude to face me one-on-one so there's no surprise there! " Braze stated as he drew his robes aside with a flourish and did a very similar trick he had done earlier with his blade sans the showy flip, but he flourished it into a two-handed protective grip adopting a poised stance representative of Form III. This was not his favorite form to practice but he had done this before. He echoed the lessons of his blade training masters. Soresu relied on the economy of motion and energy efficiency, keeping up constant blade movement to build up momentum and minimize energy expenditure. Focused on strong defensive technique to essentially outlast an opponent, waiting until they began making mistakes due to frustration or fatigue, before taking advantage of these lapses and countering. This was going to have to be some what altered here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom