Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring With Lost Documentation

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
So, I've visited before, created another character ([member="Sintel Kay"]) and tested the waters - and I really like this community so far! It looks like people here write well, take this seriously enough to make it good and relax enough to know how to have fun.

So naturally, it's the sort of waters I'd love to throw my old, favorite character into. The only problem being: My old character is from Star Wars: The Old Republic, born around 3645 BBY - and he's not exactly ageless. Moreover, his character concept only is suited for a Master-level Force-user, and the closest thing to RP records, the Enjin forums of the guilds he's joined, are defunct, leaving no trace of the stories built over two years.

I want to know which path would jive most with the Admins in terms of implementing the concept:

A) I work with a few close friends to make a detailed write-up of the roleplayed story he's participated in. The character is uncovered, frozen in carbonite and is defrosted, having highly atrophied in body but not in the Force (Think he can't even walk without assistance or special machines, much less get into a lightsaber fight).

B ) I start as an "apprentice", but in the way Kreia was at the start of KOTOR II - my connection to the Force was screwed up by millenia of being frozen and I need time and energy to reconnect with my power. Over time (as I post) the power returns and I "rank up" by gradually restoring the character to the power level he held in the past RP. (He'd still have his body screwed up since I like that aspect).

C) This is unworkable, even for Chaos. Scrap the concept of a direct transfer.

Thanks for helping!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Elian Sahva Cul"]

I've never seen anybody transfer their MMO character onto these boards before. As such, I highly recommend starting over with a new character designed specifically for our timeline.

However. That said. Should you feel strongly about reviving your video game character here on these forums? I'm sure one of the red-named Admins would be willing to talk with you about it. You may wish to @mention them here or PM them personally. :)

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Well now you've seen two who have/want to. *offers a bow*

I had a different concept based on the version of the character from SWTOR. If you've noticed my profile you can see what I mean. That being said, I was allowed to do so under the condition/understanding that her current body is unable to utilize her full power due to a failure in the ritual she partook in. I think it was either [member="Cira"] or [member="Spencer Varanin"] who I spoke to... though I could be completely wrong. ^^" In either case the main issue for my character was limiting their force potential. As such she's lost several powers and what ones she has retained are weakened, but she's fully intending to train and regrow her power.

That being said I'm no admin, and shouldn't be taken for one. However that was my experience. ^^"

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

A big part of the appeal to me is the idea of having an ancient character revive and sort of adjust to their new surroundings and seek to restore their former glory. That may not be limited to the SWTOR concept, but I feel it would certainly fit the best.

I think I will take your advice and consult an administrator.

And to you and [member="Ariealla Vareldi"], thank you to both of you for your advice.

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Valiens Nantaris said:

B would be the preferred option. Thus as you become a knight and then master you are merely regaining lost power there.
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I like that option, and think I'll go with that. Thanks for being so helpful, the Administrators have really all been willing to clarify things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom