Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Trans Chaos

Do you write, or have you ever written a transgender or gender non-conforming character on Chaos

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • No, but I plan to

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • Other (explain in replies)

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
blh7XEV.png

Hi everyone. The day today is March 31st, the International Transgender Day of Visibility, and it seemed a perfect day to ask a question I've been thinking about for awhile now. Gender nonconformity is not a major component of the Star Wars universe, especially within Canon. But on Chaos, where the environment is much more accepting of LGBTQ+ characters, I have been thrilled to see various transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming (GNC) character across the board. I myself am yet to make a trans character, I certainly plan to.

I wanted to create this thread as a place to share your trans and GNC characters, as well as to share cool examples of such characters in canon and legends. Please share your thoughts below.

Lots of love to all my queer pals here on Chaos <3

Last edited:
I have not, no.

I don't have any idea what that's like, and while it is possible to write things you can't or don't experience in real life (I wrote a species of non-humanoid fish people with a different set of sensory inputs than traditional, and obviously I am not a non-humanoid fish person with senses other than the traditional five), I am not brave enough to delve into that kind of story beat.

Could I write one in the future? Absolutely, it is very possible that I could be inspired some day to do so, but I am not actively making plans to so. If the idea strikes me and I have a compelling story for it, you can be sure I will be strongly tempted to write it.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Kirie Kirie

Great discussion and nice post! I've written a trans guy character before on Chaos, though I did have them deleted because I went on a longgg writing LOA and fell out of writing. But, I began that character as a way to navigate how I felt and as a way of processing everything that I came to realize being a trans dude is and what that meant for me personally moving forward. But, people on Chaos are typically very open and accepting of LGBTQIA+ peeps and characters. Pride Month is a ball here! :D I also have Ylla (the toon this post is under), they're nonbinary and their society is a heavyyyyy WIP with me being a CJ and still trying to have a kinda sorta active writing presence. But, so far, that's been the extent of me writing trans characters! Probably (definitely) won't be the last though!

A man can change his stars
I went ahead and voted in the poll as other, just because I never openly stated my character was Non-binary, but have learned they are over time.

I am going to preface this by saying I am a CIS Hetro Male. So I have no true understanding or empathy of what people who are in this situation deal with. I do not understand the though process of what someone might. However, I feel I have written a Non-binary person in the past. A character I no longer play. While many people have called the character "Him" including myself because of the face claim, I never really gave them a gender as I had always keep their identity a secret. An Enigma of a character.

I didn't play any thought process of their being Non-Binary, because I have never had those thoughts and honestly didn't think of them as an Extroverted Non-binary character. They never openly stated it, let alone talk in most cases, but over time and coming to learn about the character I played, as well as those who I personally know as Trans/Non-binary, I have grown an... appreciation? For knowing who I am and what I feel I am.

I just hope that others who might use Chaos as a way to explore their own Gender/Sexual preferences, and whatever else, that they are given enough room to do so without someone saying they can't play a character like that. Or be judged because a character is different.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
My current main character here, Aloy Vizsla, Is actually trans. And it was when I first began to write her back in early 2019 that I myself discovered that I am MTF trans, I now use she\her pronouns and so does Aloy.

The short of it is that I was debating whether to play another male character or a new female character and through the thought process I learned that getting into the heads of my male characters made me dysphoric and very uncomfortable.

Aloy's sheet doesn't actually explain that she's trans because, Despite what it means to me, It's not a big part of her character and no one actually knows yet IC, Not even her wife.
There is actually a factory submission for her cyber\bio implant package which details it's purpose in her medical transition. It more or less explains that she used her career as a bounty hunter(ex-bounty hunter now) to fund the surgeries and implants. She has artificial ovaries, Bone reconstruction and a number of other modifications from her original body that let her control hormones and other things via neural-linked cybernetics and bio-implant combinations. Even a duraplast plated skull to keep the control module protected from imp\ion.

Aloy is the first character I've written like this, While I had another in a fantasy rp that involved shape shifting magic, And a second on chaos, Kaila , Who i've sadly set aside, But is a bit of a mystery. She uses she\her pronouns but the gender is labeled "redacted" on her sheet for chits and giggles, Being an imperial experiment and all. There are a couple who know the truth but that's a very private matter :p

Those are the only three currently. I don't have any Non-binary or otherwise GNC characters, But that's not to say I won't in the future. I personally enjoy a bit of androgyny in my more rogue-ish personas, And I'll probably have a non-binary dark jedi or smuggler some day just because I love the style. Dark and mysterious, But also a flamboyant personality that doesn't care what anyone else thinks, It's always drawn me in lol
Hm. Might be time to write a pirate captain actually, Hold that thought xD

No, and I probably never will. Maybe it makes me boring but this isn't just writing, its roleplaying.

As a white dude, I only write aliens or white dudes. (So far.) Just seems weird to me to even try writing someone of a different ethnicity, so I am very far away from writing someone of a different gender or orientation.

Y'know, being white or being straight has never been a big deal in any human character I've written, so its not really something I think about in that creative process.

I have not on Chaos yet but I have on other star wars boards in the past. Having done this for 20+ years I often venture into experimental writing to see if I can do it or manage it well. Back when I first started I only wrote CIS Male characters. I have expanded a lot since those days first I attempted Female characters and had moderate success. I expanded to LGBTQ characters after awhile.

I fill one of the best ways to expand as a writer is to explore subjects that are sometimes out of your own comfort zone. It also helps you learn and understand subject matter you might otherwise be ignorant of as you try to develop and expand your character. I come to Roleplaying as a way to expand my writing, experience, and to play something other then myself.

I am always experimenting with new ideas and character concepts that's why I get alt shamed a lot by the people who know me cause I have had a lot of them over the years just to try this or that idea.

With time we all improve trust me looking at the stuff I wrote in the beginning, I shudder. It was really horrible an rough and even now I find a lot of what write bad even if others say it isn't.

That is neither here nor there but challenging yourself to write outside your normal box helps your writing improve and it expands what you are capable of writing about. Mind you, you are still going to find things you just can't do as well as others but in those cases you can at least say you tried. Some endevours may even end in in complete failure but again you tried that and, failure itself is a great learning tool.

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
With time we all improve trust me looking at the stuff I wrote in the beginning, I shudder. It was really horrible an rough and even now I find a lot of what write bad even if others say it isn't.

That is neither here nor there but challenging yourself to write outside your normal box helps your writing improve and it expands what you are capable of writing about. Mind you, you are still going to find things you just can't do as well as others but in those cases you can at least say you tried. Some endevours may even end in in complete failure but again you tried that and, failure itself is a great learning tool.
I still shudder at what you "write". ducks and runs

Saryn Fitz-Kierke

S
I'd say Saryn here doesn't fit the usual gender norms, though I wouldn't say he's transgender. Very much greatly in touch with his feminine side, though! I'd consider him more gender fluid than anything, though he still refers to himself as male!

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
Other than the four characters I have that were/are married to a member of the opposite sex, I don't really know or care what they are. This is not meant as disrespect to anyone, just that it never really came up. I guess I just have the outlook that the only real "identity" of a person is their name and familial history. It doesn't matter to me if you are straight, gay, bi, queer, trans... whatever (unless it's kids, then that is the line)... I like/am friends with people for who they are AS people(*There's a story there), and I guess my characters are pretty much the same way.

Sorry if this offends anyone as I do not profess to understand the trials and tribulations, but... shrugs

My best friend came out to me after he and his wife split up. My exact words were "Cool... let's go get some wings...". He got mad because I appeared lackadaisical and aloof, but my response (after threatening to punch him out for going off on me) was asking him what part of what he just told me made him no longer my best friend? I reminded him how we had been best friends all of our lives. He didn't have a response.

We're still best friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom