Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total War: WARHAMMER

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

I currently own every TW title except the original shogun and original medieval. Oh, and Attila -- although I've heard it was pretty darn amazing. I know some people are mixed on Rome 2, but Empire and Shogun really expanded upon the genre as a whole.

I don't expect Warhammer to be revolutionary but by delving into the fantasy genre they're opening themselves up to potentially revolutionary mechanical changes; assuming it's not just a re-skinned Rome 2. Creative Assembly puts in a huge amount of effort and acknowledged that most faults were due to improper testing as a result of eagerness to honour release dates. I'm optimistic but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
Oh, and Attila -- although I've heard it was pretty darn amazing
Its basically Rome 2 Emperor with improved Warscape engine mechanics. Its more atmospheric and has a better time frame feel, but you know... WarScape...

I've got Rome and Barbarian Invasion, Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai, Fall of the Samurai, Rome 2: Emperor Edition, and Attila. *Cough* And empire but I refuse to play it.

Darth Hauntruss said:
Frankly the last good TW game was Shogun 2. That game was flawless.
Yes. It was, it had an exceptional amount of polish, and the fact that cavalry were limited made it much better. (Cavalry mechanics is Warscape's greatest weakness).

[member="Darth Kentarch"] is the shiny ray of happiness again I see! :p

I love this in theory. Love it.

However…after MTW2 CA has been dead to me. I hated ETW, refused to buy the glorified Napoleon expansion, wasn’t interested in Shogun 2, and despised their money grubbing antics with Rome 2.

So we’ll see. I expect release date DLC, broken mechanics and so many patches.

But I want to love this. I want so badly for it to be good. The LOTR mod for MTW2 was brilliant, and having a proper game covering a fantasy setting like this would be epic.

So yes, Holy Roman Empire with Magic for the win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom