Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total War: WARHAMMER

I'm not even sure if I should be giddy about the fact Warhammer Fantasy is finally get some loving, or pissed that the bloody Tau are ignored AGAIN since Soul Storm.

Did Games Workshop quietly erased everything about the Greater Good and I missed the damn notice or something?

[member="Uriel"]

Well, true, but still! You got a Third Person Shooter with Space Marines, an RTS focused on Space Marines with DoW2, plus a dungeon crawler type thingy with Space Hulk! I haven't seen a firesquad since Soul Storm!

Well since they're doing this sort of thing now, next on the agenda should be Total War: Middle-earth (they should have done that before warhammer really), and then Total War: Star Wars. :D (though that would be hard with the spacey stuff)

Uriel

I Shall Know No Fear
Yvette Dusong said:
[member="Uriel"]

Well, true, but still! You got a Third Person Shooter with Space Marines, an RTS focused on Space Marines with DoW2, plus a dungeon crawler type thingy with Space Hulk! I haven't seen a firesquad since Soul Storm!
Tau got of the earliest love from GW; truth told Fire Warrior was one of the best GW-franchise games ever created. Space Hulk is an old franchise revived and one of their older cash cows so they brought that back in.

Tau love is a little older because it's not their turn in the Cycle of Games Workshop Releases. Their focus is on older 40k codexes, the new Skitarii, and a total overhaul of WFB with The End Times rolling out. Oh, and 30k too.

DAT ZNEECH AT THE END
1429724522701.png

CA can kark itself. After giving us two lackluster games, not improving their trashy warscape engine, and now grabbing a non-historical franchise for one of their games. Yeah I'm a little pissed off... Just a little. I'm putting this Warhammer TW on flop watch.

BRETONNIA!!!

Also, since it's Creative Assembly, expect a number of faction DLC packs following the game's release date.

As a non-Total War fan for many years, I actually really like Rome 2 and recently Attila (because Vikings). Probably because I wasn't there for the greater titles in the franchise like Rome and Medieval. I understand that many loyal fans of the franchise would think dislike the dumbing down of recent titles, but I like them for what they are. Plus the modding community was excellent for Rome 2, and once Steam Workshop opens up for Attila it'll be sweet.

Thurion Heavenshield said:
I understand that many loyal fans of the franchise would think dislike the dumbing down of recent titles
No no no. They were not dumbed down, they karked up the collision mechanics and and overused kill-moves which in turn made the combat karking terrible. While updates have somewhat lessened the bugs, glitches, and bad mechanics the WarScape Engine continues to be the shot to the knee in this game franchise. Likewise its been recently revealed that producers from the more successful installments have moved onto 4x games where they will be making a game called Oriental Empires, which looks largely like a TW game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom