Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 11 Good Things About the Prequels

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Well the Prequels are different from the Original trilogy in that they are more action-oriented, there's more scenes of land-battles, the duels are more grandeur, whether this was a good choice or not that really depends from person to person, I would think.
I didn't really minded the Prequels that much, and enjoyed most scenes rather than not, but I am a rather optimistic and easily pleased person when it comes to movies :p It may be also because I associate Star Wars movies with Christmas and all that good stuff :3 When I was growing up, in Poland, the original trilogy would always be played on Polish Satellite TV during Christmas Time for some reason, at least for a while, that was changed later on, or it was aired more than once during the year, but my first experience with Star Wars was during Christmas :p And not the Christmas special, thank you very much.

My favorite parts of the prequel are probably General Grevious and the dynamic between Obi-Wan and Anakin.
Grevious had an awesome design, in my opinion, the creepy bone-like white plates of his body, skeletal appearance, large bestial claws, his voice, even four-arms and the fact he could go toe-to-toe with a Jedi just by using advantage of his mechanical body rather than the force. Of course, where they took it was a bit disappointing, with him being killed in a more or less wimpy way, I would have loved if they would expanded on him more in the movies, like included few scenes from the Battle of Coruscant where he kidnaps the Chancellor and his ribcage is crashed by Mace Windu, causing his asthma, or have few actual Kaleesh show up as his guards among the droids, I would love that.

And as to the Obi-Wan-Anakin dynamic, I won't go over all of that, but my favorite scene with them outside of the dramatic ones on Mustafar during their duel, is at the beginning of Episode 3 when they are inside the Confederate spaceship and R2D2 is trying to hack a turbolift terminal or something along the lines.
I don't remember the specific lines, but Obi Wan says something like "Always trouble with this droid," Anakin goes, "Be nice to him," to which Obi Wan responds with,
i-didn-t-say-anything-o.gif

And I just loved that :p

Anyway, I did mention the scene on Mustafar briefly, and there was one line that did made me cringe, as it probably did to many of you out there,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzTXYTVWg44

HK-36 said:
Well the Prequels are different from the Original trilogy in that they are more action-oriented, there's more scenes of land-battles, the duels are more grandeur, whether this was a good choice or not that really depends from person to person, I would think.
I would counter by saying the major difference between the prequels and the originals is that they simply failed to resonate with most audiences for a variety of reasons. But what you say is true... though unfortunately, these facts actually detract from the movies more than they add to them. When nobody cares about the characters, the long drawn-out battle scenes become tedious and boring.

HK-36 said:
I am a rather optimistic and easily pleased person when it comes to movies
As are most people who enjoy the prequels, so that makes sense.

Maria Zambrano said:
The Prequels were good. Better than Originals. But I shall leave before any more arguing will take place. >.>
Obvious troll is obvious.

Maria Zambrano said:
I would rather die than troll anybody. >.>
Jump into a thread and make an incredibly bold statement without providing any reasons or evidence to support it, then leave to avoid having to defend your opinion. I dunno, that seems like the textbook definition of a troll to me. Haha.

Maria Zambrano said:
Prequels were better because of one reason: there was actualy story in it, not just some pland stupidness.
If you're like, 12 years old or something, maybe I can understand. But if not... please elaborate.

Man, I'm looking forward to this.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

Do you enjoy attempting to ruin other people's fun? Because it seems that way.

Definition of a troll.

And I will not be responding to any more of your comments, so knock yourself out.

[member=Ludolf Vaas]

Dude, your being a bit of an jerk. You've insulted people instead of actually debating like a mature person, and I quote "If you're, like, a 12 year old or something." You also called Maria Zambrano a troll, which is another insult.

HK-36

Let's please avoid vulgarity when referring to each other, guys, it rarely leads anywhere good :p No need to get nerves on the line for simple discussion.

Also, just clarification, Factory Judges are not actually part of the Staff.

HK-36

[member="Lord Eclipsion"]
Good on you, thanks,

And the misconception about the Factory Judges being Staff is a common one, in fact I was guilty of it when I was given the position at first :p The difference is, Staff's privilages and duties are board-wide when those of a Factory Judge apply only to the section of Factory they are assigned to.
So outside of Species Section of Factory I'm just a normal writer :p

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
[member="Lord Eclipsion"]

Perhaps you didn't understand the rather bold and red text I put up earlier, so I'm going to repeat myself. The next passive-aggressive snipe I see in this thread is going to get it locked and get the perpetrator a warning point. Play nice, or I will take your toys away and put you in time out.

Furthermore, which movies are better or worse is entirely subjective. It’s perfectly legit to say ‘The Prequels are better than the Originals’ because that is an opinion. There is no objective, single answer which is correct.

So as Anna said, chill out, don’t throw insults around, or there will be trouble.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended in this thread. You are all very special individuals. I promise to be more conscious of your feelings from now on. I will try to say things in a nicer way that makes you feel good every time I disagree with you, and also give out more compliments and emoticons. :)

I feel good. :)

Tamara said:
It’s perfectly legit to say ‘The Prequels are better than the Originals’ because that is an opinion. There is no objective, single answer which is correct.
Not all opinions are created equal. If you give an opinion without giving any reasons to support it, then your opinion is not credible and falls short of any discussion or debate.

By the way, your hair is looking fabulous today! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom