Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Together We Rise (FWC)

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
The young gentleman was quite forthcoming and open enough to hear what Marina had to say, but he were not one to grant permission to speak to her queen.

"Thank you, your Majesty." Marina approached the fortified compound projection table a little closer, when her queen gave her the floor.
Although this wasn't Queen Organa's palace on Alderaan, the queen's presence here, anywhere, demanded Marina to follow protocol. Again, she looked over to the young gentleman, Mr Lussk before resettling her eyes on the projection. It weren't so much the compound that she had concerns over, but if she weren't going to be immediately dismissed for speaking her thoughts on the proposed security proposal; she was going to get to the compound construction also.

Well, she had to be quick and had to devise a strategy at a moment's notice, so with a deep breath Marina spoke.
"I can't dethaw the notion that Onderon despite having had a sith occupation, has by it's people and supporters overthrown their oppressors, and have themselves elected a new Queen..Queen Cecily Demici."
Ok, so this was known but Marina thought it worth repeating it since they were on Onderon after all and it were in proper order to give respect to the system that had shed the darkness pitch which had overshadowed this world.

"I cannot speak for all, or perhaps for no one but myself, your Majesty; but my conscious beckons me nevertheless" She then said, for it were indeed her ancestral divine which fueled Marina's own spirit. And as long as her queen allowed her the floor, she would speak for those whom Marina believed had not died in vain fighting for peace on all fronts.

Her eyes left the projection and came upon the young gentleman's orbs. "I do not know you, Mr Lussk, nor do I pretend to..." And she didn't really. For all she knew he could either be a sales representative or the CEO of what corporation marketed such droids. But at what level he were in relation to whom he represented , she spoke to him with as much respect as afforded to one that was in the presence of her queen.

Aside from the fact that this was the first time she ever spoke to anyone directly in the presence of her queen, it were in fact the very first opinion she were presenting since she had come under the service of Queen Organa. This, in many ways one could construe was certainly a trial for Marina, as she had only the privi of speaking her mind in the presence of her father Duke Kyle DeVoe..and that had never been while her father was in company. How her queen was to take Marina's curt honesty or for how long in her presence, remained to be seen.

"I am going by the notion that your person represents a manufacturer by which you are currently marketing droids..security droids, as it pertains to securing a soon to be commissioned embassy grounds for the Free World Coalition.
If I am in error, please do not hesitate to correct me, Mr Lussk."

Marina wasn't one to command an audience,nor had ever wanted such prestige, despite her education as per following family tradition, primed her to represent House DeVoe as Dutches...one day. And that day, Marina hadn't looked forward to, as her spirit was to explore and not hold and keep court. Her family had her older sister for that and one heir was plenty as Marina seen it. "Their quality and service duty expectations, I do not debate.
But I must ask if these are not so dissimilar to military battle droids. Their manufacturing is no doubt of the highest standards that your factory can guarantee...and no doubt that like models have themselves been proved many times over in actual field of battles...as some may refer to that term.
I have to ask; have such models or similar models that have been produced out of your factory seen actual service in battlefields?"
She was doing the best she could in keeping with protocol and getting to some answers without seemingly being disrespectful. But there were questions she needed to ask and answers she needed her queen to hear.

Faith listened as [member="Marina DeVoe"] she was a believer of letting those around her to speak their minds. She tried to follow Marina's train of thought. She nodded when she understand and looked confused when she wasn't sure.

She was complimentary about [member="Arken Lussk"] droids which was great. She had concerns about was she concerned about the abilities? She asked about if they had seen battle service. If Faith followed correctly. Or was it a leading question? She just wasn't sure but she would keep silent. It was excellent training that Marina was comfortable enough to speak and that she was looking out for the safety of Alderaan and the Coalition.

The Embassy was not the first they had. Faith had considered perhaps they should downgrade to a consulate. But even that would not change the fact that it needed security and that she needed to feel anyone from the Coalition or their representative would be safe should an attack come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom