Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Together We Rise (FWC)

Onderon had been secured.

Secured only in that it had become a member of the Free Worlds Coalition Onderon however like other worlds had at one time a Sith occupation. Now it had a band of rebels fighting against the rule of a new Queen [member="Cecily Demici"] . She had come in and successfully shoved the family claiming the throne off of it. Rumors of cartels moving in to try and take advantage of a time of transition ran rampant. Hutts. Sith. Crime Lords. Rebel Cells. They were all on Onderon right now.

Now though the planet needed something else. It needed security and that would come in many forms but it would not come without a fight, or placement measures to protect the peace and prosperity that Onderon deserved and needed.

Claire had come and seen to the installation of the new Queen and now Faith was making a visit bringing with her anyone that desired to once again return to Onderon and aide the fledgling monarchy.

A new company had come to the Coalition seeking contracts. The conditions on Onderon she felt would best fit Aegis Systems and [member="Arken Lussk"] . Messages had been exchanged and coordinates set for him to come to Onderon.

Faith's own ship had just landed she was preparing to meet Cecily. It had been a long time since she had seen her Faith wondered where had she gone, what had happened? Perhaps there would be time for them to speak of the past. Faith frowned a moment the past included all that had gone wrong with the Republic.

A reminder of how badly things could go wrong in a short period of time.

Feth.

Strength and courage moved them all forward Cecily though the last time Faith had seen her was...in a monastery if she remembered right. Faith just couldn't remember. It would be alright though this was a new day and Onderon was ready to emerge as a power within the Coalition.

[member="Alasdair Sitra"]
[member="Alessandro Waak'Tu"]
[member="Alexander Sannes"]
[member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"]
[member="Bazette Royalblaze"]
[member="Brad Solo"]
[member="Cal Sedaire"]
[member="Camellia Swift"]
[member="Delila Castillon"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Dresden Verbrennung"]
[member="Elpsis Elaris"]
[member="Fiore de Noir"]
[member="Gilamar Skirata"]
[member="Hadleigh Purkis"]
[member="HK-36"]
[member="Jada Raxis"]
[member="John Ash"]
[member="Joza Perl"]
[member="Kaida Taldir"]
[member="Kosu Goram"]
[member="Liliane"]
[member="Lucien Dolos"]
[member="Maria Natalja"]
[member="Matthew Calderon"]
[member="Myles Davorak"]
[member="Nima Tann"]
[member="Rashae"]
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
[member="Sirius Nova"]
@taryc ap'lrae
@tek sidereal
[member="Thalia Rist"]
@tomas yarrow
[member="Vaena Askari"]
[member="Vanja Del'Vaan"]
[member="Von Kyux"]
[member="Allana Badeaux"]
[member="Relina Zhan"]
[member="Songbird"]
[member="Acaleus Thorn"]
[member="Cecile Miraxus"]
[member="Cato Fett"]
[member="Tahiri Veya"]
@Chekita Kaie
[member="Gabriel Sionoma"]
[member="AceReplica"]
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

[member="AceReplica"]
[member="Gabriel Sionoma"]
[member="RadioWhisper"]
[member="Cecily Demici"]
[member="Noah Corek"]
[member="Duke Heston"]
[member="Ty Ax'lah"]
[member="Minna"]
[member="Damian Starchaser"]
[member="Thom Betna"]
[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
Prosperity, peace, and progress. These were the noble goals of Aegis Systems. Discrimination of customers or causes didn't matter to them in the slightest, and they sold to whoever they pleased. However, the Free Worlds Coalition one that had piqued his interest by far as their situation seemed to be quite dire. Discourse from raging conflict, both internal and external had been plaguing them for far too long - and Arken had the absolute perfect solution for all of their problems.

The Miss Erray screamed through the skies above, its chrome plating reflecting the shimmering sunlight of a bright, new day.

"Report: We are nearing coordinates JQ-372.1, UY-498, master. I suggest preparing your things."

Arken nodded, shifting in his seat. "I think I've got everything ready, Vic. You know me, I'm a minimalist - don't need much to operate with."

"Query: Putty in your hands, right?"

"You're frakkin' right," he grinned."

[member="Faith Organa"]

Faith as a head of the Coalition could make some decisions but not all. There were interests on Onderon that needed protection and she knew she wouldn't be able to live with herself if something happened on Onderon that she could have done something to prevent.

The spaceport on Onderon in the City of Iziz was a busy bustling zone of shoppers, visitors, and business owners. Faith enjoyed the feel of the city she had built an Embassy here and wanted to ensure that the Embassy was safe and thereby giving her reason to expand the scope if an opportunity presented itself.

Bekka stood quietly beside her fidgeting with her fingers and watching for [member="Arken Lussk"] , "Mam his name is Arken Lussk he is from" she had to think it was a world that she had a hard time remembering, why was that..."Dromund Kass, I think I don't remember." She did remember but she also knew that Faith became rigid around at times when things weren't perfect.

"He's young and blonde Mam." She had to admit that once she found him in her research that he was a handsome man, and single. He had the look that daydreams could be made of.

Faith noticed that Bekka was a bit far away, "Bekka?"

"Mam" startled that she had been caught, "Sorry. I'll look for him to arrive." She took a few steps forward anything to hide her crimson cheeks.

Arken Lussk

Onderon was a lush, beautiful world. One filled with a myriad of beasts ready to tear you limb from limb, indigenous peoples who were hardened against them over centuries, and had only recently been marred by the jagged scars of war. It was a terrible fate for such a gloriously primal and untamed world, which was primarily why Arken had opted to meet with the Coalition in the first place. Industry was coming, coming to meet those untouched wilds with cold precision.

The City of Iziz was a stark contrast to the nature of the world. Iconic, towering builds and modern plazas as far as the eye can see. In his opinion, far more appealing than the beast-ridden wilds.

The Miss Erray slowly descended from the skies above, touching down in a small starport. Victor was quick on the trigger, already depositing a credit chip in the port handler's open palm before starting the routine maintenance. It only took a few moments for all of that to get sorted, grab their things and be on their way.

And with that, they made for the embassy.

[member="Faith Organa"] - Many apologies for the late reply!

[member="Arken Lussk"] (No problem it's all good)

With her new aide finally focused on the tasks at hand Faith found she herself was watching the doors to the Embassy. This was maddening didn't her mother teach her that a watched pot never boils. She needed tea.

If she rushed off she could get the water hot before the paige announced the arrival of Mr. Lussk. If she was really quick she might even get in a sip or two before hand. It took only another moment for her to make up her mind that she had the time. She wandered back towards the kitchen, "Bekka call me when Mr. Lussk arrives"

Faith was relieved to move and feel useful. Yes she could have asked someone to make the tea but she took great pleasure in doing things for herself. Others should do this as well it was more rewarding in her opinion.

Bekka mean while opened the doors as Mr. Lussk and his party came through the gates, "Good Morning Sir, Welcome to Onderon and the Alderaan Embassy. Please come in can I offer you drinks?" Bekka was clearly nervous her words hesitant as she thought about what to say how to say it and to control her nerves.

Faith had her cup taking a sip it was liquid relaxation. How nice. Did she hear Bekka talking? OH MY yes.

She hurried slowly not trying to appear rushed to the foyer, "Good Morning you must be Arken Lussk, I'm Faith. I'm so glad we are able to meet. Let's sit..and yes a drink?" She smiled while Bekka visibly breathed easier.

Arken Lussk

Doing something yourself wasn't a foreign concept to Arken either. It was freeing, liberating even, to show the world what you could do with your own two hands rather than having things spoon-fed to you. Such was the way of a technician or expert slicer, having to show his lower management personnel and other technicians how things were really done, defining their standards and all. That was probably his favorite part of the whole gig, aside from pulling in some insane revenue.

Both Arken and Victor were met at the embassy gates with open arms. The guards appeared to recognize them, smiling and waving them on through the security scanners and checks. Simple measures, but wholly effective when set in a layered security environment. His eyes were already sweeping over them, his senses tingling as he outstretched an invisible hand to inspect their design and mechanisms. Not good enough for his standards, though. Not at all.

Once the duo had entered, a pretty young girl greeted them cheerily. Arken returned her grin, bowing curtly before the both of them. Victor mimicked his motions as best as he could.

"It's a pleasure to meet both of you," he said, "And I'd love something to drink, thank you."

[member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Arken Lussk"]

"The pleasure is mine Mr. Lussk, Bekka if you please." Bekka nodded and moved about spritely as she filled a glass with ice and tea then she stopped. Oh..she had not asked and here she was merely a few steps away from Mr. Lussk with a glass.

Faith caught the thranta in the headlights look, "I hope you like tea Mr. Lussk." Faith tried not to smile. Bekka was still young not as adept as Ana had been at her job but she would learn. "We Alderaani love tea." Not a lie the truth was that at times Faith preferred something else...wine, water, stimcaf anything but tea.

"I am so very grateful that you have been able to come. We are in the process of finishing the punch list for the Embassy and security is now a priority. My security team are very adept at their jobs, but I want them to be able to have the best tools available for this work."

Faith started to walk, "I have a holotable in here I can show you the layout while we enjoy our drinks." Faith turned and let out a small breath. Ok she was back on balance and not rushed now if she could just get Bekka on track it would all be great.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Alderran: Royal Palace.

"Yes, her majesty had sent for me." Marina explained to the captain of the guard after she had waited a few minutes, following her entrance to the palace. She had first spoken to one of the security guards upon given clearance to the palace. He in turn seemed surprised to see her here at the moment, but nevertheless asked Marina to allow him a moment to relay her request to his superior.

Odd...thought Marina. The Queen had sent her a message...or rather sent a message to her via House DeVoe. Only that Marina had been abroad..off-world and had not received but 3 days ago. So, 4 jumps and a week after the Queen's original request to have her come to the palace, here she was now, as late as anyone could ever dare to be late when the Queen had come to ask for them.

"Lady DeVoe...the Queen had requested your presence ...a week ago" He informed her with a rather puzzling look as to why or how could she have stood up her Queen. And to boot, show up requesting to see the Queen a week later?
marina's jaw elongated somewhat, but she were lady enough not to have her mouth gape open.
"I...I'm besides myself..." What else could she be? But she didn't blurb out her sorry excuse that she had been off world..adventuring again. The captain didn't need to know that.

The Captain could see her dismay and cleared his throat. He had on his person the Queen's instruction as to relay to the girl if and when at her convenience she decide to accept her request to come to the palace.
"Pardon the confusion.." He was gentlemanly apologizing for Marina's tardiness himself. "Perhaps you were indisposed, my lady."

"The Queen has given me coordinates of her person who at the moment is off-worlf." he presented her with said coordinates, not divulging the exact location as it were on the disk.
Marina's eyes darted from his features to his outstretched hand with the small disk. He gently placed it in her open hand.
"I trust you won't disappoint our Queen, Lady DeVoe?"

Marina couldn't run across the royal yard to her family speeder to then get back to her estate, fast enough. There, she would jump on her ship and hightail it to-...to?...to where?..??
She hadn't even looked at the coordinates, after she received them she had parted with the captain so quickly.
Now in her family speeder she put the disk into the console..... JQ-372.1, UY-498 came up.

"Oh my God...I'm going to be so late...Oh my G-" The speeder took off so fast that it left a small twister of dust flying about.

Arken Lussk

Ever graceful were the Alderaanians. Two beautiful women had come to meet him today, offering him some of their oh-so sweet tea. It was a refreshing change of pace, far from those overly stuffy and anxiety-inducing corporate meetings. A black suit and tie definitely didn't make the man pleased with himself in the slightest, so this business casual encounter over some nice tea was happily appreciated - and he made sure to express his thanks verily.

"Thank you so much, Miss Bekka, I love tea," the man said, gingerly taking the cold glass from her hands, sitting down. Victor moved somewhere behind him, presumably flanking the man as he took a sip of his drink.

Arken smiled. "And I'm very glad I was able to come, this is an exciting opportunity for the both of us. I'm sure my security professionals can provide the best services on the market. Functional mission analysis, operational security, and both passive and active defense are things we pride ourselves in. That, and I guarantee we have the absolute best in terms of customized technology and security devices."

He cleared his throat, turning towards the holotable. "I'd love to see what you fine ladies have on your hands."

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

68wkRKM.jpg

Hours into the jump, she was still sitting in her pilot's chair, drumming her fingers on the armrest.

Marina had gunned her family speeder from the palace grounds back on Alderaan and hightailed it to her family estate up the Aeiden Mountain range. It had been a record breaker making it to House DeVoe in an hour and a half. The speeder was smoking when she set it down on the pad, despite Northern Alderaan at this time of year was relatively cold.

Marina had raised her ship's droid and had it ready the mariner for a jump, relaying the coordinates to her droid RU-TK1213.
With a quick explanation to her waiting grandfather, she begged for him not to tell her parents that she had somehow stood up the Queen. Her grandfather chuckled and replied that he was her father's father and that he didn't have to tell him anything. Then with a departing kiss, he saw Marina off.

Now hours later and still more time to go before her ship reached Onderon, time itself seemed to be scolding her and have her wait like she had inadvertently made her Queen wait.

"Oh come on!...." she fruitlessly coaxed the Time Lords to cut her a break.
But they didn't. In fact they seemed to do the opposite of speeding up time for her. They made her feel that they slowed it for her while her awaiting destination kept on getting ahead of Marina.
So she sat there in her captain's chair looking out the mesmerizing star field tunnel, drumming her fingers to the beat of time.

Ahh thank goodness if Mr. [member="Arken Lussk"] caught on he played it off elegantly. Bekka visibly relaxed and sighed at the same time. Faith herself did her best not to look at clocks while she spoke, Lady DeVoe was missing in action. Perhaps she was still buzzing the Palace? No she wouldn't do that..no Faith was certain she was just late.

"Please Mr. Lussk " Faith waived her hand over the controls and a blue light filtered up revealing the current state of the embassy.

6d06f72c-30439.jpg
"This facility is different than the one we built on Coruscant. The lines are different and the layout." She glanced over towards Mr. Lussk, "It looks like a fortress with all the walls but after much discussion and the current state with the Red Star Gang it was prudent to design for protection." She laughed and tried to not sound quite so serious. It was difficult to do this was serious.

She needed to protect the Alderaani who traveled to Onderon, and she needed a safe place for the Coalition to be able to stay when on Onderon.

"As you can see we really do need a state of the art system." She took a sip of her tea letting it refresh her. She had built a life on talking and it always left her feeling dry the tea helped as always.

She said nothing else letting her guest take in the design letting him consider possibilities. She would walk every inch of the with him if he desired. She was proud of what Alderaan Engineers had been able to create.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

SN-1411 had wanted to join up with the Free World Coalition for, honestly not the most selfless of reasons. It was a faction just birthed in the galaxy so it presented great opportunity. If things turned out alright for these worlds, then he believed the benefits would be great. He figured he had resources that they could want with a small personal army of supper battle droids, but also having a skilled bounty hunter could help. Not only that, but the glory, that's what was on his mind. It could be just like the good old days. Plus, that means he could get medals and ribbons that he actually received, and not just found and pinned on his coat.

However, he took the slow way to get processed in, to most the droid was a nobody. So reasonably he had to go through a bit of a bureaucratic mess to get though and serve her majesty. Simply standing in a small line among others from around, locals and outsiders that were probably hoping for the same things to gain from joining then he was.

Marina DeVoe

"Oh thank the gods..." She sighed a relief as the tunnel before her collapsed and the stars braked to a near stand still. The Mariner IV had dropped out of hyperspace and into the Onderon system.
The planet had come up looking no larger than a marble at first spotting. Marina had never before been to this system and even in her haste to get there as fast as she could, she safely emerged just outside it's planetary envelope.

She quickly established a link with the frequency she knew to be of the Coalition's delegate as she piloted the Mariner at sub-light toward what would be an optimal entry descend toward the signal's homing beacon. Her arrival was too mundane to speak to her Queen herself. The communication exchange she got from her hailing them gave no clue as to the Queens disposition concerning her late arrival. But such matters were not privi to open channels however secure and encrypted they might be. Such inner court irregularities as Marina's lateness were kept discrete and would be settled at a later more convenient time...on the queens discretion.
Marina knew this, but still her level of anxiety was high as she touched down on the requested pad, reserved for the Coalition delegates.

"The ship's your's TK..." Marina said, spinning her captain's chair around, getting to her feet. The astro-droid had as always, detached from its charging base and headed to the cockpit upon every landing.
It's usual beeps and chirps that it made upon greeting Marina were muffled, as if it sensed her anxiety and situation. It simply looked up at her and slightly moved out of Marina's way as she left the cockpit and ship.

"No....don't touch the ship....she's good...." She waved off the dock worker's offer to look over the ship and top off her fuel.
It weren't that Marina was one to be rude. She never was, except for maybe this time, for she was always one to greet anyone in a friendly manner. But she was under fire at the moment. She was late as anyone could be late when called on for service by their Queen. Marina had reasons...but she knew there was no reason she could give to explain. She couldn't explain where she was for she had sworn to secrecy. This very fact was adding to her troubled mind for she was loyal to her Queen and Alderaan. But a DeVoe's word had been given and as long as it did not compromise the Coalition, her Queen and Alderaan, then it had to be kept.

Her pass allowed her to enter the premises and get through security. She had clearance and no one at security was the wiser that she was days late.
But coming up to the secured meeting room, the officials there certainly knew.

'Not quite on time, but nevertheless a pleasure to see you, Lady DeVoe'. She were greeted by the officer as he nodded to the guards to let her in the meeting.

"Captain..." She nodded her greeting and acknowledgement, as she passed him and entered the meeting room. She didn't seem to react to his obvious comment. She didn't have to, as the little things right now were not to sweat over.

Her eyes went to the Queen and the gentlemen standing there around her, that at this time Marina didn't recognize. Seemed that they were all viewing what looked like a holographic architectural rendering of a compound of sort. She couldn't make out for sure what it represented, for she walked as quietly as she could... casually over to the Queen's right hand woman. Who, at the moment had spotted Marina walking in, had tracked her almost unblinking.
Marina's features were as calm and collective as she could possibly project. But she were not by any means placid to the fact that she failed her Queen by arriving days late.
Still, that matter would be settled later.
Right now, she was one of the Queen's aid..or intern if she wasn't going to be dismissed...and she had to put that duty first above her own failings.

Arken Lussk

"This is a rather large embassy area," Arken chortled, leaning forward to let his eyes sweep over the image. "High walls, defensible fighting positions..."

These series of buildings had the look of a fortress rather than a diplomatic building. It was a strange sight to see as embassies typically fit the bill of an average building but possessed ample internal defenses and small team of soldiers and law enforcement to patrol the surrounding areas. But given the current state of the galaxy, Arken didn't blame them for taking a few extra steps in ensuring that their folks remained safe. He probably would've done the same.

"How are you doing on manpower at the current moment? A compound this large seems like manning would be an issue," he sipped his tea, "And I've got the best police droids and battle droids on the market. They've got a capacity for learning, can man whatever fortified positions you may have, and are tireless in their effort to maintain security here. Aside from that, I can have automated defense systems installed in key entry points and other rear-holding areas."

Arken cleared his throat and adjusted his seat. "I also recommend roving patrols of intelligence and surveillance drones along the outer perimeter of the facility. Whatever electronic warfare defenses you need, I can bolster those with network security droids and our own suite of security software."

The list could keep going on and on. He just needed to go-ahead on this contract. They'd be up to par within days.

[member="Marina DeVoe"], [member="SN-1411"], [member="Faith Organa"]

After waiting in line to be processed for the forces of the FWC, SN-1411 had finally made it. The droid believed that this was the end of the road in regards to getting to work for them. As he got to a desk managed by one of the various bureaucrats. "Good day, sir" the droid said. The man looked up from his paper work then gave a skeptical look. "I have my papers here, such as getting my ship licensed here for service, and what I have to offer for her majesty. But I'm sure you understand that otherwise I wouldn't be here." The man nodded after SN spoke and set more papers in front of him.

"I'm sorry..." The man looked down at one of the paper. "I'm not really sure if her majesty uses droids for such services, especially one like yourself."

"What, no, that can't be. I came all the way here for this opportunity, surely everyone else I've been thinks I must be able to. Otherwise I would've been denied ages ago." SN protested.

"Hmm, yes you do have a point. Here, I'll look into it with my superiors and our system rules and regulations. Please take a seat and I'll be right back with you." The man replied. With a clearly defeated look the droid stepped back and took a seat. There was no questioning that SN was annoyed to come all this way just for there to be another hurdle. This time only to find out if he could even join the FWC's forces.

Marina DeVoe

Arden eyes shot back over to the holo projection again, as she got her answer. It were a rendition of a future embassy. One that were to be built here on Onderon.
Marina surmised that the same gentleman speaking at the moment was here as a contractor; to not only build it, but also possibly provide security for it. But with droids?
Marina understood that droids were considered most efficient and in the long run economical. But they performed their tasks without question...without sentient for they were not living beings.
This somewhat started to make her unease, more pertinent in finding out more. But she was only the Queens intern, or at least that was what she and the Queen had spoke of weeks earlier. Marina had agreed and graciously thanked her majesty for such an opportunity to serve her.
But here she was now on her first outing and had already failed her by showing up days late on her first call...on her first day no less.
She were in no position to interject and ask any questions. For all intent and purpose, she may have been already discharged of her duties for all she knew.

Marina was here because of duty and loyalty. The fact that she had showed up days late could only prove to her Queen that she was not to be counted on. These thoughts were now clouding her mind and she fought them back. This was no time to let a tear leave her eye to again show she were not up to what she had promised her Queen. But she knew she was. Her tardiness had not been on purpose or disregard of her duties. She had been out again in the Uncharted Regions and there were circumstances that had prevented her from opening up communications. Not until she had been clear of that sector's space and could chance a transmission during a return jump. Marina could not explain this to her Queen or give any detail of her encounter with a faction she had stumbled upon. Her word were given.

Being mindful of the moment, she didn't feel right at all about some details that were being discussed in this meeting. But Marina also knew she had just come in on these talks that could have been going on for days now. Her best option at the moment was to keep vigil on these talks and perhaps later, before the Queen rightfully sent her back home packing, she could voice her feelings on the proposals.
Right now, she were or had been one of the Queen's intern that had disrespectfully showed up when she felt like it...or so it had to be assumed it was what she had done.

[member="Arken Lussk"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] |

Faith noticed Marine walk softly into the meeting, "Mr. Lussk please meet Marine DeVoe she's part of our diplmatic intern program. She's learning how to set up embassies, the security required and representing our peaceful culture to the galaxy." Faith motioned for Marina to come closer.

She wanted her to hear the conversation.

Faith then turned her attention to the words and recommendations of Arken Lussk. "Yes this is the first of its kind for Alderaan. We are use to elegant lines and sweeping vistas to represent the results of peace." She felt a chill when he mentioned battle droids.

"I am very much interested in the automated defense system. The droids would decrease the need for security in manpower, do they have a wrapper on their systems to keep them from being hacked?" Where had she learned that? Well you don't hang around Republic Intelligence without picking up a few words here and there.

She looked at Marina wanting to be sure she understood.

We must still be Alderaan to the galaxy, ourselves, not what the galaxy has become. Faith had read those words from the journal kept in the library of the palace.

After a while of waiting, SN's call number he got when told to come back to the counter was announced. Getting up from his seat, the droid made his way over, hoping to hear some good news about his situation. "So, what's the FWC's stance on droid service?" SN asked as he got to the counter.

"Well...SN-1411, it seems that since historically we've been aided by the work of droids you can now be in effect." If SN could, he'd let out a sigh of relief now that he was back on track. After giving him the papers the man behind the counter went off sighing it and registering the droid for the Free World Coalition. "Okay, your all set to serve the FWC, now have a nice day." After that SN walked away, leaving them to process more individuals. The droid walked of the building that was more on the fancier side, his long coat trailing him. Now some real work could begin, and with it, glory.

Marina DeVoe

She bowed her head, and with a, " Your majesty..." Marina came forth upon the queen's beckoning to come to her side.

The intro,aside from revealing the gentleman's name to her, indicated also that her post as intern were still intact. This lifted marina's spirit, even though on her exterior she had little hint of having been distraught. There were no room in the presence of her queen for Marina to mope over personal failings.
"Mr Lussk..." Marina gave him a respectful nod of acknowledgement, before having her eyes take in a more close up detail of the hologram.
It were not the final draft of the compound as she made out the details and specs. But it were a base..a foundation that would be shaped and modified as details were being discussed.

To Marina, as the current model were rendered at the moment, wasn't sitting right with her. Then again, even her own family state had such armament that included a defense system. That too in her own house didn't sit right with Marina. But she voiced her opinions to her father...and in a respectful manner. He understood her, knowing quite well she was a traditionalist with strong ties to her ancestral spirits.
But New Alderaan could not be made to fall as their ancestral Alderaan had. As thus, and the centuries following the Great War, A new Alderaan was terra-formed and through the centuries the Great Houses fortified their strongholds. But still there were Alderaaneans who did not wish for their Alderaan to be as such, but rather have it remain a totally peaceful system...even if it meant without defenses.
Marina was such an Alderaanean who believed that in arming Alderaan that their ancestors who believed in peace without bloodshed, had dies in vain. So it were that she differed from her father's view. And by the atmosphere of what was being discussed here so far...her Queen's view also.
But mayhaps it were the reason she was here. Perhaps her queen knowing Marina's traditionalism wanted her views and inputs on some matters.

"If I may your Majesty..." Marina's ancestors embedded in her spirit, edged her to speak for those who had been silenced that unfaithful day.

Arken Lussk

The young man regarded their newest guest with little more than a respectful nod and a word of greeting. Tardiness wasn't something he particularly enjoyed and had dealt with it as a businessman numerous times. Still, she was a representative of Alderaan and was thusly afforded whatever courtesies her culture dictated.

Arken nodded and let his gaze sweep over the hologram once more, allowing the queen and her charge a moment to let his offers sink in. He knew all too well of Alderaan's past and their peaceful disposition towards things, but that was the sole reason they got bullied into submission and dragged into conflict. A peaceful, unarmed nation was the perfect target of war. Being peaceful and armed, now that was a threat to be reckoned with.

The voice of Miss DeVoe chimed in.

"Speak, please," Arken insisted.

[member="Marina DeVoe"], [member="SN-1411"], [member="Faith Organa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom