Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Together Again - A Wonderful Life [Shmi]

He was surprised, no reaction to the tease with his tongue? Huh, he thought she'd be surprised, or have some reaction to the stride at being a little more bold, a little more daring. Perhaps he was losing his touch? Well, he'd figure it out, he was sure... Regardless, he was thinking of similar, really, even if there were cracks in his head about losing his touch and all. How -did- one plan for this sort of thing? And when it came to he and Shmi... Well, their relationship was an interesting one. And yet he felt as though she was indeed the right one for him. The right one for this. It was... Strange, to say the least. How long had he known Shmi? It hadn't been as long as one would think but it'd still felt like forever. And yet the chemistry was there, it was undeniable.

But what did he know about traditional relationship values? He was raised as a warrior monk space wizard for Force's sake.

Well, Shmi herself was quick and blunt to the point. Why didn't they? If they were both ready, why not? That was a point he had to consider for a moment, and then he would chuckle as he would playfully poke her lip with his tongue again, before sitting up, stretching out a moment before speaking.

"Honestly? I've been ready for this for a long time now... I just needed to find the right person" He spoke as he would look her up and down. "... You'll do" He would joke, bursting out into laughter as he fell back onto the bed. Oh, he was SO getting her back for that remark from before!

"If there was anyone I was to spend the rest of this life with Shmi... Well, I'd certainly rather it be you over anyone else I've ever met. Or ever will meet, for that matter" He teased, nuzzling her nose with his own with a smirk on his face. A mini him, with first words of sarcasm? Little blonde child might be able to be done, but sarcasm as the first? Probably not. Josh's response to those first words though... Oh, they'd have enough sass for the whole room when that day came.

He let out a breath then, rolling onto his back to stare at the ceiling, an arm still wrapped around Shmi, as he just... Stared off into space for a bit, lost in thought on the possibility.

"... I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about the possibility. Sure, I've had a long time to prepare for this, but... What if we're not as ready as we think we are?" He spoke softly. "Starting a family is a big responsibility... It's not something you just rush into, you know? I never really worried about it all that much before. It was always something I just strived for. And now that the possibility is here, well... My desire for it to come to fruition hasn't changed one bit, but now the reality sits in just what we're getting ourselves into."

He breathed deep, just trying to relax for the moment.

"I've watched by as people I was close with married and had children, and I've been so envious for so long. But looking back, they must have endured quite a bit of hardship, no? Some of them were Jedi, after all... With a lot of enemies. Enemies who might seek to hurt them through their children. It... It would absolutely destroy me to have my own child be hurt because of my time as a Jedi, and yet I can't bring myself to quit as a Jedi, and I never will, even if I do become a husband, a father... And I know you can't either. I can sense it, I know it to be true. We're workhorses, Shmi... This is the only life we know, and yet here we are trying to step into one we're unfamiliar with.

Are we absolutely sure we're ready? Because as much as we both want this... This won't be an easy road. One thing I can say for sure, is that the moment a child is brought into this world... Our careers are going to take a cut. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to be on mission all the time... Not being here to take care of our child, not being here to watch them grow up."

He sighed, just mulling it all over for a moment before looking over at her.

"I... I want more then anything, to give a child, our child... The childhood that I wasn't able to have. I want them to be able to enjoy the Naboo sun, run free through the grass around our homestead, and just live life like a child should before expectations and judgements are all thrown on them. Without having to worry about where his next meal would come from, or where he'd sleep every night. Worrying about if mommy and daddy will come back everytime they step out.

I know we can't give them a normal childhood, because quite frankly... Neither of us are anything close to normal. But I'd love if we could give them the closest thing."

Allowing himself to calm down, he would manage to smile. "But hey, on the bright side... At least they'll be cute, looking at you" He teased, before bringing his hands down to her hips and... Tickling her sides! A grin crossed his lips as he would tickle Shmi without warning. It was an... Unusually normal thing for him to do. Such a simple, normal, human gesture, one that Josh didn't tend to do. One he wasn't used to. And yet here, it felt... Natural. Like it fit his playful personality.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
She stuck her tongue out playfully to touch his just before he sat up. She laid there looking at him, she figured he was about to say something. So she propped her head up and held it up with her arm, letting her head rest on her fist. Listening to him talk her eyes suddenly grew big and her mouth parted with an expression of disbelief. She'll do?. Yes she knew he was joking and it was further iterated by the fact that they were both laughing. She reached out and playfully hit him on his arm. When he fell back she wrapped her arms around him and looked him in his eyes just as he did hers. Eventually she was met by his nose cuddling up to hers, it was cool to the touch but gentle. Though his embrace was the warmest and safest she'd ever felt. She pinched his cheek.

When he turned back over on his back, just then she laid her arm across him and remained close to him. She rested her head on his chest and listened simultaneously to his heart beat and him talk. She could've swore she felt completely at ease...When she heard him let out that breath she knew he was thinking.

He was right...they'd both were extremely tied to their work because for the longest it's all they had. They'd only learned to find balance for them. She'd considered the type of life they'd be living...and it wasn't the one she expected but it was one she could bare as long as she had him. For her that was enough. she propped herself up and looked at him directly as he spoke, the strands of her hair hung and the tips gently touched his chest.

"I hear you, and I'm not debating anything you've said because it's all valid...but" she said looking down and then back up, "I love you Josh and it grows tremendously everyday with each thought of you. I want nothing more than for us to be one, I know having a child is...is unfamiliar territory but I know we can manage whatever it is that comes our way...remember what you told me?" she said pushing her hair back up just for it to fall again, "We can handle it together. We always have right?" she said quoting him.

"I'm content with you even wanting to start a family, we can always work towards having a child. Besides you would make a great dad...I'm sure our child wouldn't have to worry about anything in the slightest. I would love if we could give them the closest thing too." she said working up a soft smile, and then she kissed him. Before sliding between his side and his arm were she had been cuddled up. She fit perfect honestly.

Then his hands came down to her hips and he began to tickle her. Her body jolted and jumped as she tried to hold in her laughs. She planted her face in his side as she burst out into laughter. She reached down with her own hands to try and hold his down. She managed to wrestle him back and tried to sit up and get out of the bed. All in good fun.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Oh he would remember that, the tongue thing. Perhaps he had underestimated her and her ability for that sort of thing... It certainly wasn't something that he'd do again. Oh, Shmi, Shmi, Shmi... You shouldn't have done that. He wasn't going to hold back as much with you now. Oh no. He stared long and hard at her for a moment, but simply smirked from there before laying back and saying what he did. He'd get her back for it later, oh yes he would. She wouldn't know when it was coming, but he was going to remember this.

He listened to her response, and took a moment to just think it all over, letting out a breath as he closed his eyes. She said she wanted nothing more then for them to be one... What did she mean? Marriage? He supposed it was something to think about, but... Perhaps in the future. But the future was their discussion, no?

He would begin tickling her and the two would wrestle around for a good while until she managed to pin him down. He relaxed, smirking up at her.

"We can work toward it, aye. Take it slow... We've got time, after all" He remarked in turn. "For now... Let's just enjoy one another's company. We've got a nice, long break ahead of us, and it'd be good to enjoy it. Force knows you don't get much in the line of breaks when you're a Jedi" Josh would add, chuckling a bit.

When she would get up though, he snuck another smack on her rear end, an encore from earlier on the ship, grinning deviously. That smack had been quite a bit harder then the first too. That was her first hint that he'd stopped holding back so much.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She wondered what he was staring at, she looked him up and down with a kittenish grin. Then his trademark smirk came and so did hers before he laid back and began talking again. Hmm, she wondered but she wasn't sure what he was thinking. She didn't even want to read his mind to find it out either but the look...she'll remember it, in a good way.

That was all before they began their playful wrestling. Honestly, Josh let her pin him down...she wouldn't really be able to win at least not that easily. She was starting to think but then he relaxed his body and smirked at her...that same one. Hmm. She smiled and shook her head as she had her own thoughts.

Though she agreed with what he said after, yeah they had enough time where they could work towards building those things together. She didn't mind it that way at all, "Yeah, I can live with that. I plan to enjoy this break..." she said getting off the bed as she did with her words trailing off with her.

When she got up she felt the pat on her backside...this time it stung and it forced her to react even if she didn't want to. She turned her head over to him and gave him a look of surprise. "Owww!" Her mouth was open and she had a devious and shocked look at the same time. Though his face told of something else...that similar look from before.

"Was that Josh or the Dragon?" she said jokingly turning to face him.

The smirk was two things. Either a substitute for a smile, or an indication of trouble. At least, when it came to Josh anyway. And Shmi seemed to know this well. She probably should have seen the smack coming a mile away, really. Her reaction brought out genuine, jolly laughter from the Jedi Master as he seemed to find amusement in it, and laughed evermore when she would make the crack about it either being "Josh" or "The Dragon" in this instance.

"Force sakes, is that joke seriously still a thing?" Josh would ask with amusement in his voice as he would sit up properly, stretching out his shoulders to keep them from being stiff after lying in the position they'd been in for so long. Cuddling did that to you, after all. "I haven't heard that one in about two, maybe three or four years at least. Damn, one fellow Jedi takes what I say about "Riding The Dragon" also known as my ship, in innuendo, and next thing you know, I never hear the end of it. I figured the joke went away after my appeal as the bachelor Jedi faded like most fads" Josh would joke in a fit of laughter. "Geez."

"Damn, are we old" Josh would then crack, shaking his head with a bit of laughter. "At least, I feel like it. Is it weird to feel old at my age? I mean, you were my age once, about a decade ago, why don't you tell me?" Was the next joke to come out of his mouth as he grinned toward Shmi. He'd debated their age difference plenty before, but it didn't really bother him all that much. He was a grown man, he could choose who he was to be with, regardless of their qualities. But it didn't mean he couldn't playfully prod her once or twice.

Getting back on topic, that smirk returned as he would look her dead in the eyes.

"As for your question... Which one do you think it is?" He cooed playfully, teasing her for the moment.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She stood there in front of him with her hands on her hips, smirking down at him. He laughed at her little joke, and she was glad he found it humorous. Oh his Bachelor status hadn't fully faded...she recalled how some of her fellow Jedi and other fellows looked at Josh. He was extremely handsome and funny so it made it sense. She's even caught a stray thought or two here and there and a few times she's gotten irritated by the fact but what could she do? What could anyone do? It was becoming more and more obvious that they were together so those types of situations were dying down. As much as she wanted to trip a girl of two, she was much to sweet for those types of things.

She repeated what he said, "Riding the Dragon huh?" she nodded and laughed "Well..." she said laughing with him.

And he came with the jokes, shooting a shot at her age. Her mouth slowly opened and her head tilted. "Really?" she said chuckling at the same time. "You're a jerk" she said laughing and slapping his arm. She'd probably slapped his arm like ten times already. She didn't take offense she knew it was all in good fun, besides it was true. "I see I'll get to spend the whole week babysitting you..." she said in response. then she looked down and began fiddling with her hands.

His voice got soft, and she peeked up at him but her head was still slightly tilted downward. "I don't know...I'm kind of curious to see whats so intriguing about this Dragon everyone's talking about?" she said smirking and looking back down.

Well, he figured it had. Josh hadn't really seen much in the way of advances toward him at all, really in recent years. And when he ended up with Shmi? Well, that stopped entirely. But who knows? Maybe he just hadn't noticed. His mindset had changed completely when Shmi entered the picture. She was the only woman for him at that moment and every moment after that. So it was wholly possible that nothing had changed, and Josh simply had ceased to notice anymore as advances weren't something he was watching out for or focusing on. Although despite how sweet she was... Josh wouldn't be surprised if Shmi did trip someone if anything was tried. Or even thought.

A smirk crossed his lips when she repeated the "term" mentioned before. "I offer a ride on the ship, and they immediately think I mean something else because my last name has Dragon in it" He remarked, with a laugh and a roll of his eyes in response. How silly. "Now that I'm a little older, the joke seems about as silly as the old one about the Grandbooty, Selena Halcyon" Josh would add, another laugh escaping him at the thought. Oh, so many old jokes... So many memories from an era gone by. His time had come and gone... And so had much of the fun. When everything seemed so much simpler, and the Jedi had a clear goal.

He laughed again when she would whack his arm for what seemed like the hundredth time over him poking fun at her age. "Babysitting? We're not -that- far apart in age, you know. I also don't know how well babysitting would work when we were literally just talking about the prospect of children" Josh would crack, shaking his head and smirking.

But the smirk broadened at the next remark about the "Dragon"... "Either that was an innuendo, or I've gotten a reputation for things I don't actually do often" Josh would joke. "I was just making a joke about the Dragon pun. What have YOU been hearing about this "Dragon", hmm?" The Jedi teased, quirking a brow, his tone now shining with amusement.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

Her eyes grew wide and she nodded her head in a way that she was mocking him slightly, "Ohh so you were offering a ride on your ship huh?" she said biting her bottom lip and shaking her head to hold back the laughter. Her head then jolted up when he mentioned the grandbooty joke, "I don't even want to know..." she said in response. It just didn't even want to know the background story, she was sure it was funny however. Maybe she'll mentioned it one day when they decided to make fun of each other again.

"Ohhh you don't want me to babysit you?" she said jokingly. Then he mentioned how it might not be the most effective thing, "Well I guess I should get my practice now..." she said raising her eyebrows, and then she leaned forward as it forced a laugh out of her. Ya know? It wasn't often that they just got to sit and laugh...they always cracked jokes here and there...mostly josh, but it was fun. She felt like this was the type of thing that brought them closer.

Though next, she had a very kittenish expression of her face. She liked his smile so when it became more prominent it made her smile as well. "Maybe it was an innuendo..." she said as her voice became softer. Then her head tilted slightly as she fiddled with her fingers, and avoided direct eye contact with him because of her blushing. "Oh...I mean thats for me to know and you not to find out" she said playfully with a chuckle.

"Yes, my ship. Why did everyone think I meant something else? The ship name was a pun on my last name, nothing more, but apparently using "The Dragon" for short for the ship has provided room for unintentional innuendo that people have used to their... Y'know what, I'm not even going to finish that thought, I see the direction that's going in" He would stop himself, laughing in turn and shaking his head. "I'm getting too old for this chit."

He snuck a playful little boot to her rear end from the bed when she kept up the babysitting comments with a roll of his eyes. But he was taking it all in stride. It really was nice, to just... Be able to sit here, alone, in a place of peace and quiet without the sounds of thousands of footsteps all around them, without people demanding things left and right, and going completely unappreciated in the process. It was nice to just be able to be... Them, for once. To be... Well, kind of normal.

"I swear to the Force, I will tickle you again" He cracked, shaking his head and smirking, noting the blush but still remaining on the confident side himself. "And if you don't want me to find out, there's not much I can do if I don't know what you've been hearing" Josh would crack, laughing a bit more as he would relax back onto the bed, letting out a ginger breath and relaxing with his arms behind his head, closing his eyes a moment...

It all still didn't seem real. But it was. He'd adjust, eventually.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

He said he was getting to old for it, "Well at least you've grown even more handsome with age." she said forming a smirk, and he did. Josh was handsome, she'd said it numerous times before, and everyone knew it. He was young but he had a very mature look and presence that just worked form him. Then she felt his boot bump against rear and she burst into laughter as she saw that her babysitting remarks had gotten to him. She even playfully stuck her tongue out at him.

She started to turn her body as she began to make her way towards the window, though before fully committing to the movement she had to say a few words. "Ya know? I'm starting to think you enjoy hitting people on the behind...thats your thing huh?" she said playfully, giggling to herself before approaching the window.

She hadn't realized they'd been talking for such a long time. The sun was starting to set and it gave off this beautiful orange hue that covered the land and even kissed her skin. Her right hand came up and pressed up against the cool glass and she just looked for the moment before turning and responding to him.

"Maybe I want you to tickle me again..." she said trying to hold back her smile, and she bit down on her lip when she looked towards the floor. "Mmmm"

"I've heard he's intense...in a really good way." she said looking up at him, it was a hard stare like the one he gave her early.

A laugh escaped him at that. "Well, I'm certainly glad you think so" Josh would tease, shooting Shmi a cheeky, playful little grin. He knew he was at least average. He hoped, anyway. But if Shmi thought he was handsome and became moreso with age? Well, maybe this aging thing wasn't so bad. Because if Shmi thought he looked good... Well, that was enough for him, really. He only cared about what Shmi thought on the matter, really.

He would watch her make her way toward the window, and in another playful display, blatantly checked out his partner from behind from the bed, a devious smirk crossing his lips. Oh, he knew she'd know. He -wanted- her to know. It had become another tease, another flirtation from him to her at this point. To her first comment, he merely responded with "Maybe. But only with you, of course. Only ever with you" in turn, as though re-affirming that Shmi was and always would be the only one for him. And when she did turn back to him, he made his looking up at her to meet her eyes as slow as possible - making sure she KNEW just where he was looking. And enjoying every moment that he did, at that.

To her next two comments, he couldn't help but chuckle, looking her dead in the eyes. "Don't tempt me" He teased back, with a playful smile. "And oh really now? Do go on..."

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

"I hope it's only with me." She said chuckling, "Because I wouldn't want to have to trip someone..." that part she said under her breath. It was still audible but she didn't even think Josh would listen to that part.

She didn't take her eyes off him, she kept with this stare...for the moment she didn't say anything but then her lips parted and she looked down and then back up. Her entire body turned around and she pressed her back up against the window. "Yeah..." she said in response. "His presence...his touch...and this look he gives you." she said trailing off with a smirk forming. She couldn't hold this one back. "You can feel the passion and its mesmerizing." she said with a devious grin.

She began to giggle to herself, the sound wasn't there but the movement in her shoulders told it all. "I've been wanting to see if I could meet him" she said bringing her hands up and fiddling with them as she did so often. She even began to slowly sway back and forth as she spoke.

"Obviously to see if the rumors are true."

Oh, he'd heard it. And that brought a grin to his lips. "Trip someone huh? Shmi, Shmi... And here I thought you were sweet and forgiving all the time" He joked, with a light laugh. Josh was a listening ear, and one with an eye and an ear for detail, at that. Years of Jedi training, years of learning patience, learning to listen, learning to sense... Learning to be in tune with your surroundings. He was able to pick out, see and hear plenty of details, even ones people might not even think to look for. He caught her mumble by chance, of course, and very likely could have missed it with even a single different movement of his head, or even a slightly different tilt of a listening ear.

Their eyes would meet again, and he would smirk as he listened to her talk about what she had apparently heard. He would visibly have to keep from bursting out laughing as she talked about it, and having a harder time looking her in the eyes the more that this went on. It was hilarious, because no Jedi that she would know had ever dealt with his "touch", or his "passion", unless it had something to do with his work. Josh had legitimately never dated a fellow Jedi in his life up until Shmi. He'd made jokes, he'd even flirted plenty when he was younger. He could admit it, he'd done it plenty, he did it with almost every single one of his co-workers because he thought it was hilarious, and he loved bringing a smile to people's faces. It was fun to do so, it was nice to give a Jedi who all they knew was this job, a moment's reprieve from this life of toil, to smile, to be taken away from it all for a moment to have a moment of joy, or amusement. But he'd never actually had a true physical encounter of the sort Shmi talked about with another Jedi, or anyone Shmi would know.

Still, he played along, listened and let her speak. He watched her giggle, watched her fiddle with her hands, which seemed to be a habit of hers. He noted as she began to sway back and forth, to and fro... And he watched, and he listened, and then he would smirk.

"Then what are you waiting for?"

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

"I am sweet all the time...but your mine." she said grinning.

Of course she was lying about what she heard, she really didn't want to hear anything anyone else had to say. These were all things that she enjoyed about him. He was intense in a good way...Josh was passionate and it showed in everything he set his mind to. It just so happened that he set his mind on her. Yeah she'd heard a few things from those they worked with but those were just compliments on his physical appearance, which she didn't get worked up about because it wasn't super serious. Though if it had been anything else she'd probably...she didn't know. But that was likely never to happen just because of the type of people they were.

She still didn't understand it, yes we all know Josh is the bachelor Jedi with an amazing track record with all thats he's accomplished at his age. His personality only amplified it all. Shmi was...basic. She wore very modest robes most of the time until the order disbanded where her attire took on a different look. She'd been so engulfed in her work she hadn't too many friends let alone suitors. What did Josh see? It was almost like he could've gotten someone else...maybe anyone else if he tried hard enough. He probably had no idea the amount of women who were interested in him...probably because they never made it clear.

She laughed, and then she bit down on her lip before giving him an alluring look that lasted for a moment. Then she rolled her eyes and turned back around to look out the window.

"I don't know...I'm just waiting for him to manifest I guess" she said playfully, then turning her attention back outside. Man was she so intrigued. Then she started giggling to herself because she made it seem like she really heard this stuff someone where else.

"Guess you're the type that doesn't share. I'll keep that in mind if my eye wanders" Josh would joke in turn. Not that he had any intention of his eye wandering... Or wanting anything extra curricular that required an extra person. Josh was quite simple in that department, two people make a relationship and he was fine with that, he just wanted Shmi and only Shmi.

... Unlike some people who'd cheat on their husband with a Sith before stabbing said husband in the back to prove their loyalty to said dark lord who intended to turn on them anyway. Why did Josh's friends have such chitty wives? Seriously? And then there was the Jedi friend who's wife went loco shortly after having kids, and went after HIM. HIM! And it was awkward because she was one of his best friends as well at the time.

Granted, Tracyn himself wasn't all there either. Force knows how many times they went back and forth on how brutally Ordo would kill their opponents. Josh never understood his Mandalorian ways, for the longest time... Tracyn talked about it being in his blood, but Josh just didn't see it.

Even if at times, he felt what seemed to be a similar calling... One he didn't answer, but it made him wonder... Of course, then he'd just bury himself in his work again and it would pass.

Josh hadn't heard rumours of any sort in regards to him in this matter though, in the last few years. He'd grown accustomed to the quiet, and part of him liked it far more. Sure, it was entertaining... But Josh had reached an age where he was ready to settle down and be a family man. Ready to just be a one-woman guy, settle, have children, and move on to the next stage of his life. He'd had his share of misadventures... But he was older, wiser now. Less of a wild man. Still a bit of a loose cannon, but...

Regardless, all he saw was Shmi.

A smirk crossed his lips at her words, and he would sit up on the bed, watching as she turned toward the window again. He would blatantly check her out down below once again, knowing full well she knew, and at this point he wanted her to know. He wanted her to know that he appraised her, that he looked at her and held feelings of clear attraction. Both in appearance, and personality, and just... In her. He would get to his feet, stretching out, before casually laying another playful little smack on her rear end. From there, he would wrap his arms around her waist from behind and bring his head over her shoulder, grinning toward her as he would peck her cheek in turn before looking out the window with her.

"It's... Gonna be nice, being able to actually enjoy being here for a long period this time" He would speak softly, letting out a breath. "I... Last time, it wasn't so much. I was just so... Hurt. I felt nothing but pain. My heart was broken, my mind and body were shattered. I'd lost the only thing that kept me going, and I'd been stabbed in the back by the very thing that I swore my entire life to for so many years. How does one recover from that?" He would whisper, biting his lip. "I never got to enjoy the sights, never got to really take it all in... I wallowed in misery for so long, just trying to learn what I could, train as I could, and... I don't know why. I had no purpose, it was almost like I buried myself in work just to try and forget that what I was working for no longer appreciated me, and no longer had need of me.

Being told as I left that my time was over, that I wasn't the "it" thing anymore, hurt. As though my time in the Jedi was just... Temporary, like I was only there while I was the flavour of the time. It was like me spending pretty much my entire life there meant nothing. I'll never forget that... Part of me wants to. The other... It wants to remember because it let me take the rose-tinted glasses off, and see the galaxy for what it was, for the first time...

Part of me yearns for the days where it was all black and white... Where I approached my job with a smile on my face because I loved what I was doing, and couldn't be happier doing it. Feeling like I was making a difference... Feeling like I belonged. It's like I said before, that was why I fought so hard to get it back... But it's gone now. I understand that.

I... I have to make my own belonging now. But... I think I've found it."

A small smile crossed his lips.

"I think I'm ready to start that next chapter... And I think I found where I belong.

And... For the first time, I'm going to enjoy being here."

A chuckle escaped him.

"Because I'm here with you."

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

"Nope, I won't be sharing you..." she said giggling just before she felt another pat at her backside. Then came the warmest embrace ever. She felt light in his presence and immediately fell into his grip. Her smile was so bright and she tilted her head when his came to rest on her shoulder. She ran her hands along his arms and down to his hands and let them rest there. She scrunched up at his kiss which made her entire face turn red. Then, came the breath she allowed to exit her body as she relaxed and enjoyed the view for the moment before he spoke. With them both, the orange light complimented them.

She knew Josh had genuine feelings for her, she saw it in the way he treated her. He really was one of the most gentle and caring beings she'd met probably even more than herself. She wasn't afraid of someone else being an issue, because he had already displayed his devotion. Even now in the moment she felt a love between them that was strong, the same love that refused to fall completely apart when she was away or whenever he left to go on a mission. It the same energy that keeps bringing them back together.

She listened to him speak, and when he expressed that he was looking forward to the next chapter with her she turned to him. Still close and within his grasp she brought her left hand up and ran it through his hair and down the side of his face.

"I remember when I first saw you..." she said very softly, looking him in his eyes. "You came to Telos upon my request..." she said smiling. "When I came to meet you, you had this very large frame" she said running her hands along his arms and muscles. "And then you called me beautiful..which took me off guard. However, I just remember the warmth you brought to that room but even then you had a heaviness to you. When I looked you in your eyes I saw pain...from way back when. Then you slowly worked your way into becoming my friend and not just my fellow councilor." she said playfully, chuckling. "It was on Exis when I fell in love with you...the time we spent together and the moments we shared just overpowered my defenses. I was so happy when you came to my room that night. When you came to woo me haha" she said giggling.

She normally joked about that night as they both met about business but it turned into something completely different. "That was the moment we were first able to be honest with each other and declare our feelings. From then on I've just wanted to be by your side and walk in this light you have, a light thats brighter than any other."

She pushed herself forward and pressed her lips against his, in a display of passion she went for the kiss. It was funny because their first kiss wasn't so successful. Before they could even do it she sneezed and it was one of the most embarrassing moments of her life.

"I wouldn't expect you to... I hope you know I'm not sharing either" He would tease, playfully tapping her nose and placing another peck on her cheek, running a few down the back of her neck before listening to her speak, of the time they met, and all that had happened since. He was just... Happy. Happy to be able to be in her embrace, to hold her close, hold her in his arms... And know she was there. She wasn't going anywhere. She wasn't going to betray him, or turn against him, wouldn't leave him behind... In these moments he knew. He knew she was the one for him. The one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with...​

He just hoped they lived long enough in this dangerous life they lived, to see that dream they shared come true.

It was... Well... It was different. Realizing now, that this wasn't just his dream anymore. It was their dream. His and hers. Their dream, together. It was a strange feeling, but... It made him feel warm inside. And inside... He knew now where he belonged.

And it made him happier then he'd felt in a very long time.

"When I came to woo you, huh?" He would tease, a smirk crossing his lips as he would move his nose along hers in a nuzzle, just to tease her. "I showed up for business, and it just... Well... Happened. You said one thing, and it just... It all came out. Everything I've felt for you... Almost everything. Maybe. Maybe not... Heh, I don't think how I feel about you can be summed up in words, Shmi" He admitted softly.

"I can't say when I fell in love with you, because... Well, to be honest, I can't remember a time anymore that I wasn't in love with you."

It was the truth, the honest truth and he knew it. He couldn't remember not loving Shmi... And he didn't want to. As she finished, he would meet her lips with his own and just place a kiss filled with passion and love for her across them, just happy to be in her warm embrace once again. He.... Was tempted to make a joke. Something about maybe trying something strawberry flavor for his lips if she liked the flavor or something. But the joke fell to the side in his mind, and disappeared, as he would continue to kiss her, passion pouring out with every inch of contact. As the kiss broke, he would finally speak, lips still pressed to hers.

"I just hope that the day never comes that I have to relive that memory of not loving you. It's hard to place it, but... I feel as though this was meant to happen. That the world was just... Waiting for me to find happiness until the day I laid eyes on you. I hope you'll always be here... Because I'll always be here for you."

He never wanted to lose her, that was made clear in that statement. But that was the first time he had expressed it.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She couldn't help but giggle, "Yes when you came to woo me" she said as she reiterated it after he said it. Her face scrunched up playfully when the cool touch his nose met hers, at this time her arms were wrapped around him, and her hands were resting on his back. "Ohh you came for business I see. You knew what you were doing..." she said playfully. But while they played the last of his few words drew silence from her, a good silence because she didn't know what to say.

So he felt deeply for her? To a point where he couldn't even describe it. It was the same way she felt...this entire time. Had he always been in love with her as they worked together? She didn't know. She did know that whenever they engaged each other there was just a feeling there that she later acknowledged as attraction. Whenever Josh would be handling business she would always look at him in admiration. When he smiled at her she would slightly turn red in the face. It was just one of those things. She'd liked him back on Telos...beyond that she couldn't think of time she didn't love him either.

They shared their intense moment; the kiss. It was an embrace she didn't want to end in the slightest. Time didn't mean anything, for what was only seconds, maybe a minute seemed like it went on for forever. Then their lips parts, though still close enough to touch. He spoke to her in the softest, most comforting voice.

It did develop naturally to where it seemed like it was meant to happen. And she knew how much that meant to him. "Of course I'll always be there. I think my place was always at your side. Everything that has happened...we've always been together. That's where I'm at my best. Besides I can't get rid of you..." she said chuckling as her forehead came to touch his.

"If you say so" The Jedi Master would respond, a smirk crossing his lips, rolling his eyes in turn in a tinge of amusement as he would just let her have it. No need to dwell on it, really, what had happened, happened. A silence followed, allowing them both to reflect back on all that had happened between them, and what had been said... He would lay into the kiss softly, with hints of passion strewn through. Almost like he wanted to show in that way all that he felt for her, but was concerned for her a bit too much to go too hard in. Perhaps in time...

He smiled then, as she spoke, and he would nuzzle her nose with his own as their foreheads touched. "Well, then I guess you're stuck with me" He would tease softly, moving a tad to playfully peck her lips again before standing up straight and stretching out. "You know... After that long trip on the ship, and all this time sitting around... Why don't we go stretch our legs?" Josh would suggest, peering out the window, then looking back toward her. "You were looking forward so much to visiting Naboo, it'd be a shame if we didn't get to see Naboo in all of it's grace, no?" Josh would tease, chuckling lightly. "I'll bring some food or something, maybe we can have a picnic? I haven't had a chance to enjoy the sunny weather in Naboo for months, so it'd be kind of nice to be able to just... Y'know, relax and really get to enjoy the break we've finally been able to get" The Jedi would suggest, placing a hand on her cheek. "But really... Either way, I'd just be happy to spend time with you, no matter what you want to do. Your call, love... I'm good either way."

Then a thought hit him. Wasn't she Sochi Ru's Padawan before? He'd met Sochi a good while ago... And he could tell, to a degree, what was going on. He didn't know the how, or the why. But there were things he could certainly tell, that he'd pieced together about her. Perhaps Shmi would be able to fill in the gaps? She had likely been closer to Sochi then he had been. He knew her very little before her apparent death, and it was only in reuniting with her when she returned that they finally had the chance to talk in excess for the first time. He'd investigated her death and what had happened since, after he'd encountered her, but... Well, aside from his own guesses, he'd found nothing.

But at the same time... Did he really want to be talking business with Shmi anytime soon? Especially for something as personal as her formerly deceased Master.

Perhaps he'd bring up the matter another time. For now, this was his and Shmi's time. He was far too work-minded, he knew. He needed to change that. I mean, let's face it. Bringing a child into this world wasn't easy when you were a complete workaholic like Josh was. And besides... He wanted to really enjoy getting to spend time with Shmi, uninhibited.

Speaking of a child... If she wanted one sooner or later, did that mean she intended to marry? It felt a bit early, yeah, but... Well he supposed they'd cross that bridge when they got to it.

Made him feel a bit self-conscious about his last name though. Or was it an actual last name? I mean, sure, there were Heavenshields, and plenty of other ridiculous last names in the galaxy... But was his a title or a last name? He wasn't sure. It was just the name he remembered giving the Jedi when they asked for it, and it was the name his father claimed to have when he finally showed up.

Should he change it? Would Shmi really want to marry into that kind of last name? Oh geez... He was overthinking things again, wasn't he?

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

"I'm stuck with you?" and she received his peck on her lips, "I think I could manage that..." She held her forehead against his. She could only smile when she stood up straight and stretched out. She then moved her hands to the center of his chest and kept them there. Then it turned into a flirtatious smirk just as began to talk. He brought up the idea of them going to stretch their legs, and she was open to it. "Yeah, I think a picnic sounds great. I would love to do some sightseeing.." Her eyes fluttered just as his hand came and gently touched her face. She gave him an innocent smile as her head titled and her hand came and caressed his. "Lets go..." she said chuckling and giving him a wink.

Just then her eyes grew big and she walked past him, though her gaze stayed on him until she fully past him. He looked like he was thinking about something. It was then she realized how grateful she was to be back...and how she missed Josh when she was away. Yeah in the beginning she was slightly depressed but now the time she had was all that she imagined it would be if they got the chance. She didn't speak to him about her mission to Vendaxa...she wanted to but...She was still processing it herself. Unless he really wanted to know...

It was weird because Sochi knew...Her former Master was perceptive and had the ability to see the future on my greater scale than she did...and she was able to deconstruct Shmi right then and there. She knew of the feelings she had for Josh...she could feel how the Chalactan longed to be back with him, even though she didn't feel worthy after being away so long. Shmi knew Josh knew of Sochi but she wondered if they had known each other on a personal scale, were they friends?

Nevertheless, it made her appreciate him more and all of those she cared for. Yeah she spoke about having a family one day, when they were both ready but she hoped before they had a baby that they would get married...if that was something Josh wanted...he didn't really talk about it and she didn't want to bring it up unless he did. She wasn't in a rush but...

She was sure he was overthinking it just as she had been. She'd wait for him...

"So what's our first stop?" she said stopping just at the door and turning to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom