Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Together Again - A Wonderful Life [Shmi]

"I'm not entirely sure" He would admit, shrugging his shoulders as he would look down at Jason, noting that amongst all the hooplah, Jason had dozed off in his father's arms. Smiling lightly, Josh would manage to will himself to sitting up as he would call what he had to say to a halt for a moment as he would pick Jason up and gingerly carry the child upstairs. Whether Shmi wished to follow or not was her choice, of course. Either way, he would carry Jason into his bedroom, and tuck the child into bed, making sure his pillows were fluffed up and his blankets were all in the right places and Jason was positioned perfectly where he should be to rest easy.

With that he would smile, before heading back downstairs. Once they were out of earshot of where Jason would hear so they wouldn't disturb his sleep, Josh would continue.

"Honestly... I don't know where to start" He would admit, scratching his head as he would peer out the window, biting his lip. "Like... I don't know what clan she might have been from, I don't know who her parents were, I know absolutely nothing about my mother except that she was a Jedi" He would admit, letting out a sigh as he would turn back to Shmi, gingerly taking her hands and sneaking a little peck on her lips, with a light smirk in turn.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
She let out a sigh after he gave his answer, of course she followed him as he carried their son to his room; the poor baby fell asleep in his fathers arms. It was entirely precious, because Jason literally looked like Josh. If she'd seen Josh as a baby, then she'd guess he was this cute. She trailed behind her husband and stood in the doorway while he walked into Jason' room. She smiled as she got butterflies watching Josh be a dad; she'd never had her and he was literally doing everything her dream father would have done and more. He walked past her afterwards and she trailed behind him again knowing he'd have more to say on the topic.

"Do you really want to know?" she said as she descended the last couple of steps, and stood in front of him as he then took her hands into his own. She embraced the kiss, because she had been waiting to do that. "I mean, granted there's quite a lot to figure out but...we know people..." she shrugged her shoulders and then held her hands against his in the air just the sides of them.

Of course his hands were larger than hers, but she looked anyway and ran her fingers down his palms. "I know your tired...we could talk about it another time. Just relax, your home now so...there's time."

She wrapped her arms around him and planted her chin in his chest while looking up at him.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

"... I do" He would admit quietly, biting his lip. "I mean... Yeah. Mandalorians don't have the best reputation. But I've worked with Mandalorian Jedi before, so they're not all bad, I know... Okay, so maybe Tracyn did try to kill me because he wrongfully thought I was karking his wife, but... He didn't know she was the slightly mentally unstable one making the advances, didn't know she once tried to sit on my face, it's okay" He would remark, trying to lighten the mood a little with the bit about Tracyn. "I've also met a guy who just went by Ordo... Married my fellow former council member, Rianna... Nice guy. Dunno where Rianna is now though."

Rianna was the girl he'd once gone mud wrestling with, when he was a strapping young council member without a care in the world as he flirted all day long and didn't really think too much about the consequences since he was joking around... Even if it led him to being pulled into a mud wrestling thing and not at the time thinking it might have been with ulterior motives. Granted even now, he wondered sometimes if he got pulled into ulterior motives and was still oblivious to them until later... Like with the echani sparring thing with Celiana years back. Force, that had been awkward to tell Shmi.

Okay, sure he could have never mentioned it... But how the hell do you spar almost naked with someone and be able to keep it on your conscience without spilling? Josh's conscience wasn't the type that could just keep that sort of thing in. Sure, he hadn't exactly partaken in it for anything more then fulfilling a request from a clearly very troubled Padawan, and because if you recall, he was at his best as a combat teacher... But the fact was, he'd worn nothing but his underwear and sparred hand to hand with a woman not his significant other. That had bothered him, and bothered him a lot from the moment things got physical as he'd from that moment on wanted to try the spar with Shmi instead. And he had done so, eventually he'd gotten the courage to admit it to her, and request the spar. Which had been fun, of course... Made him wish he'd asked her about it earlier.

He never did mention that Celiana had gone and planted a kiss on his cheek to catch him off-guard for an attack though... Whether because it was a detail he'd forgotten at the time, or because he figured it was an unnecessary thing to add... That or he wasn't sure if she'd get mad at him for not stopping her, scolding him for not having his guard up enough and getting rusty... Or if she'd laugh her arse off because he'd smacked Celiana upside the head almost immediately afterword for doing it. Maybe he had told Shmi in the years since? They'd gone through so much, odds were, maybe he re-told the story and mentioned it. He did re-tell stories sometimes with a different spin to it, it was a habit, he could admit.

Either way, these things had happened years ago, he'd wisened up... Somewhat. "I'd like to know where I came from, I suppose... Maybe see if there's family out there I still have. I don't know anything about my heritage besides that my parents and my brother were Force Users before they died" He would add, despite his clearly visibly being upset at the mention of his brother still managing to smile at her returned kiss, and shaking his head when she would offer for them to do this later. "Don't worry. With you, I feel like I've got energy again" He would tease, pulling her close when she would wrap her arms around him...

And then of course he snuck a little smack on her rear end and laughed in turn. There was the proof, right there.

"I want to see if I have any family left... I mean, aside from you and Jason, but you know what I mean. I just don't know where to start investigating, you know?" He would admit. Where the blazes did he even begin to figure out where he came from? This was the first lead he'd had since... Well, ever!

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She rolled her eyes when he went into the bit about Tracyn and his wife...sure it was funny now but she got territorial sometimes; she wouldn't dare say jealous. The thought of someone else attempting to do whatever it was they had in mind with him made her cringe because well...he was his. But she told him time and time that he was sought after, and the women who chased after him were nothing like Shmi...so it was why she never thought she'd be his type. Regardless...he married her and he wasn't gonna get rid of her anytime soon; she refused to give up his gorgeous face.

She felt the smack to her backside, and wasn't surprised at all. It actually brought a smirk out of her because this was Josh, and she knew what it could imply.

"I know you want to know...and you have every single right to know. I get you, that's a lot to take in let alone investigate. I'd like to be there for you in every way while everything gets worked out. But...I know it'll come to you because it always does, and you'll find the answers you seek."

She parted from him, and bit down on her lip before giving him a worried expression. Her hands still rested on his abs; he was a fit guy. Even through his clothes she could feel his muscles. "So, I have something to tell you Josh. Promise me you won't get mad?"

Well...she didn't know how he'd take it but, she'd been holding it in for quite a while and him being away gave her time to figure it out.

Oh he saw that expression. He knew what Shmi was thinking, though of course... That whole Tracyn and Asha thing... That had been years ago... A good two or three years before he and Shmi had even met, actually. It was long enough that he was hoping that the joke, even if it mentioned Asha's... Escapades... Would make her laugh, but he supposed talking about past things like that would still cause her to get upset. Even if he couldn't see it in her expression, well... He could certainly sense her emotions, and do so with her more then anyone else. That was their bond, after all... But he did make a mental note to tone down on that. For his Shmi? Anything.

Honestly, aside from that, the amount of times he'd -legitimately- been -sought after- were pretty damn bare... Shocking, I know. But his relationship experience was actually quite low... Despite his jokes and his flirtations, Shmi got him ripe... Which is funny considering his age. Well... Suppose he wasn't so ripe now, Shmi had over two years to dig -her- claws into him. And he was getting up there in age... He was nearing his 30s, he began to realize... Ugh. What a bloody drag.

He would smile and nod his head at her assurance... "I'd be happy to have you by my side the whole way... Would rather you more then anyone else I can think of off the top of my head" He would tease, smirking lightly as he snuck one more peck on her lips. He supposed they did have time, after all...

But it was her next words that changed his mood entirely. His brows lifted, his eyes told the story really... The worry was clear in them from there. Why would he get mad? What was going on? The frown that followed from Josh didn't help stray from the fact he was beginning to become increasingly upset.

"I.... I guess."

But why would she be worried about him getting mad? What was going on? So many things ran through his mind... Was she cheating? No... No, Shmi never would. At least, he hoped... Right? They'd been together for two years, more then that even... She was the light of his life, and he was scared more then anything of losing her and Jason. Was she sick? Was something wrong? Had HE done something wrong? Had he hurt her somehow? Hurt her feelings? Caused her to grow apart from him? Maybe she'd been polite while he was talking about his findings and waited until now to spring that she was leaving him...

No, no, no... She wouldn't... Right? But that was the side of him that had been betrayed left and right. You couldn't blame him for it being one of the first things that might come to mind, no matter the person.

The stress that was clearly growing the more he over-thought the entire thing became clear, more and more by the second by the look on his face. He wasn't able to meet her eyes anymore, notably. He lifted a hand to mess with a strand of his own hair, it was a nervous tick of his... He was tempted to bite his nails, it was another one, and one he had a hard time controlling sometimes... But she was standing right there, and he foolishly figured she wouldn't be worried if he didn't do something obvious like bite his nails. Though he wondered if she'd care about him being worried, if what she was about to say was bad...

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

Of course she saw it in his eyes first, but her expression told that it was serious. She released her hands and began to tug on his jackets without looking him in the face while it seemed like she was trying to force words to come up. She didn't know how he would react honestly, he wasn't the type to go into a fit of rage at things, but she knew that he would probably internalize it. She took a deep breath and then tried her best to make eye contact with him as he was avoiding hers.

"Josh...I'm pregnant." her words, her demeanor, all were genuine. She kind of withdrew when she spoke those words, saying them softly as they trailed off because she wanted to soften whatever the impact would be.

She stepped back, and placed her hands behind her back while biting her lip. She wondered what he'd say, if he'd even be excited for that type of thing. Obviously it wasn't planned, and she didn't know until it started to make sense to her. Granted she didn't know she was pregnant with Jason at first, but because she recognized the signals she could diagnose herself.

"I wanted to tell you before you left but...I didn't know how and I didn't want you to be upset with me in anyway. I wanted the moment to be right, although I guess there's never a perfect time to reveal these things."

She looked over at him, waiting to see what he'd say. "Well...are you upset?"

And in that moment, everything changed. Of course he was first thinking about when the last time he'd forgotten the rubber was and things like that, but his worry evaporated immediately. He let out an exhale, though his eyes widened still at her admittance. Pregnant? She was pregnant? They were having a second child?

He was shocked, honestly... Why hadn't she told him earlier? He wouldn't have gone on that mission to begin with if he'd known, he would have taken time away from the Jedi like he had when he first found out that she had been pregnant the first time, to spend time with her. He was clearly shocked, but... He was happy. Sure, they'd have to make sure they were financially ready, and they hadn't really talked about a second child, they were still adjusting to taking care of one... But they could manage, right? He wondered if they'd be a boy or a girl... Did it matter? Honestly he was split on it. It'd be a lot of work... But welcoming another addition to the family was still something that made him joyful...

Finally, he shook his head.

"No... Why would I be upset?" He would inquire, as he took her hands again. "That's... That's wonderful. I wish you'd told me earlier, I wouldn't have gone on mission at all" He would admit as he squeezed her hands, smiling as he stared into her eyes.

"Alright, I'm... Gonna go contact the Jedi right away and let them know I'm taking time off. I was intending to be here a few months anyway, but more then that I suppose... Or maybe I'll hold off, wait until the next time I was supposed to go on mission, so I can rationalize taking more time away" He would add with a shrug. "Either way, have you thought about names or anything like that? Any idea if it's a boy or a girl? I'll see if I can set finances aside to have the house renovated, since we turned the guest room into a room for Jason and I'm sure our second child will want a room of their own... Think we have some room on the upstairs area, take down a wall, build from there, even the house up..." He began to ramble as he thought aloud, his hands in hers being the only reason he wasn't pacing around as his mind was going into calculation mode... The Jedi mode, of sorts. The planner, the thinker, the logical side that overthought everything. It was like he was working despite being home.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

Her body jolted forward as laughter nearly escaped at his reaction. Well certainly she could tell that he had already assumed the worst if this type of information was something he could exhale and wind down from. Physically, she could see that this wasn't the worst of the worst in his head. What did he think? She stepped outside of their marriage? But she found it extremely cute when he stepped into daddy mode. He was a completely different person when it came to them.

Of course she knew this was a little extreme but...he was always the one with more wit and could scare the heck out of her constantly. Last time she tried to trick him he saw right through it, she needed to catch him off-guard and with something that he wouldn't think she would joke about. Of course she would have to make it up to him seeing as he wouldn't think this was appropriate AND to lessen the blow when he attempted to get her back; she knew he would.

She placed a finger gently against his lips to keep him from rambling. Tilting her head as she looked up at him she started to giggle which prompted her to then wrap her arms around his waist and pull herself closer to him. By this time she was bursting into full laughter.

"I...got you. It was a joke." she giggled and then held it back as she took a few steps back. She clasped her hands together and covered her mouth while widening her eyes to look almost pitiful. "I'm sorry but I got you."

She bit down on her lips and looked at him for a sec, "It was a little extreme...but darn it you always scare the hell out of me and out wit me. I had to do this just this one time."

She... Was joking?

I mean, sure, it was sudden... But he had been excited for it all the same. His eyes lowered as the disappointment on his face was clear, and the light that'd been in his eyes - the glow on his face, had all vanished in that instant and were replaced by a completely dejected expression.

"I.... I... Oh..."

He was clearly incredibly hurt. Shmi knew how important this family dream had been to him, and sure... They did have Jason and he'd had that dream for a few years now, but for a guy like him, the idea of having a child at all, even after that, still made him joyful... Even if it did take a lot more work if they did, and they hadn't had a chance to get everything ready and all that... He hadn't considered a second child much, but when Shmi had said she was pregnant, he'd been steadily getting himself more into the idea, and readied himself for it. He'd been planning, overthinking, busying himself so rapidly in his head, and all of it was for nothing?

Just a cruel joke?

He shook his head as he just stared at her a moment.

"... How could you do that?" He almost-whispered. "There's what I do, simple "Boo" pranks... And then there's this. I... I don't know why...."

He trailed off at the end, and pulled his arms from her as he would turn and just walk away without a word. She had gone too far, way too far, and he seemed visibly hurt by what she'd done.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

Well obviously she expected a reaction similar, but like this no. Her face dropped and she could only look at him while he spoke, and she heard it all in his voice. Maybe she did go too far? She knew it would strike a chord, but she didn't think it would result in this. She felt bad, and so she trailed after him even if he did walk away.

"Josh..." well she figured he wouldn't turn around on the first one, "Josh, wait..." he was much longer than her so his strides allowed for him to cover more ground. She scurried behind him, and she couldn't see his face so she expected the worse.

She reached for his hand and cuffed it into her own. "I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean to cause any harm. I was just...just being playful. I know it was extreme but..."

She swayed from side to side, and her actions became more animated. "Please don't be upset with me. I'm extremely sorry." Well, she didn't want to have to ply tug of war with his arm. She wasn't going to let him walk away, if she had to use all the strength in her little figure she would.

The whole time, he refused to look her in the eye, though the first chance that she did get a look at his eyes, she'd note a glare aimed at her direction as he kept going. The Jedi Master was far from pleased obviously by her cruel trick and he didn't exactly seem to be in the mood to talk. Well, aside from the muffled grumbling under his breath that she might pick out as he would make his way toward the door.

Josh didn't speak a word, but he did stop for a moment when Shmi grabbed his hand. He stopped just a moment, though didn't look back at her before he would abruptly and roughly yank his hand from hers and grip the door handle, hard. He would, apparently furiously, yank the door open hard, though he seemed to have a last minute realization as not to make noise and wake Jason as he would keep from causing the door to make noise at the last moment. Regardless, he would storm outside, seeming to want to get a bit of fresh air to try and calm himself down after what Shmi had done... Or maybe he was planning to just leave for awhile? Who knows with him?

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

All she got was grumbling, glares, and forceful yanks. When he did yank away from her, without even looking back, she stopped moving for a minute and said nothing. Her nostrils flared up, and her eyes shut a moment while she heard the door open and the breeze rush in. She wasn't angry, just a little taken back. She didn't think he'd react like this. She'd never seen him this angry before. But, while she was understand...she was also persistent. Whether he knew it or not, she wasn't going to leave him alone.

She stood in the door way for a second before closing it behind her. She gave him his space. "Josh..." she called out, though apologetic it had a bit of sternness in it. "I'm sorry..."

She slowly followed the steps down until she was on even ground with him but still a few feet away. "I didn't think it would be this serious...I shouldn't have joked about something like that. You know my intentions...."

She figured he'd still say nothing. So, she approached him anyway and tried to look him in his face. "Can you at least look at me...or say something." She tried to reach out with her hand, to place it on his back in order to close the gap between them.

Josh kept walking... He said nothing, didn't answer her verbally, just kept walking. She couldn't see his expression anymore as he ignored Shmi, ignored her words as he would continue into the woods. Not too far from the house at this point, but they were well out of earshot of the house itself. Josh was clearly outright furious at what she'd done. Joke or not, she had been incredibly insensitive, and the "joke" had been outright cruel. Seriously, where the hell did she get off acting like that? He'd never done more than just use the Current and disappear, and then re-appear and scare her!

Speaking of the Current, the moment that Shmi would close the gap between them and try to grab onto his back, Josh would disappear right then and there, and Shmi would grasp nothing but thin air. It seemed that the Jedi Master, in his irritation, had enough of Shmi's words and had disappeared in order to be rid of her pursuit. There'd be no telling where he had gone now... The Current fooled even the senses. She wouldn't be able to see, nor sense where he was...

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

He disappeared, she withdrew her hand as she didn't grab anything but air. From where she was she stomped the ground a few times. "Josh..." she drew out his name, it wasn't in irritation but she didn't want him to be upset let alone by himself and upset. It was a joke, insensitive, but she was genuinely sorry. She made the wrong move clearly, and she wanted his forgiveness. She started to walk back towards their home. He'd have to come back eventually, maybe then once he had cooled off they could talk about the issue.

"Fine. Just go...cool off. I suppose." the last of her words trailed off and she continued towards the compound. She grunted out of frustration, because this wasn't how she wanted it to go at all.

Ugh.

She hated the Current thing though, she had very strong senses and that was one of the things that could undermine them. In situations like this...she despised it because she didn't know where her husband had gone; that bothered her slightly.

Of course, he didn't make her wait long.

She hadn't even gotten back to the compound when Josh would suddenly re-appear behind her, placing both hands on her shoulders.

"ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

He screamed at the top of his lungs from behind her, intending to scare the living daylights out of Shmi. And after that? He would begin to laugh hysterically. Whether she kept herself looking toward the compound, or looked behind her, Josh would wrap his arms around her and bury his face in her shoulder as tears would begin to fall from his face in laughter.

Truthfully, the original reaction, the first part of it, had been legitimate... But after his first bout of disappointment, he had decided to exaggerate his reaction and made it seem as though he were angry, before luring her into the woods so that he could scare her - far worse then ever - without waking Jason. Normally, these more complicated, emotionally-hurtful and rougher pranks were not something he did... He always kept it simple with Shmi. A simple jolt, or just showing up out of nowhere and talking like he'd always been in the room as he had earlier. This particular prank was a once-off, in order to show her an idea of what her rather cruel prank was like on the other end.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She jumped forward, screamed, and assumed the worst when she felt hands grab her from behind. She literally almost had a panic attack, and he'd probably be able to feel her heart beating extremely fast. You'd think that after a life full of Jedi work and being in the military that she'd be use to things much worse...but she'd been away from all of that for so long that she couldn't just slip right into the mindset anymore. she literally got scared...and these types of things happened daily with Josh.

She pushed away and turned around as her hands covered her face. She then leaned forward as her hand came down to rest on her chest.

"Really? Josh!" She was so shook that she had to get her breathing back under control. She pointed at him, "I despise you...I hope you know!" she shook her head for a minute before stepping forward and punching him in his shoulder with whatever strength she had at the moment.

Ugh!

She said nothing else before she started her trek back to the house, she was frustrated but she couldn't yell at him because she asked for it.

He laughed even harder at her reaction. Ohhhh, she had absolutely asked for it. I mean really, what did she expect after that? Honestly, considering the extremity of HER prank, she got off quite easy. There was no pretending to cheat, there was no disappearing for a week, there was no pretending he'd left her, nothing like that. Just feigning mad for like five minutes and then scaring her with the old, classic White Current trick.

It could have been worse, really. Aleidis, when first showing off the Current before she'd taught him how to use it, had gotten them to spar. He had swung at her, and she'd feigned dying using the Current, driving him absolutely batty as a young man thinking he'd killed his crush at the time. That was horrible. But he hadn't done anything even remotely similar to Shmi... Just the simple "boo" with some extra to match at least somewhat what she'd done to him.

He would hold onto her as she punched him and tried to leave, and he would instead, between laughter, wrap his arms around her waist and fall back into the leaves, pulling her with him and beginning to tickle her sides!

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She fell back with him, taken off-guard, but being unable to work up the strength necessary to resist quick enough. She was slightly angry so she tried to hold back the laughter and push away but she couldn't; it was Josh. Regardless she gave up because she wanted to be under him anyway, and she brought all of this on anyway. She turned to him and pinched him before settling into his embrace.

"I'm sorry." She sighed, "But clearly your feeling better to have gone and set all of this up...your such a jerk" she laughed, because despite her best efforts he managed to get her back within a few minutes.

She tugged on his jacket like she always did, and then ran her hand along the length of his jaw before resting it there and looking up at him. "I have to admit that uhm, I was a little nervous because I hadn't ever seen you that angry before. It caught me by surprise."

He ended up continuing to laugh as he continued to tickle her afterword, before finally just resting into her and relaxing against her, smiling as he would trail a handful of kisses along her neck as he would sit up, letting out a deep exhale now that things had finally calmed down.

"It's alright, Shmi" He spoke softly. "But... Seriously though. Never do that again, please" He added, his expression soft but still with a bit of strictness in that from before... "You know how much this sort of thing means to me... And, besides. I've only ever been simple with you for joking around. I have always, always kept it simple. If you want to pull some pranks, make some jokes to get me back, I won't stop you... But please don't go that far again. They hurt. Legitimately. I'd never do that sort of thing to you, and never will, unless you do it first" He would admit. She did seriously need to learn a lesson from this, but he'd gone far easier on her then he could have been.

But he chuckled again and shook his head when she said she had never seen him that angry... "The act? You call that angry? Hun... You've seen far worse from me. Just not directed at you" He spoke with an amused tone of voice. She'd remember in time, he knew... He'd been legitimately angry in her presence, once... A few years ago. But we'll revisit that another day...

For now, he would get to his feet, bringing her up with him. "Oh, and Shmi?" He would remark as he would look over at her.

"... You're gonna get spanked for that stunt, you do know that right?"

He would grin cheekily at that, sticking his tongue out at her.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She did know how much family meant to him, that much was true. She should have really considered it beforehand but accidents happen. She could have used something else that wouldn't have that much of an impact. Next go around? At least the terms were written. She allowed herself to be pulled up as he stood up. Surely she had seen him angry before but it had been a minute and she'd never been the target of his rage. She hoped she never would be...and vice versa. They had a pretty simple relationship, both of them understood what the other needed and it just worked.

She proceeded with dusting herself off, and even going as far to pick grass off of Josh as well. She laughed at what he said at the end...even nodding slowly as a reaction to his grin and tongue being stuck out.

"Oh really now?" She said questioning him, almost as if he weren't serious; she knew he was. "Those are the repercussions? I think I can handle it. Haha." she shook her hand and looked down almost to shield that she was blushing.

She turned and proceeded to walk back towards the home, speaking under her breath enough so that he would hear what she said but not fully, "This is how we ended up with Jason...sooo" she giggled to herself before turning around to see his reaction.

Of course it was good that despite their line of work and how it sometimes affected their relationship, the flirting always made things refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom