Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Quiet the Mind & Mend the Soul

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Room of a Thousand Fountains

room_of_a_thousand_fountains_by_darthtemoc_d6s6och-pre.jpg

[Luric's Soundscape: Meditation Flow]

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force...

Luric remained knelt at the base of a large tree in the Room of a Thousand Fountains, repeating the mantra he'd learned the first first day of his training as a Jedi. His Aunt Teyla had taught it to him, and explained in detail what the words meant, and why they were important to a Jedi. He was but a boy when she had begun to teach him, perhaps only seven or eight years of age at the time. He wasn't entirely sure about it all then, but now, he understood it better than he'd ever had. Throughout his travels off Naboo to Atrisia, Arkana, Tatooine, here upon Coruscant, and back again, he'd faced many a trial and tribulation. As he learned the ancient art of Dueling from his adoptive Aunt and Uncle on Arkana with his half-brother Ardin, it became more and more clear why the words were so important to his life.

His father was a great man, a figurehead within his family. The heir apparent to the Ee'verwest Estate and fortunes. Not that any of the family would ever go without, but his father was something special. At least, that's what his aunts told him. The reality of it was that he never knew his father, as he was murdered in cold blood when Luric was but a small infant, still in swaddling clothes. It haunted his dreams when he slept, and only the mantra of the Jedi Code brought him any solace and respite from such thoughts.

He focused his pain, his anger, his emotions into his saberwork. He only just turned twentyone, yet he had the skills and ability of someone who'd been training twice that long. It was his gift, his brother Ardin had said. And his cousins Briana and Brandyn had always teased that he loved his swords and sabers more than anything else. It was true, to a point. He felt that the better a swordsman he became, the better his ability to protect his family would become. If Luric had one fear, it was that he wouldn't be there when they truly needed him. Unfortunately, that fear had become true to a degree. Before arriving on Coruscant, he'd been on Geonosis. The rocky, arrid planet was perfect for meditation and training for him, and on his brother and biological mother's suggestion, he had gone. Unfortunately, due to the on-going war between the Alliance and the Empire, he'd found himself stuck there, and had no idea of what had happened on Naboo until he was finally off-planet.

Much sadness, regret, and pain had filled his soul. Seeing his cousin Briana again had helped to alleviate it to a degree, but it was not nearly enough. Standing up, Luric took hold of his lightsaber, and ignited it, taking the stance of Vaapad and twisting his saber about in a myriad of attacking strikes. The orange blade of Luric's saber would seemingly flow, the energy intricately locking until it seemed as if he were wielding half a dozen sabers at once. And as he did this, he repeated the words again, and again...

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force...

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.

The last thing that evil wants...

76682.gif

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Foes:
Allies: Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

ROOM OF A THOUSAND FOUNTAINS - JEDI TEMPLE

Caltin did not always find time or space to train in peace and quiet, so he had to find the time and the space. Sure, when he was at home that was one thing as he could “turn the Jedi off” but that was not the case out in the rest of the galaxy. Even being a Master did not always have the perks of being able to work out in solitude. He did have a reputation and stature that afforded him the luxury when and where possible, but this was not always the case. So the big man took to an old favorite. One he used to frequent when he was a steely eyed Knight, bent on saving the universe one fight at a time.

The Room of a Thousand Fountains.

The flowing water, the serene grottos and sounds did often make one have to relieve themselves, to be sure, but no one ever did in here. That would just be gross.

Why did you have to make it weird?

Just telling a story. Anyway he was in the water, letting the rushing fluids power down on top of him as he went through his own exercise. He was not in robes and gear like he usually was, but in shorts. Working with a Bokken and going through motions of his own. Unlike other times, it looked like the man was actually trying to create something. Almost like some kind of technique that was unique to his strengths and fighting style. It would be going along a lot better if he did not hear the Jedi Code every few moments. Not that this was bad, it was just distracting. This last time he had heard it was enough to stop the big man in his tracks and send him searching for the source.

It was not in his head, someone else was here.

It was Luric the “Ronin” who was working on his own technique. It looks like he was trying his hand at Vaapad… the problem is he was doing so in a way that was going to hurt if you practiced it like this for too long.

Don’t be so stiff. Let the lightsaber guide you.

He looked weird, barefoot, dripping wet and only in shorts… but he was still a Jedi Master.

... is my undivided attention.

Last edited:

"...chaos, yet harmo- "

It was as Master Vanagor's voice echoed through his mind that Luric faltered, and ended up impaling the ground with his still-ignited lightsaber. His head snapped sideways, and was met with a most odd sight indeed. The Jedi Battlemaster known as Caltin Vanagor was standing there, wearing only a pair of shorts, dripping wet from the waters of one of the myriad waterfalls and holding a wood bokken, which Luric instantly recognized. Nearly tripping over himself, he reached down and took hold of the saber's hilt, deigniting the blade and clipping it back to the loop on his left hip.

He felt foolish, but moreso he felt a pang of joy and happiness. He'd not seen Caltin for some time now, and it did the young Atrisian Jedi's heart good to see him once more. He was a valuable teacher, a wise mentor, and a trusted friend. So, of course, Luric would take his advice in kind, although perhaps having a bokken of his own would have been a smarter move than his lightsaber. He adjusted his robes slightly, and bowed respectfully to the larger Jedi in front of him.

"Master Vanagor! It is good to see you again. I do hope I've not put you off from your own exercises..."

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Clearly he was caught off guard. Luric was not the type to just trip over like that. Oh well, it was a good teacher for him to learn to keep his senses active and to open his mind. Sure, Vanagor often read as "Force Dead" to others, but that did not mean that one should not be aware of their surroundings. It was not important now but it would only help him on other days and in other scenarios when it was potentially life-threatening. The thing about his concern for the big man's training, it was easier to get less and less training in when you already know what you are doing and capable of.

That made absolutely no sense.

It did to me, so all is good.

Don't worry about me in that regard. What brings you back to Coruscant? Not that it is a bad thing...

tag: Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Luric had to smile at that, as Master Vanagor had always had a way with words. He was indeed a good man, and a better teacher. He nodded as Caltin dismissed the comment about interrupting his exercises. It surprised him, to say the least, to hear him ask such a question. He thought it common knowledge of his supposed 'death', but then again, Master Vanagor must have had much on his plate, with the war going on as it was. He could only imagine the great strain of being a Battlemaster in times like these.

"Ah, well, apparently, I was listed as K.I.A. on Naboo. I came back to Coruscant to find my cousin, Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren , as well as to firmly establish that my heart still beats."

Luric laughed just a bit, he always was more jovial than most, even when trying his best to be respectful. He couldn't help it. He had been though so much in his life, from the moment he was born. Loss, sadness, and pain seemed to haunt him everywhere he went, and only his resolve not to let it get the best of him kept him centered. That, and a strong cup of tea. But that would come later, perhaps. For now, he wondered what other lesson he might learn from the large, boulder of a Jedi.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated”, eh? Don’t ask me where I got that from, I have no idea, it just sounds “right.”

As the big man wondered just what could have happened for the young man to be mistaken for being “lost,” he did not dwell on it much. There was more to the dynamic that the two were in right now and he really paid more attention to that. The massive Jedi Master found it curious that the Padawan wanted to establish that he was still alive, he could be sensed and that was enough, but such is life right?

Whatever that means.

Have you found her? Perhaps I could help. Maybe get another Sal-Soren I met recently… @Brandy Sal-Soren to help…

TAG: @Luric Ee'everwest

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom