Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question To Original Mandalorian Roleplayers

Those of you who Roleplayed Mandalorians before The Mandalorian, have you seen a very large influx of Mandalorian characters after the show came out? Has it been frustrating with so many new people? I'm curious to the Mandalorian community and their genuine thoughts, since Mandalorian and their culture haven't been super focused in mainstream media before this, from what I recall.

I wrote a Mandalorian elsewhere starting in 2008 and having that at the core of my character until about 2013, on there I saw a large amount constantly coming and going from Mando RP.
As for Chaos I was only involved for a very short time with one incarnation of the Mandalorian major factions and that was around 2017 I think it was, but I have seen a large number of Mando writers come of many stripes and go since I joined here in 2015. I am personally always interested to see how people percieve the code and how it influences their writing whether as a new writer or simply a new member here.

I've written Mandalorians on and off for years. My first family of 'em way back years ago on another site where the Mandalorian population was pretty small, the patriarch was an alternate clone template; pretty intimidating man, I used Dolph Lundgren for his playby.

There's always been a not-small to sizeable contingent of Mandalorian characters on Chaos since the very beginning, far as I can tell - been here since late January 2014 (my 10 year anniversary approaches!), got involved with Mandalorians on an individual clan level (Clan Rekali) and with one to two of the major/active Mando factions that's existed in the past, with my own small, unique clan (Clan Quez), and with someone else's small clan (Clan Ahn-Dross).

But haven't been much involved with Mando RP since a good while prior to The Mandalorian, so I can't speak to whether that has caused a significant influx at all, or if it's simply brought things back up to prior levels.

Last edited:
My first Star Wars RPG char was a Mandalorian/Jensaarai hybrid created using the Wizards of the Coast Saga Edition table top ruleset, before the Mandalorian came out, though I think I may have joined this site around the same time it came out. But honestly, it's all the same to me. I don't care why a person wants to play a Mando. It's fun either way.

I have never RP’d a Mando. But I was on an RPG board when George Lucas introduced his own take on the Mando lore in The Clone Wars. Karen Traviss fans caused QUITE the kerfuffle. If you didn’t have the Mando language in your signature, you were not a real Mando. After seeing that, I just stayed away.

Sorry it has nothing to do with the OP. Just brought back a memory. >.>

I also wrote Mandos on another board long before it became cool because of the Mandalorian.

But since it launched, it gave a lot of non-mando writers the courage to write mando too, so i think it's actually a good thing that there are more people writing them now.

Yeah some people may do something that you don't personally agree with sometimes, but that's the case with anything in written RP. If The Mandalorian garners in more writers in general, then it's a good thing

I think i've been writing a Mando since i've started RPing over two decades ago roughly, when they were a barely fleshed out thought. I've seen various books, comics, or such draw in interest. I've made dozens of cosplays and props centered on them. Spoke with Karen Travissat length about beskad just so I could make sure I forged it right in my shop, and frustratingly been told there was no real right shape or form.

I'm no authority on Mando-ness. No one is. They're one of the more diverse and fluid identities in Star Wars, and that is what draws most of us in. If the show brings new writers, or the movie or some other bit down the line? The more the merrier!

This character is by no means a true Mando, but I was familar with the language and culture with since 2009. My first real foray into Mandalorian culture was Canderous in KotoR. I still have not seen The Mandalorian, which lots of folks have roasted me for. KotoR is my passion, so most of my Star Wars knowledge comes from there and the films. (And Wookiepedia.)

Last edited:
I've been writing this Mando on and off for the best part of ten years, and I've only recently come back to the board so I can't say I noticed much of an influx. I don't in anyway thinks its frustrating when I do come across those writers whose knowledge comes from The Mandalorian, if anything it just add another layer to the vast amount of lore that's out there. Every mandalorian is different, every clan has their own ways and i love that diversity

Thanks, to all of you. These answers have really helped. I had thought of the Mandalorian sphere as a niche corner, that people would be angry for new people poking into. I didn't feel like I wouldn't be welcomed, but, maybe you understand I didn't know how wet I coukd get my feet in without the water getting too warm.

Now I understand it is welcomed here, so I'd like to write in the Mandalorian sphere. With Treoff, even. I will of course have the utmost respect I can.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks, to all of you. These answers have really helped. I had thought of the Mandalorian sphere as a niche corner, that people would be angry for new people poking into. I didn't feel like I wouldn't be welcomed, but, maybe you understand I didn't know how wet I coukd get my feet in without the water getting too warm.

Now I understand it is welcomed here, so I'd like to write in the Mandalorian sphere. With Treoff, even. I will of course have the utmost respect I can.

Thanks a bunch!

Look forward to writing with you!

I think it comes and goes. People get inspired to write what's popular, or what's new and fresh. Get things moving in creative people's minds to see other creative endeavors. Same thing I imagine with Jedi characters and when cool new Jedi stuff comes out, or Star Wars stuff in general. The Mandalorian just got people's minds moving and thinking "hey I can write this". At least, it provided new stuff.

Like other people said, there's no right way to write a Mandalorian. There's certainly objectively better takes, but the Mandalorian culture is so vast that it's hard to say what's better or worse. Plus, Mandalorians are, in my opinion, once you get into the fandom of Star Wars- pretty central characters. They're just cool.

Space Spartans with cool helmets and warrior mentalities- what's not to love?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom