Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Build Again

Tags: | Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck |

-----------

There had been a little difficulty getting the Ugnaughts into the speeder. They were small, and Anora didn't want to put hands on them or seem like she was attempting to rough handle them. But once they were all in, including herself, she helped to get them settled and then they were off. Despite the fact that her partner was speaking to himself, Nora caught it, and her brow creased as she looked over at him. "You had good intentions." she assured him, but left it at that. Nora watched their tail, making sure they weren't immediately being followed, and for the moment they weren't.

When they arrived to reunite the aliens, Anora hopped out of the speeder and kicked it for good measure once everyone was out of it. Her head shook once, and then she turned herself around so that she could watch the scene unfolding. "Whoa, whoa...Where are we going to take--" but it didn't matter. She saw the little child cling to Tyran's leg, and the brunette sighed slowly through her nose.

Great, now they were a taxi service on top of everything else. But the comment that came from Tyran made her shake her head once again. "No you wouldn't," she retort. "For one thing, your wrists aren't strong enough to lift me long enough to throw me. Secondly," her head tipped and she loft a brow even though he couldn't see it. "What would you do without me?"

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando

numeck_skullprime.png

If there was anything on Tyran that was weak it was his patience with Anora at the moment. He just clenched his fist and pointed a finger at her and let out a frustrated growl as he turned and walked away before she made him pop a blood vessel. He went and leaned against the wall and waited for the Ugnaughts to grab their things and he didn't say anything to Anora at all. He knew he wasn't old, he wasn't young any more but he damn sure wasn't that old man she was making it seem like he was and the jokes were starting to get under his skin. He knew she knew that too.

The Ugnaughts came out of the front of the building with some bags packed, way more than was essential but since they'd packed it all rather quickly Tyran didn't say anything. He actually found it a little suspicious that they had all this stuff packed so quickly. He was going to find out what these Ugnaughts were really into before he took them anywhere.

"Where are we going to go?" The kid asked him as the group started to walk back towards the spaceport.

"I'll take you to the next planet with a major traveling hub, from there you'll be on your own." Tyran said to the kid and to her parents as well. "Before you even ask, no you're not coming back to our destination with us." He deactivated the defense mechanisms of his ship and actually smiled behind his helmet as the kid looked up at the ship in a bit of awe.

"This isn't a regular freighter...." She said as he ramp lowered and she rushed up it. Tyran tried to reach out and grab her before she could get into something explosive but she was too small and too quick. He turned his head in a subtle direction to look at Anora in a warning gesture.

"Anora get these three settled in the crew quarters for now, I'll get us set for lift off." He sighed as he walked towards the front of the ship and raised its shields before sitting in the pilot's chair and removing his helmet. He brought up the star chart and found the nearest planet with a large spaceport for the Ugnaughts to disappear into. The nearest one was a four hour jump in the opposite direction of Roon.

Once he was cleared with the ATC Tower he brought the ship up out of its berth and kicked them up into orbit. He laid in the course on the nav computer and activate the jump to lightspeed. He stood up from the chair and went back to his armory and removed the beskar he was wearing. He flexed his arms to shake the slight ache from his shoulders. He looked down at his fists and flexed his fingers with a sigh and then took a hard swing at the punching bag he had put a hurting on earlier. He started to hit it over and over taking out his new frustrations on the bantha hide object.

"Should you be doing that if you have weak wrists?" A voice said and he turned around to see the tiny Ugnaught child sitting on a ammo crate.

"Beat it kid, you shouldn't be in here." He said to the kid as he went over to his work station and cleaned it up just so he wouldn't have to interact with the child.

"I like exploring things and this ship is way nicer than anything I'm used to flying on. It doesn't shake." The kid said as she looked at all the weaponry in the room. "You got a lotta guns."

"I got a lot of enemies." He sighed and walked over to the kid and picked her up by the back of her shirt like she was nothing and set her down on the floor. "Go be with your parents." He said and then an idea hit him. "Wait, I'll give you the full tour of the ship but you got to answer a few questions for me first okay? Why were your parents so eager to leave Ryloth, they didn't argue with me or anything?"

"We move a lot. This will be our fourth time setting up somewhere new in almost a year." The kid said without any real care. "I just want to settle down somewhere for a while and make some friends that I can know for more than a few weeks."

Tyran huffed. There was something else going on with these Ugnaughts and he was going to get to the bottom of it. "Go find my friend, tell her I told you that she could make you something to eat. I'm gonna go talk with your parents and tell them where we'll be dropping you three okay? Help yourself to anything in the freezer, whatever you want kid." He said and gave her that Numeck smirk before he turned her and gave her a light shove out of the armory. When she was gone the smirk vanished and was replaced with something dangerous as he stood up and went to go find the two adult Ugnaughts.

======
TAG: Anora Vahn Anora Vahn

Tags: | Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck |

-----------

Ah there it was, the moment where the jokes and teasing touched a nerve. It was a sensation that Anora knew far too well, and honestly to see the reaction felt a little vindicating. "Oop, grandpa needs a nap." she let out, and the smirk could be heard in her tone, though as she moved to step past Tyran, she did turn so that she was walking backwards and looking at him again. Her hands came up in a surrendering gesture, though there was no hiding the amusement laced in her words. "Alright, that's the last one, I promise. For now."

If there was one thing Nora knew how to do, it was dish out sass, and she had proved today that she was no longer just rolling over and letting opportunities pass. She had played the mindful, responsive partner for years, and it had done nothing but make her miserable in the long run. So now? What was the point? It was a lot easier to just roll with the punches.

But once the Ugnaughts were ready, Nora's attention diverted and she stared for a moment. Why...did they have so much stuff so quickly? Her gaze bounced briefly to Tyran, but she didn't say anything for the moment considering he was crabby with her now - deservedly so, and instead made way back towards the spaceport. She easily brought up the rear, making sure everyone got to where they were supposed to be and on board the ship to boot. As soon as they got on board, the brunette's helmet was pulled off and she made her way towards the armory first thing.

She had only just gotten her armor removed when the space was invaded, and she didn't stick around to get into any more fussing matches with Tyran, though she did pause at the door. "You should take something for the aches," she told him, "And no, that's not an old man jab." she made sure to add before ducking out of the room.

One thing was for sure, Nora was ready to go home. Be in her own room, in her own bed, and just...not worry about saving other people for a while. Speaking of...She felt the little eyes on her before she actually caught sight of the alien child, but once she did the conversation was sort.

"Food, hm? I think we can manage that." she grinned, "This way." she gestured and then led the way towards the kitchenette so that she could in fact get the kiddo something to eat. Clearly Tyran was up to something, and this was a distraction for the little one. Not ideal, but she was pretty sure she'd be filled in soon enough.

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

Tyran found the two adult ugnaughts in the crew quarters and he shut the bulkhead door behind him rather forcefully and the conversation they'd been having between themselves came to a sudden stop as they jumped on their bunk at his arrival. "Where is our daughter?!" the fiesty junk shop owner yelled at him and Tyran shoved him back down into the bunk. The little guy wasn't so tough with out his giant laser gun now.

"Your daughter is being fed by my friend. She is fine, right now you should have other concerns. I want to know what you're up to." Tyran said and he wasn't asking either. His Mandalorian armor did all kinds of wonders when it came to intimidation but the way his forearms rippled when he crossed his arms over his chest and the aggressive glare his eyes took when he meant business worked just as well.

The ugnaught sputtered at him. "I do not know what you mean."

"Yes you do. Who leaves a big junkyard operation like yours without an argument unless they're into some shady stuff and have some big players after them?" Tyran said. "You either owe money to someone and can't pay it back, or you stole something from someone you shouldn't have and now they're looking for it. So which one is it?" He said and looked between the two aliens and when he didn't get an answer he smacked one of the metal railings of the bunks and made the ugnaughts squeal with the loud clang.

"You are on my ship and I will shove you both in an airlock and jettison you into hyperspace if you don't tell me what I want to know."

"My husband used to be a slicer for a smuggling cartel, we saw an opportunity to get out from under them, when we left we stole some credits from them so we'd have something to get by on." The wife said much to the despair of the husband.

"How many credits and which cartel?" Tyran sighed as he looked down at the floor and regretted taking this job even more with each passing second.

"The Loa Cartel...I took about for hundred thousand from them." the shop owner said quietly and Tyran let out long sigh.

"Here's what is going to happen, you're going to stay here and not touch anything. I will get you somewhere safe and find a way to get you new identities. I have some people who owe me favors, but I recommend you head into the Core, somewhere Loa doesn't have a presence, if you stay out here then you don't have a chance." He told them and then left the crew quarters to go and inform Anora of just what kind of situation they had walked into.

======

Tags: Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck

-----------

It was one thing to feel eyes on you, to have that paranoia of being watched, whether you actually were or not. It was another thing entirely to feel those eyes and know that you weren't crazy. Anora knew the little Ugnaught child was watching her, probably just as skeptical of the brunette as she was of it. While Nora didn't have any qualms with the little alien, that didn't mean she was dumb enough to let her guard down for any given reason. Little things often packed a powerful punch, after all.

But, she managed to make a meal appealing enough for the child to not only accept, but start eating, and it was done without any sort of attacks happening. So that at least allowed Nora to relax and turn herself to lean against the surface she had been using the make the meal in the first place. She had her hands braced behind herself, watching the kid eat.

At least until she caught sight of Tyran. Then the brunette's gaze shifted, and while at first she had some witty commentary about how he looked like he needed a nap, the quip died at the tip end of her tongue when she saw the look on his face and could almost tangibly feel the emotion radiating off of him. It caused Nora's brow to pull down in the middle and a frown to tug down the corner edges of her mouth.

"What happened?" Whatever it was, she already didn't like it.

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

Tyran motioned for Anora to follow him over to his armory so the kid wouldn't hear what they were saying. He rubbed his face with his hands and suddenly felt as tired as he looked as he turned around to look at her. "They're on the run from the Loa Cartel, the shabuir who almost turned me into a pile of ash stole about four hundred thousand from them and then made a split for it and they've been moving from place to place ever since." He sighed and shook his head and looked at the tiny ugnaught eating blissfully unaware for the moment of what kind of trouble she was really in.

"We have to find somewhere to stash these three for a while. The best I can do for them is set them up with new identities and then wish them luck but that's going to take a couple of days. If they didn't have a kid with them I'd boot them out the airlock right now." Tyran scratched the back of his head. "Just leaving them high and dry with a kid in this situation doesn't sit right with me. Keep an eye on the parents, especially the father...he was a slicer. I don't need him causing any trouble with the ship right now. She's beat up enough as it is. I need to catch a couple winks so I'll be in the cockpit."

He sighed and walked past the Force user and made his way to the front of the ship and sat down in the pilots chair, propping his armored feet up on the control console and began to play with his combat knife for a while. Maybe ten or twenty minutes later Tyran got that feeling when you know you're being watched and he slowly turned his head to find the tiny ugnaught child creeping into the cockpit and trying to scramble up into the co-pilot's chair. Tyran watched her fail at it for a few seconds before he reached over and grabbed her by the back of her shirt and lifted her up into the chair with one hand.
"How'd you get in here?" He asked her. "I locked that door."

"The lock was easy to pick." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was no big deal. "I've never been in the front of a starship before." She said as she looked out at the blue waves of hyperspace with big eyes.

Damn it. Tyran huffed internally to himself.
"Well, you can stay up here for a while but don't touch anything." He muttered as he shut down all the co-pilot controls so she couldn't do something to cause disaster. His ship had taken enough of a beating already. Every now and then Tyran would catch her flipping switches that no longer had power and when she knew she'd been caught she shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"It's quiet up here. I don't like it." She said as she looked around the cockpit.

"I like quiet." Tyran mumbled and opened one eye to look over at the kid. "Why don't you go get some sleep? It is late."

"How do you know what time it is we're in hyperspace?" She said back. "It could be morning on whatever planet we're going to."

Tyran let his head drop back against the headrest of his seat. "Can't I just have one woman in my life who doesn't give me a headache? Just one please?!"

======

-----------

There was a long moment where Anora just simply stood there and stared at Tyran. She had followed him away from the Ugnaught child and into the armory, but now all she could do was stare. Some part of it was attempting to process the information he had just dumped into her lap, another part of it was wondering how much of the ship they would tear apart if she Force'd him into the airlock. A low groan finally broke her silence and her eye contact, and the brunette lifted a hand to pinch the bridge of her nose firmly. She could feel the headache already as it started to form. "I have got to stop hanging out with you..." she grumbled, and while they both knew that would never happen - they were stuck with one another - that didn't change the sentiment any.

She sighed heavily, then lifted both hands so that she could rake her fingers through the locks of her hair slowly. "Stash them..." she repeat, though it wasn't to be obnoxious. She was processing, trying to follow along with what had been said to her. "Where are we going to stash them, Tyran? If they've been on the run this long and keep getting found? Stashing them, with new identities or not, clearly isn't going to work."

Though...that wasn't really their problem, was it? The child being in danger wasn't ideal of course, but that didn't change the truth of the matter. But, he had set his mind on the fact and Nora rolled her eyes at him but waved a dismissive hand and then watched him walk away. "Yeah, sure...I'll babysit. Not like I'm tired too." she groused, but left it at that.

For a time, Anora had did as she was told. The adult pair of Ugnaughts didn't seem intent to leave the room they were hiding out in now any time soon, but she had lost sight of the kid. A fact that made her huff out a sigh and then go in search of the young Ugnaught. And of course she found her exactly where she shouldn't be. The brunette paused in the entrance way, folded her arms, and leaned against the door. "Wow," she let out, then shook her head and straightened herself up. "C'mon kiddo. Grandpa here needs a painkiller and a nap, and I'll find you some kind of dessert - and give you extra if you leave him alone."

She didn't wait for a reaction, she just moved away from the door and headed back out of view. The kid would follow or she wouldn't, but Nora wasn't going to stick around and keep being a headache.

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

Ty looked over his shoulder as Anora left the cockpit. "She can stay you go get some sleep." He said to her knowing she was tired and needed her rest. Tyran had managed to get as much sleep as he was going to until they landed so he'd watch the kid for a while. He'd thought about what Anora had said about it being impossible for these people to vanish, sure if they kept doing it how they were doing it it would only be a matter of months or so before the Trandoshans came calling again looking for them. Tyran had resources though, he knew people who had no love for the Loa cartel who owed him some favors.

If the cartel caught up with these ugnaughts after Tyran had made them vanish...well then the ugnaughts deserved to be caught because it meant they did something that got them found out. As long as they stuck to the rules Tyran gave them he was certain they'd just disappear into the cosmos never to be seen again. Tyran sat in the pilot's chair and watched the kid mess around with the powered down switches before he stood up and went back to his armory to tinker with some stuff and the ugnaught child followed him like a lost puppy. Tyran didn't usually have a lot of patience but he did his best with kids, it was adults who he usually had no time for. She asked him questions about the various weapons on the walls and the ones on the desk and he answered all of them as she asked them.

At least it was giving him something to do other than just sit and think in silence. It wasn't until a few hours later that the kid finally fell asleep in one of the chairs he had in his workspace. The navcomputer began to chime though and woke her from her all too brief slumber and it took Tyran a couple minutes to calm the kid down enough to get her to realize where she was. With a reaction to a gentle chime like that he began to wonder just what in the hell this kid had been through since her parents had started running from the cartel. Once he got her to know she was safe he stood up and went to wake up Anora.

Since the crew quarters was occupied at the moment he found her sleeping in the lounging area of the ship stretched out on the circular couch that served as a card table and dining table all in one. He gave the couch a small kick but it did nothing to wake her so he gave it a more forceful kick. "Hey, we're almost at the station, time to get dressed and get these three somewhere safe." He said to her as he walked back towards the front of the ship. "I've got an idea."

======

-----------

Anora had paused, half turning to look back into the cockpit at Tyran first, the child, and then back again. She seemed to debate her options for a moment, and then turned away again so that she could go and get some much needed rest. She was tired, she had been tired for quite some time now. It wasn't that she wasn't sleeping, because she was, but at times her dreams did not end well. Other times sleep was just not restful. It was never something she said anything about, never something she complained or groused about. Silence was easier than trying to explain what she did not understand herself.

So the chance to rest was not passed up on. Granted, the quarters she would have usually retreated to were occupied, which led her instead to the couch in the lounge area. Nora wasn't picky, and it was comfortable enough for her to not only fall still as soon as she was settled, but drift off not minutes later. And perhaps not so surprisingly, she slept deeply. Enough activity had kept her busy and tired, and that allowed her to sleep undisturbed.

At least until a sharp jolt against the couch yanked her right back to the surface of consciousness. "What?" her voice was startled, still thickened with sleep, and slightly disoriented. "What happened?" But Tyran's answer made her groan softly and throw an arm up over her eyes. Hadn't she just gone to sleep? There was no way they had gone that far already...

But Nora sighed out, dropped her arm, and then got up. It took her a moment to get herself situated, to orient herself properly, but she eventually followed in Tyran's wake. "Alright," she yawned out once she was close enough and lifted a hand to rub one of her eyes. "What's the plan?"

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

"I've got a contact on the station, guy owes me a few favors" Tyran said as he walked over to one of the cabinets and pulled a bottle of water from it and drank. "Works for another crime syndicate that has no love for Loa. Before you say anything I'm not going to tell him about the ugnaughts are slicers, just that they ruffled some feathers and since they got a kid I can't leave them high and dry." He pointed a large finger at her and scowled. "You make one more old man joke or something about me getting sentimental and I WILL throw you out an airlock." He took his water and walked to his armory and began to put on his armor and lock himself back inside his beskar shell. He wasn't old, he was just exhausted, it had been a very rough couple weeks and he just needed a nice vacation.

Never used to need vacation though, did you? Used to be able to go ten standard cycles before needing even a wink of sleep and then even after that you'd still be good for another three cycles. Face it you are getting old. A voice said in the back of his head but he ignored it and strapped all his gear back on and gave his sidearms a customary twirl before slamming them into his holsters.

"Woah! can you teach me how to do that?!" The ugnaught child said as she peered in through the bulkhead, half hiding behind it. Tyran rolled his eyes as he grabbed his helmet and stepped past the girl.

"Sorry kid, not today. Gotta get you and your family squared away that way I can get back to my business and somehow do it without being murdered in my sleep by a Force user." He muttered, that last part more to himself than anything else. He brought the ship into a docking pattern with the station and had one more conversation with another less than enthused traffic controller. Once they were locked in with the station Tyran got up and motioned for the girl to follow him as he went to find her parents in the back. "Okay so here is the plan, I've got someone who owes me a few favors and he's gonna hear me out and then you three will be ghosts, as long as you stick to what he tells you to do. New identities, new backgrounds, the works. Loa will never be able to find you as long as you stick to the stories he gives you. If you ignore him and do whatever you want...well what happens after that is on you. This is the best chance you're ever going to get at disappearing and I wouldn't waste it."

With that said he walked towards the airlock and hit the seal retractor and after a brief hiss, the door gave way and they transferred over into the station without any incident. It was one of a few hundred thousand similar stations littered across the hyperspace lanes where travelers and mercs of all kinds could stop for a drink, swap stories and trade their goods they had collected. It was also a great place to conduct clandestine meetings like this because nobody ever wanted to no anyone else's business. Which was perfect for what Tyran and his group were trying to do.
"No helmets," He said to Anora. "He's going to want to see our faces." It wasn't a bad tactic either, it was much harder to read what a Mandalorian was going to do when they were hidden behind that visor.

Tyran took them to a small noodle stand being run by a rather ragged looking Toydarian who had definitely seen better days, but the man sitting with his back to Tyran didn't seem to mind the state of the owner of the noodle stand at all. "A little risky sitting with your back turned like that don't you think?"

======

Gh20Uog.jpg

Raylen​

Raylen looked up over his shoulder and smirked widely at the dark clad Mandalorian and the group trailing behind him. “Why should I be worried? Not everybody has a list of enemies as long as you do.” He laughed as he stood up and looked at the pair of Mandalorians and then at the three ugnaughts and nodded his head as if it was an ordinary sight.

“Okay, I’ll bite. How’d this all happen?” He said and the Mandalorian sat down and explained the situation to him. He was sure that Tyran was leaving out a few bits of information here and there, the Loa cartel wouldn’t be after three tiny ugnaughts just for any old reason. There was definitely more to the story than his friend here was letting on. “Alright, so they’re on the run and Loa keeps finding them and you saw the kid and got soft and want to help them disappear, so that’s why you brought them to me? Ya know, since I have ties to the Morellos and can make that kind of thing happen.”

He sat back in his chair and grinned. Strong ties was an understatement, Raylen was a very big deal in the Morello Crime Syndicate. He was the right hand guy who did a lot of the dirty work for the organization so their leader could keep her hands clean.

“Alright I’ll make the little aliens disappear, one reason being I hate Loa and the other reason is this makes us square for that mishap on Corellia.”

rvDvMz.png

-----------

The words had been right there, right there on the tip end of Anora's tongue, and she bit them back - literally - though grinned if only for a moment. He was onto her with the old man jokes, and yet he kept leaving himself wide open for them. "No you won't." she shot back instead, though followed her partner without a hitch to the armory. "Besides, your wrists are too frail, and I'm not sure you can move fast enough to catch me." she smirked at him, broadly as she stepped past so that she could start putting her own armor back on.

Pretty soon she was going to have to start keeping score of all these shots fired.

But for the time being, she let Tyran stew and instead focused on what she was doing. She heard the little Ugnaught child, but only glanced briefly in that direction before her focus was forward again. In all honesty, Anora was tired as well, though she had no idea Tyran was more or less thinking the same thing. She may not have been doing all of this for near as long as he had been, but here lately? It seemed like they were constantly on the go. Even being at home wasn't safe, or a place to rest, and something as simple as making a supply run had turned into another misadventure.

She sighed as she grabbed her helmet but didn't pull it onto her head yet. She did make her way to the cockpit and her brow creased at the sight of the place they were apparently docking. "Not sure I wanna know how you tracked some friend of yours here of all places." She didn't wait for a comeback however, and instead stepped away so that she could go and wait for them to be docked properly. And once they were? Well, Tyran's commentary about the helmet certainly didn't make her feel any better. What sort of friend was this that kept Tyran of all people from putting his helmet on?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Despite this, Nora followed along, double checking to make sure the Ugnaughts were also in tow. And once they reached this supposed place of business? Well...

Both of the brunette's brows lofted and her eyes widened just a hair when this stranger (to her) turned around to face the lot of them. Curiosity grew, though the biggest question of all surfaced before Nora could stop it from doing as such. "What happened on Corellia?" Never mind the rest of the conversation that had been taking place.

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

Tyran gave her a look that said it all. "That's not a story for children to hear." He said and then looked back at Raylen. "Alright, we're even for Corellia but I still have more than enough favors to call in from you. I thought you crime boss types were supposed to be discreet?" He grinned at the mobster and passed off the ugnaughts to the man. He felt bad for the kid and wished there was more he could do for her but he wasn't about to separate a kid from her parents even if it was probably better for her, that wasn't his place to do that. Not one for big goodbyes Tyran just gave the kid a wink and then pulled on his helmet and disappeared back into that cold empty world of being a faceless bounty hunter once more.

"Come on, lets get that shield generator on the ship replaced and then get back to Roon before anything else happens." He sighed. "You ever get the feeling that our lives are being written by some cruel mir'shebe and they just keep giving us headache after headache to deal with?" He asked her as they walked down the large pathways of the station and back to the airlock. It just never seemed like they were able to catch a break and the exhaustion of non stop fighting and near death experiences was starting to wear on him.

He had just decided that he was going to pay for someone to fix the shield generator on the ship and then just lock himself inside of it until it was time to leave and they arrived back at Roon to see just what exactly had happened to his compound while they had been away. He highly doubted that Garryn had managed to get too much done, he was more the type to stand there and look intimidating than give orders, maybe Savah had been able to keep things mostly reigned in enough to get some work done she loved being bossy. No actual repairs could be made to the place until he and Anora returned with the supplies but there was PLENTY of rubble that could cleared.

"I'm gonna go talk to the station mechanic and figure out how much its going to cost. Would you turn the comms back on and see if Garryn or Dyir or any of the others have tried to reach us?" He asked her. "I'd prefer to know beforehand if something else has gone horribly wrong on Roon before we get there."

======

-----------

That was it? That's all this whole thing was? Just a few quick quips, and exchange of bodies, and then they were free and clear? Why...did that not sit well with Anora? And why couldn't all of their business deals go that quick and smoothly? Still, she gave the other guy a shrug, waved to the Ugnaught child, and then she turned and followed after Tyran. Her helmet was then put onto her head as well, and she picked up her pace only long enough to be able to match stride with him.

"Alright so, what happened on Corellia?" she repeated, smirking behind the helmet. "And don't tell me that you can't say now. There are no children present." Naturally he seemed to deflect, and while Anora was definitely ready to go home and get all of this put behind her, this was not a subject that she was going to let die so easily. Not in the least. Shady deals that got Tyran favors owed with someone like that? Oh yeah, she needed to know this story.

For now however, her focus at least shifted to the task at hand. When he asked for her to check their communications, Nora nodded. "Yeah, I can do that." she assured him. No point in fussing with him about it, especially considering that if they split up they could get twice the amount of stuff done, and then they could be on their way home. "Go do what you need to, I'll go and see if we need to just bail and leave the others stranded on Roon." she waved a hand at him and headed towards the ship.

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

Tyran sighed as he kept walking past the hangar. "You're going to harp about Corellia until I tell you what happened aren't you?" He shook his head and made his way to the maintenance deck. "You'll be shocked to learn that my dear baby brother pulled me into one of his schemes, told me he had a bodyguard contract that was a little out of his depth and the creds were worth my time. Against my better judgement I went down there, Rixa had gotten himself involved with some shady crime organization. That wasn't the bad part though, I've dealt with my fair share of those groups in my career. I didn't know they were smuggling spice and deathstix into the system though and I only found that out when my ship was stopped by the local authorities and discovered it had been loaded with crates of the drugs. I wound up in jail, Rixa vanished and that's where I met Raylen."

Tyran found the mechanic and took a few minutes to tell him what his ship needed repaired and then paid the Mon Calamari engineer and turned and left back towards the hangar.
"Raylen is good at a lot of things, breaking out of jail wasn't one of them. I on the other hand know how to conduct a break out every now and then. He told me he could help me get my ship and armor back if I got him out of prison and back to his group, so we made a deal and busted out of prison together. He helped me get my things and I got him back to his people. They even paid me for the effort so me and him have kept in contact over the years."

He made his way up the ramp of the Tal'galaar and removed his helmet and locked the door behind him. He was done working for the next few days until he got back home and dealt with all that crap. Then he found Anora and shrugged. "I've got hundreds of stories like that though, you don't think my life just got this interesting after you got involved do you?" He grinned at her as he moved to the front of the ship. "Any calls?"

======

-----------

The question posed to her about her not dropping the subject made Anora nod her head, even if Tyran could no longer see her doing as such since they had separated. "Yeah, I'll keep asking until you give me the goods." she shrugged her shoulders, though once she was aboard the Tal'galaar, she let out a sigh. For just a moment she looked around, took the time to feel the place, and then she moved towards the front of the ship. Though by then Tyran had actually started to tell her the story - which honestly surprised her a bit. She figured she'd have to keep on until he was ready to kill her before she got it out of him.

"Go figure," she comment about Rixa being the lead in to said story. Nora listened as Ty went on, and she took the time to check the ship comms to see if anything had come in from the others. Nothing from them, but there was a message for her to let her know that something she had been invested in was nearly done and completed. No details - just like she wanted it to be - just the information that it would be finished soon and she would be notified when all was said and done. Perfect! Finally, some semi-good news. Though as far as the others went, no news could be good news too, she supposed.

However, there was a detail to Tyran's story that gave the brunette pause. She half turned as if she could see her partner, her brow creased and for just a moment her lips puckered. "Jail?" she finally comment, and made a noise in her throat that was somewhere between thoughtful and intrigued. "Oddly enough, the idea of the pair of you chained up as prisoners is super appealing..."

She didn't say anything more about that however, and instead waited for him to get aboard the ship. Only then did she pull her helmet off. "Sounds to me like you're all tangled up in a crime boss web. And I'm not so sure interesting is the right word to use..." she stated to him with a teasing smirk, and then stepped past him so that she could go to the armory and start taking her armor off. "Also no, no messages from the others. Hopefully that means nothing has gone awry and not that they completely demolished the place beyond comm calls."

Tyran Numeck

numeck_skullprime.png

Tyran just gave her a look as he dropped down into the pilots chair. "You've seen me chained up as a prisoner, or has that whole incident with the slavers taking me captive slipped your memory?" He grinned. It must have been a sight for those poor bastards when they saw him take a blaster bolt to the gut and just keep coming towards them, dropping their numbers like they weren't anything. Sure he hadn't felt the wound at the time because he was hopped up on too much anger and adrenaline but he sure felt it a few hours later and had himself a nice burn scar for his troubles. It was just another wound on a long list of injuries he had collected in an even longer career. "You'll wind up with your own network of nefarious connections and contacts too, besides me and the others, once you've been doing this long enough. It's inevitable."

Being a bounty hunter and not having some less than savory contacts in your back pocket was about as unlikely as a Hutt running a legitimate charity and not skimming any of the profits.
"Well we can take that radio silence one of two ways; option one, they all killed each other and the place is just a crater, or two, things are proceeding smoothly and there's nothing to call us about." How much of that was wishful thinking though? They'd find out soon enough.

A few hours later the ship's shield generator was fixed and they were back on their way to Roon and without any further disruptions they'd finally be able to get home and start making repairs.

=====

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom