Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Build Again

Tags: | Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck |
Wearing: [xXx]

-----------

It still was by no means ideal to hop up out of bed and go anywhere, even after a week of recovery. Things back at the Numeck homestead had boiled to a head; stupidities were spewed, feelings were hurt, tempers flared, and things were destroyed. Add that to the rag-tag clan's pair of visitors and the lot of them had been through hell and back. Homestead destroyed, wounds to deal with, and Anora herself being plucked from the group and taken hostage for whatever leverage the pair of Mandalorian monsters had thought she would give them.

All it seemed to give them was hell - and her plenty of welts and bruises to contend with.

It had been an experience the brunette never wished to repeat, ever. But that wasn't the only reason she hadn't jumped up as eagerly as she would have once upon a time. Things were still touchy for her when it came to Tyran, and while she had metaphorically put her hands up to give up and just let it be, she still cared. And she hated the fact.

But that didn't matter now, she was here and there was no going back. Though part of her didn't want to once she and Tyran had set course. It was quiet, the others were back on Roon and she didn't have to listen to them bicker, or fight, or break more things. It was a nice change of pace and that at least let Anora relax into her seat with a sigh. The pair of them were headed out to get supplies to start rebuilding the Numeck Compound or at the very least price things. There was a lot of work to be done, after all.

"What are the odds of the others breaking more things while we're gone?" she hadn't actually meant to try and strike up conversation, but the question she had only meant to think to herself came out aloud anyhow, and she didn't try to correct it. "Would be about our luck to get what we need while we're out, just to go back and find out more work needs to be done..." She definitely wasn't wrong there.

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando

tyranskull2.png

Tyran just needed a break from the weeks of constant arguing and bickering among his clan mates back at the compound...what was left of the compound. It was becoming a pattern that whenever he put a lot of his money into a project that whatever it was wound up destroyed just a few weeks after construction was finished. It was going to cost him big to rebuild his home, but there wasn't nothing for it but to do it. He'd used up all the supplies he needed on Roon and it would take too long to get what he needed shipped by a standard freighter, so he had just decided to go and get it himself and maybe pick up a bounty or two to offset the cost of the materials.

He had brought Anora along with him because he didn't want her to be stuck listening to his vode argue with each other while she was recovering. They also had somethings to clear the air about. They had a complicated relationship to say the least but Tyran did care for Anora, despite not being the best at showing it. Even if it would be a little uncomfortable being stuck together on the same ship for a few days, she'd at least be more comfortable on the Tal'galaar II than she'd be in the bombed out remains of his compound. She'd be able to meditate and heal herself in peace.

Her question brought a mirthless grunt from him as he ran a gauntleted hand across his jaw. He needed a shave and a haircut, it was getting too long for a military man's standards. "Well Rixa will probably take off with Taryn now that I'm offworld, Savah will probably head out too. I don't think Garryn or Dyir will destroy anything else. Then again I could be wrong, everyone could stay put and eventually someone will say something and the place will erupt and destroy what is left."

Tyran turned his head to look at Anora. "If that is what we come back too, I'm gonna become an only child real fast." He looked at his navcomputer and unstrapped himself from the pilot's seat. "We got a few hours until we reach Ryloth. Shouldn't be more than a day or two on planet to get the materials loaded into the ship and paid for."

He looked at her and could tell she was in pain and he felt a true pang of sympathy for her. He'd been pretty busted up after a few jobs so he had an idea of what she was feeling like. "Go see the med droid and get a painstim, try to meditate for a while. I'll let you know when we're gonna drop out of hyperspace."

========

TAG: Anora Vahn Anora Vahn

Last edited:

-----------

Anora seemed to think about this answer for a long moment, though she hadn't turned her gaze away from the rushing stars she had been staring at until he had turned about to face her. She hadn't said anything in response at first, just sighed through her nose and continued to fiddle with a strand of hair between both sets of her fingers - which she hadn't even realized she was doing until there was focus on her now.

"If the others leave, I think the only real threats remaining at the homestead would be Garryn and Jun." she stated with only a slight shake of the head. "And even they seem more complacent with one another after everything that happened." Those sorts of life and death situations tended to bring people closer together...most people. In this particular instance, Juniper had mellowed considerably, at least for Garryn. Everyone else was still fair game now that they were all alive and well.

At first, Nora had every intention of ignoring the suggestion to go and see the med-droid, but she knew if she did that, it would just be brought up again. So rather than possibly riling up a fuss between them, the brunette shook her head once again. "Stims don't seem to help," she informed him, adjusting in her own seat so that she could sit up a bit more. "And if I get to a point where I need to meditate, I'll do it." she knew that was a skeptical subject, so she pressed on, "I promise." And she was always one to keep her word.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran didn't try to push her on the stims or the medication. He knew she was just doing it to humor him and avoid an argument, which was something he didn't want either, not right now with them both in foul moods. He stood up from his seat and went to the back of his ship to his little personal area. He removed his armor and gauntlets and set them down on the gear bench where he liked to tinker on the gadgets he used to catch bounties and all the other tasks he was required to perform in his job.

There was a well worn bantha hide punching bag hanging in the corner and Tyran gave it a probing blow that made it sway just a little. He had a whole lot to get out of his system, anger towards his little brother, the frustration of where he was with Anora at the moment and how it had only been made worse by certain members of his family pushing buttons in both of them.

In his opinion people just needed to butt out of his and Anora's business. They were two adults and could work their issues out on their own. He swung his arms to loosen them up a bit. As much time as he spent in his beskar'gam it did make his big arms a bit stiff at times. He tapped up his hands quickly and then started pounding away his frustrations into the heavy bag, visualizing different people every time he hit it. The one that came back most often was his little brother Rixa. No one got under his skin quite like Rixa did and Rixa had really messed things up between him and Anora, in fact he was outright responsible for how things were now.

The bag sway and moved more and more as the power in his large biceps translated down through his fists and smacked into the hard bantha hide until it couldn't stand up to the raw ferocity and a seam gave way. The sand in the bag began flowing out of the widening hole and Tyran just stood back and dropped his head. "Fierfek." he grunted and just let the sand fall out of the bag. He wasn't in the mood to clean it right now.

======

-----------

She hadn't fussed or argued when Tyran had gotten up and walked away. In fact, the tension in Anora's frame eased a tad when he had disappeared from sight, though she of course knew where he had gone. And if she hadn't, it was only the two of them on this ship and sound carried. For a time she had sat still, listening to the sound of the bag as it absorbed the blows being thrown into it.

Eventually Nora got up from her own seat, hissing through her teeth as the weight of her body shifted to accommodate. She was still for a moment, eyes closed and teeth grit as she let the stiff and sore muscles and body parts adjust, and then she made herself walk. One foot in front of the other, one eye coming open before the other. Honestly she would take a damn stim right now if if would do her any good, but right now there was more than just physical pain to deal with.

Like the big pain in the other room, boxing out his own frustrations, and even then he wasn't the biggest of the pains in her backside. There was a lot of damage between her and Tyran, thanks in large part to his little brother. Rixa was a troublemaker, and the younger of the Numeck brother's seemed to have a favorite past time of seeing just how much damage he could cause, and how far he could push everything and everyone before they all imploded. Well? Anora had imploded, but its not as if she hadn't had good reason to do so.

And while she may have made strong, concrete decisions on the beach back home just over a week ago, that didn't mean she wanted things to keep festering negatively between her and Tyran.

Though anything she was planning to say died in her throat as she broached his area. Nora watched as the seam gave way on the punching bag and sand began to escape. With a sigh and a roll of the eyes, both of her hands raised slowly, no higher than chest height, and with the motion the escaping (and already escaped) sand lifted as well. Gentle motions with her hands returned the sand where it was supposed to be and held it in place. "Got something to stitch or patch it with?"

Her gaze shifted from the bag to Tyran and she loft a brow at him, "So, how many times was my face there on the bag?" was she teasing? Maybe, but there was definitely a touch of real curiosity in there too.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran just gave Anora an unamused look as he grabbed some tape from his bench and sealed up the seam again. "You know me better than that." He sighed as he tossed the tape back onto the bench and began to unwrap his hands. "I don't have any problems with you, at least nothing that will make me angry enough to want to take your head off. I'll give you one guess as to who that was." He said as motioned to the temporarily repaired bag. "Thank you for helping me clean it up."

He knew that Anora had wanted more out of their relationship and Tyran just didn't have it in him at the moment to make that happen. He had his personal reasons for it, but it still hadn't been fair to string her along like he had. He grabbed a flight jacket and pulled it on over the skin tight fatigue shirt he always wore under his armor. "Well since you're not gonna take a stim, what about some food?" He asked her, Anora was stubborn and it was one of the traits he liked most about her but it was also one of the most infuriating at times. It had been some time since they'd both had something to eat and Juniper had packed them a few meals.

Despite some of his issues with the way the Zeltron-halfling tried to interject herself into his personal life, he couldn't deny she was a helluva cook. "I think Juni packed several things of scrambled nuna eggs and merlie sausages." He said as he moved to the freezer to grab a couple of them. At least the Tal'galaar II was in pristine shape. He'd made sure the ship was designed to withstand being pulled apart by Force users, the poor fate his old ship had succumbed to.

He didn't want Anora on her feet a lot at the moment because they were going to be doing a lot of walking once they hit the planet and he knew just how sore she was and how much more pain was going to be lurking in the hours ahead. "Why don't you just take a seat at the holotable? I think I can maybe reheat these without blowing the ship to pieces." He said and gave her wink.

======

-----------

It was good that he had clarified, because Anora had opened her mouth to say quite the opposite about not having problems with her. But, considering he had corrected himself, she closed her mouth and instead remained quiet over the fact. At least until she was given the opportunity to guess. "Speaking of," her arms folded, loosely against herself so that there was no pressure on her arms or her torso. "What's the deal with your brother and Taryn? I've never seen anyone both tolerate and so easily dismiss him the way that she does." Yes, Nora was aware she hadn't known Rixa long, but she's seen him interact with enough people.

But she looked a hand long enough to gesture to the bag, "And you're welcome. Couldn't very well just leave it. Something would happen and one of the pair of us would be brutalized by sand." She wasn't wrong, not with the way things kept going for them lately.

There were a lot of things Nora could easily deny and refuse, but (usually) food was not one of them. She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes just slightly because that fact was something Tyran knew. Feed the Force user, and she will sit and be still throughout the meal. And what was better for her right now than being still and resting? So while she made a noise in her throat at him, Anora did turn and make her way to the holotable.

This was where it got tricky; trying to sit down and do so without A. it making her uncomfortable, and B. without giving away just how uncomfortable she really was. So, she took her time. Its not as if it was unknown that she was sore, the trick was to play it down and just be alright. "I would hope you could manage to heat a couple of pre-packaged meals without killing us both." Once she was seated, Nora sighed and slacked into her seat. "But then again..." she smirked at him now, really teasing for probably the first time in..well..since Rixa stuck his nose in their business and caused total hell.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran rolled his eyes when Anora asked about his baby brother. That was a story in itself. "Well, to keep it short, he couldn't live up to the standards our father set for us as soldiers. Don't get me wrong, he's a good soldier and still fights like a Mandalorian but he's not...well he's not me." Tyran said as he put the food into the reheater and then turned around to look at Anora. "It's inevitable when Rixa takes a job that he's going to mess it up somehow, in his entire life he's never pulled off something clean. That's why he took to conning neglected queens and naĂŻve princesses into his bed chamber to milk them out of their credits."

Tyran crossed his arms over his chest and shook his head. "The man thrives on chaos and Taryn is the other side of that coin. She's just as shady as Rixa is, she's just more discreet and has some self respect when it comes to the jobs she does. The two of them together...they're dangerous and destructive."

Taryn knew how to get under his skin just as well as Rixa did. In fact her showing up on Roon was a deciding factor in him leaving the planet to get the materials to rebuild his home. If he had stayed down there while Rixa and Taryn were there, he'd have killed somebody and it wouldn't have been limited to just Rixa and Taryn, but anyone in arm's reach. "She's also very smart, smart enough to get in good with him to run schemes together, but also not fall for that charming smile and silver tongue of his." The reheater beeped and Tyran grabbed the first container and walked it over to Anora.

Just like Rixa knew how to work him, Tyran knew how to work Anora. Food was that one thing that she couldn't resist, especially Juniper's food. He knew she knew what he was doing too so he took some pride in winning this round of their little chess game. He handed her some utensils to eat with and then went to the machine to reheat his own lunch. "If we're lucky Savah will have skinned Taryn and Rixa alive before we get back. She has just as many issues with those two as I do."

======

-----------

The story she was told about Rixa and Taryn earned a noise from Anora. It was thoughtful, her brow was creased down a bit, and she mulled it over the information for a long moment. Eventually she nodded her head, "It makes sense I guess." she was more or less thinking aloud at that point, but it was facts either way. Still didn't explain everything, but at least there was a little more insider information on the pair. Nora had dealt with Rixa on his own, and knew first hand how he thrived on chaos. She could only imagine that times two.

But her focus was pulled when food was set in front of her, "Thank you." she sighed softly and reached out to take the utensils from him when they were offered. "There's a lot of history between you all." she stated after a moment, and rather than eat at the moment she settled for pushing food around on her plate. She was thinking now, and that was always distracting. But she wasn't wrong, there was a lot of history within the inner circle, and it made things both frustrating and difficult sometimes. "But I doubt anyone will be skinned alive by the time we get back," she sighed and took a bite, taking the time to chew it a moment before shrugging a shoulder. "We aren't that lucky."

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran only snorted at that history remark. It was a big understatement. There was plenty of bad blood in his family but for the most part the people inside his inner circle rallied when they needed to. No family was perfect and his was about as far from that as you could get. He grabbed his lunch from the machine and sat down opposite Anora. "The sad thing is I'll still pull Rixa out of whatever trouble he gets himself into in the future and he knows I will too."

He pushed his food around on inside the container for a few seconds before he started to eat it as his mind wandered to whatever Rixa might be doing now, there was no doubt he had some scheme cooking if he wasn't out there already trying to pull one off. Whether or not he and Anora were lucky enough that things would be calmed down when they got back with the materials was neither here nor there for Tyran. Usually just him being around he could shut things down, but it was just so exhausting to be the person who had to do that all the time.

"We'll see." He said to her with a sigh. It didn't take Tyran all that long to eat his food. His was a large man and required a lot of calories to keep his body running, and Juniper's food was some of the best he'd ever had in the galaxy. He got up from the table and tossed the food container into the recycler. "Eat your food, it'll make you feel a little better." He said to her with a grin. "I've got to go and do some regular checks around the ship, see if anything needs fixing while we're on the planet. Might as well get everything done at once. If I'm not back topside before we reach Ryloth just give me a buzz on the intercomm."

======

-----------

It was moments like these, talking about family, that really seemed to pull Anora in on herself. She had personally helped deliver both of her parents to their ultimate demise. She and her little sister no longer had contact for a variety of reasons. And don't even get her started on her own brother. A gruff noise was made by the brunette and she shook her head. "Families are garbage." she groused. Well, at least born into families. The sort a person made for themselves wasn't always so bad. Never perfect, but not bad.

When it had gotten quiet between her and Tyran due to the meals between them, Nora's focus shifted so that she could make herself at least attempt to eat. It took effort she just didn't have at the moment, but the fact that Jun's food was the source, she at least attempted. The only thing missing with the meal were drinks from the minty-haired Zeltron's cantina...not that she was getting those very often anymore.

After a short time, Tyran had gotten up once he was finished eating. Being told his game plan, Anora nodded to show that she had heard him, waved a hand when he told her to eat, but at least she was doing as such - just slowly. "Don't blow us up." she did instruct, glancing up at him briefly to indicate she was teasing before she refocused on her meal. "I'd really like to make it there and back in one piece, if you don't mind." Whether that was in the cards for them or not was up in the air, like always. "If you need any help, just let me know. I'm not entirely useless, just sore."

Once Tyran had walked away however, Anora finished her meal and then pushed the container away with a sigh. For a time she sat still, just more or less zoned out on a spot on the wall opposite herself. Eventually her head shook and she got up from her seat so that she could go to her own little personal corner. It was close enough that she would hear when they were on approach to the planet, and so she seated herself on the floor carefully. It didn't take as much effort because no one was around to watch, which meant less effort to try and keep her facial expressions in check. But she got seated, got situated, and then took a slow, deep, and steadying breath. Both of her eyes closed, and for the time being she just focused on the sound of her breathing and clearing her mind.

She definitely needed to do something before they reached Ryloth, otherwise all she would do is slow them down all day.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

"I knew it." Tyran said as he watched the security screen in the engine room as Anora plopped herself down in a way more pained way than she had shown around him. He shut off the screen and went back to the readout display as he ran a full system checks. The aft shield emitter was running a little weak, which made sense after the ship had been put through a rough beating against a Canderous-class tank.

Outside of that everything else was running nominally and didn't need any attention or replacement. Tyran moved up to the top deck of the ship again and into the medbay to run an inventory check. After the injuries sustained on his compound he knew he had to restock his medical supplies for Dyir. He got a printout of what he needed and tucked the piece of paper inside his flight jacket.

Tyran then pulled out his datapad and sent a quick message to his medic asking what kind of stim would help Anora the best. Something that would help with the pain so she could but not make her drowsy or knock her out entirely. When he got his answer from the medic Tyran prepared the hypo and also tucked it into his jacket. Anora was not going to be happy about this one bit, but he was going to need her help when they reached Ryloth.

He heard the beep from the navcomputer and made his way out of the medical bay and back to the cockpit, not disturbing Anora for the moment as he passed her. He dropped down into the pilots chair and brought the ship out of hyperspace to see the heavily scarred visage of Ryloth meeting them. He hoped that the lingering shadows of the horrors that had happened on this planet didn't reach out to Anora in the Force. That was the last thing he needed right now. After negotiating with the traffic controller Tyran was assigned a berth big enough for his ship planetside and they began their descent.

"If you brought your armor, I'd suit up." He called to Anora over his shoulder as he set the ship on autopilot and went to follow his own advice. He wasn't expecting trouble, but nevertheless it always seemed to find him. Putting on the beskar armor was easy for Tyran at this stage in his life, he'd been doing it since he was thirteen years old after all. Anora had only worn the set he'd had made for her a couple of times, but given their current circumstances he only stood by and waited for her to ask for help with it if she needed it.

When the Tal'galaar touched down in its berth Tyran stretched his arms a few times. Everything he needed from his jacket had been transferred to his equipment belt. They were standing by the hatch waiting for it to lower and Tyran put on his helmet and looked over at her. "Sorry about this." He said as he pulled out the hypo and jammed it into the vein in her neck. "That wasn't so bad was it?" He said and made his way down the ramp at a brisk pace.

======

-----------

Not so surprisingly, meditating only got Anora so far. At least her mental state was better by the time she heard Tyran's voice ring out to her, though her physical state wasn't much better off. Still, she got herself up out of the floor, took a moment to let her weight adjust on her legs, and then headed for her own equipment. "Of course I brought my armor, I wasn't about to leave without it." after everything that had gone down two weeks ago? She didn't go anywhere without having said armor with her.

Though it hadn't done her much good when those Mandalorian arses had peeled the pieces off of her before they started in on her.

But those were dark thoughts, and she had just done well to clear her mind of those sorts of things. So she pushed it aside and worked to gear up, only asking for help when she needed it - which was more than once considering the soreness in her frame. Once the pair of them were suited up however, she had kept her helmet off for now, waiting at the ramp for them to be able to descend.

"Sorry about wh--" she had started, and not a moment later felt the sharp jab and sting of metal in her neck. There was of course a shout of protest from the brunette, and then a harsh swing of her helmet holding hand. Knowing he was fully suited, there was an added touch of Force push added to the collision of her helmet with his armor. "Shabuir!" she hissed at him, hitting him a second time with the helmet before putting her free hand up against the spot where he had stabbed her with the stim. "That wasn't necessary!" Though really, that wasn't entirely true. She never would have taken it willingly, after all.

Some part of her would of course be thankful later, but right now? There was some strong mix of pouty betrayal in her gaze as she glared at him.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran didn't even feel her hit him with her helmet before he made his way down the ramp and that was kind of telling in itself. If she had really wanted to she could have imbedded him in the wall with her little finger. Getting only a glancing blow showed that she knew he was in the right. He looked over at his shoulder and had a smug smirk on his face behind his helmet. "It kinda was." He said. "You'll thank me once we're off this planet."

"Shabuir is a bit harsh, di'kut possibly, chakaar maybe."
Her calling him an abusive term in Mando'a was the last thing he had expected, but he approved of it greatly. "Still I like the spirit!"

He made his way down the ramp and the dockmaster came over to him to collect the docking fee and figuring out what Tyran's business on the planet was. A group of jawas jogged past Tyran and towards his ship and began pawing over the landing gear. Tyran pulled one of his blasters and put a few shots into the ground near the jawas who went scurrying. "Stay away from the ship!" he yelled at them and then looked back at the dock master. "Kriffing jawas. I'm here to pick up some construction materials and a few other resupply needs, shouldn't be on planet more than a day or two."

Tyran produced a credit chip with the required sum the dockmaster had stated and then was given his leave to enter the port proper. Before he did though he turned on all the Tal'galaar's security systems. Anybody who came near the ship without the deactivation codes would get a lethal electric shock. There were other nasty surprises for anyone who wasn't discouraged by the high voltage running across the hull.

He and Anora strolled into the town and he located the material distributor who had his order. There was some arguing and haggling that had to be done but ultimately the fully armored Mandalorians won out. "Anora could you please go and get the things on this list from the medcenter?" He asked her and produced the list. "Things Dyir needs to replenish our stores in the compound. I wanna go make sure that these guys get everything loaded into the ship without any issues...and to keep an eye on those jawas."

======

-----------

"No, stabbing me with a karking stim was harsh!" Anora countered, frowning when Tyran so nonchalantly strolled on past her to the ramp. So, in true Force user spirit, she extended one of her hands just enough so that she could send a pulse of Force energy at his back. Not enough to send him flying off the ramp in any one direction, but certainly enough to be felt against his back and probably make him stumble. But it could have been much, much worse and they both knew it.

A short, huffy sigh left her lips before she started down the ramp after him. Her helmet was tugged on to her head as she went, and it only took a moment for her to adjust. She hadn't stuck close when Tyran was dealing with the dock master, her own curiosity leading her away from the dealings but still close enough to both see and be seen. So when shots were fired, Nora had shifted enough to see what was going on, then rolled her eyes behind her helmet. She couldn't slight Tyran about it though, those little cretins could strip a ship in no time.

"If you're done shooting at the locals, can we get business done and over with?" Yeah, she was definitely a little salty about the stim, though at least she wasn't swinging at him anymore, or throwing him around for that matter. There really wasn't a whole lot to look at and take in as they made their way to get supplies. After everything that had gone down on Ryloth, it wasn't all that surprising. It was business as usual it seemed though, and that was good for Nora and Tyran.

"One of these days, I'm going to sit down and read up on all of the things that have gone down in the Confederacy since I've been alive." it wasn't something she was trying to converse about, just a statement, considering she was here among their systems more than she was anywhere else now.

Business ensued once they were where they needed to be, and Anora let Tyran handle it while she stood back, arms folded, waiting for all hell to break loose. Which it didn't, and maybe it was the stim in her system but that fact was just slightly disappointing. Still, she didn't make this fact known and when the list for medical supplies was handed to her, she loft a brow even if it couldn't be seen.

"Yeah, alright. Just don't shoot anyone." she told him, and then lifted a hand only high enough to point a finger at him. "I mean it. Don't shoot anyone. The Jawas are easy enough to scare away without shooting at them." The list was tucked away, and with her word of warning stated, Nora waved a hand and made her way towards the medical supplier so that she could get that list done and over with.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

"Shab, just make the whole trip boring why don't you?" He said with a mock wounded tone. "Don't you go tearing anything in half or hurling people through the air!" He called after her as he followed the shop owner into the back of the warehouse and his people began to locate Tyran's order.

When they returned to the spaceport the jawas were still highly interested in the Tal'galaar and Tyran was half tempted to turn the computer controlled auto turrets on the little buggers, but! Anora had said to behave himself and for once he was determined to not have anything go wrong on a trip. He turned on his vocabulator and yelled at the jawas, his voice given a mechanical effect from the speaker in his helmet and making him sound all the more menacing.

"Sure you don't want a job scaring off these guys? They're a real pain." The dockmaster said as he moved out of the way so the workers could begin loading things into the cargo hold. There was a lot to move so Tyran pulled an empty ammo crate from the hold and set it beside the ramp and sat down. His eyes firmly fixed on the the jawas that had relocated to the far corner of the berth.

Something felt off so he opened up the security feeds from the ship into a separate window in his HUD and like always, years of military service and finely tuned sense of self preservation had proven right once again. There were two more jawas trying to sneak around the other end of the ship. Tyran sighed as he got up from the crate and dropped down to one knee and opened fire at the tiny robed creatures who yelled and scurried off again. Eh, he'd lasted about as long as he could. He liked this ship.

======

Tags: | Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck

-----------

Dealing with a medical supplier was not the way Anora had wanted to spend any amount of her time. For some reason, this particular one reminded her of the perfect combination of her siblings. Analytical like Leto, and bubbly healer type like Eenia had once been. It was enough to mar Anora's face with a permanent frown while dealing with this person. She had handed over the list, stated plainly more than once what she wanted, and had then still had to walk the workers through the list - as well as keep them from adding extra things that they didn't want or need.

All in all, it wasn't the most pleasant experience, but at least it wasn't enough to push Nora over the edge at any given time. While she had waved Tyran's tease off as she had walked away from him, his warning was just as meaningful as hers to him had been. It was tempting to throw things around from time to time when dealing with incompetent people, but the brunette Force user behaved herself.

And yet when she was leading the pair of workers back to the bay, it wasn't them she was focused on. Nor was it the sound of blaster fire that she knew came from Tyran up the way. Something was off; she could feel it and eventually it was enough to make her stop and give a long, slow look around. When she was questioned, she pointed to the Tal'galaar so that the supplies could be carried on, but Anora herself had stayed put. By now she wasn't so much looking around physically as she was feeling the area.

When nothing came of it, she frowned but pressed on towards the ship. "Got a weird feeling." she told Tyran over the comm. "Might just be paranoia after everything that's happened lately." Which was entirely possible. Things had been going smoothly for the pair of them thus far, and that wasn't normal by any means. So maybe it was self sabotage, or just subconsciously looking for something to be out of place.

But, then again maybe not.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran made a flourish with his blaster before holstering it and then giving the jawas the classic Mando slow helmet turn and stare and they scattered from the space port altogether. He smirked behind his helmet. "Works every time." Then Anora's voice crackled in through his earpiece with some warning she had felt through the Force. "Might just be a residual feeling from all that death that happened here, but do keep me updated if it gets worse." He said.

So far Anora had never been wrong about what she sensed through the Force and if it was strong enough to make her decided to tell him about it, then he was inclined to take it all the more seriously. It was going to take the better part of the afternoon to get all the materials loaded so Tyran motioned for a Rodian kid hanging about the berth. As the small child came over Tyran removed his helmet and smoothed his hair back with a gloved hand.

"Do me a favor kid, bring me two of something cold to drink, something good alright. You can keep the rest of the credits." He said as he handed the kid a credit chip. "But bring the drinks, or you'll be dancing like those jawas were earlier." He gave the kid a wink and let go of the chip and gave the kid a small nudge.

The medical supplies arrived and then Anora came in behind them eventually. "You're moving slow in your old age." He grinned at her as he handed her one of the beverages that had been brought back by the kid. "Not the worst thing I've ever had, for a local drink anyway." He looked at the timer on his gauntlet and sighed, now he was feeling antsy after Anora's warning. "Do you still feel that...whatever it was?"

He was a smart man but the Force was something that would always be above him when it came to how it worked. He knew how to cut a person off from it of course, but reading it and deciphering it's meanings and intent...nah, he'd leave that to the monks in lame robes.

======

-----------

The fact that Tyran took her warning and ran with it didn't ease Anora any. She ended up slowing her pace, more focused on the feelings around her than looking at actual people and places. Still, she moved through the people mulling about as if she were looking at them, guided by her connection to the Force. She may not have had the natural connection that her little sister had, but over the past several years Nora had at least gotten her own grip on it. But eventually she found her way back to Tyran and her focus shifted to him once he spoke up to her.

"Seems that way, doesn't it?" she replied to the old age comment, then reached a hand out to take the drink from him, before using her free hand to pull the helmet from her head. She shook her brown locks loose and out of her face as best as possible, and then sighed as she gave another look around. "I see you took my warning to heart." she mused, then sipped at the drink she was given. Not the worst thing she's ever had, but it was definitely not something she could pair it with familiarity wise. Still, it was cold and fresh, and that was better than nothing at all.

"Yeah," his question earned both a verbal response and a nod once Nora's mouth was clear. "I can't shake it. It's like a constant chill clinging to my spine instead of just running down it." Whatever it was, it was making her uncomfortable, and it was starting to feel less like paranoia. At least they were prepared here, right? The ship, the people mulling about the docks, some kind of security roaming around somewhere. Hopefully that was enough to deter any stupidity from any given source.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran actually leaned back to check the backplate of her armor just to make sure there wasn't some kind of space slug there that the stim had numbed her to. There was nothing there of course so he moved back and continued to drink whatever this was that he had been brought. "I might have shot at the jawas again." He said casually.

It was just to try and change the subject because he didn't like thinking about threats that he couldn't see. He very much preferred to have his enemy in front of him or at least be the one who was laying in wait for the ambush rather than being on the receiving end of one. "Did you have any issue at the medcenter?" Part of him was hoping that maybe she'd just had a bad experience there and that combined with what she had been through and all the negativity energy lingering on the planet might have just given her a case of the heebie jeebies.

Whatever she was feeling it clearly had her over kilter and despite the way she could fluctuate Anora was usually pretty level headed...well as long as Rixa wasn't putting twisted words in her ear anyways. That Anora on the beach was not one he had ever dealt with before, and honestly he didn't want to ever again.

"Did rescuing you from Dain and Kial win me any brownie points or am I still on the bad guy list?" He asked her. "That thing with the stim earlier has no bearing by the way, doesn't count. It was called for."

======

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom