Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Build Again

Tags: | Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck |

-----------

There had been enough years spent around one another, that mannerisms and such were learned. The way things were said, or done; body language spoke volumes just as well as words did. Enough so that Anora could tell that this whole situation, this ominous feeling she was getting, was bothering Tyran. It wasn't as if she could help it, but she could let the subject slide considering he tried to pull focus elsewhere conversationally.

"No," she answered him with a shake of the head and glanced to where she had last seen the medical workers. "I had to haggle a little - no, I did not throw anyone or anything - and had to tell them more than once that there were things we didn't need. But otherwise it all went okay." she shrugged a shoulder, doing her best now to keep from focusing on whatever was going on. Not ignore it of course, but no longer keep it at the forefront.

However, the subject of her captors made Anora's throat tighten. Her brow pulled down in the middle and she looked away just after both names were said. The grip she had on her drink tightened for just a moment as another wave of unease washed through her - this one different from the Force's warnings. But she then took a careful breath and made herself refocus on Tyran. "I'm not sure you earn brownie points anymore." she told him, not quite sure herself if she was entirely teasing or not. Mostly though.

Their last talk on the beach on Roon had not gone well, and she had not only expressed quite a few things futilely, but had sworn right then and there to him that she would never make that mistake again. It was a careful line to dance along, but so far she was managing it. "Though I do have to say that you've at least returned to favor from when I saved your backside."

Nora paused only a moment, then puckered her lips briefly and shook her head before speaking again. "And the stim totally would have taken your points away, if there were points for you to earn."

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando

tyranskull2.png

"I got you a drink though." Tyran said as he slurpped the last of his drink through the straw. "Should at least give me back half the points I lost for the stim." He stood up and tossed his empty drink container into the trash and went to go and check on the progress of the materials being loaded.

Whoever said paranoia wasn't contagious was a damned liar because now that he new that Anora was wary of something, he couldn't stop looking over his shoulder every now and then. As the loading went on and was almost finished Tyran began to feel a little bit better about their chances of getting off the planet before something bad happened. At least up until a stranger accosted him.

"You the Mandalorian that was shooting at jawas?" The man said and Tyran sighed feeling like this might have been what Anora was sensing.

"Possibly. Why?" Tyran asked.

The man stared at him and then at Anora. "I need a Mandalorian for a job, hostage rescue. Pay's real good."

Tyran's first instinct was to say not interested but he couldn't say no to hostage rescues.
"What's the mission?"

"Got a criminal element working in the city now after the battle here. Trying to force the locals to pay them for protection. A shop owner said no so the bad guys kidnapped his kid."

The details were sparse but Tyran had done jobs on far less information than that. He looked over at Anora.
"What do you think?" He knew that if they turned it down and left that they'd be thinking about it the whole way back to Roon.

======
TAG: Anora Vahn Anora Vahn

-----------

There was a scoff from Anora, "I just told you that you don't even get brownie points anymore." she shook her head at him, but left it at that and sipped at her drink instead. Once Tyran had stepped away to go and do whatever it was he was doing, Nora's expression hardened and her attention immediately started to drift again. Her gaze was slowly sweeping, watching faces and the way people moved, but it was her senses that she was keeping open. Now that she could do so without wigging her partner out too.

Which made it only natural for her to know they had company before she actually saw it. The brunette had tossed her own drink and followed in the wake of this stranger, stopping short only once she heard the conversation going on. Sparse conversation, but at least no bullets had been flying - yet.

The job seemed sketchy, not so much the lack of details, but overall. Something in Nora's gut twisted, but she had Tyran were on the same mental wave even if neither of them knew it. If they said no and turned down this job, it would eat at them forever. Better to check into it and be wrong, than say no when someone really needed help.

"Kidnapped cases seem to be our forte." she shrugged a shoulder, and it was true enough. He had originally kidnapped her, she had saved him when he was taken hostage, and then he had turned around and done the same for her not a week ago. Seems they had a running theme. "Where'd they take the kid, and what are we walking into?" They had to at least know what they were going to be up against.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

"Already told you everything I know." The stranger said with a shrug. "The shop owner your looking for is on the other end of town, runs a junk salvaging operation that's been bringing in a lot of credits and attention from unsavory types."

"Good, I'll fit right in then." Tyran said as he grabbed his helmet and put it on. "Word to the rise pal, this better be legit or I'm gonna come after you like I did those jawas, but this time I'll actually aim for something you won't want to lose."

When the loading was finished Tyran locked up the ship again and put all the security systems online and then they started off towards the other side of town. "How are you holding up?" He asked Anora once they were well into the town. The stim he had given her was only good for a few hours and he figured it would be wearing off soon. Hopefully it lasted until they figured out if this job was worth taking or not.

He had a few pain stims in his equipment belt but it wasn't anything that would last long term. They were mostly meant for emergency medical aid and were good for only thirty minutes at most. He reached into the pouch and took a couple of them out and handed them to her. "Just take these, in case you need them. We can argue about them later." He grinned behind his helmet.

Tyran pointed up ahead to a shop that had a few junk piles out front and a couple mounds that could be seen over the back of the building. "Gonna say that's the place we're looking for."

=====

-----------

The lack of information made Anora sigh and roll her eyes, but she at least had the good sense to turn away before she did either. From then, she let Tyran handle the encounter while she waited and stayed out of the way. Once that was done with, she made her way into the ship just long enough to make sure they didn't have any stowaways, and then she headed right back out so that everything could be locked up and security things activated.

Nora's helmet was pulled onto her head once they were on their way to this new destination, and she sighed as she made sure she had everything she needed on her person. "I'm okay for now," she assured him. "There hasn't been a whole lot of rigorous activity going on, so the stim you stabbed me with hasn't had to work any overtime." she shot him a side glance, smirking behind her helmet though it would definitely be heard in her tone too.

When more stims were offered over, Nora made a protesting noise. At first she was ready to outright refuse; it was definitely not her favorite method of anything, healing or otherwise. But, she reached out and took them with little more than the original noise. "Oh, and I'm sure there will be plenty of arguing about it." she stated to him while putting the stims away on her own person.

For her own good or not, stabbing her with a stim had been a low blow. But right now wasn't the time for any of that, arguing, teasing, fussing, or otherwise. Nora looked up when the area was gestured to, and she sighed slowly through her nose as she looked the place over. "Looks like it," she agreed. "Why do I get the feeling that this was probably the dumbest idea we've followed through with all day?"

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran shrugged his shoulders as he spun around to look at Anora as they walked up to the scrapyard. “Probably because it is, but, we’ve done dumber crap than this before.” He backed up against the door and gave it a nudge with his boot and it swung open without resistance. Tyran didn’t like that at all. The lights in the front office were off and there wasn’t a sound anywhere.

“Hello?” He called out. “Anyone here?”

“NOT TODAY YOU SPACE RAT SCUM SUCKER!!!” Someone yelled and popped up over the counter with a rather large canon and opened fire on Tyran. He dove onto his stomach as a green ball of plasma shot over him and blew a crater in the front wall.

The recoil of the gun propelled the tiny alien holding the weapon backwards and he let out a high pitched scream until he collided with some chainlink barrier near the far wall. Tyran was on his feet in an instant and vaulted over the counter and grabbed the cannon from the alien.

“A di’kutla Ugnaught. Figures.” He said as he looked at the cannon. “That’s a lot of disruptor for a tiny thing like you.” Tyran put his boot on the Ugnaught’s chest, almost the exact same length. “You wanna tell me why you were shooting at me?”

“I thought you were one of those thieving, kidnapping pirates!!” the Ugnaught said.

“Do we look like pirates?!” Tyran yelled as he hauled the alien up in to the air with one hand and set him down on the counter like he was a small toddler. “We were sent here to help, not so sure I want to now though.”

======

-----------

There was a face made by the brunette, even if it couldn't be seen at the moment. "Have we though?" she questioned on his comment about them doing dumber things, but there was no time to answer. The moment that door opened, the noise from the other side caused Anora to duck and cover. Luckily she hadn't immediately followed Tyran through the door, but that didn't make the noise or the mess it caused any less apparent. "You alright?" she called out to her partner, though once she had gotten through the door herself, clearly he was fine.

Maybe a little bruised in the ego due to the small fry getting a pop shot in, but still in one piece at least.

"To be fair, maybe whoever was being pirate-y here had their own armor." it wasn't a possibility to rule out, though it was most likely just a trigger happy alien attempting to protect what was theirs...or not theirs. Either way.

"Don't hassle him too much," she had approached the counter and gave the unfamiliar (to her) alien a once over before continuing to speak to Tyran. "This doesn't exactly look like the scene we were told about, and so maybe this guy knows what's going on." It was most definitely starting to feel like some kind of set up, but hey...you never know.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

"Don't hassle him? That's easy for you to say, you almost didn't get disintegrated." Tyran let go of the tiny alien but didn't return the gun to the creature. It wasn't so much wounded pride that had him upset as it was the fact he simply had been shot at, it always put him in a bad mood. "Where's the shop owner whos kid was taken hostage?" He asked as Anora came into the structure.

The Ugnaught growled at Tyran. "What you wanna extort more money from my people to go and rescue them?" The alien made a disgusted noise. "Mandalorians, bah!" He said and spit on Tyran's boot.

Tyran looked over at Anora. "Can I skin him alive now?" The urge to rip the tiny creature's skull out and beat him to death with it was so real but Tyran kept it in check for the moment. "I'm going to let you talk to this headache here, I'll go take a look around the back." Anora was the more...sociable one of the two of them she'd get the alien to talk.

He walked out of the back of the shop and into the massive piles of junk and salvage that were scattered all around the place. The tiny alien had some impressive hardware, ship parts and even some high grade military tech. It was probably salvage from the battle between the Confederacy and AoC. It was all very expensive material so it was no wonder there was a criminal element wanting to get in on the salvage operation here.

"Anora, ask him how he manages all this on his own. There's a lot of junk out here, too much for it to be a one man operation." Tyran said over the comms as he picked his way through the salvage piles.

======

-----------

The question that was directed at her caused Anora to loft an eyebrow, even though once again the expression was lost due to her helmet. "Will skinning him get you the answers you need?" she countered, shaking her head as she waved her partner away from the small alien. In all fairness, Anora was no better at dealing with others than Tyran was. Her fuse was shorter, and her abilities were explosive at best. However, she wouldn't just reach out and pummel someone if they gave her an answer she didn't like either.

So once Tyran had wandered off, the brunette shook her head and laid a hand against her her hip. "Same question. From what we were told there's supposed to be a missing kid, not some Mandalorian extortion." That in particular really wasn't any of her or Tyran's business. Stepping on other Mando toes was not something high on Nora's priority list after her little rendezvous.

But Tyran's voice in her ear made her lean against the counter with one hand while she other remained at her hip. "Alright, what's going on around here? Apparently there's a whole bunch of stuff outside, and it's too much for just one person to have handled."

Normally she didn't like the interrogation role, but in this instance what choice did she have? They needed answers, and they wouldn't get them if Tyran killed the only source they had right now.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran couldn't find a sign that anybody else had been here in the junkyard. No signs of a struggle outside of the dust up he had just had with the junkyard owner. It just wasn't adding up to him as he picked his way through the junk piles. He did find a pretty nice slugthrower that was in decent shape. He had some rounds on his ship that would work just fine with this. He walked back to the shop and set his haul down on the counter. "What did he have to say about being alone here?" He asked.

"I told her, the pirates came and took my daughter. Told me to have a hundred and twenty thousand credits for them when they came back tonight." The ugnaught said. "That's five thousand credits!" he pointed at the slugthrower.

"You'll get two thousand for it and your daughter back." Tyran said and he wasn't negotiating. "Me and my partner here will hang around out back. When those pirates come back looking for their money they'll meet us instead and we'll have a conversation."

The Ugnaught let out a noise of dissent. "That's your mando speak for tearing up my shop and wrecking my livelihood."

"You've got plenty of salvage back there, you'll be fine." Tyran said as he tossed the alien a credit chip with the two thousand credits on it and grabbed the slugthrower and motioned for Anora. "Come on you can tell me why this is a bad idea and that I should be nicer to the Ugnaught." He grinned behind his helmet.

======

-----------

Tyran's return had prompted little more than a half turn from Anora to acknowledge the fact that he had come into the room again. Though before she could answer his question, her little charge had spoken up and answered for her. She had raised a hand, palm up, and gestured to the alien creature before shrugging. The look on her face was quite unamused, but it's not as if it could be seen at the moment anyhow.

Anora sighed heavily when she was drug into yet another half baked, hairbrained idea, but she didn't argue about it - at least not yet. Falling apart in front of an unwilling client was hardly good for morale or business.

But once the pair of them were back outside? She scoffed, "I don't care if you're nicer to the little cred or not." seems her time around the nomads on Roon had rubbed off on her vocabulary as well. "Though I can't imagine having your child taken hostage is an easy thing to deal with." Not that anyone had cared a wit when Nora herself had been kidnapped by the very man she was walking along side of now. "But I will say that this is a completely stupid idea. There are already bounty-crazed Mandalorians on the prowl, and now you want to piss off pirates too?'

She stopped and laid her hands against her hips. "Do you suddenly have a death wish that I need to know about? Because I for one am not ready to die, and will need to hop off of this ride real quick if that's the ultimate game plan."

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran wasn't worried about Dain or Kial coming after him for some old blood feud between families. If anything they were still on Roon licking their wounds after what the hurting Tyran had put on them for kidnapping Anora and trying to use her as a negotiating tactic. It hadn't sat well with Tyran at all. "I handled the crazy Mando'ade and I'll handle the pirates just the same." He said as he cleared of a rusty sabacc table and sat down to put his feet up on it and removed his helmet. He instantly regretted it, the junkyard smelled like a really, really bad junkyard for sure.

As far as death wishes went he shrugged at her. "Hey, I don't have a death wish anymore than the next Mando does. I'm just as sane as I normally am." he winked at her and then settled in for the waiting game.

It wasn't too long though maybe and hour, an hour and a half at the most, before the tiny Ugnaught came rushing out of the back of the front office. "The pirates are coming up the street!!" He yelled at the two Mandalorians. Tyran sighed and put his helmet back on and waved the tiny alien back into the shop.

Tyran pulled his blasters from their holsters and checked the charge on each before giving them a twirl and putting them back in place. He stood in the front of the shop in front of the counter. Sure enough a few moments later a group of Trandoshans busted in through the front doors, most of them were of the short and portly variety but there was one that was pretty massive and about a head taller than Tyran.

The big Trandoshan leaned over at Tyran and give him a sniff before looking at the Ugnaught. "You hired help? Why'd you have to go and make things difficult? Would have been so much simpler if you just forked over the money liked we asked."

"He's not forking over anything." Tyran said as he kept himself in between the big Trandoshan and the tiny Ugnaught. "You're talking with me now, not him. Bring back his family in one piece or-"

"Or what Mando?" The Trandoshan said and gave Tyran a shove.

Tyran dropped his head and took in a deep breath. He really didn't want to tussle with a Trandoshan this big, but to hell with it. He balled up a beskar clad fist and rammed it right into the large lizards snout, a couple of teeth coming free as a result. "Or I'm gonna make a necklace out of your fangs."

======

-----------

There was really nothing Anora could say or do at this point. At least not anything more than sigh and roll her eyes behind her helmet. If Tyran was confident that they could handle whatever was about to come their way? Well...That was that. Personally, Anora hadn't come all this way to get into a tussle with some damn pirates. After the time she had spent in bad company, she had hoped to get here, get the supplies they needed, and go home.

She should have known better.

Unlike her partner however, Nora didn't take off her helmet. Not because of the possible dangers of the way the area smelled, but because she knew that if she did, trouble would show up a heck of a lot sooner if she got comfortable. She did sit however, though didn't ever reach a point where she was fully relaxed. His statement made her scoff, "Funny, I don't see any of the others jumping up to throw themselves in the path of pirates and other potentially troublesome bands of people."

But that was the only argument she had over the situation. It was too late now, they had already agreed and here they were, laying in wait. And it was a wait that wasn't nearly as long as it should have been. When the approach of their company was announced, Anora sighed and didn't get up, especially since Tyran already done as such. "Here we go..." she huffed out, not even bothering to murmur or whisper the words. Let the...oh...look, they got to deal with more Trandoshans. Their first bought of problems ever faced together had been Trandoshans.

"Tyran, don't-" but again it was too late. A punch was thrown and the brunette's head lulled back against her shoulders with a groan. "Why make me get up out of my seat?" Was she being a smart ass? Perhaps, but in the moment she felt the situation called for it.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

To Tyran's surprise the big Trandoshan held up a clawed hand and kept his warriors in check and started to laugh as he looked at the blood falling from his snout. "The tiny human packs quite a punch. I like him. So I'm going to let you live, but the price for the ugnaught's family has just gone up another forty thousand creds. You've got until sundown, then I let my pack mates feast."

He gave a swipe of his hand and the Trandoshan's began to file out of the junkyard. Tyran looked over at Anora.
"Tiny? Since when am I tiny?" He asked as he shook his hand. Even behind a beskar gauntlet he'd still felt the contact with that lizard's jaw. "Come on we're leaving." He said and started to walk away but the tiny shop owner began to lose it.

"What have you done?! I can't afford to pay that much!!"

"Don't worry about it." Tyran said dismissively as he left the shop and made it out onto the street. The Trandoshans were already gone but that didn't matter. "Before you start yelling at me, I put a tracker on the big one when I hit him. We'll find that little guy's family, and to prove that I'm not a totally heartless shabuir, I'm doing this pro bono." He said gesturing to Anora over his shoulder.

"Believe it or not I do know what I'm doing occasionally." He laughed.

======

-----------

There was a long, suffering sigh from Anora, and she shook her head once it was righted again. The exchange between the large lizard and her partner was not at all what the brunette was expecting, but she got up from her seat regardless and followed Tyran. She had shot the little alien a glance, and while he would see nothing but helmet, there was a frown on her expression and it remained in place even after she looked away. What in the Nether had Tyran gotten her into now?

"I wasn't going to yell," she at least defended, and she meant it. She wasn't going to yell; hit him in the back of the head with something, or suspend him in the air until she got answers or he fixed all of this maybe. But not yell. "You're still a shabuir, and the jury is still out on your heartless factor." And if anyone could say as such with confidence, it was Anora - with reason, no less.

The statement about him knowing what he was doing however, that actually riled a single, sarcastic laugh from her. "I don't buy that for a second. I think you make it up as you go along and rely completely on that dumb luck factor you seem to have." she waved a hand and shook her head. "And then you pass it off as if that is exactly what you had planned the entire time."

A smirk replaced her frown, and it would definitely be heard in her tone. "Let me know when I stop being right, tiny."

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

"Why you have to out my secrets to my success in public like that?" He smirked back at her as they made their way back to his ship. She wasn't wrong, despite all the skill Tyran had as a soldier he had a pretty damned good heaping of luck on his side in certain sticky situations. It was something he was going to need a lot more of now that he was getting older. At just under 40, he was far from ancient but he wasn't exactly a young man anymore and the aches and pains of the job were slowly catching up with him, not that he'd ever admit that to anyone of course.

When they boarded the ship Tyran removed his helmet and breathed in the recycled air that flowed through the cabins. It wasn't the best thing ever but it beat whatever the hell he had smelled in that junkyard. He went up to the front of the ship and turned on the nav system and activated the tracker beacon he had placed on the large lizard and waited for a return signal. He scratched at the scruff on his face and looked at Anora. "I'm not tiny."

The computer began to beep and he returned his attention to it. It was a strange reading but from what he could make it out looked like the Trandoshans were in some kind of reinforced structure. "Probably the remains of an old CIS military fort or something." He said as he looked at the display. "Who knows what they left behind in there for the Trandoshans to find and for us to deal with. Fierfek." He groaned as he rubbed his face with his hands. "I'm getting too old for this."

"Alright, we'll rent a speeder and get out there. Can't take the ship because they'll see us coming and one of the shield deflectors needs repairs and there wasn't anything in that junkyard that's compatible with this set up. I don't want to risk them having something big to knock us out of the sky with." He said as he stood up. "Once more into the fray?"

======

-----------

The response she got made Anora roll her eyes, but her smirk didn't ebb any. "It's not really a secret when everyone can see it." she point out to him, but was quiet the rest of the walk back to the ship. Some part of her just wanted to go take over the first sleeping space she came across and just go home, but that ever annoying and persistent need for justice wasn't going to even do more than briefly entertain the thought. So she followed Tyran, stopping a short distance behind him and leaning her shoulder against the nearest solid surface only after removing her helmet.

"So, we don't take the durable ship to an old military base because they'll see us coming, but we take a speeder that is much easier to blow up with us inside of it." she made a slight face and nodded. "Makes sense." Naturally she was just giving him hell; Nora much preferred stealth to any other tactic after all. "And apparently you are tiny." she added.

Once he stood, Nora shifted to stand upright, helmet still in her grasp rather than back on her head yet. She drew in a slow, deep breath and sighed it out in a huff as her gaze settled on him. "Well considering you've drug me along this far, I suppose back into the fray is the only way to go." she turned away from him and headed back towards the exit. "Come on, lets go old man." Oh he had certainly opened a whole new door with that comment.

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

"I'm glad you think my plan makes sense, thought you were going to argue it for a bit." He teased her as he made his way down the ramp. The old man comment was a bit much though, accurate, but a bit much. They went and found a speeder rental service and it took entirely too long to haggle over a price for a vehicle and Tyran was on the verge of just blasting the dealer into ash before they finally reached a deal. It was worked out eventually and the dealer brought out the most dirty, unstable looking speeder that Tyran had ever seen.

"You're a very lucky man that I have more pressing business, you wait until I come back." He growled as they climbed into the speeder. In this thing he hoped they got to the compound before the Trandoshans spotted them. He wasn't so sure that it would live up to taking more than a couple of pot shots from a blaster let alone anything more heavy duty. Who the hell knew what kind of toys the CIS had left behind in that fort or base or whatever it was.

"Next time you're doing the haggling, use some of that mind trick stuff people are always talking about." He grumbled. "Maybe get us something that runs smoother and doesn't smell like a wet bantha." He pulled up the tracking information on his HUD and started to steer them in the direction of where the beacon was originating from.

======

-----------

There was no denying the harsh roll of her eyes. "Believe it or not, I don't have the compulsive need to argue about everything with you." she stated with a shake of the head, though there was no bite or annoyance to her tone about it. Yes, she was argumentative, and would never deny as such, but that didn't mean she wanted to fuss and argue all of the time. Just when she knew she was right, or knew he was getting her into something stupid.

Which...come to think about it...

Nora sighed, but followed after Tyran once again. Honestly, how in all the worlds did she keep letting herself get talked into these things? She really should have known better than to assume this would be nothing more than a supply run; here and back home again. There was always, always something that was either already going on, or would spring up no matter where they went or what they were doing. So when they reached the place to get a speeder, Anora was not at all surprised when Tyran took the lead over the situation, or that his haggling was less than impressive.

"You're getting temperamental in your old age." she told him once he had managed to get them a speeder...and a janky one at that. "And easy to con..." she added with a shake of the head, but what could they do? There was no way she could ease the situation now and get them a better speeder. "Come on, let's get this done before you need your next dose of meds."

Oh yeah, she was pushing the old man jokes now. But she was at least cooperative and didn't fuss about the speeder. Not verbally anyhow, mentally she was having a field day. At least until he spoke up again. "When have you ever seen me use any sort of mind trick?" she asked him, lofting a brow. "Believe me, my life would be much easier if I could just wave my hand and make people do what I wanted them to do."

Boy wasn't that the truth...

Tyran Numeck

tyranskull2.png

Tyran shrugged. "Well, practice makes perfect right? Maybe try it out on these pirates. It only works on people with weak minds and Trandoshan's aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the box." He'd turned Anora into a good fighter but her Force powers were admittedly underdeveloped compared to what they should have been, but he put that on lax training from her Jedi instructors. As handy as the Force was though he'd taught her more valuable skills in his mind, how to survive for days in the woods, rig a survival tent out of leaves and branches. How to hunt. Her last remark came off as a bit bitter and he understood why.

"So if I had a weak mind and you could do mind tricks, what would you make me do?" It was a serious question and he honestly wasn't expecting a pleasant answer. He'd been an ass to her for the last few weeks, unfairly so, but relationships weren't easy for him. He didn't like not being good at something. Give him a weapon of any kind and he knew he'd have it mastered in quick order. Give him a base that was impenetrable and he knew he'd be the first to break into it. Relationships weren't that straight forward by any means, it wasn't something he could hunt and track, it wasn't something that he could overpower through pure strength. It meant being vulnerable and Tyran was not familiar with that word at all.

Anora had earned that from him though after all he had dragged her through, she'd complained and grumbled about it of course but she'd never turned him down for a job yet, hell she'd even stayed behind to take care of his property on Roon while he went to rescue his baby brother from an angry King. Opening himself up to her was the least he could at this point...and that was probably an understatement.

======

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom