Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Become Royalty

Radon Mont

R
Fly? She wanted him to fly the ship? She was crazier than she looked. Well, he could do it, it just might not be as smooth as she would otherwise desire for it to be. "Sure, I can fly." The door opened and he led her out and through the halls. They walked along to the hangar and he carried their bags onto the ship, depositing them before heading towards the cockpit. He looked around for a moment and then sat down in the pilots seat. "You might want to strap in, though. It's been a while since I've actually flown a ship. Usually just hijack one to get me where I need to go." He strapped himself in and started the preflight process. It would take a few moments before they could lift off, but they'd be on their way shortly.

Strap in. Well, of course she would do that, but it hardly inspired confidence when he said that.
"You sure you can do this?" she asked nervously as she strapped herself in, "I mean... You aren't gunna crash are you? This ship is my baby, you know."

Radon Mont

R
"Umm... no. We'll be fine." He hoped. Once the ship was ready, he called for the hangar doors to be opened above them. Kicking in the repulsorlifts, he lifted the ship, unsteadily, upwards and through the opening. He was just a teeny bit too close to the side and a loud scrape resounded through the ship, but the only damage was to the coat of paint on the outside. "Sorry. I'll pay for that." Of course he would. She was going to kick his ass. The hangar closed below them, revealing simple ground that didn't give any inkling of hiding a secret base. They tore up into space and broke free of the planets gravity well before he plugged in the coordinates for Falleen and shot them off into the whiteness of hyperspace. "Better than I remember doing..."

A loud scraping noise made the girl shriek with outrage.
"Hey! Watch what you're doing! Oh, my poor baby!"
Poor baby indeed. This ship was her pride and joy. When she first 'aquired' it from her Father, it had been an old thing in awful shape. She'd worked on it, painted it herself, polished it, until it was like new again.
"You better not be this careless when I give birth! You can't be this clumsy with a real baby, you know!"

Radon Mont

R
He winced. "Raising a child is a lot different than flying a ship." Seriously, massively different. And of course he would go all out to be more careful about things with their little one than he would with an easily fixable ship. Besides, it was just a little paint that had gotten scraped off. There were worse things to deal with than some missing paint. He could have crashed them into a mountain or something. With the ship on auto as it flew through hyperspace, he breathed a sigh of relief and turned to look at her. "I forgot to mention I'm not that good of a pilot, which is also part of why I hijack ships rather than fly myself." He grinned at her and then climbed up from his seat before she could slap the grin off his face. "So, where do you want to start?"

She reached out to slap him but he was gone before she could do that. If he was so bad at flying, then why didn't he just hire a pilot? He was a prince, for Force sake! He could afford it!
"Start? What do you mean?"
she let herself get distracted easily. She couldn't stay mad at him for long.

Radon Mont

R
"With your training, dear one. We have some time, so we should make use of it." He tilted his head back towards the ships lounge area and started heading that direction. Inwardly he breathed a sigh of relief at having successfully diverted the disaster that was about to come his way. She had been about to beat the snot out of him, but he was out of the water with that for the moment. Instead, he walked back to the lounge and took a seat. "You've obviously had your Jedi training so I know we don't need to go over the basics, which is good. What we need to go over is how to round out your training, since you're no longer limited in how you use the Force. So, where do you want to start?"

Where to start... Obviously saber training was out of the question in her condition. It was too easy to mess up and hurt herself and the baby.
She followed him back to the lounge, sitting next to him to rest her head on his shoulder.
"Well... I can start anywhere," she shrugged, "Where would you like to start? What can you teach me?"

Radon Mont

R
I can teach you to use your mind. She was right, of course. Lightsaber training was absolutely out of the question until such a time as she was no longer pregnant. He was not about to do something where there was the possibility of a serious accident killing her or their child. That being the case, he could teach her about using her mind to do things. "It's simple, really. You can talk inside someone's mind, so you can do other things there as well. You can attack their mind in various different ways. I'm going to do something to you, because the only way for you to learn is to experience." At least he'd warned her. He reached into her mind and manipulated her to bring out her greatest fears. Force Fear was not the greatest advancement, but it could seriously cripple someone.

She was aware that one could use the force to influence others in wonderful and horrifying ways. She was aware of it, but the Jedi had not exactly taught that to her and likely never would have. She'd experienced people speaking in her head before and thought it a terribly weird thing to do. People that did it to her had no reason to do it. They could have spoken out loud just as easily! Lenne supposed it was just a showing off thing.
His warning though, did not come soon enough. She was not ready. A steady stream of paranoia and fear. That was what he would find. Fear of drowning, fear of abandonment, fear of dying in space, childbirth, fear of getting old, losing her good looks...
She let out a small sob, hiding her face in his shoulder.
"Stop..."

Radon Mont

R
Of course he stopped when she asked him to. The goal here wasn't to destroy her mind. He just had to demonstrate to her what the deal was so that she could learn it herself. Now that she knew, she could learn it and make use of it in the future. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close, rubbing her back. "Sorry, but you needed to experience it so you can learn it." He kissed the top of her head. "I want you to try and do it to me when you're ready. Reach into my mind and try to draw my greatest fears to the surface that I can experience them." There were things she would find out from this that she didn't yet know. That was alright, though. He trusted her because he loved her. She needed to know his fears.

She let him hold her for a long time. She wasn't ready. Would not be ready for a while. She took long deep breaths, slow, steady. Her fears were secret. That much she knew. He would take them to the grave. And she would protect his too with the same ferocity.
"...Okay, I'm ready," she sighed, wiping her eyes dry as she sat up straight.
She stared at him for a moment then closed her eyes to concentrate. Hard. It was hard to break through. She was having trouble. Or was she just reluctant to hurt him? He was not half as insecure as her though. He asked her to do this. She needed to concentrate.
One more try. One more go.

Radon Mont

R
He smiled at her in a reassuring manner. Of course he knew she didn't want to hurt him. That was who Lenne was. Hurting him was like hurting herself and she didn't want to do that. It was alright, though. He'd asked her to do this. The first time she failed to get through his mental defenses and that was alright. She wasn't going to get everything right the first time. No one ever did. The second time, though? That time she got through. And the first thing he saw was her. Someone had her. They were cutting their child out of her. They killed their child and then her. Then more visions of it happening in different ways. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. Then he saw her. His sister. Older by a few years. He saw her being killed and tears came to his eyes. They'd threatened before when he saw Lenne and their child, but they came freely now. His sister had died years ago, murdered by humans. He waved his hand at Lenne and held his other over his face. "That's... Stop. You got it right."

His fears made her feel sick to her stomach when he finally told her to stop. It was as intense for her before, but this was different. This was him. This was what he was afraid of. She reached over to wrap her arms around him and hold him close to her chest. She said nothing. He could cry. That didn't bother her. She was actually glad to see that he had it in him to feel this.

Radon Mont

R
Though he acted strong and confident all the time, even he had fears and pains. He missed his sister constantly. She'd been his best friend before he met Lenne. And then the thought of losing Lenne... No, he couldn't afford to lose her. He loved her too much. If he lost her he was certain he wouldn't be able to function any longer. For a while he just sat there with his head against her. No, he would not allow her to die. He would do everything in his power to keep her safe. Nothing was more important than that. "You did well," he finally said before he lifted his head and kissed her chin lightly. "I think you can tell how this would be effective to use against most opponents. It can drive someone mad if you do it long enough."

He kissed her chin and she tilted her head down to catch his mouth with hers for an instant.
"I can see that. It's... scary," she admitted, "Useful, yes, but..."
She shook her head.
"You really miss her don't you?"

Radon Mont

R
Radon smiled a little when she kissed him. "Yes, it can be scary, especially when it's done to you. And yes, I miss her very much. Every day. She always looked out for me, and I always tailed around after her. We were inseparable." Why shouldn't he miss her? And the worst of it all? He'd lost her. He'd lost her to a bunch of humans that had decided to kill her when she tried to escape from her captors. He'd killed them, but that didn't fix the hurt. It just made him more angry. "It's alright, though. I have you. You understand me. You love me. You fix me." He leaned up to her and kissed her again. "Thank you."

"You can talk to me," she reminded him gently, "About anything. Your sister, your fears, the baby, anything. I meant that."
She hugged him to her tighter, tilting her head up to hiss him on the top of his head.
"I love you, Radon."

Radon Mont

R
A smile touched his lips and the tears stopped altogether. "I know. Thank you," he said to her comment about talking to her about anything. Yes, he knew he could talk to her about anything that was possibly bothering him There were times that a lot of things bothered him. Admittedly he was afraid of being a father, mostly because he knew that his existence would put the child in danger thanks to his activities. He would have to ensure Lenne and the baby's safety. "I love you as well, Lenne. I would be nothing but lost without you. No purpose." He ran his hands over her back and then picked her up to set her in his lap. That would keep her close. "Do you think you have the Fear thing down well enough you could use it on someone if they came after you?"

On his lap she pressed her body into his, putting her arms around him to pull his head into her chest.
"I... don't really know. I know how to use it, but I only just learned. It isn't something I can practice on a regular basis though, you know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom