Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To be a paragon (OPEN Group Training Session. Padawans encouraged!)

Asaak came in at some point around the moment [member="Kiskla Grayson"] began her answer to another Padawan. The invitation to the group training session had floated in to her mind like a daydream and Asaak was hard-pressed to decline. It was too much of an opportunity, especially considering who might come. Tython was becoming a hot spot for Jedi visitors and the Togruta was eager to learn as much as possible. Every day that passed brought her a little closer to the Force as she understood it and she was eager to master it.

When she arrived she saw two she already knew, [member="Moroi Wareyasui"] and [member="Meeristali Peradun"], and then several others she didn't including - to her delight - another Togruta. It was hard to miss her. Even without her montrals she towered over Asaak. She stayed quiet and listened to the introductions, committing every one's names to memory as she moved to stand with Moroi and Stali, speaking up when others had finished. "I'm Asaak Tey. I second the idea of Art of the Small," she said, looking to her fellow Padawan with a small smile.

Truly she was willing to learn just about anything that would allow her to sink in to the Force, but there was incredible potential from all she knew of Art of the Small. Not only could she alter things to help those around her, but she could use it to hide herself in the Force, something that she had wished she could do in more than one mission already.

[member="Maya Whitelight"] [member="Talon Vosra"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] [member="Sam Jhovna"] [member="Sumalee"]

Hasjo Hallu had shortly been behind Asaak. The last few padawans were trickling in. Even those who served in the Navy had to make time for training. He shrouded himself in a thick brown woollen cloak. The hilt of a tiny lightsaber at his waist, for fitting for a young woman's hands than the huge hands of a fully grown Nautolan male. When people mentioned the Art of Small, Hasjo was not too fond of the suggestion. He was a weak force user, and while his Master, Sochi Ru, had been teaching him to access the force through physical exercise. His bond to the force was still weak.

He did not stand beside any others, recognising a few that he was familiar with. But he didn't really call any of them friends, nor would they call him a friend - he supposed. It had always been like that. Hasjo was the black sheep, and maybe that was why he found himself on the bridge of a ship rather than having fun with fellow padawans. It was just easier to ignore social circles when you had a job to do.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sam remained with Master Grayson as Master Jacobs retreated to teach her students anew. Since her question had already been answered she remained optimistic that her fellow students would lead the class direction. The girl from Coruscant simply tucked her hair behind her ears and nodded patiently. What would they learn next?

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
It was getting somewhat uncanny just how often [member="Asaak Tey"] and Moroi managed to find themselves in the same place. It made sense of course, they went to the same academy, but it was getting to the point of being genuinely impressive. She wasn't unwelcome however and Moroi found himself smiling unwittingly as she crossed the area to stand with Stali and him. For once since she'd gotten here however, she wasn't the most striking alien in the room, or even the most striking Togruta. Moroi's small form was forced to painfully crane his neck upward to see top of the absolutely massive Togruta. Was...that the normal size for Asa's species? Was she the runt of the species or did they irradiate this one something fierce? Moroi didn't have a chance to admire the Togruta behemoth for very long though as the requests started to file in. He had read about the technique in question, the Art of the Small, and while he too shared their intrigue, he had also done all the research available to him in the library on it and he wasn't quite sure they were at the necessary level to really delve in to the subject. At the very least he knew Asa, Stali, and himself weren't remotely close to being ready and from what he knew of the newest arrival, Hasjo, he probably wasn't ready either. The others were completely unknown to him, so it would be foolish to assume the blanket statement applied to all of them, but it definitely seemed too complicated a technique for a Padawan. But...Moroi was nothing if not ambitious and rather eager to prove he can do what he is logically told he could not, so if the Masters decided to entertain the art of the small request, Moroi certainly was not going to protest. Part of him wanted to leave right then and follow the other Master doing something truly miraculous with the plants, but Moroi quickly wrote that idea off. Anything he'd learn would be academic in nature and as much as he disliked them, he knew what his limits were right now. He'd hope for something more practical he could learn out of this, but if academics were all he could get he couldn't think of a better subject.

As this request happened though, he noticed something that was peculiar to him. Moroi never truly got to know the Nautolan, [member="Hasjo Hallu"] and his dealings with him were almost always in silence or simply referencing him rather than dealing with him directly. His sought out solitude was still somewhat surprising, he seemed moderately talkative to Master Gan and Dom'rius before in the brief moments where speech was appropriate. Moroi wouldn't be able to explain why he did what he did should he be asked, he didn't really think about it, his body just reacted. The boy gently placed his hand on Asa's shoulder, letting it linger for a moment, to let her know he was moving and he took off, sliding around behind the other students present and toward the Nautolan. He had considered calling him over, gesturing him to join the group, but that would have given him the opportunity to decline, and Moroi was far too much the cocky little poodoohead to allow him that chance. He didn't say anything when he got there, merely standing next to Hasjo. Moroi was too proud and full of himself to actually admit to trying to be nice and inclusive of Hasjo, this was the closest to kindness he was able to get. So there he stood, silent, patiently waiting for the response from their instructors.

[member="Sam Jhovna"] [member="Hasjo Hallu"] [member="Maya Whitelight"] [member="Talon Vosra"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] @Sumalee @Kiskla Grayson [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

"Welcome, newcomers. Thank you for joining us."

As important as it was for students to listen to their teachers, it was also important for the masters to listen to their pupils.

All the interest in Art of the Small was curious to her. If they were Padawans, would they not for better learning the basics and building off? Still, she didn't want to discourage anyone this early. She could always start with the art's basics, as she was..extremely familiar with the art. In fact, it was constantly in practice on her own person. Even now.

Her blonde head cocked.
"Why all the interest in Art of the Small? What do you know of it already?"

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Tracyn wasn't wearing his armor, he was wearing his usual attire that he wore when he was near water: Shorts and a pair of Space-Bans. He leaned back, setting his armor down. He gently floated in the knee-high pool, glancing to the other Jedi here and there, further upstream. Didn't matter to him. He leaned back against the rock, pulling up his book.

He let the water trickle across his chest, humming as he turned the paper pages. Dime novel, something about a Mandalorian and a Jedi, forbidden in love.

Ahahahaha, it only hurts when he laughed.

As much as liking to be asked the question, how much would she have to give way. It the feeling in this bunch that it seem that everyone knew each other well for the most part. What would those around say would they put judgement upon her.

Taking a few deep breath, before closing her feeling as if her mother spirit was with her. My sweet sweet child, go tell be proud of what I taught you, love always child. Opening her eyes once again. Clearing her though, as she was a Zeltron so those of them that knew of her race know of the beatitude she had, how other desire them full.

I know Art of Small, by my mother teaching. As it was she was on the path to teach me, by giving me the basic of what was need for me to aid me to one day, be able to begin, to learn. As it may, the force call her home. I was left with out her, and the knowledge of it. Even those she is gone I still feel that she with me, now and always. I wouldn't be who you see before today if it wasn't for my mother.

Even those she was still young there time that wisdom come upon her, even as young as she must seen to other in the room. It was what she had been through for one such young the experience she had living on the life as smuggler daughter. To be taught skills of both worlds of jedi world that her mother had once called been call. Also of her father that smuggler for his living. This she takes to heart everyday, with her own path, not one made for her but one that she choice to be on. [member="Kiskla Grayson"][member="Moroi Wareyasui"][member="Asaak Tey"]
@Spencer Jacobs

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sam couldn't help but notice [member="Tracyn Ordo"] at a distance. And while she would have easily liked to laugh and giggle as his presence, she thought better of encouraging his rather unique behavior. No matter how much it made her chuckle inside.

As for this 'Art of the Small' question? Sam had no idea what that was. So she remained inquisitively quiet. No need to express her lack of knowledge just yet. She would be patient and accept the lessons as they came.

Asaak turned her head just slightly when she felt Moroi's hand on her shoulder, watching him for a moment to see where he went and smiling a bit when he met up with Hasjo. Just like him not to give the Nautolan an option. But she quickly turned her attention back to Kiskla when the Master responded, looking a bit abashed.

She listened to Maya explain her interest in the Art of the Small. She nodded encouragement, knowing her fellow Padawan's reasons were concrete, made more sense than her own. For Asaak, the Art of the Small was a challenge, grasping at something she wasn't sure she'd be able to hold. With a Master like Rasu Gan she never felt wanting for a lesson. She had learned an incredible amount in her time with the Shi'ido honing not only the basics that every Force user should master, but learning more complicated abilities such as flow-walking. She viewed the group session as an opportunity to learn another thing that would require more of her.

When Maya was finished, she piped up her own answer. "I don't have any personal experience seeing the ability used, but I've read what it entails. To be able to change something, to help my Order and the people we protect...it's exciting. If I remember right, it's also a way to hide your presence in the Force. I've been on several missions and I already know that would be extremely helpful. But I know it's complicated and perhaps not for Padawans." She fell quiet again. She knew that asking for Art of the Small might be much and she would respect whatever decision Kiskla made. Really she was just eager to learn whatever she could from the Master.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"] [member="Maya Whitelight"] [member="Tracyn Ordo"] [member="Talon Vosra"] [member="Sam Jhovna"] [member="Sumalee"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Moroi Wareyasui"] [member="Hasjo Hallu"]

[member="Hasjo Hallu"] [member="Sam Jhovna"] [member="Moroi Wareyasui"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"] [member="Asaak Tey"] [member="Maya Whitelight"]

"Padawan Tey." He said noticing her comment about hiding in the force, "if you want to learn to hide your presence in the force. I would be more than happy, with the council's permission, teach you the Quey'tek meditation or force concealment."

He didn't want to discourage the use of the Art of Small technique but the uses of the ability were nearly endless and in the wrong hands the effects could be catastrophic. He smiled at Master Grayson whose judgement he more than trusted. He mearly wanted to give options.

"Perhaps later I can give a class on force concealment for advanced Padawans and above Master Grayson?" He said concluding his offer.

The first Padawan spoke, proclaiming that she already had knowledge of the art. However, in her eulogy she forgot to mention just how much she knew, or if she did, Kiskla didn't understand. She just got caught up in the loss of a mother -- something she could identify with.

Then the new Padawan, the Togruta spoke. Before Kiskla could speak up, Talon interjected.

"That would be most welcome, Talon." The blonde said, tucking a loose strand behind her ears. "Padawan Tey, if you'd like to take up Talon's offer I shan't be offended. The Art of the Small is..complicated. Very very complicated as it has many applications. If there is one element you'd like to focus on first, perhaps it would benefit you in the long run.

And I'd like to help you Maya. But it is a very complicated lesson, and there was a request for barriers as well. Perhaps we can touch on both. What do you all think?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lady Grayson was thoughtful in her reply but wanted her audience to take firm direction. Deciding that she had best make a decision, Sam mused about Peradun's comments.

"Barriers would be an excellent place to start."

Jhovna remained at attention and scanned the room for support.

It was then that he spoke up again, though only to agree with [member="Sam Jhovna"], glad that some thought it prudent to start with something less taxing and more simplistic. The Art of the Small, as he understood from his readings in his now-thorough studies of the Jedi in moments when he was not training, was incredibly complex, requiring an amazing depth of focus, and good strength in the Force.

"I agree - let's start with barriers." Though, it was obvious he would agree, given he had suggested it in the first place. "I wouldn't want to have us all wiped out so quickly. I'm certain I read somewhere that Art of the Small would be rather difficult at our level... not that I want to dissuade anyone from trying."

Then he glanced over at Sam and gave her a fair smile, before returning his attentions back to [member="Kiskla Grayson"].

"I agree. I invite those of you interested in Art of the Small to visit Master Alince in the libraries and research it. Then, I am more than happy to give you an introduction. It is very taxing, and for the purpose of this forum, I'd like to make sure not everyone is drained.

And keep things at a fairly even pace." Such were the issues with groups.

"A Force barrier is an excellent technique for the Jedi." Kiskla commented "Not only for protecting ourselves, but others. However, depending on what you're blocking, it takes an amount of energy and focus.

Today, we'll start small.

How many of you are familiar with the telekinetic ability Force Push? Essentially, I'd like you to imagine that you are pushing an object from yourself, but instead of hitting an object, don't let your push go on as a limitless effort. Visualize how it interacts with the flow of The Force, and see if you can feel it as a curve among the Force's natural current."
For the visual learners, she lifted her hand and showed them her palm. Soon, a shimmering stasis field bubbled from her palm and touched the grass, and stretched above her head.

Alan

Tracyn watched from a distance, an apple clung in his hand. He stood up after a moment, taking a bite of the apple. He walked forward, his bare feet wading in the water. He chewed on the apple, as he walked forward, towards the group. His feet moved the water, cascading ripples for a moment before the gentle current took them further downshore. He walked towards the group, completely ignoring Kiskla. Setting his apple on a rock smoothed by years of the gentle stream, he folded his hands in front of him, and simply watched the group, and would offer any input, if need be.

There didn't seem to be a pressing need for one, however.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sam watched with curious eyes a one, Tracyn Ordo, approach and seemed baffled as to his entrance. Perhaps he was another student as well.

Master Grayson explained the philosophy of the barrier and did a wonderful job with her example. Though, Sam was far to shy to attempt any application at this time. Instead she turned to face [member="Meeristali Peradun"] and purse her lips.

Maybe he should go first? She wasn't sure if she was ready to mess it all up, just yet.

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
Moroi watched the display of Master [member="Kiskla Grayson"] and he couldn't help but be excited...and he wasn't very good at hiding this excitement. Barriers were never something he was especially interested in, he usually preferred to attack problems rather than defend against them, but he couldn't help but get excited at seeing something new. Unfortunately, Moroi would demonstrate again that he, ultimately, was a child and he could not help but push the lesson along by being reckless, foolhardy and mischievious. Thankfully it was at least serving a point today. The next question was who to target. Out of the people he actually knew at this gathering, there was Stali, Asa, and [member="Hasjo Hallu"] and while he wouldn't want to pass up the chance to potentially peg Hasjo in the head, he decided it might not be the most prudent time for practical jokes while he was half-way attempting to be nice. So that left [member="Asaak Tey"] and [member="Meeristali Peradun"] to chose from, but who to choose? Eenie, meenie, miney...

"Stali, catch!"

Mo, Moroi quickly raised his hand at a nearby pebble, no larger than his thumb, and drew it in to the air before flinging his arm across his body, consequently flinging the rock from it's levitated resting state and aiming it straight for Stali's chest. He didn't fling it fast enough to cause any real damage, or any damage at all, in fact it probably wouldn't do more than annoy the tightly packed ball of muscle that was his friend, but it would be a good chance to see if he was as talented as Moroi hoped and maybe he'd return the favor for him. The technique itself seemed simple enough...he hoped, or he had just pelted his friend with a rock, nevermind, he hoped it was super complicated.

Alan

There was an arm, a blur of tan skin and razor thin blonde hair that dwell on it shifting in the rapid wind produced by it's movement. The pebble, thrown to one padawan, [member="Meeristali Peradun"], was caught in the hand of one, Tracyn Ordo. He had moved like a bolt of lightning, catching the pebble in his mighty fist that had shed so much blood and broken many of bone. Eyes did not move for a moment, instead focused on the fist of himself. Tracyn turned his head ever so slowly, facing the Padawan with a disappointed look. He held the pebble in his hand, stepping forward to face the padawan, pebble in hand.

He simply shook his head, and gently laid the pebble back on the ground, at the Padawan's feet.

"Do that again, and you're going to personally polish every single one of Master Phylis' books."

Keeping her eyes on the teaching wanting nothing more to learn to be at the level her mother was at when she left the living join the force. Walking up more to get a better looking. Trying to give a smile to those around learning. It was hard to be the new one in the group, as it seem they had all bonded together of sorts.
Closing her eyes taking a very deep breath in letting it go out one long breath. Watching but it was unseen she was reaching out to feel what [member="Kiskla Grayson"] was doing to make the bubble. Knowing that this could come in very handy. Like the others holding out her hand as she went into a deep state of mind, letting the force now flow out from her to the task at hand. To her surprise nothing happen at first. Little by little it came to her first it was nothing but could feel but this would take some time for her. Practice she did, for a long as it would take for her to figure it out. KNowing that she wasn't start from the begiining being able to feel the force use a touch of it all her life thanks to her mother training and pushing.

Vala Melina

Jedi...Eventually
Jedi Padawan Vala Melina walked toward the group. Unlike the others in the group, she didn't have a lightsaber hanging off her belt, only a simple vibroblade. She kept her hood on as she trudged along the shoreline. Her Master suggested to go out on her own and learn from others. Though she was a little reluctant, any chance to learn shouldn't be squandered.

When she got near enough to hear them she realized they already started a lesson. A little downtrodden, she turned to the tranquil waters and the music of the waterfall thundering down. As she waited for the next lesson she sat on the shore, swirled the water a bit with her hand, at peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom