Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Tingel Arm Refugee Rights Organization

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Organization Name: Tingel Arm Refugee Rights Organization (T.A.R.R.O)
  • Classification: Non-profit Political Organization/Group
  • Affiliation: Secretly allied to TSE, led by Darth Strosius Darth Strosius
  • Organization Symbol:
    Torro-Symbol-1-1.png
  • Description: The Tingel Arm Refugee Rights Organization, often referred to as T.A.R.R.O. for short, serves as one of the few groups formed from the remnants of the Sith Empire that isn't a warlord or some form of pirate. Rather, they do their best to advocate and represent the numerous refugees from the Sith planets. Mainly they work towards ensuring proper accommodations for these refugees across the galaxy. This includes anything from housing, jobs, and especially religious freedoms.
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
  • Headquarters: Temporary HQ: The Altorious Frigate
  • Domain: No areas of claim, rather they follow the seemingly endless stream of refugees and civilians left in the wake of the Sith Empire. They are very open about their intentions and actions, seeking to gain the attention of refugees and governments alike.
  • Notable Assets: Altorious Cargo Frigate
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Hierarchy:
CEO: The head of the organization, all charities, events, and protests or displays are approved and headed by the CEO

Administrator: Administrators run the supplies and logistics of the organization, as well as acting as the official speakers/faces of the organization in the CEO's stead. They also dictate when and where all events are to take place and are the only ones allowed to contact the CEO.

Officer: Officers are the leaders of the small groups that operate charities, events, and protests.

Volunteer Officer: The first true rank in the organization, Volunteer Officers organize events and serve to inspire other Volunteers to join up.

Volunteer: The lowest rank of the organization, volunteers are exactly as they sound. They make up the bulk of the organization and serve as the manual labor for all of their charity events and rallies.
  • Membership: 20 Members, 15 Volunteers IC: Membership only requires a belief in the cause and to speak with an Officer. OOC: No will want to join, but you can just ask me!
  • Climate: The climate is very sociable and familial. All involved are expected, and usually do, have somewhat similar beliefs in the cause and as such are friendly and cordial.
  • Reputation: While the organization is very friendly and open to most, their goals to fight for the rights of Sith refugees and religious freedoms often earn them a healthy amount of suspicion.
  • Curios: N/A
  • Rules: The rules that the organization follows are fairly standard, but they also have a sort of code that is broken down into five main rules:
1. Our mission is one of pride and justice, uphold respect for all.
2. Hatred shall not cloud our minds, but instead fuel our fires.
3. Our suffering is not our ending, it is our beginning.
4. We are the arm and shield of those that depend on us, be worthy of that.
5. The Force shall set us free.
  • Goals: The main goals of the organization are to ensure and improve the rights of various refugees from the Tingel Arm as well as ensuring that citizens there that are incorporated into new nations have their freedoms upheld. Mainly though, they fight hard to show that not all Sith or Dark Side worshippers are evil and powerful. Religious freedom for the Sith, that is their ultimate goal.
MEMBERS
Darth Strosius Darth Strosius (Founder/CEO)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The organization is very recent, but traces of it can be linked back to before the Sith Empire fully fell. Rumors of strange cultists helping out people in need began circulating the Empire in the months before it collapsed, and they continued on afterwards. Shipments of clothes and food would find refugees as they struggled to make their way in the galaxy post-Sith Empire.

Soon enough these rumors gained a face and a name, as well as plenty of able volunteers ready to take on the galaxy. They immediately set to work organizing help and volunteer relief efforts for all refugees that they could find, slowly spreading out from the Tingel Arm and into the wider galaxy. While the true goals and the CEO of the organization remain a secret to most involved, their presence is still somewhat welcome due to the help that they provide. They ask for no payment nor expect any new members from their deeds. Seemingly they mean well and only want to improve the galaxy.

Last edited:
Under Review Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

An interesting way to follow up on the major events on the eastern side of the galaxy! I like the idea; a refugee crisis is inevitable after the fall of an empire, so a secret organization within an aid group is a fitting way to develop that narrative. Just a few minor things to address before I go ahead and stamp this approved.

• The organization is named TARRO (Tingel Arm Refugee Rights Organization), but the logo shows "TORRO". I'd recommend fixing this so that both the name and the logo use the same abbreviation.

• Is there really no central location for a Headquarters at all, even as a front? If they're presenting themselves as a legitimate non-profit, where are their offices? Where would generous donors mail their fundraising checks?

• In the Membership section, per the template, please provide an approximate number of members. Once someone speaks with an officer and joins the organization, what expectations are there for the volunteers? Do they need to keep up a certain level of activity, or do people just kind of drift in and out of helping out when they feel like it?

Let me know if you have any questions or need any support!

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The Mongrel The Mongrel

I legitimately had been staring at that image as I was working on it for like two hours and never saw the mistake until you pointed it out. I think I need my prescription updated. So the symbol should be fixed, I think the HQ should work, and I had completely forgotten to add an actual member number count so I rectified that.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

I feel ya, I should go get mine updated as well.

You've filled in everything that's necessary, but before I stamp this approved, let me ask: do you want it to be this tiny? Twenty members is not a lot to deal with the untold billions of refugees that the fall of the Sith Empire must have generated. It could work if TARRO only does political lobbying and advocacy, but if they have any kind of presence on the ground - case workers helping with housing and jobs, volunteers manning soup kitchens, maybe medical staff - the organization ought to be a lot larger.

In real life examples, the International Rescue Committee has about 11,000 staff members, while Doctors Without Borders has over 35,000 and the Red Cross / Red Crescent has a whopping 97 million staff and volunteers. All that to help deal with crises on just one planet! Right now, TARRO is smaller than the Dark Wonosa Cult itself, which might make it hard for the cult to hide within the organization. If you really, truly want it to be this small, that's fine, but I'd encourage you to think about it.

Let me know either way and I'll stamp this approved.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The Mongrel The Mongrel

Well, the low numbers are because this is a recent organization started by an Acolyte in order to fight for Sith rights. There's pretty much no reason for him to have a cult at all and as large as he does , let alone a completely separate organization. Also I intend to grow the organization through threads and events. The thing with the cult is that it's not so much that the cult is hiding behind it, it's more like the cult is using the organization as a face to interact with the wider galaxy without being wiped off the map by Jedi or whoever else. The small numbers is also because the members are specifically a certain set of the cult, those that volunteer or are chosen to operate outside the cult. The cult itself is composed mostly of families, families that aren't viable for helping run an operation like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom