Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time off (meret)

Lucien had been sat at his desk since the early hours of the morning. Before him lay a mountain of reports and petitions. Apparently he was the only one who could do anything on this planet. It was times like this that made him question why he bothered to pay an assistant governor all he ever did was have parties. Next to Lucien sat a plate of untouched food, He didn't have time to eat. A servant was stood behind Lucien massaging his neck in an attempt to fend of the aches and pains that came with perching over a desk for six hours, It wasn't working and Lucien was in a foul mood.

A servant approached Lucien's desk and knelt before quickly rising again, His first mistake, "My lord, you should take some time off" He said. Lucien glanced up, The servant had made his second mistake, Lucien placed the pen down on the table. "Last I checked I was a lord and you were a servant, am I incorrect?" He spoke his voice calm. The servant shook his head "No your grace" The servant replied he could tell he had made an error. "I am glad" Lucien said his voice a little louder now "Remember that next time you think to order me around" He flicked his wrist and the servant was sent hurtling from the platform he landed on the floor and a sickening crack rang through the room, The servant groaned. Lucien stood up "Perhaps a break is a good idea" He said. He walked the few steps down from his desk to the desk of his assistant " Please summon the assistant governor its time he did some work and please inquire as to whether Lady Blackmoon is available tell her that I can come to Endor." the he moved out of his study stepping over the servant.

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

It was a good day, a spectacular day. Meret had been Governor of Endor only a for a short period of time but in that time she had made progress with the local populations, located natural energy sources, made contracts with Imperial and Republic companies for mining Endor’s resources. Construction of conference center south of Bright Tree Village was complete and ready to host representatives from across the galaxy.Tourism rated Endor as the number one romantic get-away destination for weddings.

Meret had been up at dawn, hunting with one of the tribes. She was presented her own hunting bow by the tribe leader and dined on roasted fowl. In respect of tribal traditions the governor did not bring any type of technological devices with her. She had a courier that would contact her if she was needed. And there he was waiting for her to finish her meal. He did not look happy and reminded himself that he was just a messenger. He whispered something into her ear. Meret said her good byes and left expeditiously.

Once they were back to her cabin Meret called her staff to assign them tasks. Her chef was to prepare a sumptuous meal. The hunting lodge is where the governors would be dinning. It needed to be cleaned, aired out and spruced up. Fine serving ware, good silver, chrystal stemmed glasses, floral arrangements all needed to be in place. She wondered if she had forgotten anything? Meret looked at her chrono and panicked. He would be arriving in two hours. Music was the only detail she had forgotten. Her personal assistant reminded Meret that a group of musicians were visiting from Naboo. She thought that would be perfect for Lord Cordel.

Meret bathed, primped and preened herself. As she applied her make-up and selected her jewelry she wondered why he was coming to visit. Had he heard of the problems she was having? Was he checking up on her? She did not trust him and she was determined not to be made a fool.

(In answer to your question. Possibly, are you?)
Lucien emerged from his dressing room a short time later. He was immediately approached by the communications officer "Your grace Lady Blackmoon is available your yacht is prepared for departure as soon as you are ready" The officer spoke bowed and the quickly departed. Lucien descended the stairs and met his assistant in the cloak room of his palace He picked up his coat from the attendant and left to board his yacht. He and his assistant boarded the yacht and were on route to Endor within 5 minutes, Things were much more efficient when he was in a bad mood.

He spent the majority of the journey talking to the household staff, The assistant governor was being less than a good guest and getting him to do his job was like pulling teeth, He was the son of Zaadjas empress of trade and he was the price Lucien paid for her loyalty.The journey took little over an hour and a half. As they approached One of the yachts Pilots opened communication with Endor "This is the crew of Lord Lucien Cordel Governor of Zaadja ...." He recited Lucien's many meaningless titles before continuing ".... Requesting Landing instructions"

The control tower crew at the new convention center responded to the pilot of Lord Cordel's ship. "All clear, 03L, 0 3 Llama do you copy? A land speeder with take Lord Cordel to the Sportman's Hunting Lodge for dinner. Do you need anything else? Over." He waited for a response...
The yacht was an impressive site the crew members stood in a row to get a look at the ship. A land speeder left the hangar to meet the yacht.

The pilot replied "nope all Clear thank you" The ship began a slow decent to the surface Landing smoothly. A gaurd stepped into the lounge of the yacht "My lord a speeder awaits you" Lucien nodded "There are a number of people gawking at the ship M'lord" The gaurd added Lucien smiled "We are in strange lands most of these men will never have seen a yacht, Leave them be ... I would hate to offend the women I mean to eat with" He stood up Pulling his jacket from the back of the chair he was sat in and walked the short distance to the land speeder.

He stepped into the speeder followed by his assistant and two guards who sat either side of him. As they sped through Endor's woodland Lucien looked around Endor was a popular tourist spot but he had never seen it. The speeder pulled up in front of the lodge.

Ornately carved wooden candles lit the dinning hall of the sportsmen’s lodge. The long table had two place settings which included all of ten eating utensils, six different glasses, salad plate, soup plate, main plate, and dessert plate. A tray of cheeses and grapes was book ended by deep crimson floral arrangement. In the quiet of the forest the speeder could be heard miles away. A maid ran through the lodge shouting, “Lord Cordel is close at hand!”

Meret checked her make and reapplied her red lips gloss and fussed with her hair. She descended the rustic staircase and viewed an enchanted sight. The staff had done an amazing job in transforming the blood and guts lodge into an elegant dining hall. An ember glowing fire in the hearth crackled and scented the hall with spiced bayberry. She gave a job well done nodded to her staff. Meret put on a white fur trimmed cape to complete the whole package. She arranged the cape so her shoulders were exposed. It resembled a royal train.

Meret stood on the veranda and waited for the land speeder.

Lucien stepped from the speeder followed by his staff members, Lucien gave a curt nod to Meret and his staff gave low bows. He ascended the stairs to the veranda "My Lady Thank you for allowing me the pleasure of your company, This planet is quite beautiful and considerably warmer that the ice filled planet I rule" He said offering his hand "The cloak suits you My Lady" He smiled Glancing behind him he saw the room through the window it was nice, simple but undoubtedly elegant. He awaited her invitation to go inside. " wait with the speeder come strait to me if the fool I left in charge Mucks it up" He called. Then he listened to the sounds of the surrounding forest.

Meret took Lord Cordel’s arm and walked him into the main dining hall. There was a selection of wines chilled at the end of the table. Her father supplied the cellar with only the best wines from Naboo. “ May I recommend the Fume Blanc, it has a slightly smoky bite and goes well with fruit.” The chairs were arranged so that the governors sat next to each other. Their eyes could gaze on the fire in the hearth or the stage where the musicians would perform. Two servers stood on either side of them ready to meet their requests. Simultaneously, they pulled out the chairs for the couple to sit down. The first course was brought in on silver trays. Their choices were oysters on the half shell or pepper cheese canapés. The wine complimented both.

Meret sipped her wine and looked Lord Cordel in his eyes. “My Lord, may I ask what is your purpose for this visit?” She was blunt and wasted no time in getting to the point.

Lucien allowed himself to be pulled into the lodge, It was very nice.He took the seat offered to him "Yes that sounds very nice" He said as he took a glass of the wine Meret had recommended. He selected the oysters to begin. Meret asked him a question He turned to face her "Am I not allowed to visit my friend and colleague for no reason other than the pleasure of her company" He replied with a smile "I must confess I do have a few reasons primarily I need a break from work, It seems I have upset the guild of merchants and the assistant governor is a half wit, however it also occurred to me that Endor is fast becoming the tourist capital of the outer rim and I have never been." He ate one of the oysters, tipping it into his mouth. "My compliments to your chef, Now I have told you my problems how have you been?"

She heard what Lord Cordel said but did he means what he said or did he just lie? Meret watched Lucien swallow the raw oyster. Raw oysters were an acquired taste and legend has it that oysters are aphrodisiacs. She wondered what her chef was plotting. Meret added some lemon and red pepper to her oyster and sucked it down. “Forgive me my Lord for questioning your motives but I am on my toes. Endor is a beautiful paradise rich in natural resources.” The next course was an emerald green asparagus soup garnished with a garlic butter. Asparagus has an odd tasted so a sparkling white wine was paired with it. The servers filled the fluted glasses and the bubbles shimmered in the warm candlelight.

Lucien nodded "It is good that you are wary however I will tell you two things that should put you at ease Firstly it would be rude to invade and or harm you in any way whilst I am your guest and I am many things but intentionally rude isn't one of them secondly If I wanted Endor and or your corpse I would have taken them when you visited me in Zaadja" not the most comforting of statements but true non the less. He Lent back as the server changed courses. The soup was just as pleasant as the last course, Lady Blackmoon had a fine set of staff. He turned back to Meret "How are you finding governance my lady?"

Her eyes widen and sparkled when he asked about her job. “I love it, I truly enjoy my job, as you can see we are making progress while still protecting the indigenous tribes.” The servers brought the salad course and tray of fruit to cleanse the pallet and a new wine was poured into a tulip shaped glass. Meret continued to drink the sparkling wine. A plate with warm finger towels was also place between them.

“I know you are powerful but I don’t know what your game is. My quest is to find out what gives you joy. Arm wrestling? Collecting sports memorabilia? Cooking? Art? So I have a proposal a game of twenty questions, you can refused to answer but then must do a task ordered by the questioner. Agreed? I’ll go first, oh a safeguard during the main course a string quartet from Naboo will play my favorite opus. Sweet or savory food?”

"Good don't employ fools and your attitude may remain that way" He said his voice slightly less sunny. He again lent back Taking a few pieces of fruit and taking another sip of his wine. He smiled "I never thought I was so interesting very well, sweet" He smiled he like games "My turn, yourself or the collective?" He asked with a grin Taking another drink of his wine, and watching as the band began to set up.

She smiled and chose her words carefully and knew lying was not an option. “Myself, I am a survivor. Moonlight or sunshine?” The main course was on the way. Server explained the choices, seared sea bass with micro greens or roasted bison with a fruit chutney. “Bring both I want to taste everything tonight!” Meret knew Lucien liked to play games and maybe she could, just once beat him. She wondered what this was all about. A man of power could have anything with a snap of his fingers. Maybe she was a novelty not like his other friends. While she waited for his answer a crazy thought popped into her head. She considered how nice it would be to be included in his inner circle.

"That wasn't what I asked dear however we will go on, I have to say moonlight day light is for work. Now my question Deterrent or Punishment?" He spoke whith a certain mischief in his voice, He was rather enjoying himself.He turned to the server "Bring both for my self as well" He said then he went silent and just smirked "My lady you should gaurd your thoughts you never know who might see them" He enjoyed reading thoughts he had caught many ... undesirables doing so. He did however welcome Lady Blackmoon to try and beat him, and perhaps he would create an inner circle, he had never really needed one .

Meret fanned herself with her hand; she was blushing. She tried to convince herself that it was the wine but the reality was that Lucien could read her thoughts. She better not let her imagination cross a line. “Punishment, redheads or blonds? I will fill my head with silliness and obscure fact and lurid details oops not that. You don’t have to answer that I can ask you to do a task?” Meret slipped off her cape and asked the server to bring her some ice. “Did you slip something in my wine?” Having a little fun with him she winked. A server whispered to Meret “Since you both requested both entrees it is taking a little longer…” “We are fine.” She looked to Lord Cordel “Would you like anything while we wait for the main course?”

Lucien smiled "Why Blondes of course" He smiled. Leaning forward. Meret seemed notably embarrassed, He laughed when she asked about the wine "Me, I would never do something so sordid ... my self, not when I can pay some else to do it for me."He said feigning offence. Lucien thought for a few seconds "May I have this dance?" he said offering his hand. He recalled Meret thinking that a man like Lucien could have anything he wanted with a click of his fingers, so he clicked his fingers.

His timing was perfect because the string quartet was ready to play. Meret put her hand in his and she started to explain her phobia about being touched by other beings but stopped because he could read her thoughts. She then let him know it was now different for him. She welcomed his touch. The servers moved the chairs so they could stand up. The music began slow, andante. She felt his hand in the small of her back as he pulled her close. Her heart raced. Meret wondered if he knew how to do the tango? “You still need to talk because I cannot read your thoughts.” She placed her other hand on his shoulder and her index finger traced his trapezius muscle along the outside of his neck.

Lucien nodded He didn't say anything aloud but Meret would hear him non the less. He spoke directly into her mind "I don't really know how to tango, teach me" He smiled as she pulled him to the front of the stage He took her hand in his and put his left hand on the small of her back. "I am flattered that you are allowing me to do this by the way" He said again into her mind.

Meret leaned close to the leader of the Quartet. “ Do you know, Abandono, the Hapan Tango?" He smiled and said “Yes!” She started to instruct Lucien “Turn so your right side presses against my left side, now stretch out your left hand and take my right hand, get the rhythm, listen to a few bars of music….” Then it occurred to her that it would be easier to show him mentally. She pictured them dancing the tango…

Shrills strings announced the beginning of the dance. He held her close, they moved as one, the tulle ruffles of her gown clung to his trouser pant leg, They extended their arms straight forwarded and pressed the side of his face against her face. They placed their free hands in the small of each other backs. The music started out allegro non tropo, not too much, just little steps as they moved forward, advancing to the edge of the stage. They stopped and Lucien snapped his hand executing a flawless Alemana turn, Meret left his body turning a complete circle then returning to his arms. He leaned Meret forward allowing her to lay back on his bent knee. She laced her fingers around his neck and then pulled herself up so they were face to face. In classic Hapan style Lucien embraced Meret at the waist; she went limp then she arched her back as they completed three full turns.

“Did you see that? Listen to the music and we’ll start on the four count…one and a two and a three and a four.” The dance began.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom