Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Through the Mirror Darkly

Jsc

Disney's Princess
MirrorMirror03_zpsdcb4432d.png
The Deep Core
Empress Teta

Be mindful of the present, my young apprentice. These were words he remembered well. For they had been spoken by his mentor many times before. The present, as it is said, is the very oracle into the future. And yet, as he stared into the strange mirror that awoke before him. Something else began to stir inside. As if was reaching out to show him something. ...Everything. And then,

*snap*

The mirror cracked. Just a sliver.

Shaken, the robed figure stepped back from the green watery wharf, and shook his beleaguered head. A thousand different visions of the present had unfolded, unraveling like balled string. Sprawling outward before him. Just, before the mirror could fade. What where these strange moments of time? Crystalized so perfectly like gemstones of the mind. He closed his sheltered eyes and let his red cloak drift into silence. Concentrating. Letting the images stir. Seeing the visions again and this time letting the mirror take him. And just before his whole world was bathed in new light, he heard it again. Be mindful of the present, my young apprentice. Least you pass through this world too sharply.

As his body tumbled to the floor and the unnatural sleep set in. Visions of the present, began to unfold, and we begin our journey through the mirror. Darkly.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

She stands upon the threshold of this place, dark and full of mystery. Many had been here before her. Some, she is told, live to tell the tale, while others succumbed and left shattered, disillusioned and vowed never to return. Her eye try and penetrate the darkness but to no avail. She is sweating, her nerves on edge and she ponders the idea of retreat. No one would blame her if she did, it would be entirely understandable. But she has no choice, too much time has passed to turn back now.

Juliette pins back her shoulders and stands lifting her head high, proud and defiant. I am an Antarian Ranger! She reminds herself to give courage, but this place, this unknown removes her resolve. A shaking hand rises up crosses her body and reaches for the switch, fumbling she finds it. Her long nailed finger applies pressure and an echoing click ignites the light source. Low and behold the sight of the room is as ghastly as her imagination had envisaged. The Ship’s Galley, a place only the brave will dare to enter.

Such well-worn boots has she, boots that have seen many a campaign and aided her through the dark times. Now, on this threshold, they will once more, as she walks forward toward the oven. Strange, cold and uninviting is the oven and yet she cannot turn from it. She runs her long fingers through her hair, then unbuttons her jacket, it is stifling or it is adrenalin? Odd buttons and switches wink at her begging her to press them. But she is stronger than that and denies them. Juliette reaches to the side and pick up a pot, turning it around examining it pondering its application. She looks back to the oven, “Now .. how do I fly this thing?”.

"Help is not always for those who cannot see,
but for those who have seen too much.
"​

Ekul Selah found the marble floors smooth under his feet, but cold and forgiving. The sound of cloudcutters and starscrapers crumbling away and ploughing into the planet was enough to jar his teeth. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant was a place of solitude, peace and prosperity, but such days had finally dawned. The python of fear constricted itself around his heart as his stomach churned. He brushed past the maimed, mutilated and wounded Jedi that fled to safety - and their ultimate demise. An immense diversification of species that interlaced themselves into the stretching crowd that scarpered away from the ensuing fight at the temple steps.

Entering into the vestibule he was greeted with a most diabolic sight. The fallen who could not be carried away remained. Their robes cast asunder, deep wounds festered where the molten streak of a plasma blade had extinguished their life. The One Sith were ruthless, and horribly efficient. Ekul, now nearing his late sixties, had to reconcile himself from these atrocities. He repeated to himself, quietly, as to not stir the dragon that sought out the Jedi, weeding them out from whatever hole they could find themselves hiding in. "There is no death, only the Force." It was the final mantra of the Jedi Code. He couldn't think of anything else to say. Nay, it was not time to think.

A slimed skinned nautolan hurtled past him, one of the few Jedi remaining on their feet unaided. In his hands was a large metallic pole, Ekul did not need to pry with the Force to feel the connection this creature had with the weapon. It was purposefully symbolic, a ying and yang. Jedi; protectors of peace. Lightsaber; taker of lives. For all their training, there was instances as these the taking of lives could not be avoided. He willed himself not to mutter that the Sith deserved it, even in the sight of the younglings that lay frozen in time, never again and forever unmoving. He was still a Jedi, and he owed the galaxy a duty. If that mean't his life, such was his destiny.

He followed the Jedi, now far ahead, out of the mouth of the Jedi Temple and onto the steps where a fierce battle flowed. He watched as the nautolan burst into the fray, wielding a cerulean lightsaber pike with the deftness, flair and ingenuity unlike he had ever seen before. An expert of his craft. He moved without second thought for his own life and personal regard, upholding the deepest tenants of the Jedi philosophy. Duty before anything else. And their duty today was to spare others of the slaughter they would lay witness too.

An unnoticed trooper fired upon him. If not for the Force, Ekul would have been blasted there and then. His instincts kicked into gear. He found himself leaping aside as he relinquished himself to the cosmic energies. Allowing it to guide him. The marble steps beside his feet were reduced to a molten slag. He reached towards his belt and seized his lightsaber. Before the trooper, who was carefully lining up his shot, could fire again, Ekul activated the blade. With a fierce electronic growl, the energy shaft surged forth, as if eager to be free after all this time.

He let the Force wash him towards the trooper, an invisible cascade that carried him down the steps and in a long arc toward the floor. Ekul swung the blade once, then reversed the stroke, slashing and melting through the troopers armour. The soldiers body slumped to the ground in a meaty thud. Ekul rose his chin from the gnarled corpse, looking vacantly at the army that marched onto the temple. There was no hope. They were helpless. A flurry of attacks caught his eye as another Jedi went down in a howl of pain. Ekul quickly battered away a handful of blaster bolts that moved his way, but someone was pulling their attention.

Ekul observed in open awe as the nautolan moved through the horde, his body moving in two and three directions at once, joints flexing, unlimited by human vertebral restraints. Who he touched went down. And those who went down, stayed down. Ekul realised it was true for what they said about the double-bladed lightsabers, 'they can make enemies stampede over each other running for cover.' Each attack following into the next was as fluid and effortless as his own blinking. He cleaved a path through the Sith troops, he was making himself a target. Distracting the enemy from the Jedi that needed to retreat - lest they die.

The lightsaber pike twirled between the creatures aquatic fingers, slamming a disruptor bolt as though he were a baseball player. His pike short-circuited. The plasma vanished before the Jedi could even react. Ekul rushed to his defence, but it was too late. Three slugs slammed into the nautolan. One through his hip, another through his mid-section and a third grazed his shoulder. Fire burst to life, he ignited. And he shrieked. He let out an involuntary Force Bellow in pure agony. A deafening roar that washed out the noise of battle as the nautolan burned alive. Ekul couldn't help but sink to his knees and clasp his ears, pain erupted as his eardrum burst.

Through blurred vision he watched the nautolan. He had dropped his Lightsaber Pike, fleeing, flailing, towards the Temple in retreat. His running became sluggish footsteps, the fire was tearing through his flesh. It was taking a toll on him. It was killing him, slowly, ever so slowly and painfully. In a show of considerable skill, the Jedi utilised the Force to expel the flames. He staggered forward. Slugs tore through his chest once more, a single solitary quiet gasp for air could be heard. Then he fell. He slammed against the steps like a carcass slapping on the floor of a slaughter house. Three holes in his chest. He remained unmoving.

Awk!
Ekul Selah gasped aloud, then subsequently choked on thin air, producing a racking cough. He shot up from the uneven permacrete floor and out of his nightmare, drawing his robes near to him for warmth. The slums of Coruscant were as equally unforgiving and cold as the marble steps that day. "It was just a dream," he murmured quietly to himself under a dimmed streetlamp. He tried to calm his racing heart, practicing the breathing techniques he had learnt at the Temple. The place he had called home since he was twelve, and at sixty, that reduced pile of rubble was still his home, but for now, these streets would be his home away from home.

He couldn't count the months he had been on the run, but it certainly had not been any longer than a year. He was grimy and unclean, finding himself incapable of accessing any form of washing, wether it would be his body or clothes. He did not mind this life on the streets, albeit a lonely one, he could always rely on the Force as his deepest ally - and friend. He rolled himself over, curling his knuckles on the thick, woollen fabric, resting his head gently back down on cardboard. He drifted off to sleep, reciting wisdom to himself as a lullaby;

"I wear my robe so that I am warm;
I carry my lightsaber that I am safe;
and I keep enough credits for my next meal,
so that I am not hungry.

If the Force wants me to have more,
it finds a way of letting me know."​

THE PRIEST, THE BROKEN, THE WARLORD:

All was silent aboard the Damocles, no signs of life onboard. Other than three unconscious figures, the ship was badly damaged and what surrounded the ship looked like something similar to that of a small asteroid field of broken up ships, and armoured bodies floated about the wreckage. The only ship left intact was the Domacles, it was clear from the state of the ships outer structure there had been a battle. But as to with who it was not easy to tell, the scattered wreckages held no symbols of any particular faction, this was the same for the Damocles. However, aboard the ship were three men. A brokem man with nothing to lose, a saddened priest of a culture long since dead forced to violence and a vicious, a proud warlord hungry for power. One man destined, another forced and the third wanting. All for war and bloodshed, and conflict. Different threads of the same cloth, intertwined in their unending search for an answer to questions they themselves don't understand.

But who or what had brought them together? Was it a mythic coincidence that such men would meet on a broken battlefield or was it the mystical all powerful force at work? Such questions needed answered, and only the future held such answers. Three men, three shards of life. Splintered and broken glass shrouded them all, as if someone was watching. There was someone rooting for each side, the warlord, the broken man, and those forced to act.
But, which was Jaryn?

Slowly clenched his fist against the cold steel of his ships corridor floors, air escaped his lungs and he threw his helmet aside and spat blood on the floor, gripping at his gut with his right hand as he had been thrown hard around the walls of his ship during a battle. He, had been caught in the crossfire of a battle between two ships. Whom had both sufficiently destroyed their own ships, crashed into the Dramocles and then everything started spinning. It felt like he had forgotten to put on his restraints on one of those pod racing simulators, he could barely stand as it was. Especially with his left arm dislocated from his shoulder, it felt twisted and like something had snapped. Possibly his collarbone, his head hinged to one side and he limped slowly out of his current location. The other two aboard his ship, where were they? They could've possibly been dead, he hoped they were dead. But, his luck was about to run out. Ahead of him, a corridor was blocked by debris, this being the corridor that led to the cockpit meant he wouldn't be able to just walk in. At least, there were vents. But, they'd be good for something. Jaryn made his way slowly towards the debris and threw his dislocated arm into a whole within the debris small enough for his arm to fit inside. Jaryn took a short breath and snapped the arm back into its socket. He gritted his teeth, discipline of pain was always useful.

Jaryn pulled himself back from the debris and took one of his sabers from his belt and began cutting down the debris with the blazing blue blade and with little effort soon the debris fell to the ground, Jaryn made sure to carve only enough space to fit through. Jaryn was not as well prepared as he had expected, he was bruised all over and his limp was slowing him down. But, he didn't even know who was still alive, all he knew was that he was alive and frankly that was all that mattered, he wasn't about to let some random fool he didn't know get in his way.

Jaryn arrived in the cockpit of his ship, quickly scanning over each of the terminals. Everything seemed functional, other than the fact life support was dodgy in the cargo bay. But, thankfully his holofeed was still active and therefore he could search about the compartments of his ship for any survivors. The ex-jedi sat down in a seat, resting momentarily as he flicked through the holofeed. His hand froze as he came across his living quarters to find a man throwing a large slice of cloth around an open wound on his leg, the rest of his body clad in armour and cloak. He couldn't recall ever seeing the man among the boarding parties that had arrived on his ship. -So, there's someone else here. Let's see if I can find a body this time- Flicking through the feed once again, Jaryn came across two figures. A man drowned in a pool of electrified water, the electrification was coming from a detached cable. The other however was huddled up in the corner of where the holofeed could reach with a double blade in one hand and a single blade in the other, his hands were dripping with blood. -How long have I been out for?- Jaryn wondered, he wasn't panicking. But, simply curious. He had to move, if not now then they might make a move for him first.

Jaryn leapt from the cockpit and began moving towards the living quarters, then if we could find and kill this man he would and his next stop would be engineering, where he saw the man with his hands, soaked in blood. Jaryn arrived at the corridor that went directly to his living area, the ex-jedi cautiously made his way towards the door; allowing his hand to fall flat on the surface of the door...searching for any signs of life inside. Taking the red saber from his belt in his left hand, he opened the door and leaped into the dining area. Looking around all the corners, he couldn't see anyone but he felt it underneath his feet, he heard it.

Squish!

The sound of half dried up blood from his quarters through the dining room and into the adjacent door that led to lunch hall. Follow that, it takes you to an elevator that can take you to engineering. But, that wasn't the only thing that Jaryn could sense. You could almost smell it! Battle was in motion, conflict had passed through these corridors recently, blood had been spilt. Fresh. Blood. Jaryn leapt across the dining table to the opposing door and found he was correct, a bloody handprint smeared across the control panel. Jaryn slammed his hand into the control panel and it shot up open, the ex-jedi entered a full on sprint to the elevator, but came to a full stop as he found the armour clad man lying there...bleeding out, and by the looks of it he was a mercenary or a mandalorian. His very own blade rammed ripped through his stomach and crushed his ribs and damaged his organs. "You..." The dying man growled, "This is your fault, that crazy man did this to me...I had finished with this life, of glory and riches. I was finished, I was finally returning home to a family that loved me, and you! YOU CAUSED THIS!" The dying man reached out to the silent ex-jedi, horrified by his past convictions. "Go, doing into the engineering deck...see what your misdeed has created..." The man spat blood into his transparent visor as he went limp and life left his body. -That can't be right, I didn't cause this. I-I, I was caught in the crossfire. I can't say I remember everything but that is what I can glimpse from the shattered memories. They opened fire as I was passing by and everything went to hell, I remember..do I remember?- Jaryn almost slapped himself as he let self-doubt creep into his mind. This dying man was delirious, he had to be wrong.

Jaryn moved on, and into the elevator. He flicked his fingers and the elevator began to move. He was going to engineering, to put an end to this crazed man in a robe and to silence his doubt. Everything was moving smoothly when the elevator stopped halfway, he was three floors away from engineering. Maybe he had made a mistake, but the door to this section of the ship wasn't opening either! Suddenly, the elevator entered freefall and as soon as it started, it was over. Jaryn was thrown about in his own ship, again. -...This is becoming tiresome- He thought, he was frustrated. By this disturbance, these accusations. He didn't know what to believe.

Jaryn used the force to send the engineering deck's doors flying off their mechanical hinges, he crawled through the small space he had left due to the elevators freefall stunt, again he was barely able to slip through. However, as soon as he did he was tempted to crawl back in and run away. The corridor was all black except for the sparkling electric blue of the unstable cable in the water, and with every few sparks that went flying over to the edge farthest away from Jaryn the silhouette of the man clad in cloak drew closer. "I want you to know, I had a wife and a daughter on my ship. I had left everything I had behind for them, and now because of you they are dead. You couldn't just leave well enough alone, you had to get involved. As always, meddling scum. I don't care if you're ex-jedi or not. I'M GOING TO TEAR YOU APART!" Jaryn took a single step backwards and activated both of his blades as the man charged forward, a crimson double blade in one hand and a orange single blade in the other.

It only hit him then, at this point it was only obvious to us. These three men drawn to violence? They were here because he was, he was all three. He was once a peaceful man forced to act at the battle of coruscant, and his burden of failure broke the man and laid chains across his body and mind, and now a man with a hunger for the power to stop such things from ever happening again, a man who wanted to be something. This was a long and painful journey, and all of his past ventures were insignificant in comparison to the road that lay before him, a long and lonely one that led to the becoming of him. He could only see a glimpse of such a future through these men. Through these shards, he looked through these men like mirrors into his own soul.

Through the mirror, darkly he looked onward into his own soul. What did he see..?

Planet: Unknown
Sector: Unknown
Purpose: Unknown

Darkness. All around him, he felt it. It flowed through the force, circling him as a stream across a large stone. It had been this was for months now. Serving the sith had brought him a new understanding that he had never had as a jedi. Everything has a price. He'd learned that at a young age. But now, he saw the reality of it. The cost of everyday here was the chance of loosing sight of his goals. He had to stay true to his plans. he couldn't all completely. Every sith had taken him as one of their own. There were no questions of his loyalties. Why would there be? He served faithfully, took what he wished, and let them see every dark emotion he had. It was as if a switch had been flipped. The fox had been caged and the wolf was let out on its leash. Not everyone knew who he was and he would prefer to keep it that way.

"One day. One day, I will have my revenge." The jedi had rejected him, ignored him, and chained him. He had joined to promote freedom and had been repaid with imprisonment. Had they actually caged him? No, but it sure as hell felt that way. That is why he had left. "I just need to find the right moment." He got up from his meditative stance and drew his saber. At the end of the day, it only mattered who was standing and who wasn't. To be among the former, he needed to train. He activated the red blade and swirled his saber. After a quick makashi salute, he began.

His blade danced before him, slashing at an imaginary foe. Faster. A series of quick attacks and he swirled into a roundhouse kick, followed by a practice jab which flowed naturally into the motion. Now Ace. A second later and a series of holograms appeared around him, each hooded figures wielding blue sabers. They came after him from all sides and his body twisted and swirled to block the intangible blades. He couldn't feel them, but Ace was sure to keep the program moving smoothly as he controlled their actions from a console. As his clawed hand slashed through the last of the holograms, he turned to face a a new challenge. The room around him opened its walls to reveal a host of blasters.

"Survive." He weaved around the room, a red orb surrounding his body as he deflected shot after shot. "Adapt." A stray bolt came near and he lifted his hand, focusing the force to absorb the single shot. "Thrive." He continued his deflections and brought his hand out to start his own offensive, shooting bolts of blue and gold into the guns and shutting them off. As the last one lowered, he he deactivated his blade and looked at Ace. "One day. One day, we will not just survive, But we we will have our true victory."

"KARK!" My head slammed into the alley wall with my fist. Why me? Why is it that I ended up being the one who was running from the law? Oh wait, that's right. I was a street rat. Ok, so I wasn't always a street rat, but I was then. And that's precisely why I was stuck there... in that alley. Just outside of my hiding spot I could hear the security forces. "This way, I saw him go this way!" 'Bout now, I was happy to be a zorren. As far as they knew, I was probably some strange human with a tail or some other species. Made getaways pretty easy as I could leap from bilding to building once I was out of sight. Run down one alley, leap to the next. Easy enough.

"I wonder what that princess girl is doing right about now?" Snooty but with a sense of adventure, the girl had certainly left something of an impression. She had spirit and I had to admit that she was rather interesting. If only I had stayed. I wouldn't end u on the wrong side of the law, hiding out as the cops looked for someone who picked the wrong pocket. I wasn't a bad person. At least, I don't think I was. I was just a bit out of money. And when your out of money, and you travel too much for a job, well, what else are you supposed to do?

"Over here, I found him!" I looked over to see a man pointing a stun rifle at me. "OH, FOR THE LOVE OF-" A shot echoed down the alley towards me. My legs sprung me into the air, narrowly avoiding the shot while my hands reached out to grab onto a narrow ledge. "Sorry, can't chat, gotta go!" With that, my climb and dash started, bringing me to the rooftops where my running began.

"Suspect is a humanoid male, tailed, and extremely agile. Be advised, he seems to possess natural weaponry!" My zorren ears picked up every word, even the reply of what I could only assume was his dispatch's question. "No, that's all I've got on his species. I've never seen anything like him." Seems I get that a lot. Helps me escape any serious bounties. Hard to put up a description when you didn't even know their species.

Sugar

Let's Have a Little Fun
Sugar adjusted his tie, looking in the mirror. His reflection blurred mildly, another odd built-in feature from Dadios. He sighed and turned to his newest assistant--a Gamorrean Gazarophone Player. And more importantly, a Smuggler. He didn't talk much--his throat had been slit by a Hutt with a vendetta. Not Lethal to the Porcine powerhouse, but the vocal damage was pretty hefty. Still, he nodded to the big fellow, as if to ask whether or not the task had been accomplished.

The large, green, well-dressed player nodded back. Good, excellent. Somebody on Coruscant would find his first package. One of the pieces of the Grand Litany. And that Mother Fether would likely try to use it, or find out more about it. Either way, fun things would happen.Fun, Fun, Fun.

The first piece of the LItany was on was now on Nar Shadda, wrapped in an mildly conspicuous box. Left in a warehouse. Loads of fun, this would be! Sugar clapped his hands and twirled his cane. "I may run and hide while the world screams my name; but let me tell you now, there's a price to be paid!" His hands seemed to glow as he stard into the mirror grinning. "Come and get it....Baby!"

Sy’ stood still, a datapad in his hand. Of course he had been asked to do this before, hundreds of times. It was not demeaning to Sy’; for he had done much worse in his life. Certainly those jobs on Corellia had been truly worst of him. Why, then, did he pause? Why did he stop and hesitate? No one would blame him; no one would hunt him down for accepting the offer. He would be able to leave the building with a sense of freedom… if only that were so. He had hoped to finish this process long before and to not have been caught by this snag he had foreseen. A click of a button and it would be finished, but he would be trapped in his path. There would be no backing out.

The scenario was far too much like his assassination missions to not be drawn in, and yet far too dissimilar to be comfortable. He felt that his pressing the contact would be like the pulling of a trigger. It would have an irreversible effect on him. Yet, if he left now, the offer would likely disappear forever. Yes; he needed the money, but was he willing to go through this just to get it? He was so tempted, yet his brain held him back. Whenever he had done a job, his bosses had been in debt to him. But it would be the reverse now. He would owe the man in front of him, the man in a dark business suit with an evil look in his eyes.

Sy’ did not trust the man, but then he rarely trusted anyone. This man, however, this man had a truly evil look. He appeared to be a vulture looking for its next dying victim. His eyes were large and appeared filled with nothing but greed. The eyes seemed to be filled to the brim with greed, and yet it was well contained. Sy’ had been talking to the man for hours, trying to figure this man’s purpose, and yet there was little beyond the want of wealth in this man’s mind. He wished that a more suitable person had been sent to speak to him, not this vulture of sentients. Of course it had not been Sy’s decision; he had been forced to come here. His small wealth was spent and he needed to find an offer suitable for his specific needs. He could have gone elsewhere, but his trusted acquaintances had suggested that this was the most trustworthy place.

Yet Sy’ felt as if this was the least trustworthy person he could possibly meet. This dark room, only lit by a white light in the ceiling, was a terribly uncomfortable place to talk. He felt the hard durasteel table in front of him, just as unforgiving as the painful chair he had sat upon during the conversations. This room felt like it was once an interrogation room for some sadistic pirate lord. On the table sat a repository for what Sy’ did not want to know. He could imagine the darkest Darth finding this room far too inhospitable for even his or her evilest scheme. Maybe a Senator would find it homely, but certainly not anything of lesser evil.

Finally, Sy’ snapped himself from his trance, only to find that it had been a moment. The man’s evil look had disappeared and was replaced by a look of concern. Sy’ could faintly hear the words spoken by the other man: “Are you alight, sir?” Ha, of course the man would use the term “sir” to make Sy’ feel more comfortable. Letting his mind return to the datapd, he read the words once more before accepting the offer. Immediately the room seemed to brighten, the man’s face was normal and friendly, and Sy’ felt his heart freed of a great burden. He passed the datapad back to the man who accepted and placed it on the repository, shutting the small cases lid to keep the datapad clean of dust.

As he was led out of the building, Sy’ began feeling much better. Now that the weight had been lifted from his shoulders, he felt that this was a good decision. Certainly he would have to work a little harder for some time, but it would all be worth it. He heard the young man behind him say something: “Remember, sir, you are to return in 8 months.” That did not bother Sy’. He would be ready and set for when they met again. When at last outside the building, he looked in his hand to find a slip of paper he had not remembered picking up. As he read it his face smiled, it was a reminder. “You, Sy’ Lant, have been granted a Loan for the following reason: The purchase of a house.”

Unknown Location
Unknown Time

This, this was all he feared, all he dreaded. So much pain. Xavier stared forward, eyes wide as he looked upon a toddling little boy with a deep gash bleeding on his cheek. 'Father' had been drunk again, he knew the boy's story, it was his own, but it was different this time. Behind him, was him, but him now. The young Vi'dreya looked at the even darker reflection of himself standing over the crying boy. He looked at himself, what stared back had it's hair slicked back and across it's face was the design of the reaper. He hadn't worn that war paint since...no.

He didn't have time to react as the darker incarnation swiftly decapitated the younger one, just like he'd done to so many others. Rage and regret fused together as he roared, diving at the monster he'd become only to find nothing there, just him, alone, in darkness. The light came, fire, Thyrian. "YOU FAILED US" The voice boomed loudly, leaving Xavier to simply shake in fear. Thyrian had failed him not the other way around. No, it wasn't his fault. She didn't say a word when she appeared, just stared at him in disdain, their icy blue eyes locking, her's with disappointment, his in rage. "You did this to me! All of it! Kära I'll make you pay!" The words spurted from his mouth with a rage unknown to life as he leapt forward, slashing at her with the golden saber, only to be slammed to the ground.

His eyes shut momentarily as pain filled him, then he opened them only to find things worse. Druckenwell, Isley. Dust and debris raked the boy's skin as he glared at the armored form of his half brother, the one who'd left him just like the rest. A piece of metal flew through Isley's ghostly form and into Xavier, pinning the boy to the ground, making him watch as the world fell apart in front of him, and every relationship he'd had along the way.

It's okay. I'm here.

The pain stopped, suddenly he was alone in the dark. No, not alone. Nina. He knew that name, it felt so familiar, but who the hell was it? He felt soft hands caress his cheek to comfort him as another Umbaran stepped from darkness, it looked like his elder sister, but was not. Who was she? How did he know her? What was this beacon of light doing here in the monster's nightmare, then it hit him. She was looking through mirror darkly, and what she saw was him.

Gasping Xavier's shot up, panting heavily in his bed, eyes scanning the room for something out of order, but all was in place. He was aboard a frigate above Coruscant, he was safe from the illusions of the mirro-slowly his eyes turned towards the sole mirror in the room, and he sighed when he saw nothing. No longer am I simply a reflection a voice whispered in his mind as for a brief moment, the war paint covered Xavier appeared in the mirror, then faded. But he did not scream at the sight, he smiled.

Endor: Midnight
Alone.​
Such strength and emotion in such a word.​
Alone.​
Always constant and will always follow.​
Alone.​
It was a word that Harrip was all too familiar with and he found comfort in it. If all else fell away, that one word and what it stood for would be with him. He had once wanted friends; once he had wanted to know people; once he had felt a need to socialize. But no more… he did not care to talk, or befriend, or socialize. Certainly, it was a true treat to meet someone who could become a friend. He had learned to appreciate more than ever the truest delight of the sentient nature: Companionship.​
Take his current position; he was living in the jungle forests of the Forest moon of Endor. He was alone, sitting, hiding in a tree. He had seen one of the local Gorax and remembered the stories of their lack of intelligence and overabundance of hostility. He had been silently thinking in that time. His past was long, too long.​
He remembered his master, a Sith Lord of old. He didn’t recall much or anything of the man, but that was not what was important. The fact that that man had made Harrip into the monster he was today was what was important. He hated that man for this curse, a curse that would never be broken. His curse and Harrip’s Alone to bear. Maybe that was why he preferred the solitude of the forest to the life of the city. He had never truly looked at himself; there wasn’t much to look at, though. He knew that there was little to tell of his past; it was mostly spent on a single planet. He had learned to love that planet, even though it had been a hell. He loved those beings he had known, but they had all died along with everyone he had ever known.​
He wished he could return to that time, when he had been free of this galaxy. His home was many years ago in a land where there were Sith masters and slaves only. Now there were so many broken loyalties. He didn’t know where to go. Peace was only truly found when alone. But even there he found signs of war. He could never find peace in this place, this time, or this existence. This was a cursed body and he looked forward to his freedom by death again.​
Death had been sweet; the freedom to see what he wished and not be held by a monster body. He could visit those he had left behind, see the galaxy he had known, and return to his own time in memory. He had been truly free, never trapped, and capable of anything in thought. He had been brought back and he wished every minute that it had not been so. Now he was bound to this infected body, this cursed container of his soul. He had often contemplated death and suicide, but he did not wish to commit such a heinous act. His life could be spent in other ways. Taking the pain from others; that was his new goal, one of his only goals since the transformation. He now simply wished to find peace through the removal of pain from others around him, but even that was not truly enough.​
Alone.​
That was the place for him.​
He could never be accepted into the galaxy. He simply could not fit. There was no place for him. Maybe…​
Harrip Far; Mikel Karm, Ripper, Ghoul, Gargoyle, Patient #23, Friend, Man of Beasts, Lost Mind, Star Gazer; stood and walked to the edge of the tree’s hollow. He could remember all of the names, and yet only one was him; all the others were merely names. He stepped out from inside the tree and let loose a cry that shook his most inner being. Even as he looked around him, he saw the Gorax coming towards him.​
Maybe… just, maybe…​
freedom…​
As his thoughts left him, he could see a face. It was but an illusion, for he could not feel it. But it was real enough for Harrip. He did not care for life or death. Not anymore…​
His heart beat loudly in his deaf ears.​
But…​
why?​
Why did he care now? Why suddenly did he not want to die?​
Did he fear that which he had been seeking most of his life?​
Had he grown fond of life?​
His heart slowed.​
No… He just knew that his life was not to end yet. He had more to do. He had people to meet, people to save, and people to share his story with. Maybe then the Sith would be without support.​
Yes. His life still had purpose. He just had to find it.​
And so, Harrip listened to his heart beat, waiting for his body to heal.​
Alone.​
Yet not Alone in mind.​

Kalinai Soluza

Supreme Ultimate Pirate Empress
So...I'm naked in this freezer and...what?
Oh yeah, the kiddies. Can't upset the kiddies. Stupid kiddies.

Fine, fine, well, comma,.

Anyway, so yeah. Where was I? Oh yeah, my innermost fears, desires and plans? Cabbages, cabbages and acquiring more cabbages! It might sound unambitious, but I'll show you all!

Right, so I was on this planet. Corellia probably. Or was it Naboo? Who knows, not me. I was heading down the street when I heard a crash from ahead of me, screams and shouts. Aha, at last, the One Sith have quantum tunnelled here to conquer it! So, sensibly, I turned on my heel and headed the other direction. I wasn't going to end up getting Vong'ed. I'd been a Sith once, it sucked apart from the costumes.

But then I heard a sound behind me and saw that a little grey furball had run over to me. Hey, it's a walking cottonball! I looked up and saw that the building being attacked was a petshop. Thieves were ransacking it, and the little furry had escaped in the confusion. I mean, I kinda like furries...NOT LIKE THAT. I mean, like, furry animals. To stroke and...gah!

Anyway, so I picked it up. It was a Jester, some weird Ropo derivative which came from that elf planet. You know, the one where Siobhan hangs out. Never really like it. Too many femnazis.
Anyway, so I looked at the Jester. Our eyes met at twelve inches...sorry thirty centimetres...stupid mandated metric system...and I knew. I knew that we were destined to conquer the galaxy! Well, probably not, but on the plus side I could make some people reconsider naming their buffets 'all you can eat'.

"Hey there, little dude! What's your name?"
<Me girl!> it said indignantly. Well, thought indignantly. Telepaths and all that nonsense.
"Whatever."
<Me Crrpyrr! Hungry!>
"Creeper, huh? No wonder you were locked up. Meet Rocky XXX!" I produced Rocky XXX, the 30th pet rock of that name...not a porn star.
Crrpyrr tried initially to eat Rocky, found him inedible and sniffed. <Hungry!>
And so the dynamic duo was born!

Oh, yeah, this was supposed to be all reflective and stuff. So, uh, yeah, I've not got a friend who will stick with me through good times and bad...so long as there's a meal forthcoming anyway! Uhh...I ain't good at this stuff.

The edge. An invisible line standing firm between the sane and the insane. One never knew where exactly it lay until they passed it, falling into the abyss known as madness. Everything past that point was chaos. A flailing mess of pathetic nonsensical illusions. To come from such a thing back into saneness was never fully possible. You could crawl back, slowly, timidly, surely losing your way every once in awhile, but eventually, with work, you could make it. Grinning like the mad man you are, you'd reach across and!... find your leg tied to the ground. Most of yourself could get back beyond the edge. But there would always be a part of you stuck there. Hopelessly attempting to rip away from insanity. The only way to do so... was to lose a whole, real part of yourself. Like cutting off that damn leg. However, just like when a limb is severed, you would bleed. Your soul would be cut open. And there would be a good chance you'd die trying to achieve something as pointless as perfect sanity.

Many have crossed the edge over the long history of our universe. Few of them have ever actually realized it. Insane people tend to want to believe they are sane. Those who are willing to admit the cracked nature of their thoughts are brave. Or simply more insane than previously thought. Some, though, might just be a tad more... intelligent than their counterparts. For their are many ways in which the edge can be used as a tool. For one, the imagination of the nonexistent is endless. What can be created from an empty mind is limitless. From madness comes darkness. And darkness can be used to flood the world, ridding it of light. Why else would we lock up the maddest of our fellow men? Their state is one that could lead them to power beyond our belief. Give such a person the force... and watch the galaxy crumble before them. We have never faced a force more deadly than that of a madman. Every one of our most famed villains was insane to some degree. And that is why they triumphed. In the end they were all defeated, of course, but not before causing enough chaos to ensure another generation of insanity.

People need decades, sometimes centuries, to recover from a mental assault. Some never do. One strong crazy person can cause the downfall of thousands of others. Even more if they have a silver tongue. But perhaps you already know that. Many do realize the danger fragile souls hold within them. It's why people like me have to hide. This time though, you can't do a damn thing about it, about me. Because I'm not who I fething seem like. I am the dark. You got that? I am everything you fear. And you can't beat me. Because I fear nothing. Not anymore. Whatever you through at me, I know I'll have seen worse. Every day. Even if I hadn't... I am everyone. I am everywhere you look. My old name means nothing. Blessed am I, blessed I am. Try as you may, try as you might, if you search for me, all you'll find is fright. I am the shadows. I am the dark. Go ahead little ones. Run. Run in fear as your beloved overlord teaches you why you bow to her. But oh, you're busy... no worries. So am I. We'll meet again. And my anger will cover the worlds. Every last planet will fall to me. All will be mine. Now run along. Go back to your business and pretend this was all a dream. That's all life is anyway. One long, long nightmare.

--------------------​
Ire'Rain quietly rolled out of bed, ignoring the rough, pastel pink hair that was covering her eyes. It was early. But loyal soldiers of Panatha had to get up early if they wanted to keep things organized. Even so, the lass was the first up. Just how she liked it. Gave her the opportunity to spread fear among her fellow recruits and feed off of it. Elani Zambrano's former lover was in shambles. Insane, bloodthirsty, and now a pathological liar. Currently pretending to be someone called "Solveig Laska". It kept her away from those that would wish to harm her. And for now, that was good enough for her. But in time... in time she'd destroy everything. She had to. Looking around her, at the other sleeping cadets, she opened her lips and whispered softly.

"For what you've done, all the worlds will pay."

Standing in the forest, a feline creature. Tall and proud. The gorgeous fur that lined the beast was warm. Keeping the cold out from its body. The heat was addictive. Dangerous, yet helpful. Something that all living beings needed to survive. Heat. Giving warmth to those who needed it. Heat in the form of a flame to cook the food to be consumed by the lives of men and beings. The animal’s head reached down with the muscles of its neck tensing up. Contracting in just the right ways to bring its head closer and closer to the dead animal in which it feasted upon.

However, it would not take another bite as the whistling of an arrow pierced the air and sunk deep into the feline’s neck. Cutting through hide and muscle. Biting into the bones the supported its large head. With a slump, the creature died instantly. Falling over the body that it had just earned for the day. However, there was always a bigger hunter. That hunter currently was me. Looking down the site of my bow, I watched as the slumped feline stayed still. My form slowly began to rise up from the tall grasses and native fauna that hid me from the light. The first part of me exposed was the bow in my left hand. With the head of an arrow pulled back ready to be released with a release of the two fingers that I had on the string.

Next followed portions of my arm and the shaft of the arrow. A foot, part of my leg, and then my whole body. Stalking towards the animal, I carefully watched as the area around me may be as dangerous for me, as it was for the feline or the prey of the magnificent animal. Slowly I reached the twin bodies that were now empty of their souls. I slowly laxed on the string. Letting the bow cur back into its natural state. The arrow was then removed and placed in the quiver upon my back. As well as the bow slung over my shoulder for easier carrying. Reaching under the warm fur and flesh of the feline, I separated the two bodies. Reaching for the feline. Grabbing onto it by its hind legs in one hand, and it’s forelegs in the other. Hefting the beast up over my shoulders. I then began to walk off into the forest. Bringing home the kill that I had.

It had taken me only an hour to walk back. Evident of the time left from the star in the sky. Moving past tree after tree. I had been moving in a straight line for a while, but after seeing a skull picked through with a spear, I began to watch my steps. Turning and twisting past a maze with no walls. Each step was deliberate. And each step was needed with caution. If I stepped on the wrong spot, then I would fall to a painful death. The ground that was beneath me, was no real ground. A series of logs, sticks, tree’s that had fallen, and many more made contraptions made by my hands were placed in different places. It was intentional. Built to keep those who were not welcome, out.

I had reached the end. Only to turn around and see the large layout of hidden traps and deceitful lies of soft ground I had built. I smiled at my ingenious work. After years of living in the forest alone, one tends to believe that of themselves. I myself was the same. I continued to walk on. Moving into a small cave opening. Removing a “door’ that looked just like rock. Taking from clothing, hides and even rocks themselves, I used waxes and sticky saps as a glue to put together a wall. The grounded up rocks were stuck on there. And were used to cover up the cave. From a long distance, it would look as part of the caves themselves. However, once looking closely, and subtle hints only known by me, one could see that it was fabricated.

I pulled it back over the hole after trying to squeeze in the large feline over my shoulders. The warmth from inside the cave clawed at me as I closed the door. Leaving the body there on the floor, I walked over to the side. A large curtain hung. Hiding the light of the fireplace that I had kept running almost all the time. The curtain hid the fire’s light from the outside. As well, hid another trap.

Removing the curtain, it revealed to me the cans and small metal objects hanging on a thin wire. I reached over to peel off the twine from the side where a hook had been placed. Rustling, I set the three cords down. Retrieving the body, I moved it to the other side of the wire, only to place them up once more. A mechanism built that should the intruders get past the traps, find a way past the door that was hidden, and sneak into here, would trip over this in the darkness. Making enough sound to wake, or alert me of their presence. However, none have ever reached the door.

Slowly I dragged the carcass over to a dug in hole. Letting the beast slide in, I allowed to keep it there. Tired after my physical labor, as well as the actual hunt itself, I sat down on the rocky floor. Retrieving a book that was on the shelf, and began to read. It was one of the few things that I could do. Considering my situation of living in the wild, it was the only form of fantasy that I had. Reading old stories of love, pain, heroics, bravery, and wars. All fought for by hands of men and creatures. I read for hours. The book of a man using a sword to fight his way for himself. Trying to find his purpose in life. Like a child. I grabbed my own sword, standing up tall, and holding it out as though the point were at the man’s neck.

Speaking for the first time in years, a full sentence came out of my mouth. One that was filled with all of these emotions. Love, Hate, Anger, Peace, Bravery, Courage, Scared, and most of all, Will. The power of Will of Life. Once sentence that would change my life forever. I uttered, “By peace, or by sword, I will thrive and survive.”

Her steps even as she paced the bridge of the captured transport. Zygarrians. Another ship, probably the last of it's kind, had fallen, another group of innocent lives saved. And yet, so many still suffer. Maybe, one day, we will free them. She stood there for a moment, thinking. A young volunteer, Arkanian, Saran figured, approached her. "Ma'am? Are you all right?"
"I'll be fine. Tell the commander I'll be along in a bit." The woman ran off to deliver her message as Saran sat down on the cold floor, laying down her lightsaber before her. Slowly, carefully, she began to take it apart as she mused on the weapon. Katarr's Edge, she had named it. What did that mean? Katarr had been devastated by an ancient Sith Lord. To be it's edge, was to be a blade against the darkness, to always oppose it. And yet, she wasn't, was she? There were problems with calling it that, one major one being the darkness she saw in herself. Could she be this dark, and still call herself a Jedi? She had walked a fine line all her life, always too violent, to angry, too impatient. She had never fit in as a Jedi. But she wasn't a Sith. She couldn't let herself become that. After what they had done to her, to her friends.....

But what about Circe? She had been there, helped her forge the lightsaber, helped her in her darkest hour. She was a Sith, wasn't she? Were some Sith good? Had been wrong about them? No, that couldn't be right. The Sith who killed master Salan, the one who murdered Jacobs, the one who had hurt Gen.... it didn't make sense. How could Circe be better? Why did she trust the woman? It didn't make sense. Perhaps it wouldn't.

The outer shell of the Saber was something interesting. It was a cylinder of Echani Graphite, Lightsaber-proof. It had been given to her, with a statement that the lightsaber was a shield, not a sword. She hadn't understood that at the time. She had been young. Free from the pain that plagued he mind now. She didn't understand how a weapon could be a shield. But then she met Regore.

The Commander of the Galactic Liberation Collective had gotten her to help him. She didn't remember how, but he did. They had begun raiding the shipping lanes frequented by slavers. Here, in the G.L.C., She could use her powers, her gifts, to help others. She could save lives, change them for the better. Slavery was a curse she didn't wish on anyone. Ending it was something of a blessing. The Crystal floated into her hand, marketing into it that her sight couldn't separate them.

A young girl, maybe ten, stepped into the room. She walked slowly towards Saran, the mask over her face identical to the Knight's. "Miss? Is you reallys here to help?"

If she could have cried, Saran would have wept. A child, put into this. The poor thing. "Yes. I am."
"Thank you, miss" the little girl managed, hugging the elder one as hard as she could. It took Saran a moment to return the favor.

She could finally do some good in the galaxy.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Deep Core
Empress Teta

Be mindful of the present my young apprentice.

The robed figure awoke slowly and calmly rubbed his head. Starring strongly at the mirror which swirled and towered before him. Many of the visions were still fresh his mind and he worried how long they would remain. But no sooner did he stand then did the mirror crack again and begin to chip violently. Then, with a sudden quivering shimmer, the mirror smashed itself into a thousand pieces and sent swirling luminous sharks all over the wet and bending floorboards. Leaving only a black and unbending archway where the reflection had once stood.

One vision in particular had been the Shatterpoint of the event. Far removed from our eyes now. However, that brief but powerful moment in history would filter outwards into the Force for a wide and terrible distance; with very unexpected results...

.....​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom