Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private This is Our Beginning Coming to an End [Daiya]

Daiya closes her mouth, and chews thoughtfully. She's unusually quiet for a moment.

"That sucks. The way you found him, I guess. I always wished someone would do that for me, you know? Rescue me, fight for me." Her mind drifts back to the incident with the doppelgängers, and how that all shook out between herself and Tawrrowaldr.

"Your mom was lucky she had him. You, too."

"I'm poor as chit, and I live on Denon, what do you think?"

She stuffs another bite of the meal into her mouth, welcoming the acrid tastes this time as she chews and swallows. Having some of the bitterness of the food in her consciousness helps temper Daiya's words some more.

"A lot of jobs won't give girls a fair shot. I'm just weak and helpless to them, not a good shot or a reliable infiltrator. I don't have a mask to hide my identity, and I'm not a pilot. So yeah, I fething protect others because I hate getting treated like I'm worthless, too."

Daiya gets close to Cassus, using his shoulders to pull herself up to his eye level, and then leans in to kiss him. She lingers on his lips for a few moments longer than anything friendly, then pulls back and steps down, not meeting his eyes.

"Look, you're saying all this stuff about caring about me, and making food for me, and it's like you see me as family now. Well, I'm chit at the family stuff, so I wanted to see how it would work the other way."

Cassus' poor brain cross-wired the moment their lips came into contact and all thoughts seemed to escape him as the contact lingered, sparks dancing in his head. The rest of his body seemed paralyzed by electrocution, and it was as if time skipped across the event. When she withdrew, he wasn't positive if he kissed back at all... or if it was appropriate, or how he felt about it. It just happened and he wasn't sure how it was supposed to be processed.

"I wasn't expecting that."

It occurred to him that wasn't a very romantic thing to say, probably? Was that what he was going for? What was he going for?

"Sorry, shouldn't have said that. I think?"

He tried to think of something nice to say.

"So um, you do care about me?"

"What?!"

She looks back at him, searching his face. Her expression softened and her lips draw into a thin line.

"No, I...I mean, I don't know. I wanted to see if I liked you that way, I guess." Daiya's mind ran, trying to figure out if that was true or not. If she was only curious, or if there had been something more behind her kiss. She buries her face in her hands.

"Oh my stars, I'm an idiot. You did something nice and now I ruined it."

Crap
"Nothing's ruined."
He was thinking about what to do but felt himself approaching her with his arms.
"It was nice, too."
He would embrace her if she let him, back off, and sit across from her if she didn't. There weren't any thoughts.
"I don't have any experience with this, I was just doing what I know. Family is complicated, and so is that other stuff. I've never done any of that."
He's never hugged anyone that wasn't his mother or uncle, and rarely even then. Too serious for his own good. He wished he had hugged them more.

Daiya lets Cassus' arms envelop her, pressing her body into his as her arms drift around to his back. It's been a long time since anyone hugged her this deeply, and her eyes grow damp with the thought. She buries her head into his chest, breathing his scent deeply and trying not to think about it.

"Can we just skip the family part? You're gonna make me cry." Her voice is shaky now, and she swallows over a lump in her throat and looks up at Cassus.

"Look, the kiss was —we can forget about that if you want, and just try being friends for now."

Cassus swallowed a bit as he held Daiya tightly and considered her words. She felt so small to him, and warm.
"I won't forget it."
He said it quickly, without hesitance. Then thought better of it.
"But I won't say anything unless you want me to. I'll be whatever you need me to be."
The embrace would end whenever Daiya decided to leave it

She doesn't really know what she needs. For a moment, it's just nice to melt into someone's arms and think of nothing. Then Daiya pulls back, blinking her eyes and shaking her head to clear the air. She's gotten so close, so vulnerable...how did that happen? Her head is whirling and her stomach is doing flip-flops, and she can't figure out if she's going to cry or be sick.

"What I need is to not be a mess when Anakin gets here." She glances at the chronometer, surprised by the time it displays. "How late is Bird Man gonna be, anyway?"

Daiya lets out a nervous giggle, looking back at Cassus.

"Let's do friends, Cassus. I can't handle this much weird when we're gonna try to chase a Corpo, yaknow?" She smirks. "And we need your big head in the game here, not your little one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom