Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Day We Fight! (Iron Empire Tier 3 Dominion Ilum Hex)

O91MYuX.png
ny7U3kB.png

Two Days Ago

"And you want me to lead them on Ilum?"
"Yes Atheus. We feel you are best suited for the job. While most of our forces will be deployed elsewhere, You and the other Iron Lords will be headed to Ilum."

I stood before the Baleors. Their influence was powerful to behold. And being told by the Emperor that I would be leading the Iron Empire's own force sensitives to victory upon the frozen planet of Ilum, was an honor, as much as it was a curse. I wasn't a leader of men. I was a lone ranger. Thalia was my testament to that. I made wrong calls, and made stupid decisions. Was I really ready for this? Only time would tell.

"Go and prepare Atheus. You have a long week ahead of you."

Moving into my chambers, Thalia stood before me. She was supposed to be going over homework I had given her. Now, I needed to prepare for the battle ahead. Thalia could see my face. Not understanding what I had gone through, she started to ask question after question.

"Prepare for battle."

V0qsr5o.png

I am not used to this. Standing at the bridge of one of the many vessels over the surface of Ilum. A planet that had once been used by many Jedi, and Sith alike for their lightsaber crystals. I wasn't one for fleeting. Even now, I could see off in the distance ships that had once belonged to the One Sith Empire. Breathing in and out, I steadied myself against the railing of the ship. I wasn't a leader of men. I was the guy on the ground assaulting everything. Soon I would be on the ground. Soon I would be able to attack the Sith and their sect of force users that were hiding here. My right hand rose to my left shoulder as I swung it around. Stretching if it was anything.

Why would I be handed this job. Anyone else could have done this. More so, it was just another test for me to face. Looking around, I could see the men in their uniforms. Some in armor as they would be following me directly into battle. Thalia placed a hand on my shoulder. Reassuring me that it was going to be okay.

"What are your order Mi'Lord?"

Looking over them, I smiled behind my mask. Pointing to the man who had the com over the entire fleet.

"Prepare for Battle. Man battle stations. I want everyone up and ready to go now."
"Yes sir."

Turning to face the rest. I began to bark orders. Telling them to prepare the charges on their cannons. Aim at any ships they see leaving, and to leave none alive. There was no need for prisoners. I would not be taking any from the skies. Turning to Thalia, I pressed my own hand on her shoulder, Nodding in approval of her.

"Run every one of those ships down."
"Yes Atheus."

Turning away from her, I walked towards the bridge doors. My boots ringing with every step I took. My fast pace getting me thee before the door was even opened. I stopped as they were opening and turning around, I faced the crew on the bridge. Proclaiming to all of them.

"Long live the Emperor, Long live the Iron Lords, Long live the Empire!"

They cheered out in their own ways. Thalia smiling at me as she looked at me. I then left the bridge. Headed to the hangar to head to the ground. Leading the troops of many, against the resistance of the One Sith.

V0qsr5o.png
J6uO1oC.png

(1. Attack the Sith Temple on Ilum, Eradicate any remnants of the One Sith Force Users.

(2. Assault the outposts on Mayferria, and take out any fortifications that the One Sith have built to defend themselves.

(3. Evacuate the Civilians of any planet(s) and assist in capture of corrupt politicians who are still loyal to the OS.

(4. You do you bby.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

[member="Annaliese Zambrano"] | [member="Arrik Terran "]| [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | @Atheus | [member="Daegon Vaelaellis"] | [member="Darell Irani"] | [member="Garm Berik"] | [member="Gunther Creed"] | [member="Horus the Blind"] | [member="Jane Rivers"] | [member="Jansal Corego"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] | [member="Kobeon"] | [member="Lyle Baelor"] | [member="Miad'rien'navruno"] | [member="Moira Skaldi"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="Pyrrah"] | [member="RadioWhisper"] | [member="Reaper2707Reincarnated"] | [member="Reinhard Baelor"] | [member="Rezin Chareux"] | [member="Samuel Baelor"] | [member="Savan Val"] | [member="Songbird"] | [member="Titan"] | [member="Tobias James"] | [member="Vaulkhar"] | [member="Vessel of Carnifex"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Zheng-Mei"]

Objective 4: Help the refugees

After the events of Csilla, her uncle, the Emperor had forbidden her from leaving the newly established Iron Empire Capitol of Csilla but one word, duty, had changed the stubborn man's mind, and she was allowed to assist in the evacuation of civilians on the condition she remained close to the Wolfsglaive - something she had fully intended to do after the near death encounter with one of the One Sith's Death Squad on Csilla.

This time, the troublesome teenager did not join the Iron Empire personnel under the delusion of an adventure but out of desire to help the residents as the events of Csilla had heavily impacted on her. Furthermore, more than anything, she craved approval from her newfound family and wished to show them that she would be able to live up to the weight of the Baelor name.

"Here," Aster smiled as she handed a bottle of water to one of the inhabitants of the planet who had taken up temporary refuge on the Iron Empire fleet. As much as she wished to help in the evacuation, she knew she was more a hindrance than an asset with her lack of combat abilities, dressed in heavy furs and high heels.

"This is for you!" she passed a bottle to another civilian cheerfully. If she couldn't be an asset in the field, at least she can be of a little help on the Iron Empire fleet with the refugees, passing out supplies with a cheerful demeanour in an attempt to lift their spirits even a little. "And this is for you," she maintained her smile as she passed the last bottle.

"Adair," she called to the Wolfguard who had been left to accompany her while the rest completed their tasks on the frontlines under the command of their Lord Commander. "We need to return to the storeroom, and get another crate of bottled water," Aster called as she left the lounge to make her way to the canteen storage with her guard obediently following her.

Objective: 1 Attack Sith Temple

'The hottest fires burned in the hearts of stars.' Taryc thought to herself as she watched the blue-white lines of stars return to the normal spotted ebon of normal space. 'Second is the fires burning in the heart of a fanatic scorned.'

Her mind tried to draw her back towards the days she spent as a Primeval Inquisitor. Days and nights she spent training, fighting, converting, and killing. Days spent with a purpose. In the aftermath of losing that purpose, Taryc coped with all of the usual vices, alcohol, drugs, sex, and violence. Nothing filled the void left after the defeat of the Primeval, and the realization that what she knew to be right wasn't.

The only vice left was retribution. She'd spent months and years rooting out her former brothers and sisters in the Inquisition. Now she spent her time hunting down the remnants of the Primevals prime ally, the One Sith. That brought her to Ilum.

"Set me down at this point..." she pointed to an area on the screen a several day walk from the Sith Temple. "Then return to orbit. You'll get the rest of the credits upon my return."

They had previously gone over the contingency in case she didn't survive. It'd be a lower price, but still enough to pay for fuel, food, and tolls.

As the ship set down on the tundra, icons appeared on the sensor screen. Taryc stepped through the ship and off before she could find out what it was. Naval things were the provenance of the Captain, not her. As the ship lofted off, she checked her weapons one last time before setting off for the Temple.

Objective: Attack the Sith Temple

Arrik stood on the surface of Ilum. It was quiet...far too quiet. The main force from the flagship hadn't landed. But his own transport had. He kneeled down, placing his hand to the dirt and inhaling quietly, Sith...he could feel them.

The rogue Jedi adjusted his belt. His saber shifted slightly on his right hip. He hadn't had to fight any other force sensitives in far too long, and there would definitely be sensitives today. Not like his last fight, against those pirates and their excuse for a militia.

This time he would be meeting a force ready to fight, but the Iron Lord's weren't nearly the ragtag group of castoffs and rebels they were before either. They were an army now...and they were resdy for a fight.

"This is Arrik Terran...the primary landing zone is clear. I strongly advise that you begin the assault immediately. [member="Atheus"] I'm requesting I join your squad in the assault on the temple directly."

Arrik stood up from his crouched position and turned back to a few soldiers who had accompanied him. He removed his saber from his belt and gave a high pitched whistle.

The Jedi had a reason to hate these Sith...and he would take pleasure in burning their temple to the gro-....no...no. He would fight against those who sought to unbalance the galaxy, he would bring order and right. He would fight with his Iron Brothers and Sisters.

"Good luck..."

Clumsily, Aster carried a box of bottled water out of the storage room. Her guard had offered to carry the box for her, but she had declined his offer, and insisted that they both carry a box or, in his case several boxes. Though she struggled with the weight of the box, she was determined to not let the box beat her, and persevered until she had reached the lounge where she promptly put the box down.

Unused to carrying such heavy items, the muscles of Aster's arms seared with a burning pain. It hurt, but it was her duty, a responsibility that came with the benefits of her newly adopted surname. Though she may not have been a Baelor by virtue of birth, she was determined to become one by her deeds, and proving herself not only to her family, but also the people they governed.

With a smile that she had spent many hours practising, and perfecting in front of the mirror, she handed out the bottles of water she had just retrieved from the storeroom. Even if her arms burned from the pain of carrying a heavy box, and her face was still bruised from a recent incident involving greedy men who had attempted, and failed to ransom her, she had to smile. No matter what, she had to put on a brave face, and become the woman she felt she had to become. It was her duty.

Objective 3: Capture deserters
Ilum's orbit
Post 1

After the tough liberation of Csilla, the morale of the remnants of the One Sith in the nearby sectors had crumbled greatly. The Iron Empire had proven that its iron will shall not be shaken. It was a good day for all those citizens of the chaotic Unknown Regions. Now, they had a job to do - sweep out all remaining influences of the Sith. With the leadership of Emperor Baelor, the former leader of the military of the One Sith, the Iron Empire had the trump card to win.

That was also one of the reasons of the waves of deserters.

Morale shaken, faced by a man who knows all their ins and outs, the disassembly of the One Sith and the lose of a cause. This, of course, had its advantages. Some of these men and women would be eligible and most likely willing to become assets of the Iron Empire, it had happened before so why not again ? The issue was trying to root out those that may be future traitors, those that would only seek the shelter and benefits of the Empire to further their own cause again or attempt to sabotage. This was Berik's job today as he stood watching the upcoming shuttles from Ilum moving towards the cruiser that he was currently on.

Taryc moved swiftly and silently across a field of purest ivory, beneath a sky of speckled ebon as she approached the outermost pickets of the One Sith Temple. Wind blew the snow up enough to obscure the temple over a mile away, but she was still being careful. This was the riskiest of her recent endeavours, infiltrating and assaulting a full Sith Temple. Her auguries, and her sense of the Force, led her to believe that it wasn't a suicide mission.

Taryc slowed, then stopped and took a knee. She could feel the first of the sentries she would pass. This one was barely force sensitive, from his aura. Likely why he had gotten picked for a night time picket. She paused as she focused her mind on her goal. She still had far to travel, and needed to not be seen for as long as possible. That meant not using her blaster, nor igniting her sword. The great thing about having a beskar sword, however, was its deadliness even without being ignited. With a slow, deliberate movement, she drew her blade. The barest whisper elicited as the blade scraped the edge of the scabbard, but it was overtaken by the wind.

The sentry moved closer, and Taryc focused her presence as small as possible. The effort to do so harder without focusing through an incantation, one of the handicaps her former life had instilled in her.

'Just a few steps more...' she thought to herself, making sure she maintained breath control.

After a moment more, she struck.

In a blur of beskar and snow, Taryc leapt forward. The end result was not a battle, but an assassination. Almost before the acolyte could recognize that something was amiss, a foot of beskar erupted out the back of his head. Taryc continued through the strike, pulling the body down to the snow with care, then drawing the blade out of the corpse. She cleaned the blade on the acolytes winter robe, then sheathed it. Then she took in every spatter of blood and the corpse she had made and began an incantation.

"Zima biała, zimna ciemna noc. Ukryj moje poczynania z myślenia i widzenia. Pozostawić żadnego śladu, zanim światło świtu, więc mogę wydać moje krzywdy rację." A soft, violet light spilled forth from her eyes as she invoked the Force through her impromptu spell. The snow around the corpse and blood shifted. Slowly at first, then gaining speed until all trace of the battle was gone, and the body was entombed in several feet of snow. When the spell ended, the violet light faded away and she turned toward where her senses told her the next night picket was.

[member="Arrik Terran "] [member="Atheus"]

The needs of the refugees who were currently taking refuge in the ship's loung had been seen to allowing Aster a short break until the next batch arrived. Tired, Aster headed to the room in the living quarters she had temporarily made her own for the duration of this trip.

"You should go, and help your brother in arms in the field," Aster said, her expression bittersweet to the guard that followed her closely. If she wasn't able to make any worthwhile contributions during the Iron Empire's efforts in the Ilum region, the least she could do was not hold back a capable man from contributing. "You are dismissed."

"My orders are to protect you, I will see them through to the end," her guard replied bluntly.

"I'm safe here." the teenager stopped, and turned to the man. "No one is going to hurt me here."

"My presence is also a condition of you being here, or did you forget? The Emperor was less than impressed with you actions at Csilla, and that is putting it lightly, Lady Baelor. Next time you disobey, you wil probably not be permitted to leave the Capitol," he replied sternly.

"You're right," Aster relented, and opened the door to her room. She was tired.

[member="Annaliese Zambrano"] | [member="Arrik Terran "]| [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | @Atheus | [member="Daegon Vaelaellis"] | [member="Darell Irani"] | [member="Garm Berik"] | [member="Gunther Creed"] | [member="Horus the Blind"] | [member="Jane Rivers"] | [member="Jansal Corego"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] | [member="Kobeon"] | [member="Lyle Baelor"] | [member="Miad'rien'navruno"] | [member="Moira Skaldi"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="Pyrrah"] | [member="RadioWhisper"] | [member="Reaper2707Reincarnated"] | [member="Reinhard Baelor"] | [member="Rezin Chareux"] | [member="Samuel Baelor"] | [member="Savan Val"] | [member="Songbird"] | [member="Titan"] | [member="Tobias James"] | [member="Vaulkhar"] | [member="Vessel of Carnifex"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Zheng-Mei"]

Thalia - Fleeting above Ilum

Watching Atheus walk away from me, I felt more like an adult as he was trusting me with fleeting against the ships. He knew I could do it. He had faith in me. While he may never say it, nor mention how he treated me much like a sister, I knew he felt it. I could feel it every time he looked at me or spoke to me. His voice and attitude was that of the lone wolf. His heart was lonely though. He was glad to have someone like me. I could feel it. Smiling a little and my cheeks got hot at that thought, I moved back to the bridge.

"You heard the Iron Lord. Prepare battle stations. Ready weapons. Make sure that our Long ranged cannons are aimed upon those frigates. Take out the little ones to knock them down. Have the battle cruisers aim on the flagship. We don't want her focusing upon us at the moment."

Men and women of the Iron Empire began to move around at such a fast pace. Like ants following orders. Alarms went out with seeing ships leaving the hangar bays to launch an assault at us.

"Every man gets a gun. Fire at will!"

V0qsr5o.png
Atheus - Ground Forces upon Sith Temple

I was prepared for war. Carrying all of my gear, I held the rifle in my arms as took my first steps into the drop shuttles. One of the men looked to me as I then had two people following me. One woman, the other a man as they were garbed up in their own armor. The Iron Hounds were a special group I had collected from my travels that worked mostly for me, but followed the ideals and rules of the Iron Empire. They all had their own rifles and weapons, as well as lightsabers. I had something extra with a sword, and a scattergun the size of a hand cannon, as well as a stunner blaster pistol.

I clenched my hand around the head strap to hold myself as the door closed shut.

"Get us to the ground Pilot!'
"Yes, Sir!"

It was within a few moments, we left the hangar, and made our way down to the surface. Already I could hear the sound of faint alarms as I stepped foot into the snowing planet of Ilum. Bringing the rifle to bear, I found that my footprints crunched under the thicker snow. My hair flicking wildly in the wind as I wore no hat, or hood. I could feel the force flowing around me. Hearing once more in my mind the calling of my rage wanting to rise. I could feel it thirst for blood, and death. Calling out to me, I tried to keep it down. My eyes burning, the lady who was with me spoke.

"Are you okay m'lord?"
"Just fine."

I then shook my head and walked forward as my rage spoke to me. Over and over again.

U̝n̥͉̮̲̬̼l̢̰̤͖̬̮̝e̸̤̮̪̞a̛s̨̹͓h̳̹̤ ̣͍͔̰̮t͍͙͔̬̱̮hè̠̼̹ ̘̟͢ẃ̬r͜a͔̯̪̞tḥ̷̦̫̜̘̥̩
̤̮͈͖U̫͇̭͖̬͠n̩̖͍̫͇̝l̢é̫̖̱a̗̭͔̼ͅs͕͈͕͚͇͔͡h͏ t̸͈̗̣̻̗h̥̱e̴͚̻ ̭̥͍̖r̟a͖̖̩̥̺̙͕͡g͔͖̼͓̥͚e̪͉͖
̦̺̖̝̣̫U̞͖͎͚͍͓n̼̫̱̱͖̰̥le͚͇͓̩͈̟a͏͇͇̣͚̪ͅsḥ̛̭̹ ̗̲̟̥̺o͕̻͠u̠̞̤̹͉r̟̗̮͇̝ ͍p̫ͅa̵̼i̮̦̭̰̩͇͍n͈

Quietly, Aster looked through the items she had brought with her while her guard stood outside her room door. She knew she had brought some picture books, and stuffed toys with her - some of the leftover gifts from her visits to orphanages on Csilla, but she was unable to find the box that contained them anywhere. Aster was sure that she had asked that it be taken to her room, however, it was nowhere to be found. Annoyed, she groaned, and made her way to the room's door - she should have known the box was nowhere in the room when she was unable to spot it immediately upon entering.

"Adair," she said as she opened the door, "Do you know where the box I wanted taken up to my room is?"

"It may be in the cargo hold with the crate you had loaded onto the ship. One of the crew may have made a misunderstood your intent since you left it on top of the crate rather than your luggage," the man replied after taking a minute to think about his answer.

"Oh," Aster said simply in response. "Let's go to the cargo hold."

Objective 4: Just keep flying, just keep flying, just keep flying flying flying, what do we do? we fly fly fly. Ha ha ha ha ha ha I love to fly when, when you come just fly fly fly.
Location: TIE fighter with a custom paint job lovingly nicknamed Comet

"Good afternoon Comet, how have you been? Didja miss me?" Elaesanne Araeris - or Firefly - as she preferred to be called smiled, and initiated the start-up sequence for the neon yellow TIE fighter with a smiley face sticker on the cover of the fuel tank, a fighter she had personally decorated during her time in the One Sith, and taken with her when she left. "I'll be back later Mr Flagship, don't get hurt," the quirky novice pilot said, bidding it farewell, and she took off into the emptiness of space, surrounded by several billion balls of light.

"Just keep flying, just keep flying," Firefly sang happily, flying her custom TIE fighter towards the planet of Ilum. Something, something, Sith, something, something air support, she vaguely recalled her orders as she closed in on the planet atmosphere.

"Flight Corporal Araeris, is that singing I hear?" her superior's stern voice inquired over the comlink.

"Oopsie," she giggled. "And it's Firefly, not Ara!" she retorted.

"Remember your orders Flight Corporal Araeris," he emphasised the last word. "You are to provide cover fire while the villages are being evacuated. Deviate from your duties, and you will be demoted one rank, and court marshalled," he reprimanded.

"Aye, aye captain!" she replied unaffected by the threat. "I can see the Sith doing their poodoo, I'm gonna pew pew pew on them," the bubbly pilot announced, eagerly opening fire on the Sith below.

[member="Annaliese Zambrano"] | [member="Arrik Terran "]| [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Daegon Vaelaellis"] | [member="Darell Irani"] | [member="Garm Berik"] | [member="Gunther Creed"] | [member="Horus the Blind"] | [member="Jane Rivers"] | [member="Jansal Corego"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] | [member="Kobeon"] | [member="Lyle Baelor"] | [member="Miad'rien'navruno"] | [member="Moira Skaldi"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="Pyrrah"] | [member="RadioWhisper"] | [member="Reaper2707Reincarnated"] | [member="Reinhard Baelor"] | [member="Rezin Chareux"] | [member="Samuel Baelor"] | [member="Savan Val"] | [member="Songbird"] | [member="Titan"] | [member="Tobias James"] | [member="Vaulkhar"] | [member="Vessel of Carnifex"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Zheng-Mei"]

Taryc had passed three more pickets on her way to the Sith bastion. Each one went down fairly smoothly, her Inquisitor training keeping her stealthy until she was too close to intercept by any but the fastest of the night time guards. Even then, the beskar armor she wore, and her beskar sword protected her from their lightsabers. Her spells protected her from their force powers. They were only Acolytes.

Moving forward in a stalking crouch, Taryc saw that something had woken much of the Temple. Lights blazed from the few windows, and more guards trod the ground outside, braving the bitter cold. She paused in her forward movement, becoming one of the shadows beneath a rocky outcropping as she watched.

Then light blazed in the sky overhead as the Iron Empire forces began their assault. All eyes, even hers, turned towards the coming ships and landers. This was fortuitous, as the sudden deluge of light illuminated her hiding place beneath the outcropping. Her armor was dulled, so nothing shone off of her, but had a guard been looking, they would have known they had a threat far closer than the Iron Empire was at present.

For Taryc, the arrival of an as yet unknown force complicated matters. She had come here following the will of the Force through her auguries. She knew that this cold, desolate planet was the next location on her road to redemption. Could she be meant to join with this unknown force? Was she meant to observe what would happen next? She truly did not know, but knew that she should wait for the moment to see how this would complicate her plans.

"Siła ukryj mnie z oczu tych, którzy chcą mnie skrzywdzić. Przebierz mnie jak skała i śniegu, dryfu i kamienia." She intoned softly, the violet light of her magic shone briefly, then winked out as her form blurred, and her presence in the force shrunk to near imperceptibility. Then she kept her eyes and mind open, waiting for the next play to happen.

Objective 4: Just keep flying, just keep flying, just keep flying flying flying, what do we do? we fly fly fly. Ha ha ha ha ha ha I love to fly when, when you come just fly fly fly.

"Pew! Pew! Pew!" Elae exclaimed cheerfully, firing on the Sith.

"Shut up, Araeris!" a voice yelled at her over the comlink. "I understand you're green and all, so you're excited and perhaps the sense of danger hasn't sunk in for you yet, but this is not a game. If you die, there is no second chance and the same goes for the rest of the squad. So, for the love of god, shut the kark up. You are distracting as hell," the voice reprimanded her sternly.

"It's Firefly or Elae, not Ara!" she corrected.

"Just shut up. Don't sing, don't make your silly sound effects and only speak when necessary. You are a distraction," another voice spoke over the squad's comlink channel, also annoyed by the bubbly pilot's non-stop chatter.

"Aye, aye! No more talking over the comlink unless necessary," Elae repeated in a sing-song voice, her happy-go-lucky attitude unaffected and switched off the comlink. "Pew! Pew! Pew!" she exclaimed as she opened fire on the Sith again, this time with no one to hear her.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Objective: III

The shuttle whirred to a ceding halt, the light from the skies drowning out as the bay doors close above them. With a subtle thud and the death of the engine's noise, the shuttle door dropped open. Two Mant guards exited and posted on both sides of the ramp. Shortly thereafter, Zeradias Mant himself exited the landing craft.

There was a small welcoming party of Chiss dignataries to greet him. Zera could tell right straightaway there was something dark in the works. Many of these planets had tight ties with Csilla, and since the Iron Empire's liberation and annexation of the system, there has been a sense of uneasiness amongst some of the local populace. It was Zera's tasking to ease that concern; a peaceful land, a quiet people.

"King Mant, welcome to our humble system.", one of the Chiss said, stepping forward. The first to speak, she was now in charge of the welcome detail. "Might I escort you to our governor, Draon?" Glancing around his background, Zera gave the woman his attention and nodded subtly. He was no longer a king, abdicating his throne to serve the Iron Empire undivided in his time or efforts. A ruling council had been instated, to be disbanded upon a successful transition of power back to it's rightful monarch - Zeradias Mant.

The dignitary and her entourage escorted those of the Iron Empire down a lengthy corridor, a few turns and transitions in the mix. As she did so, she gave him a brief history of the system and those ruling it. Zera didn't appear to be interested, but he ingested each word with great interest. History too often told the tale of how empires rose and fell. Most governments presently were in limbo in between, waiting for the catalyst to bring them to that inevitable collapse.

"Our governor awaits you behind this door.", the Chiss said. With a subtle nod of acknowledgement, she turned and pushed the button to open the door. After a few moments, she pushed it again. Nothing. The guards around her began scrambling, trying to find alternate routes. There was obviously some shortcomings in the government's security. Normally, he could tolerate such a discrepancy as it would reveal a flawed or weak government, but in this very moment, Zera's security was threatened as well. His household guard tensed up, also sensing something was wrong.

Then, muffled gunshots. Except these were coming from the other side of the door.

Objective 4: Pew! Pew! Pew!

Laser cannons rained fire upon the retreating Sith with Elae yelling the words "Pew! Pew! Pew!" with each firing of the cannons. Carefree and overconfident, the newly graduated pilot let out a cry of surprise when one of the Sith sent her laser cannon fire back at her and hit her fighter.

"Oh bull poodoo!" she shouted with no one to hear and pressed the eject button of her tie fighter. "Bye bye Comet," she whispered.

Without her tie fighter, Elae felt naked and her smile faded. Although her time with Comet was short, it was all she had. Her expression sombre, the young pilot stared at the land below her and held her breath as her feet came in contact with the snowy land below.

"Comet has been hit," she whispered into her comlink after turning it on again. "I have ejected myself and is now on the ground, awaiting orders."

"The ship is at capacity, there is not much for you to do here. Return to Csilla, Lady Baelor," one of the ship's crew said, gently patting her on the back. He could tell she was exhausted from the look on her face.

"Really?" the girl asked simply in response.

"Look around, my Lady, the lounge and canteen are at capacity. Furthermore, all the spare rooms have been filled. We can fit no more on the ship," he said, gesturing in the direction of the lounge and canteen.

"I see," she looked down, feeling a bit useless. Her contribution to the Iron Empire's efforts felt minimal at best. "If Adair and I leave, does it mean there will be a little more room for a few extra refugees?"

"Yes," the man nodded. "The rooms you two will vacate should be able to fit a number of refugees."

"Very well. I will take my leave," she replied and gestured at Adair to follow. "You can pilot a starfighter, right?" she asked her bodyguard.

"Yes, my Lady," he said, following the teenager to the ship's hangar.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
Objective: 4

Allies: Iron Empire
Enemies: Sith

• Isamu Baelor: 1
  • Overall: 1/38
The Battle of Joto.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLSimFR_gRg[/youtube]
The Army:

"Fire!"

The guns of the artillery roared, shaking the earth with a mighty force. Their powerful three-hundred millimeter shells soared through the air, striking at the Sith perimeter. Chaos erupted within their ranks, as they were rocked with explosions.

Under cover of barrage, the Iron Army marched forward. Tanks rode at the tip of the vanguard, while transports filled with troops advanced behind; Intent on shattering the Sith's perimeter.

The barrage was constant, but went no further than the city's perimeter, lest innocents be caught in their destructive path. Through cowardice, or ruthless tactical brilliance, the civilian population remained within the city's limits. They were as a shield, utilized by the Sith to neutralize the Iron Empire's strongest weapons.

Unable to bring their mightiest weapons to bear, liberating the city would be no simple task. It would be a slog. Fighting would fill the city, as they advanced house-to-house, building-to-building, and street-to-street.

Drop Pod Squadrons:
With the Sith fleet's destruction over Csilla, the Iron Empire held space supremacy in this region of the galaxy. Unopposed, the Iron Fleet lumbered above the planet of Mayferria. One of the few remaining vestiges of Sith tyranny in the Unknown Region.

Deployed among the fleet were vessels of the Harbinger-class. An initial wave, of a new line of ships, intended to bolster the Iron Navy. Designed with the ability to rapidly deploy units to the battlefield; their hulls were lined with drop pods. Filled to the brim, with soldiers clad in powerful power armor, they were to be deployed, to the heart of Joto.

“T-minus five…”

“Four..”

“Three…”

“Two…”

“Commence descent! Commence descent!”

The clamps on the Harbinger, and its sister ships, released. The drop pod's fired their engines, and with incredible speed, propelled towards the planet’s surface. They rocked, and rattled, as they streaked through the atmosphere. Their base red hot from friction.

The interior of the pods were cramped. Uncomfortably so. A dozen men and women, with weapons in hand and clad in bulky power-armour, stood shoulder to shoulder.

As the clouds parted, Joto erupted with anti-air fire. The Sith's emplacements lit up the sky. Bolts and missiles soared upwards, desperate to meet the encroaching pods.

With ground fast-approaching, their repulsorlifts triggered. Thrust slowing the free-falling transports. With thunderous force, they impacted into the streets of Joto. Debris launched upwards, and like fog, dust enveloped the landing sites.

As the particles settled, a tense quiet momentarily encompassed the landing sites. The pods sat without movement, embedded within the streets of Joto. With the hiss of hydraulics, the pods awakened with life. Their outer layer bloomed, opening to the world around them.

The walking-tanks of the Iron Empire lumbered from their craft; their mighty weapons brought to bear. They unleashed a torrent of fire; their bolts tearing the Sith apart.

Sub-objectives:
  1. Descend through the atmosphere in a drop pod, and strike at the heart of the Sith. Destroy their headquarters, and send their forces into disarray.
  2. Push from the city’s outskirts, and with the support of the army, take Joto district by district.
  3. Protect the citizens of Joto, and evacuate them to safety.
  4. Board your fighters, and take to the sky. Destroy the Sith’s air support, and protect the Iron Empire’s ground forces.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Objective: III

Something was clearly wrong. The Chiss emissary appeared visible shaken, and their local guards appeared uneasy as well. Clearly this was not something expected. The gunfire and shouting continued briefly before ceasing in a single moment. Zeradias was taken aback as well, but he was far more composed than those around him. He didn't wait to take orders from the emissary who clearly would be incapable of functioning in a high stress situation such as the one they were in. With a subtle hand signal, he turned about and his men created a protective perimeter around him. The Chiss guard took their officials and attempted to do the same following close behind.

Before they could round the turn in the corridor, the door they were initially enter through whirred open. Zera turned to look. Blood. Blood, everywhere. Then he saw a flash of a silhouette before the lights flickered and disappeared. He returned to his shuttle where he was promptly evacuated. Against his better judgment, the Chiss accompanied him.

As the shuttle approached the ISV Retribution, a transmission was coming through for Zeradias.

"Sir, the base is hailing us.", the pilot said.

"Put them through.", Zera responded. He was curious to see if an SOS would yield any details as to what happened. A blue figure appeared on a small projector in the center of the floor in the passenger hold.

"Lord Mant, I've been waiting so long to speak with you. My name is Daelen, and I represent the Sons of Csilla. We wish to parlay with you, if you would be so gracious.", the confident hologram spoke.

"Welcome back Lady Baelor," the maids greeted her as she entered the modest manor.

"Thanks," she replied, forcing a smile and made her way to her room in silence.

"Would you like som-?" A maid started to ask as she walked past.

"No, thanks," Aster cut the woman off. She didn't want anything, she just wanted to be alone with her DataPad.

A little tired and not wanting to be spoken to, the teenager broke into a jog, rushing into her room and locked the door behind her.

Bored and disheartened by what little she was able to do for the refugees, Aster didn't bother turning on the lights and headed straight to the DataPad she had left on her desk before she left. The soft light of the DataPad illuminated her pale complexion as she browsed through the HoloNet storefronts. In no mood to speak or even eat, the teenager did what any normal female would do when in a state of despair - shop.

With way too many tabs open on her HoloNet browser, the teenager searched through the online stores for items that piqued her interest of which there were many but also not many she was allowed to purchase.

After several minutes of browsing, the girl's eyes fell on the Heartbeat Studio & Boutique's online store and shot a glance at the heels by the side of her bed. Out of all the shoes she had worn, those were the only heels that did not give her a burning pain in her feet at the end of the day.

// Ms Perl,

I don't know if you remember me, but recently, I purchased several pairs of Heartbeat heels from you (which really are the most comfortable heels I have ever worn) and noticed you also produced clothing so, I was wondering if you would accept custom orders? I am interested in commissioning your company with designing a full wardrobe of clothing, shoes and accessories for me (and perhaps even a set of blaster-proof suits for my bodyguards).

I am aware this is quite a costly request but I assure you I have the funds to pay for it - we can sign a contract if that is what you want, though it won't be with me but the Iron Empire. My uncle, the Emperor, has granted me permission to use funds from the treasury to purchase protective clothing masquerading as normal clothing.

Regards,

Aster Rose Baelor //

The teenager finally smiled for the first time since her return as she typed up and sent the mail to Heartbeat House & Boutique's business inbox. Excitement welled within her as she awaited a response from the company.

[member="Joza Perl"]​

Objective 4: Fill the armoury

Daegon Vaelaellis, Lord Commander of the Wolfsglaive - Kingsguard of the Full Metal Emperor and his kin was not a stern man like one would expect. On the contrary, he was quite the opposite of what one would expect from a man in his position. Instead of the rigid expression worn by his peers, Daegon sported a roguish smile and a nonchalant demeanour; however, looks can be deceiving. Beneath that muscular body was a broken spirit who was more machine than man, who had not quite yet come to terms with the amalgamation of man and machine he had become.

The temporary prosthetics he had been loaned while his own were in the Technomancers' workshop being serviced had forced him to remain behind while his men fought against the Sith on Ilum, displeasing him. Bored, with not much to do, the man browsed the HoloNet in search of weapons to stock the armoury of the Iron Empire. Although the defectors had taken more than what they needed and were well equipped, the Sith were familiar with the weapons they had taken with them and knew what to expect should conflict arise. Because of this, the Lord Commander though it best to procure some new weapons for the Empire.

// Attn: Reclaimer Arms and Industrial,

I am Daegon Vaelaellis, Lord Commander of the Wolfsglaive (the Iron Empire's Kingsguard) and I would like to take out a contract on behalf of the Iron Empire to fill our armoury with some of your company's weapons.

Co-ordinates are enclosed, please let me know if you are interested at your earliest convenience so that I can inform our boarder patrol of your representative's impending arrival.

Regards,

Daegon Vaelaellis //

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom