Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Things are not always as Black and White.

Be careful what you wish for.

The last thing that evil wants...

76682.gif

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Foes:
Allies: Valery Noble Valery Noble

”Things do not pass for what they are, but for what they seem. Most things are judged by their jackets. ” - Baltasar Gracian
So, I wanted to tell you about her. You know, Chrysa. You met her before we stood, I wanted you to, but I also wanted to tell you about her without her around.

There he was, on Corellia visiting the memorial site of his daughter Alyscia. Axial Park had changed so much over the years, but they had always held a level of respect for the traditions of remembering those who passed on. Sure, they talked on Tython, that war on a planet rife in death and history all its own, but that was another matter. This was going to be something a little more cordial, especially since he had finally worked up the nerve to say something.

So, we did it. We “stood.” I wish you were there, but in a way you were, you all were. You know, you and her, you met once, when you were a little one. I…

Screams could be heard from the other side of the park. There was something going on that was tensing up the back of his neck and naturally this was something that caught the big man’s attention as he cracked it.

Be right back, kiddo.

He was not a citizen of the Galactic Alliance, but he knew Corellia better than any of them, so unless they rebuilt from the tunnels up, little was changed in the way of the layouts. He would get there faster and with less fanfare than most simply by slipping into one of the drainage outlets and through the system. Popping up where the noise was at its loudest was surprising. A mob was surrounding two “twenty-somethings” clearly afraid and looking to want nothing more than to leave. What was weird is the “twenty-somethings” looked to be carrying some level of dark side corruption.

... is my undivided attention.

Last edited:

Appearance: Link
Necklace: Link
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

The level of destruction on Tython had left many people injured, ripped apart countless families and the aftermath was going to stay with those who were affected by it for many more years. But slowly but surely, planets within the GA were all contributing to the relocation of refugees, offering them supplies and holding ceremonies to remember and respect the fallen. Valery had attended one such ceremony on Ilum that was dedicated to the Jedi who had lost their lives in the battle. But today, she had traveled to Corellia to honor the soldiers who had fought alongside them until the end.

Dressed in her usual attire, she walked along the path at the burial site at Axial park, a somber expression on her face but one that still showed her calmness. There were relatives of those who lost their lives all around them, and so she remained quiet to allow them their peaceful moments without any interruptions.

But their peace sadly did not last very long — screams in the distance drew Valery's attention instantly, and the longer she focused on it, the more she felt strange darkness in the area. She wasn't sure what the source could be, but within seconds of feeling it, she was on the move and heading to confront it head-on. However, as she got closer, Valery felt something else too... a familiar presence.

"Caltin? What's going on here?" she asked as her eyes turned to the mob, and especially those they surrounded.

“Any tool can be used for good or bad. It's really the ethics of the artist using it.”- John Knoll

How did she know I was here?

It’s not that he cared at this point if he could be sensed or not. It’s just the big man had gotten used to being “Force Dead” for lack of a better term to many of his colleagues since his “reconstruction” (for lack of a better phrase). Either way, he looked at her and shrugged as well.

Just got here, myself.

Then one of the onlookers noticed the two of them and pointed at the other two. “You, you’re Jedi! I’ve seen the holo-recordings of you… you’re Noble, right? These two! We caught them for you! They were skulking around the cemetery.”

One of the two accused yelled out in defense, “We weren’t doing anything wrong!”

Another then yelled out in anger, “You’re Sith! Your very lives are built on “doing anything wrong!”

This brought out a visual response from the big man, mainly a lofted eyebrow.

Another of the crowd pointed at them from behind. “They’re planning something! Another invasion! They’re scouts!”

The smaller, clearly more emotional of the two yelled out painfully “We didn’t do anything! We’re not planning anything! We’re not Sith! Can’t you just let us leave in peace?!”

“You’re SITH!”

“WE ARE NOT SITH!”

Calm down.

It was a strange sight to see when a Jedi who had made his reputation on combat was trying to de-escalate a situation, but that was clearly what the Massive Jedi Master was trying to do. He had absolutely no concern for this public outcry at the moment, in fact it was starting to annoy him. What he wanted was a moment of peace. That was clearly not what this crowd wanted. Then one of the largest Weequay one would ever see stormed one of them from behind and went to grab the larger of the two. Well he showed his “young” skills and pulled out a lightsaber, though he did not activate it yet. The Weequay yelled out “You see?!” and pointed.

Caltin glanced over to Valery and sighed. Your call, but perhaps listening to both sides?

TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Items: Necklace

"Just got here, myself."

Valery looked up at the much taller Jedi Master and dipped her head in acknowledgment before the crowd drew her attention again. Not just because they were loud, but because they had spotted the two Jedi as well, and one seemed to have recognized her, "That's right. Is something wrong here?" she asked, still with some confusion about the whole ongoing situation. The answer came rather quickly as another stepped forward, and accused the pair of being Sith.

Much like Caltin, Valery's response showed more surprise, and she slowly tilted her head. The idea of Sith infiltrating worlds deep within Alliance territory wasn't too strange, but they would have never allowed themselves to be caught so easily within a crowd like this, and if it somehow were to happen... things would have likely escalated a lot more.

"You're SITH!"

"WE ARE NOT SITH!"

"Calm down."

Valery watched the exchange calmly, even when one of the citizens rushed ahead to grab one of the two supposed Sith and retrieve a lightsaber from their belt. To most, it made them look suspicious but Valery looked up at Caltin and nodded, "Agreed, let's not rush into anything," she said with a gentle smile before she turned back to the crowd. Her eyes specifically settled on the pair who had been surrounded, and with a calm exterior, she began to speak again.

"These people accuse you of being Sith — could you tell us who you really are, and why you're here with lightsabers?" she asked and in that moment, her senses expanded as well. Some were very capable of hiding their lies, but it was still wise to focus on their emotions and attempt to analyze the truth behind their words.

“Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do.”- Potter Stewart

Valery could focus on the two of them, he would focus on the crowd, it was what he did. So as she approached them, he circled around the outskirts, not even meeting either of their gazes, but keeping his eyes on frantic citizens. While they have every right to be worried, they have no right to go through “mob rule”.

When Val asked them about what they are, this brought out more yelling:

“Don’t believe her!”

“They’re scouts!”

“First Coruscant next Corellia? No way!” As the man who yelled this out charged he was immediately knocked off his feet by Caltin. The big man picked the would-be attacker up and sent him back into the crowd.

You will not do this!

This of course drew the ire of many.

“Who are you to dictate what we do?”

“You’re Jedi! It’s your job to kill Sith!”

You want to know who I am? Look up the name “Vanagor” and you will see my families bloodline throughout history. As for my “job”? It is my job to keep the peace and that means defending those who are being harassed.

“They’re killers!”

That is what we are trying to discern right now, but we cannot do that if you are going to keep trying to interfere.

"We have a right to be involved!"

Then you can antagonize them to the point of action without us. You want that?

Meanwhile Val’s question did not go unanswered.

“We’re not Sith! Okay we were trained by the old Sith Empire, but that was it.”

The larger, more aggressive of the two(who had already put his lightsaber down at this point) spoke up in an act of nobility. “Look, if you want to kill someone, Master Jedi, kill me… it was my idea to come here, Not Xashi’s.”

“No!” Xashi interjected emotionally. “It was my mother who passed away. I just wanted a chance to say ‘goodbye’, he came on his own accord just so I wouldn’t be alone. Please! We’ve done nothing wrong… we even traveled commercially.”

There was a distinct difference in everything that was going on around here. There was clearly something being hidden. The question is which side (if any) was doing the hiding.

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Items: Necklace

The crowd of people and their yelling was mildly frustrating, but Valery remained calm and nodded to Caltin as he handled the situation and made sure it wouldn't escalate further. They wanted the Jedi to help deal with this, and so she hoped they'd actually be given a chance to do so. Either way, the two supposed Sith turned to Valery and answered her question, but a comment was made that got her to raise an eyebrow.

"I never want to kill anybody," Valery told the larger of the two, her tone a little more firm. Her eyes then shifted to the other, who seemed more pleading, and tried to argue no wrong had been done, but they also admitted to having been trained by the old Sith Empire.

She had a feeling the crowd wouldn't respond well to that, "You were trained by the Sith, but no longer consider yourself one?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head, clearly hoping to get some more answers. It was highly uncommon for Sith to just leave behind what they are. The Dark Side's corruptive nature almost guaranteed a lust for power, and that alone typically meant a path involving the subjugation of others.

"The more details you can give me, the easier this will be. So please, be honest," she said, her eyes narrowing a little while she focused on the two. Valery showed no sign of wanting to take hostile action, but she was letting her senses focus on them through the Force in case they were lying or thinking about taking action themselves.

“I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.”- Albert Einstein

“She’s in the memorial section over in Axial Park, my father… he disowned me when he found out I was attune… but my mother.“ She cried. She actually cried. “She always tried to keep in touch with me, to make sure I was alright…” Falling to her knees at the thought of what she was about to open up to “She died alone. My dad left her… I don’t hate him.. He’s my dad… but… she died alone… I just wanted to say ‘goodbye’... I couldn’t be there when she died.”

The larger, more aggressive of the two just put his arms around her in an effort to be comforting. “Is this what your ‘Alliance’ is about? Persecution?”

This seemed to fall on deaf ears among many in the crowd as a (star wars version of a molotov cocktail) was thrown at them but suddenly stopped in mid-air. Force-Stasis can be an intense thing. Now Caltin was mad.

How dare you besmirch the history of this park with such a show of disgrace! Corellia has the richest history of all of the Core in freedoms for all and you would sully that by trying to suppress those of someone you think you don’t like?

One of the onlookers then pulled out a holdout blaster. “You’re defending a Sith! A Jedi, defending a Sith!” That blaster was pulled by the Force into Caltin’s hand as be broke it into pieces.

I am defending someone who needs protection…

Val can be the calm one, Caltin will be who he is.

Sanctuary Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom