Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public There Is Only Peace - [Open To All Jedi]

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv stood awkwardly by P Placeholder 0128 , his hands shoved into his jacket pockets. His master suggested he tag along to potentially be a part of a turning point. A change in the way the Jedi approach galactic threats forever. Ryv couldn't say he expected much, as the 'good guys' had been losing the fight since the days of the One Sith. The dark side was a mostly unified force behind their Dark Lord, which provided a powerful adversary to not only threaten the galaxy but potentially conquer it as well. Every time the young Kiffar considered the Sith and their actions it soured his mood considerably, but the same could be said for the galaxy's Jedi at this point. So many were wrapped up in the big game. Who controls what, points of attack, the whole nine yards. He was just as much a part of the problem as Yuroic, or Cedric, or any other narrow-minded individual who focused solely on the individual battles, rather than the overarching war.

It seemed Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga was different.

On paper anyway.

What little reading Cedric did assign him leading up to this little get together helped provide some insight on the potential Jedi who'd arrive, but there was little on he who called the meeting. It appeared as if Wyatt avoided most of the petty Jedi politics to seek out something beyond what the rest of the Jedi could perceive. Ryv was starting to think that something would be accomplished this day.

"I gotta say," Ryv leaned a bit closer to his master and whispered. "Lots of folks like to hear themselves speak," he eyed the brief disagreement between Yuroic and Wyatt, though it was cleared up rather quickly. "Maybe this unified front might happen after all."

Leading up to the meeting, Ryv wholly believed nothing would come of it. He was a pessimist, but who wasn't at this point?

Cedric had elected for silence, more eager to hear what those assembled might have to say rather than try and dominate the discussion. He inclined his head down toward his padawan as the boy whispered, an amused little grin alighting his features as he nodded. "If there is one thing Jedi are good at, it's talking," he half-snickered, keen to keep his voice low so that he might might not disturb the proceedings.

He noted the nod from Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar , and found himself filled with a private worry as the man spoke of being wounded by an Imperium Jedi. When? Where? How? Questions he'd need to ask later to discipline whomever had gotten so out of line as to raise a hand against a servant of the Ashla.

It seemed everyone had strong points, though the general desire for unity was heard. It was only after Master WelshGuy WelshGuy gave his peace on fighting the Sith rather than formulating a council that Cedric felt compelled to speak.

"Forgive me master, we've not met," he stepped forward, "Your desire to focus on the war effort is understandable and commendable, but the Imperium and its knights require more than words if we are to fight together. Years ago your people styled themselves as our allies, then sat aside as our people were put through a genocide and our world burned. Now you'd ask that we rise to your defense."

His arms folded about his chest. "It is assistance we are willing to give, but we require certainty. Without a uniting body to be held accountable to, the only thing tying us together is our word, and frankly I don't trust something so flimsy as a verbal contract to send my people to die for yours. A council is necessary because an army needs leadership,"

He gestured toward the gathering. "And that is what you are asking of us, no? To assemble in the defense of your people, to forge ourselves into an army to stand against the tide of darkness that threatens to wash over the galaxy. Any defense we coordinate will be hampered by our separation of command. We must be as one, and we must all be accountable to the same seat of power."

Diana McClaine, WelshGuy WelshGuy , Kaleleon Kaleleon , Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill , Avo Avo , Shira Varanin, Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar , Jakkor Kess Jakkor Kess , Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga , Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt , Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Lannik Hayes Lannik Hayes , Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol , Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira

Last edited:
A Light Shining in Darkness
None of us will ignore the danger the Sith pose, Master Yuroic.”, Wyatt said with a reassuring smile.​
It was true, that while there were innumerable dangers to the galaxy - in the form of the Sith, Bryn’adul, Eternal Empire, or even the Confederacy; the greatest of those threats now was the Sith Empire. A mechanical clockwork of evil that decimated planets like Ession, spread misinformation, and continuously spread that toxic authoritarianism that undermined the rights of the common man. Wyatt sighed as he took a step back and looked to everyone.​
Yet, you seperate issues that many of us see as one. A council is not some political movement alone, but the establishment of a joint command as Master Grayson mentioned.”, Wyatt said with a final word to Yuroic, at least for the moment.​
“I will not however deny that Master Yuroic has brought something great to our attention; that while we may discuss the dynamic of our unification, to make our Order strong enough to resist the Darkness once again, that we must establish a means of defending our planets - lest the continued transgression of the Sith see not only planets like Ession fall; but the Galaxy as a whole.”, Wyatt said with a frown.​
So - I propose this, with the agreement that the Council be formed with those Masters present, we make a Jedi Security Council - with the heads of each order upon it. Together, we device a plan to strike back against the Sith - to free those planets that have been put the sword.”, he said with a motion to the planets on the map Master Quill had shown.​
A unified Jedi Order. To contain the Sith, for once and for all.”​
OOC Note: I apologize for anyone I didn't mention, or react to. Feel free to PM me on Discord if you want me to edit!​

Last edited:
Loske considered how the practicality of the Jedi of yore knew no bounds, while disposing some of the debris into a lone receptacle. As pure as the Jedi were supposed to be, you couldn't be clean if you didn't have basins and attention to facility maintenance.

The fellow who'd been responsible for the breakage seemed to have slunk away. The fact that he'd been able to just..appear and disappear without much attention made her curious. How'd that happen? How many people knew this many Jedi were here? And more seemed to come! If someone had a dastardly desire to bomb them out of orbit, could they? What sort of defences was this station equipped with (other than the slew of Jedi warriors with The Force and Sabers)? Such a notion seemed too grim to hold on to, so she pushed it to the recesses of her cognition.

More voices entered the forum, and a dialogue was started. Standing a little bit outside the crowd, Loske leaned the pole of the broom against the wall and bent down to pick up a few of the finer bits of grime that had evaded the bristles, dusting them off into the open maw of the bin. The Force was alive here, activated with all those that aligned to it’s lighter side. They all had that in common, and several agreed that they wanted to agree on more. So what was the problem? Personal differences, of course.

A shrill whistle from Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill snapped attention and summarized agreement. Then some more talking. Then a hologram! That piqued her interest. Loske had an affinity for maps and navigation -- and it was this that caused her to slink from the background to nearer the fore, craning her neck to see the plotted spots on the cerulean projection a little better. The projection itself was small, and unobtrusive to the rest of the stuff going on.

“That’s neat.” She murmured as quietly as she could, not to disturb the louder voices, and willed her peering to intensify. She recognized only one of the plots - Cato Neimoidia. That had been one heck of a climb, not a travel experience she was likely to forget. Her curiosity had brought her alongside the robe-donned hermit, near enough to see all the different names of the spots and their relativity to each other on the map.

There was no official means of introduction, just questions. “Have you been to all of these?” He looked aged. It was possible. “Do they all have different merits and purposes? Is this map accessible?”

This timing was inappropriate. There were bigger decisions at stake. "Chat later." She gave a nod to both herself and the fellow, and clasped her hands in front of her.

Yuroic could laugh, he could cry, but mostly he wanted to shout in anger. These people, these supposed Jedi heard his plea to step away from this council talk and focus on the now, the issue that is of most importance to many Jedi, to many people. He glared at Cedric, to call himself a Jedi Master, call himself devoted to the Light and then only offer conditional help, that SJO must do as he wants if they want his support. To waste time that his people didn't have, an apology for a past SJO actions was fine but waiting for this council to be formed, wait for action to be decided, then wait for the help arrive. It was too long, it was hypocritical of them all to say that he was acting in pride, that he was being blind of the need of this council when they were being blind to the need of support for his people, they didn't have time. The Sith were at their door and attacking SJO space.

"So Jedi of you to offer help but have it tied in strings of conditions, Master Grayson. I have not met you before, therefore I do not know when the SJO didn't answer the call from your people, I know that we are a very different faction than we were years ago. I would have thought your Padawan, Cenric would have told you when he returned to you after being in our care." Yuroic stated in cold tones. He was not having it, these weren't Jedi, they were not people who wanted to really help him. "My word is my word, I tried helping the Mandalorians fight the Sith because I swore that I would fight the Sith, the Mandalorians attacked us plenty but I swore I would try to help them because the Sith threat trumps any conflict or issues. I couldn't but I made the effort. If I am willing to work with my own enemies to fight Sith, how can you be so unwilling to lead your people to help fellow Jedi. Fellow Jedi!" He repeated the last line to emphasis the hypocrisy that was coming from Cedric.

Breathing slowly, Yuroic tried to calm himself. "My people don't have time for this council. They don't have time to wait for you to decide to help us. They are being attacked now! They are dying now! They need your help now! Not tomorrow, not later, now! So don't stand around here and act that you are doing what is best for everyone when billions could be dying because you are deciding to wait." Yuroic growled, "words are not flimsy. My word is solid, I will be there when you are attacked by the Dark Side, just as I thought you would be here for me. How can the CIS offer more support than you Jedi? We don't need some council to organise ourselves, we need leading figures in factions to talk, like this. It isn't hard, a council takes time that my people don't have right now." Shaking his head, "make your council now, waste your time now, tell yourselves that when billions die waiting for the Jedi to act that there was nothing you could do. But don't kid yourself that we need this council now, that the council is more important than fighting the Sith who are attacking Jedi, killing Jedi right now."

He was done. Clearly these people didn't want to help him or many, many people he was tasked with protecting, they wanted to talk and make a council while billions died.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga P Placeholder 0128 Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Kaleleon Kaleleon Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar Diana McClaine Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira Jakkor Kess Jakkor Kess Shira Varanin Avo Avo

Last edited:

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
He remained in the Shadows, as was his place among the Jedi.

The Knight was a tireless man with duties that never seemed to afford him sleep. The dark bags under both his eyes were a silent testimony to the time he spent away from other Jedi, out in the field and among the common people. He helped who he could. That was the purpose of a Jedi Knight, foremost.

So, to hear the conversation turn to "who is fighting the Sith, and who is not," drew a discontented frown across his lips. His gaze flicked from one man to the other like the fickle flame of the Force between them. The more emphasis they put on this war, the conflict, and the strife that resulted, the more they played into the hands of the Dark Forces.

War was not the call of the Jedi Knight.

War was the last resort of men with nothing else. It was the contingency they fell into when they had no better weapon against the chaos. It shaped them into blades- something that a Knight ought never seek to become.

A blade only spilt blood.

That was the degree of difference between a normal Jedi, and a man who spent his life walking in the shadow of the Dark Side. He saw how it twisted their thoughts, their actions. It made them malleable.

It made atrocities like Mirial.

"So long as the people of the Galaxy have a need," Morrows said at last, "the Jedi will serve."

He said nothing more, but let the implications fall where they would.

Tellu Talon

T
Seemingly somewhere on Monastery, deep within a tomb beneath the Nexus. The bones of Tellu Talon seemingly rolled over in their grave. As if, as if - when Tellu was alive they had a meeting just like this one. Where councils were proposed, but then nothing got done. Only now, there was a leader of a large Jedi Order who seemed to be putting a lot of this out of perspective and would not consider anything anyone had to say. It led to a great rippling effect throughout the Force, for if he would not yield and consider the position of others. Regardless of his status, then this meeting would result like the others - into nothingness. It was with this that the Force Ghost of Tellu Talon gathered strength. Just enough strength to shout through the Force. "Oy gevalt!" It would be all that the Force Ghost could do, but to know that this was enough rouse the spirit from the afterlife, brought a sense of duty left unfinished. Tellu would need to seek her sister Srina Talon Srina Talon to resolve the issue of being dead.

Samatharis

S
"Oy indeed." Diana whispered to nobody in particular. Rubbing her lips together and slowly shaking her head in Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga 's direction. Because when Yuroic says he doesn't want to talk 'council', and your next suggestion as the host is to say the words 'security council', ...Well? Probably not what ol' Xeraic and company was hoping to hear eh. Wink wink. Nudge nudge.

Alas. Grayson was busy playing 'tit-for-tat' over there, (and sadly. these things take time to resolve halfheartedly,) so meanwhile, Diana decided to gaze over toward Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill and give him a tiny wink and an inconspicuous thumbs up. As if to suggest, 'nice visual. very sexy.' Because good on him for trying to suggest a bigger picture than the map we're all so used to looking at elsewhere.

Mm. Then Diana straightened her back and went back to being quiet. Because It might take some time before the boys get back on the 'unity is more than Major' train of thought again. Oh well.

Also. Who just said "Oy"? Weird.

There were so many differing opinions, some more positive than others with arrogance tainting otherwise valid points. It made the blue-hued Jedi Master's head-tails twitch as if in a heavy sigh. Things seemed to never change yet there was still hope. The Force was with them, always.

"And one thing we can all agree on: we are stronger together."

"Indeed. We are stronger together. A truth the Servants of the Light should not forget as emotions cloud sage wisdom expressed. Cooperate and collaborate, past and current differences placed aside the Jedi must if we are to turn back the tide of the ever-growing darkness encompassing our galaxy. The time to act is now as One Light," Cambria entreated with her thoughtful words wrapped in a thick Twi'lek accent.

Last edited:
(Phone Post)

He’d struck a nerve.

For all Master WelshGuy WelshGuy ’s outrage, Cedric was akin to impassioned stone fashioned in the shape of a man. His arms folded behind the small of his back as he debated giving Yuroic a reply.
“Master Xeraic, if the Jedi path teaches me to send my people to die in droves for another nation entirely, and then asks me not to formalize a command structure on an already chaotic front, then I am no Jedi.” His tone was wholly neutral. “The formation of a council will take all of five minutes and allow us to have an overarching command structure when warring with the Sith. Without a command structure, we are disorganized and if our people have conflicting ideas on where to attack, or how to operate, there is no uniting force to keep tensions from rising. I won’t send my people blindly to help yours without planning because it’s going to get them killed em masse. We’re not asking you for resources or any payment Master Xeraic - we just want to be organized.”

Hopefully the Silver would see that much. His rationality was tinged with anger, his patience overwhelmed with worry. “I would insist on a unitary command structure with any group, in any alliance. It won’t take very long - finished before the day’s end - and it’ll make sure our orders aren’t conflicting. After that is done, our people can be sent to assist yours, but not until then.” It wasn’t something he was willing to budge on. Frankly it was all blown rather out of proportion. Establishing a council or some other seat of power to have each of their groups beholden to was the key to operating as a singular entity, and it would probably only take some of the day to finish up. He was having more than a little trouble understanding Master Yuroic’s hesitation - this wasn’t going to take a week.

For all his past disdain for the Silver Jedi and their empty promises to the Essonian people, he had no desire to see them suffer. That being said, it would be foolish to allow those same mistakes to be repeated should there be no overarching accountability.

“All you need is the patience to make it through the rest of this meeting. I will see to your front with the Sith personally afterword.” He added, and though his visage was hidden behind the mask, one could tell he was confused from his tone of voice. “Cenric is dead.”

If the Silvers could agree, then this security council Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga posed could get well underway.

if they're watching anyways
"Master Quill?" Auteme was surprised to see him -- she'd assumed that the man was still too hermit-esque to actually come, especially here. She'd actually brought her Solitude Stone, hoping to communicate with the other Jedi and inform him of the happenings aboard the station. It was better that he'd come today; the padawan believed he'd have wise insight to impart on the matter of Jedi unification. "It's great to see you! I didn't think you'd come," she said. The teenager gave him a quick embrace before pulling away; she wasn't really sure how else to greet him. After all, they'd shared thoughts across the galaxy -- a handshake didn't seem good enough.

Still, there were a great many other wise men, women, and others in the room today. It was enough to make Auteme stick around for a little while to listen to the discussion. Master Morga appeared to be a strong enough moderator, and yet...

The idea that the Jedi were solely to fight the Sith didn't sit right with Auteme. An army? They weren't an army. They weren't soldiers, either. She wasn't. She didn't want to be. She'd fought the Sith, and of course she found them dangerous and malicious, but there were many other ways in which the Jedi could help the galaxy. Namely knowledge. That was why she decided to slip out of the big meeting room and head elsewhere aboard the station -- she was a padawan, and a naive one at that. She doubted those wise and strong-willed masters would truly listen to her. "I'm going to head out," she whispered to Quill. "I have my Solitude Stone if I need to contact you. I'm going to go explore the station a bit. See you later?" She didn't wait too long for an answer.

Pushing through the crowd of Jedi made her realize how many there really were. Perhaps this was an army, but if it was it'd certainly need the coordination the masters were talking about. Stepping out of the room and into one of the station's many empty corridors felt like entering another world. Even the Force was different -- being among so many Jedi was like a great ocean of potential power, but the station was more like a calm creek flowing, merging and splitting from a great river at many points.

The padawan simply followed the flow. No map could show her the way here.

The centre of the station had a similar feel to the meeting room -- largely spherical, open, and very large. Stairways and catwalks lead to an enormous central terminal of sorts. Auteme couldn't tell what the purpose of this place was. The light coming from the hallway bled into the dark chamber, but at its centre she could make out a quiet blue glow.

In the end it wasn't really anything she did that activated it all, but simply by standing on the central platform the place came to life. Bio-mechanical veins glowed turquoise, the room illuminated by floodlights above, and a holoprojector powered up. She could feel the Force flowing strongly through here. It told her to listen, to sense, to seek... well, the Force is an odd thing.

So was the avatar projected at the centre; the one that spoke to Auteme.

"Well, hello there. How might I help you, young woman?"

To be continued in There Is Only Knowledge. Wouldn't want to clutter up the thread. :p

Elise

E
Elise was late, though she would be hard pressed to view it that way.

One could not make mistakes when following the Force's will, of that much she was sure. Some might call her ideology hogwash but... she held no remorse for her late and impromptu timing.

She step through the meeting room doors, her robes catching a gust of ventilated air. She stopped short and listened. The tension in the room was palatable. She skimmed the faces around her passively, recognizing some while not knowing many. She took a slow yet intentional breath in and out. If any were watching it might be a reminder to do the same.

Cenric is dead.”

"But that's not true. Cedric, I presume?" She interjected. She gave Wyatt a nod and walked with small steps to Yuoric's side. A warm, tempering hand was placed on his shoulder. She smiled an unspoken hello, then looked to man to see him respond to the name.

"One of our padawans found him entangled in Hutt affairs. We're sheltering him now. Still are, actually," she murmured sideways to Yuroic, clearing up the confusion. "We told him we'd help him reunite with you." Kyra was going to be furious over this.

"And here we are. So please," she implored, her expression softening on Cedric. "Let's try again, hm?" She glanced between him and Yuroic, her hand squeezing.

Her voice rose, addressing everyone in the room.

"We hear your request. We will participate in your council. ... On the grounds that this help is reciprocated in turn. " Which it would be. She could see that clear as day, but it was obvious that Yuroic needed to hear those words. He was resisting out of fear and anger. They wanted to speak politics and tactics while the warning sirens on the border planets of SJO could go off at any time.

She understood his reaction. But she also understood what this council needed to hear.

She looked to Wyatt, her gaze keen. "What do you need from us? What do you need from all of us."

Last edited by a moderator:
A Light Shining in Darkness
Wyatt watched as Elise took control of the situation - much to his bemusement. The drama between Cedric and Yuroic ran deem - even if Yuroic wasn’t to blame for what occurred. Ession burned because the Silver’s chose to run from the Sith once; and Wyatt was one of the only ones that stopped Cedric from falling to that emotion, deep and painful as it was. He exhaled slowly as Elise turned to him, asked him what was needed of the Order as a whole -​
The Jedi Order will always protect its own, Master Yuroic can be assured of that.”, he said with a nod to Elise and Yuroic.​
Wyatt turned his gaze towards the crowds massed, the peaceful waves of the Station and their presence moving about them like the tides. He couldn’t help but find some pride in it - he just hoped the Silvers could be trusted… Despite the others, Yuroic was still vocally against this unification, against the planning - But Wyatt had to trust Elise.​
Should the Silvers be willing, I would like volunteers to go back with them; to defend Kintan. Whoever goes with them will be up to those here - I will not claim the right to command you.”, Wyatt said simply before looking back to those few Masters that represented their own Orders.​
For the Masters of the Order, I will ask you to stay - to help settle the logistics of the Jedi Order, and to help serve on the Security Council. Those of you who represent Orders within other goverments, The Republic for example, speak to your leadership and bring them here - to discuss a combined strategy against the Sith.”, The Jedi said with a nod.​
After a moment, he smiled to Yuroic and the others;​
Does this sound satisfactory, Masters?”​

The attitude of this council was blinded by bureaucracy and the need to have something certain in very uncertain times. Yuroic was ready to give up, Cedric was a coward of a leader if he couldn't plan, couldn't lead his people into war. Organising support didn't need a council, it didn't need Jedi Masters talking, it took a promise. A promise to be there when the call for help was given. Unable to do that was demonstration of inability to act when action was needed. Yuroic was ready to leave when Elise arrived and placed a hand on his shoulder. While they hadn't much interaction, Yuroic knew of the Jedi Master, she was working with the Padawans and organising their training. It was solid work that Yuroic commended.

He knew that Cedric was not dead last he met the Padawan but he didn't know that the kid was still on Kashyyyk, figuring that he had left long before now, it was surprising to hear that the kid had stuck around. Perhaps Kyra had convinced him in staying. He tilted his head and looked at the holomap, Kintan wasn't near Sith space. "Why Kintan? There are other worlds closer or bordering the Sith Empire, surely you would want to support those?" Yuroic tilted his head puzzled on the choice of Kintan. However, they were promising to help but also they were not promising a lot. Volunteers, that wouldn't be many forces and Yuroic could not stop thinking about the numbers of Sith and their imperials as well as the dark magic that they have used time to time. He had fought Sith many times and each time their numbers seemed large and dangerous. Even when they worked through the Mandalorians, they were dangerous.

Shaking his head, he had his doubts about this. The Silvers weren't a pure Jedi faction, they had Rangers, healers and other non-Force Users that had an equal voice and say in the actions and directions of the faction. He wasn't sure that the Order could stop them from doing as they desire, or choice not to act. He would have to see what they say when he returned. "We will have to see what the others of the faction say, but we shall return and hear what this council has to offer." He didn't want to hold his breath though.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga P Placeholder 0128 Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Kaleleon Kaleleon Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar Diana McClaine Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira Jakkor Kess Jakkor Kess Shira Varanin Avo Avo

Samatharis

S
And there you have it. A new beginning.

Diana was practically beaming with pride as Elise offered her hand and her compassion to the proceedings. Yes, now all that was left was for Wyatt to find them some folding chairs and for the Conclave representatives to sit down to talk about supplies, comms, and any future meetings. I mean. Wow. She still couldn't believe it. With a successful unification, (and a few bodies for the Silver war effort,) that would give the Silver Assembly members no choice but to continue supporting the new Order. Another super easy win-win for the faction. With literally nothing to lose by participating. Huh. So awesome.

Diana took a breath. Then let it out slowly. Letting her emotions settle back into peaceful serenity. She smiled to all the Padawans and newcomers too. Because she knew. Man. They couldn't have gotten this far without them. Everybody had played a part. Here, everybody mattered.

Then she gave a knowing nod to nobody in particular and took her leave from the room. Returning to the hanger to prep for her return voyage to Denon. Word had it that some silly mega corporations and script kiddies had taken over her homeworld. Pfft. Weird. Time to sell the beach condo, I guess. Bleh.

Anyway. Now it was all up to the Silver Assembly and the Silver Jedi themselves to decide how best to support this new Unified Order. And, despite Invasion Season shenanigans to the contrary, ...Well. Ya know. They might just have all the time in the world to do it too.

wink

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom