Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public There is Only Knowledge - [Open to all Jedi]

A little note blooped onto Auteme Auteme 's datapad or comlink or whatever personal device she carried.

Auteme-

Sorry I didn't catch up with you at the meeting - I got peopled out. Crowds overwhelm me. Having things to say helped but I ran out of those. I'm going to go explore the station for a day or two. Need some peace and quiet.

Thanks for all your work so far. It was good to finally meet you.

Quill

Zara Tate

Z
Tate gave a smile and a nod towards Wyatt and Niklasz. At least now she was up to speed.

"Excellent. Thank you for briefing me Master Morga. That was all I needed. For now."

She put her phone away and moved to grab her bag. Then turned to reply to Niklasz' comments,

"Jedi knowledge is most often guarded by tests of Force sensitivity and an alignment check. Similar to how smaller holocrons react to the presence of Jedi so favorably. Thus, I would be confident to assume that this entire moon was built via a similar fashion. However, given that it is also Zeffo in nature? We are likely to see new behaviors as well. Perhaps visions and spiritual manifestations too."

She shrugged. The Force was magic. So sometimes it made sense. Often, it didn't.

"Anyway. I'll grab my instruments and talk with the A.I. custodian a bit. I don't plan on venturing far. This place was obviously built to house and assist the Jedi of yore. Mm. I doubt I'll find much maliciousness here at all. So... All in all. I'll have a report ready for the Silvers in the morning. Then take my leave."

Tate gave a nod to both parties. Then strolled off to find a quiet place alone with the station. She had time.

"Force be with you gentlemen. Adieu."

A Light Shining in Darkness
Wyatt raised a quick finger, as though to tact on another piece of information for Zara -​
Not malicious, but please mind the guardians. They aren’t exactly that… welcoming.”, he said with a sigh as Zara made her way from them.​
His gaze fell back on Niklasz, with a quiet smile;​
In time, perhaps. I hope to renovate the entire station - but I’d temper that thought of ‘wiping the Sith from the galaxy’. Our first goal should always be to bring them redemption - and we already know how to do that, don’t we?”​
Wyatt offered a quick wink, as though the two held an inside secret;​
Peace.”​
Wyatt laughed for a moment, warm and inviting as he readjusted his weight.​
So tell me, Niklasz, how can I help you?”​

if they're watching anyways
Maybe she was wrong earlier -- seemed he had enough sense to tell something about her. Emotional intelligence was something Auteme could appreciate... as was a little bit of humor. His goofy grin made her giggle like a little girl. "Did you just call me 'man'?" She replied to his expression with a silly smile of her own. She could do with a chat like this more often.

The teenager followed Ryv through every turn and bend in the massive station. Names were weird. They were sort of an art; sometimes they could mean something more, but often they were just little, beautiful things. Like people. "Strongest and wisest Jedi to ever carry a whole bunch of my notes aboard the Peace," she corrected him. "Don't sell yourself short. You're awesome at carrying stuff."

"So... thanks," she said, giving a warm smile as they arrived at her quarters. She opened the door slightly and then held a hand out to take the notes he'd been carrying for her. "I've never met a Kiffar before, but I've read a ton, so... I recognized the tattoo." She traced a line across her face with her finger. Coruscant and the Sith were heavier stuff. Didn't want to front-load a friendship. She didn't ask.

Auteme nodded. She'd never really talked to Yuroic, but she'd seen him fight bravely in the past. She was more surprised to learn that Ryv was part of the Grayson Imperium, and that he was an apprentice of Grayson himself. At the meeting the Imperator had seemed very serious, and from her readings she'd determined he had a lot of conviction and was set in his ways. Ryv seemed much more cool and chill; she couldn't imagine the both of them together. "That's really cool. I don't have a master," she said with a shrug.

She backed into her room slightly, but paused in the doorway. "I'm probably just gonna... sleep, or organize my notes a bit... thanks for showing me the way. If I get lost again, can I count on you to help me back?" Again, a kind and friendly smile came over her face. Only talking to the Gatekeeper certainly wouldn't do. A friend would be really nice.

Ryv Ryv

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Yeah, it's just a figure of speech I picked up a few years back. Real casual stuff," Ryv handed her the notes back and leaned to the side. His arms crossed over his chest as his shoulder pressed gently into the wall. "You're probably a lot wiser than I, Auteme. I dunno if you noticed, but I'm pretty good at menial labor. You're the one unearthing ancient Zeffo and Jedi secrets," he looked down the hall and away from her to watch another small group of Jedi who appeared to be carrying crates containing more regalia of times long past. He looked back at her mention of studying his kind and even chuckled a bit as she traced his tattoo on her face. His gloved right hand rose and did the same, tracing the simple red line that ran down it.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool to learn from Cedric. A lot of people think low of him, but the dude is such a badass. He's never lost the will to fight for the little guys," it was apparent at that moment how much Ryv looked up to the stalwart Jedi master. "We don't necessarily agree on everything, but he gets me, you know? He respects who I am and who I want to be. I couldn't ask for a better master," just as quickly as the kiffar moved to relax he straightened off the wall. "You should talk to Wyatt! I think he'd be a great master if you're in the market. He's wise, understanding, kind and also likes taking notes on things way too old for someone like me to understand. I bet you two would hit it off."

Auteme's question and smile brought back the kiffar's grin.

"Of course! I'm down to help you out whenever you need, Auteme," Ryv began to backpedal away as if to depart before stopping. "Oh! Wyatt wanted me to put together a small group of padawan to explore a new sector of the station. If you uh, aren't busy-" his hand rose up to gently scratch at the back of his head. "Maybe you'd be interested in coming with?"

He had to admit that Zara Tate 's analysis proved fascinating to him, though he'd never heard of Zeffos before. It made sense, of course, for the knowledge to be so well-protected. But visions and spirits? He had to investigate at some point...though the more arcane aspects of the Force were beyond his reach, they still intrigued him. "Interesting...stay safe, comrade."

He turned back to the man behind this unification attempt. But his hope, perhaps wrongly, quickly soured when Master Morga addressed him. It seemed he was one of those folk that believed in somehow "redeeming" the Sith. As if there was a possibility that monsters of their caliber could even be spoken to, much less rehabilitated. All he'd heard of them was the terror they wrought among the galaxy, bringers of pain, suffering, and authoritarian dominion wherever their shadows fell. And all he'd heard of Jedi from his uncle were how they were heroes, stopping them dead in their tracks with the sheer strength and capability that came with the Light. Giving these people forgiveness for their transgressions had never crossed his mind...and it certainly baffled him why it crossed Morga's.

He didn't respond or interrupt while the Master was speaking, but the deadset half-frown and the intent glare in his eyes probably said all that he wanted to succinctly enough. Peace...the Sith had precluded peace as an option the minute their wanton slaughter began. And there would be no peace until it ended.

But when he shifted the subject for a moment, Nik did his best to indulge him, though managed to fail miserably soon enough. "I...in all honesty, I came asking how I could help you. I feel the Silvers have always been too passive in their approach...too reactionary. When I heard of this initiative you were setting up, I wanted to be a part of it. Something new, something not bureaucratic or dead inside, something that stood for taking action on their words, actually bringing us together for once. Like, I didn't train, learn how to wield a literal beacon of light to vanquish darkness," he said, motioning to his lightsaber, "only to be stuck on watches and negotiating diplomatic disputes between idiotic lawmakers. But that's what I've BEEN doing for the past decade!"

He sighed as he leaned against a nearby column, rubbing his forehead and attempting to compose his muddled thoughts. "But based on your words...I'm just...I'm unsure that I've come to the right place for that. What do you even see in these killers anyway? They slaughter even their own loyal subjects on whims, and to those who resist they just...just...blow them away. How...how can you even presume to forgive these people...no, monsters?"

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Last edited:

Zara Tate

Z
Elsewhere

Zara found a small atrium with a grand window to set up shop. It's view of white fields and the stary sky above truly fascinated her. What a strange moon. Truly whoever had built this place were imaginative indeed.

She smiled and turned away from the window. Then leaned down to open her duffel bag. Retrieving a small circular holocron and holding it aloft in the air.

"Open."

She spoke loudly and firmly. Then allowed the small bauble to glow a light blue. She quickly released the small sphere and let it hover easily in the air.

"Good morning Mistress. We have arrived."

~ "Ugh! Finally. Thought you'd keep me stuffed in there for decades this time. Bleh." ~

The small device bobbed and weaved. It's synthetic voice seemed both peculiar and quite curious. Despite it's frustrated words to the contrary.

~ "Goodness girl? Where are we?" ~

"On a Zeffo station. I thought you'd like a moment to look around. It could be a clue to finding The Lady, I think."

~ "Oh please darling. As if I even needed a moment to even decide about this place." ~

The small sphere darted right over to Zara and shook it's little head,

~ "Nothing." ~

"Nothing?" Zara raised an eyebrow.

~ "Yes. Nothing. ...Because dear, The Lady never had anything to do with, erm, Zeffo. Not even once. Pfft." ~

The tiny ball bounced dramatically once then darted away towards the window. Meanwhile, Zara gave out a longing sigh.

"Oh. Well. That's too bad. But... Anything else you find interesting about this place? It's going to be a new home for a colony of Jedi soon so..."

~ "Oh please dear! Like these Jedi are anything like the last batch. As if I'd even take an interest." ~

The bauble hovered over by the window. Seemly taking in the grand view.

"So. Nothing. Not even a hint of interest? Nothing say... Mm... Dangerous?"

The tiny sphere tilted it's head and spun about slowly.

~ "Dangerous? Pfft. Honey. It's a giant empty thing with secrets tucked inside. Of course it's 'probably' dangerous." ~

Zara raised a brow, "...Probably?"

The sphere bounced. As if to shrug.

~ "Well. It has nothing to do with The Lady. So, naturally, anything else bores me to death. Hmph. As should you dear. This place has already seen it's destiny fulfilled. It's ancient history now. Millenia old. I doubt it will crack the surface of what we seek. Useless really." ~

"Hmph." Zara sighed again. Then shrugged. "Very well. If we've nothing new to learn, then so be it."

Tate pointed back at the duffel bag. The tiny sphere looked down, then shook it's head.

"Back in the bag Master."

~ "You're a horrible hostess. You know that. I've not even been awake five minutes and already you're done with me." ~

"You're the one who said she was bored. So. Bag. Go. I'll not ask again nicely."

~ "Ugh. Fine... But only because this place bores me to tears. One more moment out here and I'm likely to catch a case of the yawns." ~

The tiny sphere floated back over to the duffel on the ground. Then twisted.

~ "Oh, and. I'll be in the library if you need me dear. Don't call unless it's important, yes?" ~

"Goodnight Master. Sleep well."

Then the blue lights inside the sphere went out and it dropped to the ground with a loud, plomp! Mm. Zara kicked the small trinket back into the folds of the bag and zipped it back up. Shaking her head the whole time.

"Well. So much for finding an entity of eternal cosmic power here. Mm. Blast. Guess I'll just have to settle for the mundane notetaking of a mission report back to the Silvers."

She slipped the duffel over her shoulder and approached the long atrium window with glee. Smiling out at the long stars and white grass in the distance.

"Pity. ...She would have liked this place."

Then she gave a soft sigh and slowly returned to her ship. She'd learned everything she'd needed already. Best to leave this place to the next generation of Jedi to contend with. It didn't hold the secrets she was looking for anyway.

The bright lights of her ship's engines flared to life and her tiny interceptor roared out of the bay Back out into the deep space beyond. Mission complete. Back to Kashyyyk and then a long stay at a five-star cosmic resort. She'd had enough of alien space stations for a month. Yek.

A Light Shining in Darkness
The Jedi Master took his own frown as his arms rested at his sides - helping to support him on the crate he leaned against. He didn’t interrupt, he knew that Niklasz likely needed to vent whatever frustration they’d built up in their heart - and Wyatt was in no place to stop that. He never imagined he would agree with all Jedi; but he hoped to talk to them about that.​
Well…”, he said quietly, offering a withdrawn sigh.​
I’ve lived a… long time, Niklasz. Almost 160 years, I believe, and I’ve witnessed many fall to the Dark Side off their passion alone; even if their initial goal was righteous. Just as you speak now, I’ve heard those venom stricken words many times.”​
He shook his head at the memories, letting them was aside before continuing;​
Its one of the toughest thing a Jedi must realize, but to strike back at the Sith with emotion - to do so out of hatred, you risk becoming one of them. The Dark Side corrupts you, changes your hatred to more than just the Sith, and you… strike out at others. Against yourself.”​
Eventually, you become nothing but what you once sought to destroy. Were I to fall to the Dark Side from fighting them, would you strike me down too, Niklasz? I would hope it wouldn’t be your first option, that you’d try to redemption. Its not the easier choice, but it is the right one…”​
He lifted himself off the box, offering Niklasz a small smile as he did - hopefully one of reassurance.​
I know this, because I once fell to the Dark Side. My family… was struck down before me. I lost my Wife and Son that day - and struck back with anger, righteous anger. I know how dangerous that can be - I’ve lived it once already.”, he said with a quiet nod.​
... But if you’re serious about fighting for the Light, I would have you speak to someone. His name is P Placeholder 0128 , though most call him Cedric. He is the Jedi I know most focused on bringing the Light to the Darkness - perhaps he could give you insight into this.”​

if they're watching anyways
Auteme simply smiled and shrugged. "You could always come with me, speak to the Gatekeeper, learn some stuff," she proposed. Having someone else around to talk to while she was codifying everything she was learning here might be a little distracting, but it'd be fun. Ryv was nice. All Jedi enjoyed learning, right? "And don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you've got some wisdom to impart... it might just be hiding away somewhere." She giggled lightly.

"That seems great. I've never met him, officially, anyways..." She looked down for a moment, recalling a rather embarrassing stumble into the armored Imperator Grayson during the first meeting here on the Peace. Masters were great and all, but she'd already had a mentor. She found learning from only one source was an easy way to become blinded and ignorant. "Maybe. I haven't really talked to him either." Still, certainly worth meeting and learning from. He was the one in charge of all this.

Spending more time exploring the station was enticing, but she'd gone back to her room for a reason. The teenager yawned. "Maybe tomorrow? I'm going to get some rest," she said. Auteme stepped into her room and began to close the door, but paused for a moment and gave Ryv another brilliant smile. "It was nice to meet you, Ryv." With that, she closed the door.

She was rather surprised to see the note from Master Quill -- and he was still on the station? She wrote him back before heading to bed.

Master Quill,

I hope the meeting wasn't too stressful for you, but I think you contributed well! I'm going to be staying here a while as well, you can find me in one of the Gatekeeper's rooms or my own. There's so much knowledge here, I want to codify it all. Hope to see you soon!

All the best,

Auteme

Ryv Ryv Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Auteme Auteme

The Jedi, for all their modern obsession with holocrons, had recovered only a fraction of what they'd lost over the course of the 400-Year Darkness. Places like this, treasure troves, always yielded things that no living Jedi had heard before.

Quill was happy as a clam in one of the archive rooms. Just now his focus rested on the forgotten properties of karrak spice.

A powerful painkiller known for its degenerative toxins, karrak was pushed by spice dealers as a medicine. While karrak suppressed most symptoms, its degenerative toxins would build up after long-term use and cause more harm then good. As it did not actually cure users of their ailments, dealers hoped to continue to sell their products to ailing buyers until their ultimate death.

Aside from its use as a faux-medicine, the Imperial Science Bureau discovered that karrak suppressed a user's ability to use the Force for forty-eight hours. While Imperial scientists attempted to refine or duplicate the properties, the Imperial Security Bureau began developing improved forms of the spice and distributed it to agents tasked with hunting fugitive Force-sensitives.

He also found mention that karrak's toxic nature affected Force-sensitives for twice as long as others.

Points of contrast between karrak and ixetal cilona: karrak lasted longer and wasn't linked to intoxication in the same way. Also, since nobody knew about its Force-suppression ability, nobody had developed coutermeasures.

Came to Peace in: The Blessing of Loste (Dynamic Class Frieghter)

Wearing: Hoodlum's Leathers

Armed with: Lightsaber (Equipped with this crystal)

With: Moya

The Dynamic class freighter streaked down through the strange, newly discovered station in space.

Laertia, in an effort to devise a more effective means of protecting her biot during battle, had begun to research whatever anyone had on the Zeffo, who had been well versed in crafting artificial constructs with The Force, and had been stunned to learn of such an unspoiled location. Naturally, it bore exploring. Plus, it would give her some down time and meeting up with fellow Jedi, which she did rarely. Since she was back in the game, she was preparing to take her involvement much farther.

Laertia had installed her crystal in a simple, black curved hilt model, nothing fancy, and put on her spiky black biker leathers, and as soon as Moya had landed and reconfigured herself to her standard form, they had set out together, beholding the strange world and some of its eco-architecture and stone. Oh yes, Laertia could learn much from this place.

"So sweetie, what's the plan?" Her biot caretaker asked gently as she walked into the makeshift facility still being renovated.

"I wuz tinking ov offerinz wutevuh hellpz I canz wen I havvz duh channce."

"What about our magic acts?" Moya asked.

"Onlee pahrt tyme."

"Oh."

Moya suppressed her misgivings as she asked around for one of those in charge, a man named Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga , Jedi Master aligned with Cedric Grayson, or P Placeholder 0128 as he was now known.

Laertia cared little for politics, had always felt that most Jedi didn't take anywhere near the harsh measures that they needed to to survive the modern enemy, but that didn't mean she fully trusted an empire of Light Adepts, no matter their intentions. But if she could save an individual Jedi's life, she would pinch her nose and take being a few shades removed from The Imperator.

But she definitely didn't trust him.

She eventually came across Wyatt speaking with Niklasz Tassik Niklasz Tassik and suddenly got stage fright, prompting Moya to walk up to Wyatt first.

"Master Jedi, My name is Moya, and I am here representing this woman, Laertia Io. She's a former Jedi Knight, and was hoping to offer her services to this place on a part time basis." Moya explained.

"I offuh muh survyces az a lytesabuh instructuh..." Laertia finally spoke up quietly to him, not making eye contact, battling the stage fright her damaged brain gave her. You could still see evidence of it on her face with her scars, which marred an otherwise natural, if tombstone pale beauty.

She unconsciously flicked some of her black hair down to hide the deep trench in her scalp left by the shrapnel.

"I knowz jusst aboutz all dhere iz tuh knowz about syngul blayded lytesabuh kombat..." she added. "I tinkz I cudd trainz upp yuh peopulz reel wellz annd duh lyke..."

She didn't mention the bit about being a Jedi Shadow, even other Jedi got nervous when that came up. Better they assume she was some overtrained guardian rather than the anti-dark side killing machine she actually was. But they would eventually realize it. Laertia had none of the sensibility of an academy or enclave saber instructor. One look at her would tell you most of her knowledge had been won in the field, against the heretics in blade to blade combat. Her form one in particular scared the hell out of some form two patrons she had come across once, she was that deadly...it takes real talant to duel and slay masters of every other style relying only on Shii-Cho.

"She was retired but with the threat of the Sith, she was hoping to find some way to contribute..." Moya finished.

"I allso, knowz standardz swordzy-swordz stuffz..." she mentioned, fidgeting and trying not to, unused to being around any true main streamers...

The archives here, cluttered and decrepit though they might be, offered an overwhelming variety. Every time Quill turned a page he found something else worth exploring. He started keeping notes. Right now, they concentrated on obscure Force users of a particular era: the Battle of Yavin, give or take a decade.

Blaise Zirkonn. Human female, Naboo noble, Inquisitorius agent, Darksider, spymaster. Skilled at using the Force to manipulate emotions and credibility; able to make people believe patently untrue statements for a short period of time.

Corporate Sector Authority Intrusion Specialists. Expert slicers, some of whom were believed to have Force abilities.

Elaiza, former Jedi Knight. Made her home on Nar Shaddaa, blended in to survive the Jedi Purge. Adopted the persona of a batty but wealthy old woman. Spent significant time on Cloud City. Lightsider, probably.

Gel Marcolf, reeve of Quolas on Arbooine. Largely untrained Darksider, fond of cortosis swords, user of mental influence and a form of battle meditation to breed unity and keep control of the city. Uniquely, he may not even have known he was a Force user.

Sianna Sekko, noblewoman of Empress Teta. Ataru duellist, fond of Krath war droids, answered to a shadowy master. Highly skilled with illusions.

Suljo Warde, fallen Jedi of the Clone Wars era. Hints of a tragic story. Eventually died at an abandoned Sith temple on Moraband/Korriban. Extremely specialized ability to predict others' actions, though they retained free will and destiny could be averted and so forth - or so it's said. Suljo Warde was certainly the strongest on this list of forgotten names. Former friend and possible mentor of Gel Marcolf, in their more virtuous days.

Jerserra, Dathomiri Nightsister trained by an Imperial Inquisitor. Powerful signature ability to invoke and resist fear. Died on Dathomir in the wreck of an industrial ship called the Oteroan Sky, which was being held together by a passive Force-drain effect from a multi-part jewel called the Nardithi Cluster. Note that Jerserra's powers, if replicated, could allow solid resistance against a Phobis Device.

Bicjfph.jpg

Training Dojo

When Cambria stepped through a pair of heavy doors and into the sparring arena of the dojo, the high-ceiling room lit up as if it was expecting her arrival.

Golden orbs perused the training area with a loving gaze, which had numerous lightsabers and exotic weapons mounted on the walls; dusty yet well-preserved they appeared to be. A smile graced the Jedi Master's naturally berry-colored lips. Some were seemingly Jedi relics from days long passed. This was a Guardian's dream come true, well at least in her opinion.

The blue-skinned Twi'lek walked further into the large room boots lightly padding across the flooring with head-tails swishing joyfully side to side to another set of doors at the other end. She opened them and was pleasantly surprised to find several Jedi training droids of various models stored in standby mode.

Things were coming together nicely. Soon another generation of Jedi with some luck and the Force on their side, of course, would be trained in the Jedi art of lightsaber combat. Something, unfortunately, the knowledge and skill of would be needed to some degree of proficiency by all of the Light in the near future if they were to stop the growing darkness threatening to engulf the entire galaxy.

Last edited:
I finally have some context for what I thought I felt out at the galaxy's edge during the Omega crisis. It seems that, in the last days of the Old Republic, some Jedi Council members could sense and track the presence of weapons that threatened entire planets. They did so, for example, while foiling the plans of the rogue Annoo-Dat General Ashaar Khorda. They had to be on the threatened planet, or rather the ability appears to have had planetary rather than interplanetary range.

Superweapons are thankfully rare, but it's comforting to know that the Force can warn of them. 'That's no moon,' indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom