Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There can be only one! (Tund)

Spencer caught her breath as she looked towards Ashin. Everything was alright and it seemed like they made it out of another jam... Though there was no doubt in her mind. After the survivors were shackled, Spencer wandered over to Ashin.

"Learn anything interesting? "

A hand found Spencer's side as she healed the fractures in her ribcage from the force attack earlier. Realizing her mistake, she needed to make sure she her trust that Ashin would survived stayed strong. Any doubt weakened her.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin watched Spencer heal herself with some concern. The mind-controlled or unconscious Sorcerers rose into the air and floated ahead of her, up the long spiral staircase.

"Nice work against the illusion, Spencer. Countering illusion is difficult, especially an entrenched, enchanted illusion. You've truly come far. What do you think I should do with our prisoners?"

Spencer held her side a bit tighter as she focused more of the force into the hand that was glowing. There seemed to have been more damage done to her than she had originally expected. Once she was finished, or was finished to her best abilities she crossed her arms in front of her chest. It seemed she held the fate of the prisoners in her hands. Looking towards the other Sith Master that had joined them, Spencer tilted her head.

"Gain the knowledge they have about this place. I'm sure there are secrets that only they know and no matter how many times we search these lands we won't know as much as they do. Afterwards when they're completely drained of what they know and if they're willing to accept the Sith let them go -- if not let her play with them."

Nodding towards Kiara.

"I mean let's not rule out making them our slaves? I mean slaves are always a good idea ya know." She said this as she walked over to the many now bound sorcerers, she looked down at them dwelling on their pain and thoughts of their oncoming death. "In fact, we have some of our finest illusionist, sorcerers and alchemist in this room. Can we not make them into something more than Sith wanna bes?" She said with almost a sinister tone, as she idly kicked one of the sorcerers to the ground who had spat at her while she gave such a proposition. The heel of her foot threatening to cut of his air completely, however she controlled herself as the Empress wanted them alive for now so she walked off from the sorcerers before she grew more tempted.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
@[member="Kiyala Demont"]

"Both are valid ideas. I prefer the direct acquisition of knowledge, but...one mind at a time." Ashin tapped her temple. "I just consumed one set of memories; I'll take the time to digest.

"Honestly, I'd rather turn them into true Sith. Throw them into intensive training, leave them to our best taskmasters. Make servants of them, and offer them a chance to regain their former glory in the proper way. Of course, there's always the chance that they'll turn against us. What should we do to prevent that? Ideas?"

"I like that idea, turning them into proper Sith keeps them from resorting back to what they were. To prevent them form rising against us, we can holy hope that by offering them their lives and a chance to better themselves they'll see us as no threat. Hopefully the training will force their loyalty..."

Spencer wondered if there could be a way to erase memories or something. Though Spencer thought it was probably something she read in a fantasy book or something.

"How long will it take you to go through the memories? And as for another idea to keep them loyal -- possibly it lies within the memories. We possibly will have to stay on them to ensure the loyalty and as they show progress we ease up."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Keeping them using their memories to find specific control points? Useful. Very useful. Like Torture by Chagrin, but more profound and imaginative.

"Come, let's take a look at it. I'm no mentalism expert, but you controlled the minds of the entire Gand parliament. Let's start with the one you were choking."

@[member="Velok"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Yeah its impressive alright. If even half of this gibberish in this book is correct...these bastards were hiding something special."

Skorn was already strapped in, with the baby in the seat next to him, strapped in nicely in his golden basket. He was poring over the book now. Translating it in earnest and taking notes while he was at it. The Sorcerers had created a vast network of spelllines, weaved into one giant spell after the other. At first they had used the life of the planet itself. And this child had not been the first.

The book held it all, it was more a private journal than a spellbook. But this just happened to be the private journal of the Head Sorcerer in charge of research. They had created hundreds of failures, all dying at an early age. But they had been so close to achieving perfection. It was so simple that it was hilarious. The Sorcerers considered all Sith who inherited the mantle after the pureblooded ones died out to be false Sith. They thought them lesser. Even the few outcasts or degenrates who existed in this Galaxy were lost Souls, too far away from their inheritance to achieve true power. And true power was all they wished for.

So they created this child, as pureblooded a Sith as they could manage. The genes of Adas himself were used to clone him. But he wasnt just a clone they made sure of it. Somehow tapping into the planet itself for energy and later on sacrifice by the hundreds, they fueled their spells and channeled the lost potentials of the greatest Sith Lords of old. The Echoes of their actions which could never be, their lost dreams wandering chaos. They stole them all, funneling them into this child. A child created to be Sith'ari. A child created to fulfill prophecy.

The Chosen One.

The Dark Side of the Force was mother's milk to it. The only reason it hadnt killed everyone around it or possibly on this planet was because it wasnt aware of the concept of death yet. And that was a blessing. He cast one last glance at the baby.

"With your permission, your majesty."

The ship rose up and out of the mountain, out a cave built specifically as an escape tunnel. It was an old Imperial shuttle, a relic really but still flew decent. The coordinates specified were not that far from his location. He landed the ship amidst a field of corpses. The old Tusker stood in the midst of it all the carnage.

And he wasnt even breathing heavy.

The ramp went down and Skorn came down, with the baby in hand. It was asleep.

"Tada."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Skorn Draclau"]

Velok spent the duration of Skorn's flight by enhancing his own memory to read the book at whose pages he had glanced. Skorn's discovery of a pattern inspired Velok's instincts, and portions of the puzzle began to come together.

He didn't quite have time for the full intuitive leap, but as Skorn emerged with the baby, everything fell into place. Velok inhaled sharply.

"Oh, I see. They attacked us for the book as a diversion to get the child to safety. Chosen Ones. Force Gods. Feth, it's been a long time since I knew a Force god -- and when i did, I lied to him. As I do now. Hello there, little one."

The Dark Lord kept his distance. His face had been known to scare small children.

"The Empress is at a castle about half an hour's flight from here. We need to bring this child to her. I'd suggest keeping it secret, but our transmissions -- all transmissions - were monitored by the invasion command structure. It's too late to hide the child. No, this has to go to the Empress."

@[member="Velok"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Yeah I figured that much...I dont mind really...frankly the little monster freaks me out. So much power...."

He smiled, as if sensing the baby's potential...he was sensing it. And it was limitless, the depth of the darkness that could reside within this tiny vessel was infinite. Skorn turned away, to even sense such a vast thing for too long was a risk.

"The Empress is welcome to it. Come on, lets hop to it."

He began heading back to the ship. He peeked under the baby's blanket for the first time, and turned to Velok with a half grin.

"So, what do we name her?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"Name? Her? Fascinating..." The Whiphid settled into Skorn's starship, pondering with his claws resting against his lips. "I suppose we could treat this like the giving of a true Darth name, by inspiration of the Dark Side. Fortunately, I can draw passwords from the aether by instinct. Finding a name for this one...

"I had a red-skinned Apprentice once, almost a daughter to me. Her Darth name was especially appropriate for this child. Consecrai."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Consecrai"

He repeated the name and the child cooed in response. It seemed she liked it.

"I was thinking more along the lines of....Pooky."

The child giggled, burped and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Yeah Pooky is a good name."

Once inside the ship they strapped in and blasted off making for the Empress's location. She was surrounded by other Sith as expected. He found a landing pad in the Temple compound and set the craft down. By now the Empress's entourage would have sensed the baby if not the Draclau and Velok approaching. The landing ramp came down and the two Sith emerged from within, a sleeping baby in hand.

At the sight of the baby, the captured Sorcerers and their henchmen immediately prostrated themselves on the floor. Turned out the baby was also an important religious figure to the old fools.

Even better.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ashin turned her attention from the prostrate and mostly incapacitated prisoners to the object of their adoration.

A baby.

For a long moment, deep within her heart of hearts, she panicked. I can't kill a baby...

But as the fundamentals of the situation became clear to her, all manner of possibilities opened up. She stepped forward and took the baby.

"The Chosen One," murmured one prisoner, and Ashin held the baby close.

"Explain this, Skorn."

Skorn lifted the blanked from her face revealing to Ashin the red skin, the golden eyes for the child was awake now.

"My Empress, I present to you Lady Conscecrai...the fruit of generations of Tundese research. The Sorcerers it would seem have been very busy indeed. They have spells, all over the countryside. Massive wide area spells reaching miles across. And all of them channeled into this one mountain. This one point of focus.

This one child.

It would seem the Sorcerers of Tund did not have patience for prophecies. So they created their own Sith'ari."

He shrugged.

"The chosen one, your majesty."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ashin looked up at Skorn as they stood close, holding the baby together. She stepped away, the baby held close to her chest. Eighteen kinds of emotion rolled through her, closely shielded from those around her.

"Consecrai, you say." She glanced at Velok; she'd known the original Consecrai. "Fascinating. If these spells are what you say...what you both say...well, who am I to second-guess Velok and the heir of Draclau."

The baby squirmed in her arms, and at the touch of its mind she found all manner of power at her disposal. Inspiration. Precognition. Potential futures, heavy on the child's emotion, rolled through her mind.

"Tund is ours," she said absently. "Process this entire castle. Take everything."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
At the Empress's command, Velok nodded and tore his gaze away from the child. "As you wish. Catalogue the secrets of the Sorcerers of Tund? Castles and subterranean temples? I shall, most certainly, examine and catalogue everything."

He took a moment to ponder the prisoners. Shaking his head, he entered the battle-scarred castle.

That sealed the fate of the planet. The child in the hands of the Empress was the last blow. Any sorcerers harboring secret thoughts a rebellion, revolution would lose hope. What hope was there after all? Their last hope had been the Chosen One. And the Chosen One was now in the hands of the sole object of their oppression.

It was over. Tund was going to be assimilated. Of course when it came to planets being assimilated. Someone had to step up and take charge. He pulled out the journal from within his cloak and furnished it to one of the Empress's hands. The journal possessed all the evidence they would need to establish the legitimacy of the child. Thus presented the Empress would hopefully be open to entertain the Draclau heir's fancies.

"This journal led me to the mountain, I did not have too much time to translate it in the battle. Its an old...twisted dialect. Lost to many of our scholars. But my father always insisted in knowing all dialects of the Sith tongue. So I know it ...what little I have read in it has surprised me. The Sorcerers might be primitive in technology but their spell craft is definitely ahead of our own. The intricate way in which they layered their spells one on top of the other. Well, I have yet to see any one on Dromund Kaas even attempt the same.

I think we should have one of our Sith learned in these ancient arts keeping a close eye on this world. There are bound to be may more secrets these crafty old coots have hid all over the planet. Perhaps a more scholarly minded governor for Tund would better serve the Empire than a militaristic one. Someone well versed in the sorcerer's way."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"Someone like, say, you? You're not currently governing a world, are you. Yes, that would be appropriate. Tund's governorship belongs to you now, heir of Draclau."

Skorn bowed and stepped back. He cast a hard glance on the grovelling sorcerers. Yes, someone of scholarly mind who was well versed in the many arts of making men talk.

This would be most interesting indeed. The sun slowly set on a Sith world, that had been independent when it had risen.

All in a day's work.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
And Ashin cradled the baby, the Chosen One.

For a moment, 'The Circle of Life' played in her head as she held the baby up above her, and all the Sorcerers of Tund bowed to the child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom