Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There can be only one! (Tund)

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
Letting out a sigh Sasha ordered her droids in the direction of the cave. "This way is quicker I think," she said as the droids marched toward the cave system. Traps, local defenses, all would be revealed by the soulless automatons.

As they aproached the first auto blaster fired upon them. "I hope you're taking notes," Sasha said to Rhace as another droid was fell by a laser. "I'll assault the position with you and your troopers next." The droids returned fire on several installations which in turn spat bolts of red light back at them. Small fires where the droids wiring was lit on fire marked the kill zones of the various automated weapons systems. "Not a lot of droids left."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
vgz.gif

With great irritation, Velok fell in alongside Rhace's troopers and Sasha's droids. Quick arcs of lightning knocked autoblasters from their perches and detonated mines. Further voltage snapped into the earth, systematically rooting out the rest of the mines.

Mines. Wonderful way to kill Forcers. Classic.

Rhace Tarrin

R
Well, they were droids, he supposed. Machines. Useless things except for setting off traps, and then... well. Rhace didn't mind sacrificing them all. Really, he was sort of our of his league, here. He didn't have Force powers like they did, but none of them could dual-wield a blaster pistol and a lightsaber quite the same, either. Deflecting bolts and moving through the cave, Rhace led the assault first, letting his troops fall in right behind him. Most moved slowly to avoid mines... and lightning. They didn't like that much.

Coming towards the end of the cave system, Rhace knew that if they kept going... well, something was wrong. "Something's wrong here," Rhace said. Herp derp derp. "I got a bad feeling."

Which was right, because an armed squad of local militia controlled by the Sorcerers showed up right then and started shooting. They'd walked headfirst into a trap, baited by old dudes who fished for wily Sith.

Spencer followed along and let everyone take out the traps. She held up her data pad taking the time to catch up on her favorite holoweb comic. Pausing she looked at Rhace and nodded. She had the bad feeling as well.

"Well this is lovely..."

Shoving the data pad into her tunic she shot a static bolt towards the militia, the lightning struck one of them. It caused Spencer to smile and reach towards her saber.

Traveling with this collection of Sith and trooper was Kirk, a Moff for the Empire. No need to pay special attention to his safety, he said. No need to ask for orders from him, he said. No need to even talk to him, he said.

Throughout the journey through Tund, Kirk seemed to be a shadow to the group. When fighting began, he disappeared. Silence would be his response to everything the Sith and Rhace uttered. Without any rank insignia on his light armor, it was as if he was a nobody that dislike associating with the crowd gathered for the operation.

Fortunately for Kirk's sanity, much of the conversation the company surrounding him provided was quite entertaining. It was as if he watched a space soap opera on the set itself. The slaying of the rancor seemed to be the highlight of the show, though. Plus, it allowed Kirk to learn a few more things about Rhace's abilities.

When the group entered the cave, Kirk characteristically stuck to the back. As the fighting began, he took cover behind a boulder- which seemed to have fallen from the ceiling. He peaked out to check out the scene only to duck back whenever a blaster bolt zinged by his head a tad too close.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Rhace Tarrin, you are a prophet."

Militia blasterfire filled the narrow confines of the battlefield, and Velok bulled forward to take point. His lightsabre batted aside incoming fire with minute adjustments. A volume of fire this great meant that some bolts were guaranteed to make it past, but he absorbed the energy from them with each painful strike.

That particular energy rebounded on the militiamen, driving them back with a wave of blistering heat controlled and amplified by Velok. The Dark Master continued to draw fire for Rhace's troopers and Sasha's droids, but he couldn't last for long.

His lightsaber sang its bloody hum, deflecting blaster bolts as the group dropped in numbers. They were facing heavy fire from all sides, but they were holding. Another dominion in the name of the Empress. Another world to conquer. This one infested by those who allegedly followed the true way of the Sith. More meat for the grinder. Right now however, they seemed to have the invaders at the disadvantage.

Skorn noticed the senior whippid Sith take point and soak up those blaster bolts he figured he would give the old one a hand. He moved next to him and deflected away a few bolts that were aimed for his head. Two Sith held a better chance than one.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Velok spared a moment to glance at Skorn. Unnaturally pale for a humanoid -- Firrerreo, perhaps, or albino. For some reason, the long white hair reminded him of Malice Draclau, a man he had avoided sanctimoniously.

Even Velok, hunter of Sith, had never dared to take out Malice.

But the unified front held firm, and he advanced, step by step, driving the militiamen back through the narrow passage.

Deflecting blaster bolts however gets old really fast. As the Sith advanced, Skorn advanced with him. Guarding his back. Catching a glimpse of the militia flooding out of a passageway he headed in. The militia were trying to surround them. He took in a deep breath, eyes closing momentarily as he drew upon power. In the next second a wave of force struck the soldiers directed from his outstretched hand, throwing back four or five of the militia.

Of course it made sense to end their misery once they were down. Which he promptly did. But more scurried out and he withdrew the passage's exit. Blaster bolts assailed him once more, but these he deflected to the passageway's ceiling Initially nothing happened, but after a few minutes of a constant barrage of blaster bolts the ceiling gave way. Skorn made it out just as the passageway sealed shut behind him. That helped with the numbers a bit.

Hopefully enough to break through the ambush.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A storm of red lightning flickered through the passages as Velok advanced. Between himself and Skorn, the militiamen died rather horribly.

They punched through into a cave without a ceiling, or a large cavity, the kind of place where gigantic missile launchers could drop warheads on recalcitrant settlements or incoming vessels from under cover of high rock walls. Silence fell as the strike team entered the wide sinkhole.

Velok examined the missiles, then squinted at Sasha. "Sienar. Probably secondhand, of course..."

Sasha Santhe

Sasha quirked an eyebrow and looked at the Whiphid. It was indeed a battery designed by her company, so many things in the galaxy were. "Why second hand?" she asked examining the launcher. It was in good shape, looking as if it had just come off the factory line. She rubbed a hand along the seems. No it was probably bought directly from her company, there was no signs of alteration or or third party packaging. "If they paid cash we'd sell to them. Why not?" She shrugged, "I'm trying to run a bussiness afterall, and until recently this planet wasn't listed as an enemy of the Sith."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"A little foresight might not have been too much to ask. 'The Sith Empire: We're Growing Your Way.' It's been the bumper sticker on every Emperor's command ship since..."

He squatted near the control panel, lost in thought.

"Now, there are only a handful of viable targets for these, or I would use them now. The Sorcerers seem to have all manner of local help, and in this hill country...well, this war could take years, and I'd rather it took days."

Sasha Santhe

Sasha let out a sigh. There was no winning with Velok."I seem to recall a story about a Whiphid wearing a fine suit.." Sasha turned and stared at Velok, "People in glass houses shouldn’t' throw stones, he said." She walked over to the controls and started to examine them. “They networked the batteries,” she said focusing with the force. She could break the encryption the normal way of course, but this was quicker. She used her innate control of machinery to open the system to her. “I thank you for your lessons Master Velok,” she said sincerely. Her superior smirk beamed at the Whiphid. “the battery locations from around the planet. I believe I can target most of them from here.” She pressed a button. The missile battery started to moan as it prepared to fire. “Stand back.” Sasha said diving for cover, she didn’t want to be caught in the blast as the missiles fired off….

The open space allowed a breather. Skorn was sweating, his skills with the lightsaber seemed to have gotten rusty. Too long buried in books and tomes of forbidden knowledge. Too long spent in alchemical labs poring over scrolls of sorcery. He took a moment to get his breath. And as they began preparing to fire the missiles the Draclau chose to speak.

"I was led to believe these Sorcerers though degenerate rabble still possessed some artifacts of note and power. I do hope those missiles wont turn everything to dust....well I dont know about you but I would love to have a look at what they have been hoarding all these years.

To claim for the Empress of course."

He grinned and bowed then. First to Velok, then to the others.

"Skorn Draclau, at your service. I realized I never made the introductions."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"As usual, child, I have no idea what you're talking about. Koensayr certainly doesn't sell to potential prey -- well, not unless there's more at stake. And considering there's still a reckoning due between us, I'd think you would be a little more careful to avoid antagonizing me."

He stepped back from the missile emplacements, shaggy eyebrows raised, as the backblast torched a huge stone slab, placed there for that purpose. The missiles launched with an almighty noise.

"Displays like that grant you extra days of life. Well done."

Comm chatter percolated through his link, and he listened, aghast. Militiamen and sorcerers were converging on these very hills, taking out scouts and stragglers. A veritable army of locals and Forcers.

Velok blinked at Skorn's words, then pulled out the thick diary he had taken from the old Sorcerer. He looked at every page, not fast enough to read them, then gave the book to Skorn. "It's a spellbook," he said. "Perhaps the spellbook. They're coming for us, we're already trapped in here, and this is what they're after. Enjoy." Already he was enhancing his own short-term memory, reviewing the pages, reading things at which he had only glanced.

@Velok @Sasha Santhe @[member="Rytek'irk'intrano"]

"Ah...poodoo."

As soon as Velok handed the book to Skorn he felt as if the world suddenly got its eyes on him. A tingling sensation at the back of his neck, the eerie feeling that he was being watched.

"Well I suppose I should be running then? Is that the plan?"

He flipped it open and began going through the opening pages. It was an archaic and bastardized version of the old Sith language. A runic system of language charmingly called the Sorcerer's Tongue. He could read it. Some of it. And what he saw was of grave interest.

"Wow this does look interesting. But they would need a power source.....something to fuel these wide area spells....something with a lot of energy to spare."

He felt the approach of danger. Calmly he slipped the book inside his robes and readied his lightsaber. His left hand froze into a claw and he drew on the darkness that was around them. A rock rose up and slowly started spinning over his clawed hand. Spinning faster and faster with each passing second.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Meanwhile, in orbit, the small ship Peregrine looked down on the situation. Intelligence reports and military communications streamed in. Ashin sat in the vessel's control throne, pondering the issue.

Local militia and Sorcerers of Tund were converging on the main Sith position. No fun. And Spencer was down there.

Ashin steered the vessel straight for the planet's surface, pulled up at the last moment, and skimmed along, homing in on Spencer's blood trail. Eventually the Peregrine decloaked near Spencer's position.

Spencer raised an eyebrow as she felt someone quite familiar close by. Taking her leave from the group she moved towards the Peregrine. A smirk formed on her lips, there was only one person who would be flying the ship.

Waiting for it to get low enough and for the hatch to open up, the small girl gathered the force around her. Timing it right, she force leapt into the opening on the ship. Pressing a small button she closed the hatch behind her and made her way to the bridge where that familiar feeling was.

"You know, you have a knack at swooping in at the right time. "

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"You mean, while every Sorcerer of Tund attempts to converge on this position and crush it? Alongside unspecified numbers of local militia?" Ashin re-engaged the cloaking device without regard for the Sith located below, in the fortified position.

A pretty decent indication of how much she truly cared for people like Velok, Sasha, Skorn and their ilk.

"While this battle gets interesting, I say that you and I head for a place where Sorcerers are, perhaps, a little thinner on the ground. I've commed @[member="Jacen Cavill"] and some others to meet us there."

"I'll have to thank you later when this is over then. It is kind of cute how protective you are."

Teasing Ashin was something took a little joy in. Spencer stood behind the pilot's chair as she watched they didn't pick anyone else up. She didn't worry too much, they had Velok who seemed to have a knack of surviving.

"So who's this Jacen guy? "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom