Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Dominion Ever (Fringe Dominion of Lipsec)

Xephirus Cloud

The Echo of Destruction
Xephir emerged through the door, a confused look upon his face. He was here to see a man that had tried helping him figure the secrets of his past... [member="Anders Sivas"] but all he saw was a heartbreaking scene. A young woman crying, obviously distraught over the potential loss of her friend. He looked up at the place where Anders was supposed to be, a woman... who looked familiar and yet... he knew he had never met her in his life before.

He looked at the red-head, completely distraught.... rejecting the reality before her. He had been in her position before. Love could be a horrible thing. He started back for the door, obviously in the wrong room... but something in his cold heart brought him back. He lay his hand on the red-haired woman's shoulder and knelt down to be on her level. He looked deep into her eyes, red from crying and he told her, "No matter what happens... you will get through this..." It was the most warmth he had offered a person in a long, long time.

He could see a strength in her that only needed to be unlocked. He looked to the person floating in the bacta tank, to inspire such loyalty....
...perhaps love wasn't such a terrible thing....

[member="Marselia Urstalis"]​

From the mire I feel them, two more personalities my mind and spirit have become infinitely aware. [member="Marselia Urstalis"] is grieving and shocked, and who could come rescue her for the moment but [member="Xephirus"] my new and morose Military Advisor. It comes to me as I float in the bacta that my greatest achievements have been few, but their impact has many ripples in the sea of this place and this dimension. More than not, I feel the grief compounding, I hear the chatter of my compatriots through the muck but more it's like drifting through an ocean. The sheer temptation to follow my giggling, lullaby singing son to the life hereafter is still clinging down on me. I embrace it, a mother in want of motherhood, but devoid of the ability to keep it.

If only Jared were here. Alas, he'd be in bacta too, or in surgery more like. Sepsis was a horrible way to die. Still, if I'm going to live I'd better do it right. Lia is grieving and all she's got is Xephirus and his coaxing hand. My inner mental voice projects out to both of them, I continue to tap my fingers onto my thumb one at a time in sequence.

'Hold on, Lia. It's going to be okay. You did good. Trust Xephirus, he's a companion of mine and he'll take care of you. Sorry you had to find out this way, Xeph. . . Jared's alright isn't he? Jared Ovmar? Alive, at least. . . why do you still need me? What am I good for? Could use a pep talk right ab-' my mental voice cuts it as the pacemaker jolts my heart again. I shake in the bacta, quivering in a convulsion. My eyes dim.

@[member='Lord Dissero']

Hannibal paused in his rinse cycle to survey the crimson mess that splattered the dining area before responding to Dissero. "No kidding?"

"Newsflash, Copernicus. The whole damn room is a spot, and it ain't getting any smaller with you standing there and yakking about it."

He removed the now relatively cleansed mop from the bucket and smacked it into the ground a second time, resuming his previous practice of desperate, annoyed scrubbing. Hannibal briefly pondered the existence of a space magic spell that could get blood stains out of a carpet. One that handled wine would be great as well, but he suspected that was reserved for only the most powerful of masters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom