Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Winter Games of Illyria

one_night_by_ryky_d9m65c1-pre.jpg
Snow fell from the skies in a light flurry, the crystal snowflakes dancing upon the landscape and coating the area in a beauty of shimmering white.

It was early morning, so early that the true rays of light had not even yet showed themselves to the rolling hills and plains lands. Outside of Cheshire City, one of the largest cities on the planet of Illyria, there were thousands of labourers, traders, and sports officials for the planetary network. They had all gathered for a single event that was intended to usher in the planet's Winter months with glorious games and celebration. Even before the subjugation of Illyria under the Royal House of Malvern, the Illyrian Winter Games were a single point of pride and peace on the planet. Hundreds of events were broadcast over a span of weeks, taking place in over a dozen different prominent cities where any man or woman could compete for the hope of earning wealth and honor.

However, this year the games were different. They had been properly broadcasted for the last two weeks and the winner's of the competitions had been promptly selected and honored, yet this year there was a second phase to these games, one that directly involved the many Nobles of Illyria.

The King had taken a certain interest in the games of the commoners. He enjoyed the competition and exertion and would see it's rival among his own nobles. So on the first official day of Winter a grand stage had been set outside the territories of Cheshire City. A massive artificial terrace had been created, with a singular sports field surrounded by a refined track for distance runners. Hundreds of thousands of seats lined the terrace for the commoners. Hovering in the center of the field was a single hovercraft, holding the most prominent nobility who had submitted their own champions to the second phase of the Winter Games. In the viewing area, drinks and food were being prepared as the first guests were beginning to arrive and partake in the libations that had been provided.

Many of the Nobles were saying their last words to their champions before they were released to the field for the beginning of the games. Although the Winter Games of old had been home to several sporting fields, the current games were home to only four events. The one mile run, javelin toss, focused deadlift, and the wall climb. Since members of the second phase had all placed in the first phase of the games, they were all familiar with these categories and notably excelled at it.

As the darkness of night slipped away and the many nobles filled the viewing area, it seemed there was little time before the games began.

650.png

WINTER GAMES
Appearance: XOXO | Hair

A gentle smile curved her lips as she stood before the champion for House Valencia, Anya Fleya. Vibrant blue eyes watched the other woman for a moment as she felt the cold flakes settle upon bare skin but paid it no mind. While she would have normally had her wings out, today they were put away and instead of saying a word, she simply observed the muscles that bunched up within her champion, before they slowly began to relax with each quieting breath. Fleur had not been one to usually offer words of advice or encouragement and so she struggled for a moment. Finally, after she drew in a simple breath herself, she exhaled and laced her hands behind her back. ”I do not expect you to win. What I do expect is that you will try your hardest, no matter what and that is all that I can say. What I can offer as incentive is; perhaps a fat purse at the end; if you so win. However. First you must win.”

With that, she nodded her head and turned to walk away from the champion. Was she ashamed of simply offering credits as a pay off for representing House Valencia? That she couldn’t offer them words of encouragement? No. A fat purse as a big incentive tended to be a great motivator for all. If you wanted something done quickly and efficiently? Offer more credits. If you wanted someone to disappear? Offer credits. If you wanted someone to win, offer them a big fat paycheck at the end, because everyone was greedy and wanted that big pay day at the end. Credits was a great motivator and she had seen her champion steal herself while her eyes hardened with determination. Credits couldn’t buy happiness, but those who lacked wealth, didn’t know that. For that was why they worked hard, to provide for their families.

Silver heels carried her along the pathway towards the viewing area while her hands unclasped and simply fell to her sides. Her pale body was dressed by a blue and silver dress and although it was light upon her frame, it also helped that it had a rather large slit up the side to show quite a fair bit of leg. The woman’s hair was piled up upon her head in a low bun while a silver headband adorned her head. Blue and silver. The colors of her House. A House that was not hers by true birth and although she had come to realise such a fact, it wasn’t going to be something that she would allow to weigh heavily upon her mind. No. Such worries were far from it and while she wasn’t a Valencia by birth, she was in name. Besides, Elias had already named her heir and made her Head of the House. There wasn’t much he could do now apart from pry the title from her cold, dead hands.

Which she wouldn’t put it past him. Yet, it was another fact that she wouldn’t dwell upon, for it wasn’t a fact that she needed to focus upon. What she needed to focus upon. Was smiling softly and nodding her head from time to time at those that past her by.

By the time that she finally arrived at the viewing area, the darkened night was giving away to the bright rays of the sun which coloured the skies in many yellows, peaches and reds. However such colors bled out into the blue and the transitioning of the colors was gorgeous to the eye and yet the Diathim, also half Sanguinius Vampirika, could never always fully enjoy the true majestic beauty, nor enjoy the warmth of the sun’s rays. She could only hope that they would weaken and that the clouds full of snow, would eventually cloud the skies, so then even she could enjoy the days in peace.

crystal.png

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜱʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ

Wearing: XxX.
Tagging: Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia

The early hours of the morning were among her favorite ones. There was an ominous calmness about the moment when the darkness turned into light as the Illyrian sun finally began its climb over the horizon. Everything was indicating that the weather would be agreeable to the purposes of the day, although there was very little that could stop the Winter Games. People were excited and moods were soaring in the sky, although the cold young Lady of House Astier seemed to be a bit unaffected by the heightened emotions.

The games were entertaining, that much she would agree with, but given the decision of the King to elevate the stakes and involve the nobility directly, Fauvel viewed today as an opportunity to either improve her house's popularity, watch it remain the same or - should the Dark Crone decide to grace her with misfortune - see it diminished and ridiculed. Of course, among nobles it was all for good sport and a loss meant nothing but a gentle smile and wish for better luck the coming year...but the people were more prone to judgement and shame. She would rather not hear the name of her House slandered more than it already was, specially for such a banal cause.

Luckily for her, Gaius Moreau had agreed to represent the noble House of Astier. Born and raised in Regne de Sang, the man was an accomplished athlete who had participated in the games before with great results, and his name was already known to the commoners. He was a tall and well-built man of lean muscle, a physique cultivated by making conditioning and dedication to his profession his one and only concern. A bit full of himself, in the eyes of the Magnate, but she did not care so long as his self-praise was justified with results.

"You have always represented our honorable province well, Gaius. I expect today to be no different and look forward to seeing you awarded for your efforts. The people are expectant, Gaius, let them see the greatness of Blood Reign's lion." Sweetened words to strike an ego, using his long-time nickname bestowed upon him by his fanatics. The man was prideful and focused, his resolution to win was out of loyalty and respect primarily for himself, that suited Fauvel's purposes today. The man's eyes flared with determination, and then he vowed towards his liege.

"It is my honor to compete in representation of your House and my birth province, m'lady." He claimed, to which the Young Lady offered a smile and wished him luck. After he took his leave to prepare for the soon to begin games, her tourmaline eyes explored her surroundings.

A noble in particular called her attention. Lady Fleur of House Valencia, Count of L'eau du Roi. Fauvel would have considered approaching, but given the fact that she was higher in station, doing so could have been considered improper. Instead, the pale lady herself to bow her head in acknowledgement when her eyes met the Count's.

VSulUUV.gif

Wearing: Formal Eye Mask, Ceremonial Dress, Knight Saberstaff
Mental State: Silent.
Tags: | Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia | Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier |

Thud.

Thud Thud Thud.

Thud Thud, Exhale, Thud Thud.

Thud Thud Thud, Exhale, Thud Thud.

The sounds of heavy fists hitting the weighted bag in the center of the room reverberated off the padded walls. At the center, a burly man, hands wrapped lightly in wrappings to protect them from busing, continued his final warm-ups for the tournament that was soon to begin. Circling around him, an equally large man ran him through his final coaching with a gruff voice. “Right, left, right. Left, left, right. Left, right, left.” With each word, another punch landed hard against the bag, satisfyingly landing to the coach’s content. These were the final moments. The combinations were not long, the punches not fully thrown, but enough to make sure that the fighter was ready for the trials to come.

At the far end of the room, the final figure of the trio sat, cross legged, silently watching the pair run through their warm-ups. A light smile graced the edges of her lips, enjoying the show being put on in front of her. It had been weeks of training to make it to this point, and weeks more of vetting the perspective fighters for the perfect choice. There were plenty of good prospects, but most were too burly and strong for their own good. Their reactions were dulled by years of alcohol after the days in the mine. But this man was different. He was younger, having just been accepted into the mining guild a year prior, he wasn’t as built as most of the other workers. But what he lacked in size, the man made up for in speed and reaction. Alistev Gresheul, the perfect choice to represent her providence in these games.

“Lady Yakieer,” The coach’s voice, Zax Krieson, the former imperial sergeant charged with teaching Xobos the proper ways of the Illyrian aristocracy, called out as Alistev made his way over to where the water was stored. “I believe we are ready.” With a hum of acknowledgment, the Miraluka gave a nod in response. She pushed herself to her feet, giving a quick glance to the clock on the wall, releasing a sigh of agreement once the time was realized. “Aye, I do believe we are. Not that we have any more time to prepare regardless.”

Fresh from revitalizing himself with clean water, Alistev made his way back over to the imperial and miraluka, giving the Sieur a bow of his head in respect. Xobos gave him the slightest of smiles, one born of appreciation and confidence. “Alistev, we’ve put you through quite a lot the last few weeks. I want you to know that I appreciate how you handled yourself throughout. I know that no matter what today, you will handle yourself with dignity. Do this, and regardless of how you fare in today’s competition, Garde Noire will never forget your name.” The sith apprentice wasn’t one for rousing speeches, but at least sentiment seemed to be conveyed. Her words were met with a slight smile of his own, followed by another bow of the head. “I know, mi’lady. My preparations to enter the arena should begin soon. I pray to the gods that my performance pleases you.” Alistev then turned, heading for the dressing room attached to the combat training room.

A light chuckling could be heard to side, prompting Xobos to turn to look up at the former imperial. Zax was, in turn, looking down at the Miraluka, obviously attempting to hold back a small bit of laughter. “Not often you allow others to fight your battles. I figured you would’ve sent him way by now and entered yourself.” Xobos shrugged, turning to head out of the training room. Motioning for Zax to follow, the man returned to her side, face also returning to it’s more typical stoic look.

“I might’ve had master not forbid it. Now c’mon, it’s time for us to get to the observation deck. Only thing for us to do now is hope that Alistev’s training pays off.”

nkgTHSx.png

Raphael Boucher

R
450.png

WINTER GAMES

"It is my honor to represent House Boucher, my lord." Marianne spoke out while Raphael stood beside her, holding a flute of clear golden wine. The Viscount looked to the woman with a searching expression before chuckling softly at her words. "I am sure you will perform wonderfully. There is a prize for the first, second, and third place contestant. Place well and I will see to it that you enjoy a very splendid Winter under the warmth of House Boucher." He said with an all too tempting smile. The crimson haired woman smiled, bowing her head before moving into a series of stretches. "For House Boucher." She said splendidly before Raphael nodded at her in agreeance.

While Raphael enjoyed events such as these, he saw no reason to keep his athlete busy with idle chatter, her mind was best focused on the task at hand. "Once you are ready, see yourself to the preparation area, the festivities should begin soon." He told her. The woman nodded while Raphael sipped his wine pleasantly before turning towards the main viewing area.

It was almost immediate that his eyes caught two notable individuals. The first, his own daughter. Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia was a vision as always. A beautifully splendid woman who caused Raphael to smile every time he saw her. Perhaps it was the knowledge that the woman was his own flesh and blood? It warmed him in a way that had not existed for many years before. The second woman was Mangnate Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier of Blood Reign. Now there was a House with an interesting history. When the King took to subjugating Illyria, most Houses welcomed his reforms with open arms, for it meant the end of hundreds of years of hellish war. House Astier was not among them, in fact the House had been so bold as to attempt a coup to strike out against their liege lords. The result? The House had been promptly cut down to size and the foundation for the Corp of Adjudicators, a secret Police organization tasked with the inquiry and destruction of disloyal Aristocrats.

Raphael approached his daughter, speaking proudly. "My Lady Valencia. I am afraid you have wasted your time if you wish to contend against my champion. She is Iron and Silk and will not be easily bested by anyone but your best, I hope you selected well." There was seldom little harm between a bit of boasting, especially when Raphael enjoyed being the prominent winner in many occasions. His eyes turned towards Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier and he beckoned the Magnate over. "Lady Astier? Come, join us!" He called out, before turning to a nearby servant, having two more flutes of golden wine prepared for the two women. "Magnate Astier of Regne de Sang. You may not know of this however I was an associate of your father's before his execution. Allow me to introduce you to Viscount Fleur Valencia of Leau Du Roi. A close associate of mine."

blackw.png

BX-Strip.png

W I N T E R . G A M E S

Appearance: Leather Jacket & Hood
Naturally, they scheduled the amusement of Kings just after dawn. Seren would yet attend, however, as the Vampirika was already well accustomed to moving about during the day. A tiring affair, but a matter that she had overcome before staking her claim on the world's stage. Why else would a woman of her years sudden decide to become involved in the affairs of daywalkers? Not that he means of weathering the brutality of the sun was foolproof by any means, but her invention did well to coat her flesh in a concoction Seren herself had devised.​
As much trust she placed in the shield against the sun, however, Seren also donned pants, bust, and jacket of animal flesh to act as the first line of defense for most of her body. Her face would bear the brunt; yet even then a wide-brim hat would at least reduce the strength of the day's rebuke.​
More troublesome than the sun was this affair. It had taken quite a bit of time and effort to ensure her champion had been trained to meet the rigors they would see on the field. Such things could have been better spent improving her factories and acquiring additional orders to bolster their clientele. A little 'friendly' rivalry might do well to mingle with the other nobles though; so Seren kept her laments private.​
The woman in black strode through the corridor lit by the growing light of day. She stopped beside the champion, hear dearest Jhaila Kovin. One hand lifted to craddle the woman's cheek in her palm to bid her turn to look into Seren's glowing eyes. "You represent Point de Titan. You represent me. Most importantly, you represent yourself. Do not measure yourself against the other noble's bred champions. I have faith and love for those that give their all." The Vampirika's words were soft and warm as they gazed into one another's eyes.​
As her fingertips drew down along her champion's jawline, and lifted from her chin, Seren could see the bloom of vigor in Jhaila's eyes. Endurance was something the townsfolk had in spades. Strength was not hard to find. Speed had required work. Seren had given a small part of herself to the mix as well to bolster the woman's abilities. It seemed only proper her champion should not be untouched by the Vampirika that watched over them all.​
"I will be here when you return." Whether the woman won or lost, Seren did not abandon her own.​
After Jhaila gathered herself mentally from the contact, straightened up, and gave her Lady a nod of acknowledgement she moved toward the field to join the rest. Seren watched for a moment with a smile before she turned to drift back the way she'd come. It was time to ascend to the observation area where nobles and refreshments alike gathered. Shame she couldn't indulge herself in a hotter brew than most would tolerate bearing witness.​
Seren stepped into the area and took stock of those she could see and smell. Slowly she strode forth to gaze out over the field before the ceremony began. Her head turned slightly to regard the small cluster about Viscount Boucher as she moved.​

JzumJOM.png

Danielle Mueller

D
City: Cheshire, Illyria
Present Company: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern
Tags: Seren Maeve Seren Maeve , Raphael Boucher, Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier , Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer , Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia

The young Danielle Mueller had arrived alongside Adron Malvern Adron Malvern , no longer formally known as the Exarch there on Illyria but as King, from what she had understood. From the position of power in the seated government of the Confederacy, to being a direct member, not to mention the head of a Monarchy presiding over an entire planet and nation of people in and of itself; From Danielle's perspective it made her feel so much incredibly smaller and insignificant as a mere civilian and employed assistant to the man.

Illyria was as foreign to her, as the rest of the Galaxy beyond Confederate Space. Dani's experience was minimal at best when considering the vast millions of locations and peoples she had yet to meet and explore, and here where her superior called home was just another example of how much she didn't know. Although there was at the least, one other person not so far from them that she recognized. Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer had been present with them on Tatooine and for much of the journey to Illyria from Naboo where she and Adron had originally met. It had initially been encouraging to see another female serving alongside her, yet the woman's demeanor had felt somewhat closed off...-Or perhaps that was more accurately a reflection and feeling that Dee's own anxiety led her to believe.

Silent, and observing of those closest to the small group, Danielle moved alongside the Exarch at his behest and stopped where he felt the need for pause. She wasn't feeling particularly talkative this day, and the relationship that was still forming between herself and Adron was a rather formal one, and very much strained at that due to her employers 'manner of teaching' upon the previous world. She was quickly learning that this job wasn't quite as just and fair as the values reflected by Confederacy of Independent Systems, that she would not likely be receiving of kindness nor shown the consideration and fair treatment that they fought to uphold within their borders.

In fact, this was starting to feel far less like a job at all and...-She couldn't quite put a name to what she'd describe her place to be under Adron's guidance. While Military life had been strict, serving under the Exarch was proving to be much more demanding and she was quickly getting the sense that Adron could be quite cruel had he the mere desire.

illyrian300.png

UNITY

A single hand fell over the shoulder of Danielle Mueller . Ever since the Exarch had taken the woman as his apprentice he had worked to keep her close, in some ways for her benefit and in most ways for his.

He ushered the young woman away from the other. This day the King wore a black and gold suit set underneath a cloak of white and gold. The regal colors shined so brightly one may have believed them to be metal set in its purest form. The cool wind that brushed against the King's cheek caused his lip to curl into a smile as he led Danielle towards a balcony attached to the edge of their viewing area. "Have you ever seen it's like?" He asked aloud, turning his eyes towards the horizon. The sun was finally coming over the mountains in the far distance, bathing the greenest of Illyrian grass in its warm embrace.

As the shadows fled and light took over the lands, the King looked down to the massive stadium below. Thousands and thousands of spectators filled these stands to where one would wonder if a single soul remained within Cheshire. Adron brushed a single raven lock from his eyes, smoothing it back against the curve of his head. "When I first came to this world I saw it for what it could be, not just what it was." He said, his pride never wavering as he considered the insurmountable changes that had taken place on a world once bathed in war. "It was important for you to come here so that you could understand something, something very important about those with power." He held his hand out to the horizon running his finger along the mountain range, down over the forests, and into the open valley they now sat above.

"The mountains, the trees, the grass that grows in the plains. Every piece of this world has become a part of my vision, a part of the path that I have chosen. Those with power have an incredible ability to shape and mold that which is around them. It will be up to you to decide whether you leave a lasting mark or a glaring scar." He warned her. The man's tone was deep and serious and when his eyes finally came to settle on Danielle they were heavy with the intent of his lesson. In the end, all men would reap what they sewed. Even the Force would not often reverse that. His expression soon grew softer as he looked to the men who followed behind the two of them silently. The members of the Royal Guard stood in a semi-circle formation around their King and his young adjutant.

"Enough of that for today. We will enjoy ourselves for a while and relax our minds and bodies. Tomorrow training will come, but today I want you to remember that all must take rest." He told Danielle as a servant parted through the Guard, approaching with two flutes of wine, both were colored in a deep red and Adron was quick to take one into his hand. "Today's choice?" The King asked the man carrying the tray of wine.

"A fine sweet red from Rodia, my liege. A subtle taste of spiced apple with a refreshing body." The servant offered, holding one of the flutes out to Danielle. Adron chuckled softly as he downed a sip of the red wine. "Wonderful, try some." He urged Danielle before turning back from the balcony, his cloak flowing as he moved away from the edge of their floating spectator's ship. The King made his way to where those nobles who had honored champions seemed to be gathered. { Seren Maeve Seren Maeve , Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer , Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier , Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia , Raphael Boucher }. His eyes spotted the crowd and placed over ten members of the nobility all together, most of which were personally familiar to the King of Illyria.

"My Lords and Ladies." Adron spoke and soon the chatter of the viewing area came to silence. "It is the duty of the Aristocracy to provide food, shelter, jobs, water, and knowledge to those we rule over. However, it is often forgotten that it is also our duty and often our pleasure, to provide distraction. Distraction from the long grueling days in the mines or the toils of war, perhaps this distraction serves us all well. I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your participation in these Games. Know that the Champion of this game will receive their dues, yet the Lord or Lady who stands over that Champion will find themselves leaving with a treat of their own." He offered a brief smile before raising his wine glass to the air above him in a toast.

"Unité et prospérité." Unity and prosperity.

"Now, if you excuse me, I will be placing a small wager on just who will be winning the championship today. I'm putting one hundred thousand credits on the champion of Garde Noire, would anyone here like to meet my bet?" He challenged with a rather mischievous gleam in his eye.
wrappingpaper.png

Header-BG.png

RACE
Tags: @All!

"Are we live? Wonderful!"

"Good morning, Galaxy! I am your host Ethos Pascal and I will bring you live coverage of the 1st Royal Illyrian Winter Games!" The host on the holonet was a young and enthusiastic man with snow white hair and vibrant hazel eyes. He wore a wonderful cloak of winter white and seemed to be standing aboard some kind of hover pad, looming over the sports field constructed outside of Cheshire City.

"This is truly a momentous event, as never in Illyrian history has a King sponsored a games to be viewed and attended by the smallfolk of a world. This is also the first ever Illyrian event to be broadcasted out to the galaxy live! We are certainly making history today ladies and gentleman. As we all saw in the event previews the competitors of this event are all men and women who placed well in the ninety-seventh Illyrian Summer Games, so we'll see many familiar faces, at least you Illyrians will!"

The screen immediately cut to a listing of names, each one with a noble seal stamped beside it to show the competing House that had sponsored the Champion.

1. Halle Bisset - House Archam
  2. Anya Fleya - House Valencia
  3. Marianne Spindell - House Boucher
  4. Grius Morou - House Astier
  5. Alistev Greshul - House Yakieer
  6. Jhaila Kovin - House Maeve
  7. Yontura Imur - House Sinula
  8. Lucian Maron - House Bassett
  9. Daramore Pascal - House Pascal
  10. Jenya Grimsleu - House Arrant
"All of the champions have been sorted via their performance in the previous games, so this should certainly be an interesting set. Now the contestants are being loaded out onto the track to begin the one mile run. In the past, House Archam's fabulous Halle Bisset was notorious for her distance running so we'll see if she holds to expectations this time! It looks like they are lining up and getting ready!"

On the field, the ten contestants were lined up before the main line. Each one did their series of stretches and running preparations before taking up a pre-running stance. A single man came behind each of them and glanced at them accordingly. "Stay in your track lane or you will be disqualified. Now, Champions get ready! Get set!" There was a pause before the man pulled a blaster from his waist and held it to the air. In the next moment the shot rang out and all ten of the contestants were in a dead sprint, aiming to end this race before it even began.

Back on the main screen, Ethos watched with interest as the contestants bolted off from the starting point. "There they go! As the race is a single lap around the track we're about to see just what these champions are made of!"

Bottom-BG.png

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜱʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ

Tagging: Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia ~ Raphael Boucher ~ Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer ~ Adron Malvern Adron Malvern ~ Seren Maeve Seren Maeve ~ Danielle Mueller ~ The High Court of Illyria The High Court of Illyria

The Lady of Blood Reign silently waited as her albinoid eyes kept on exploring the surroundings and the familiar and not so familiar faces. Her stark white hair was held up in an intricate design, and some shorter strands had been strategically left alone to float upwards in that unnatural manner that characterized those of her blood, making them almost impervious to the effects of gravity. They spread around her like a feathery crown, eye-catching and beautiful. Those that hailed from Blood Reign were known for their dark colors and elegant style when it came to fashion and appearance, but also for the details they included which often felt very foreign and attractive to those who were not familiar with the province.

Upon being addressed by Count Raphael Boucher, the young lady moved from her place to join the noble and Count Fleur Valencia. She was well acquainted with their names, even she had never had the pleasure of meeting them personally. Because they were above her station, the young Magnate offered a respectful nod to both of them before responding. "Count Boucher, Count Valencia, it is an honor to formally make your acquaintance."

Fauvel used to be kept privvy to her father's relations and so she had heard of his connection to Count Boucher, back when the Astier's still held the very same title and equal respect and power. "So I've heard. It pleases to see you are doing well, my Lord." Her silvery voice said, making sure to use the appropriate etiquette given their standing. The man had endured and thrived, whereas her own parents had not.

The games would begin soon, and Fauvel awaited them eagerly not out of excitement for the games themselves but for their results. However, the arrival of another quickly became the objective of her attention as well as that of most of the nobles around them. The King had arrived, his adjutant alongside him. Directing herself in a way in which she did not give her back towards the King nor the Counts, Fauvel held the flute of golden wine in her pale hand as the monarch addressed them. Fauvel had not seen the King in person since the day most of her family had been executed by his own hand.

The young lady did not feel hatred towards him, nor pain at the memory of the family members that had seen them dragged into the mud. She remembered her brothers' cry for help, his father finally giving in to spare what remained of her House. A part of her had wished to die alongside them that day, if only to not bare the shame her parents and eldest siblings had soiled their house with. Yet here she stood, and if there was one thing Fauvel lacked was the cowardice to not bear the yokes that fell on her shoulders.

"Unité et prospérité." She repeated, raising her flute slightly as the nobles responded the monarch's toast.

And finally the sun had risen over the horizon, and the reporter prepared everyone for the beginning of the games by introducing the contestants. She could hear the cheer of the people of Blood Reign that had attended, far in the distance, as Grius Morou was named. The King then issued his gamble, something that had taken the young Lady by surprise. She awaited then, for the nobles of higher standing to speak first.

650.png

AN OPPORTUNITY

Fleur had noticed the other woman enter and her head angled just slightly for a moment in quiet thought as she watched Magnate Fauvel Astier bow her head in acknowledgement. The woman was about to address the other when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching her and the Viscount turned to face the man who was her biological father in every aspect except in name. Of course he also didn’t act like her father while in public, due to reasons that would become treacherous if certain people found out that they knew about their connection; but in private the man was trying to be the father that he never got to be while she had grown up.

Sometimes, she wished that things could have been different, but there was no point wishing for the what ifs and maybes. For at least now they had each other and would soon garner the chance to hatch their own sweet revenge. Revenge which would be done in the dark with no one to witness the actual fall of those that had wronged them.

To which end, a graceful smile curved her lips at his boastful words, ”My Lord Boucher. Lucky that I do indeed have one of my best and brightest competing for me.” She said, playing into the façade of playful competitiveness between two Viscounts. Vibrant blue eyes then shifted over towards Magnate Astier, of whom Raphael was soon ushering over and introducing her to. The hybrid had indeed heard of the fallen house, the one that had fallen in rank and been disgraced. Yet she couldn’t help but feel pity for the other, for if it wasn’t for the deeds done by particular family members of Magnate Fauvel Astier’s, then the woman before her wouldn’t have inherited such a disgraced House. It was a pity and yet…

A slow smile spread across her lips then as a plot began to slowly develop within her mind and she collected the flute of golden wine from the man that stood beside her. ”Magnate Astier, I was just informing my fellow associate here; Viscount Boucher, that he was counting his chickens before they have hatched, too soon.” Slowly, she began to move the flute in a circle type motion as she aerated the liquid that had been captured in such a fragile prison. Not that the liquid would benefit from such a motion, it just gave her an excuse to delay her words for a moment. ”What do you think?” Fleur posed the question to her before she spotted the King make his entrance with a girl at his side. The Viscount, paused as she took in the girl's frame and she wondered as to who she was, for she most definitely was not a part of the Nobility and Officiels. She knew all of them by heart.

Quietly, she turned to face the King as he addressed them all and finally she lifted her own drink up as she repeated the phrase, ”Unité et prospérité.” The cool glass was pressed to her lips as she took a sip and then found a shake of her head was given at the chance to wager a bet with the King. As a rule, most Valencia’s didn’t bother to gamble themselves, for they knew all too well that the outcomes could very well bleed a man dry. Many a man had committed suicide or fallen on hard times due to the amount of credits that they had gambled away in one of the casinos that the Valencia’s owned, it was a lesson that the House got to witness without experiencing for themselves.

Her attention was then drawn back to Magnate Astier while a plan began to hatch and although the sounds of the race had begun, she paid it little mind. Whether she won or not was irrelevant, what was relevant was that House Valencia had put a champion in to compete. Fleur just wouldn’t pay too much attention till the Olympics was over and the final scores given. A slow horse could very well catch up on the final straight to claim victory and one just had to be patient. Much like her current situation, she was behind, for now. However, she would catch up to eventually claim that prize and she wasn’t thinking about the Olympics.

crystal.png

VSulUUV.gif

Wearing: Formal Eye Mask, Ceremonial Dress, Knight Saberstaff
Mental State: Silent.
Tags: | Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia | Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier |

The walk from the training area afforded to them to the viewing box area was a short one but afforded plenty of time for the former imperial and the sith apprentice to converse. Their prospect was a good one, though it seemed there were holdups on both of their parts on just how good the man could be. “I still wish we had picked him out sooner…could’ve worked on speed and endurance training had that been the case..” Xobos mused, a hand stroking her chin in thought as they walked. The process of choosing an acceptable champion had been a long one, and she wondered if she had been right to take so long in doing so.

“Extra sparing training would have been nice as well, but we cannot dwell on the past, my lady.” Zax was once again the voice of reason between the pair. Whenever doubt managed to worm it’s way into her mind, he was there to reassure her of the decisions that had been made. “We made the process long to worm out the weakest and those that had fatal flaws. For all the weaknesses he might have, there are no parts of his training that feel…lacking in a fatal way.” There was a slight groaning sound from Xobos at this, her head turning to look up at the grizzled man with an unhappy, thoughtful expression. “They say a man with no weaknesses, but also no true strengths, in reality processes nothing but weaknesses.”

Zax did not respond to this, but even Xobos could feel the slight smile peaking at the edges of his lips. He found her pessimism amusing at times, something that he had learned to deal with quite well while serving underneath her master. After this, they both walked in silence until reaching the champions viewbox. As they did so, the Great Maalraas Sabatora made her way by the apprentice’s side. The beast was quite the imposing sight, it’s fur and scales recently cleaned and shined, and it flanked Xobos’ free side while Zax continued to take his position on the other as they entered into the viewing area. Inside were faces she had seen before, including a few that she had met during the recent peace treaty signing, as well as some new ones that she was sure she would know by the end of the night.

But at the center, as he usually was, sat her master, the newest of his apprentices standing closely by his side. While approaching, Xobos gave a little nod of the head toward her sister apprentice, then turned to fully bow her head to the king himself. “My king. I hope this night does you well.” Her head bow was mirrored by the Great Maalraas, showing the sith apprentice’s control over the beast had not wavered. Her king and master greeted, Xobos moved to take her position in the outside portion of the box, looking down at the track below. Tonight would be a fun night, and she wanted to miss absolutely none of the festivities to come.

nkgTHSx.png

Raphael Boucher

R
450.png

OBJECTIVE

There was a certain gleam in the man's eye when he looked to the Viscount of House Valencia. It was a dubious set of events that led to the relationship they had now. When it came to Raphael's mind he was not even sure what relationship that was. Were they truly father and daughter? No. Blood had bound them for all eternity but they were yet little more than strangers with a silk thread between them. He did not focus on it long, there was a certain way that the Nobility were expected to perform and behave. Viscount Boucher took to indulging stereotypes and rumors, especially those of superstition. They made it all the more easier to maneuver around those who had fallen into such a pit of stigma.

When the
Magnate approached, the Viscount quickly held a tight lipped smile as a single finger rose to the woman. "Viscount." He corrected her. "At functions like these were there are many Counts and Marquise present it is best to use our title appropriately." He scolded her light-heartedly. Still, when Fleur spoke of the man counting his eggs before they had hatched, the Vicount could not help but scoff a bit at her words. "I have not know House Boucher to fail in the past and I do not believe it will do so anytime soon." He assured the both of them. He was going to say more, yet in the next moment the King made his entrance to the viewing area.

Raphael straightened himself, raising a glass as the Monarch declared his toast. As with those around him, he proudly echoed out. "Unité et prospérité." He echoed along with the others before taking a measured sip of his wine and turning his eyes to the two ladies with him. "A man who bets against a King? Ambitious or foolish. Usually both." He said with a hint of humor in his voice. He turned back to one of the nearby screens and placed a hand upon Fleur's shoulder, gesturing to the screen. "Here we are, they're starting the introductions now." He looked over the names and his eyes widened with a bit of surprise. "Archam, Valencia, and Boucher. Well, it seems your champion was very well off in the last set of games, my Lady." He continued looking before quickly seeing House Astier's champion and turning his eyes to Fauvel. "You placed valiantly as well. It seems our three Houses will be among the best to compete. Hopefully, House Archam's champion does not prove too much for ours." He said, before running a hand across his chin curiously.

"Archam..." He repeated briefly before glancing over to the others. "I'm unfamiliar with that family. Do either of you recognize the surname?" He asked them curiously. He pulled a datapad from his waist, tapping into it as the race began. "Well, it seems they've begun the first half-mile." He stated.
blackw.png

BX-Strip.png

W I N T E R . G A M E S

Appearance: Leather Jacket & Hood
Champion: Jhaila Kovin​
"Unité et prospérité," Maeve echoed as she casually set a pair of dark lenses over her eyes using only the tip of one finger in time for the sun to crest. It would be easier to see her darling participate if the glare of the sun did not blind her Matron.​
"A fair wager, my King, but I have too much faith in the Champion of Point de Titan to join you in that wager, my Lord." A small smile curled her lips upward as Viscount Boucher said not to join that wager was brave or foolish, and often both. Seren was neither. It was a simple matter of believing in the effort that she and hers had put into preparing for the event. Even if this was naught more than a merry pastime for citizen and noble alike, to bet against her own would cut deep were it ever made known to her Champion. Maeve would not have such scandalous word repeated with the voracity of truth.​
The first event was a challenge of endurance. Maeve did not expect Kovin to place first in this particular event, if she were honest. It was possible, but an objective analysis of the strength of the people from Point de Titan it was not in cross-country dashes.​
The Vampirika's gaze settled on Sieur Yakieer, the King's Apprentice, for a moment. A friendly face, if close to the seat of power and easily caught in Malvern's web. A dangerous friendship, if it became such, but then Seren was not one to worry about such things. One either was a friend or not; and if she was not, then there was either a utilitarian use for conversing or there was not. A similar circumstances for the outcast Lady whom the pair had entertained at the formal function not long hence.​
"May your Champions demonstrate the strength of their convictions," the Sieur of Point de Titan politely toasted as the games began.​

JzumJOM.png

Danielle Mueller

D
City: Cheshire, Illyria
Present Company: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern
Tags: Seren Maeve Seren Maeve , Raphael Boucher, Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier , Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer , Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia

"Have you ever seen it's like?".
Adron Malvern asked her, though it sounded to be rhetorical and after her continued silence, he would continue to go on and explain himself in some degree or another. While he spoke of the first time laying eyes upon Illyria, Danielle couldn't help but be preoccupied with her own thoughts and feelings.

The Exarch sounded greatly fond of the world laid out before them, yet Dani's mood had been soured ever since Tatooine and she couldn't help but feel as though they were killing time until she had the chance to let it all out.

As of yet, she hadn't let go of what had happened, and nor had she reacted against him for the way he had treated her. Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer 's warning had rung true and the Exarch's previous lessons had made it loud and clear that there was more behind him than a simple politician...-Not only that but Dee loved the Confederacy and he stood at the height of that. He had offered to help her get there herself...-She just hadn't understood at what cost.

"Does it have any high cliffs" she answered him without even giving the words the credence of thought, they simply flowed off of a heated tongue laced in emotion with motive. She kept her gaze looking out across from where they stood in the stands, focusing on not turning to read the expression that he might have returned in response. She didn't need to see, to know that he would be reading her like an open book.

"If we are done with business for the day, then you'll have to excuse me" she spoke up once more, fast enough so that he ought not get a word in, and she might not feel the weight of her attitude. With his attention upon the rest of the people, those who were among his friends and those who were otherwise just part of the scene all non-existant and shrouded by the girl's own lack of interest, she removed herself in order to find the first place that looked to be serving the hard and burning sort of drink that Aadya Volke Aadya Volke and Cali Ziiva Cali Ziiva had introduced her too.

Like Adron had said, sometimes beautiful things needed to be broken in order to be built back up. Dee was sure to break something this night.

I apologize for the wait on this post, I've been having a hard time finding the headspace to write lately thanks to RL matters. I'll do my best not to keep you all waiting again.

illyrian300.png

OBJECTIVE

The King stood for a moment, his eyes looking out over the screen before them.

He had taken notice of Danielle Mueller flippant comment and turned his eyes towards the girl. Her eyes expertly dodged his and he allowed his lips to curl into a certain smile before nodding as he turned his expression back to the screen before them. "A few." He told her cooly in response. Though her word were disrespectful and curt he did not take it to mind. For one reason the young woman was not like his former apprentices who had a bit more maturity and ability to handle certain situations. Danielle was yet a child thrown into a very large role and that role would only continue to increase as the times moved along, so would her understanding of the world around her.

He thought to say nothing, instead he turned his eyes to Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer who approached, trailed by the great beast of a Maalraas that she kept as a pet. He regarded Xobos with a raise of his wine glass before gesturing for her to approach him. As he did, Danielle made her own declaration to be dismissed, which caused Adron to regard her with a slight smile.

When she sought to depart from his side he thought little of it. Although his Guardsmen tensed at the way she departed from the man, he merely held a hand up to them, halting their movements in stone.

Adron's hand fell and he turned his eyes back to Xobos, looking to the Maalraas Sabatora who had followed her so obediently. His eyes flashed certainly, a vibrant shade of amethyst as he looked over the Maalraas. curiously. "It seems you've truly dominated her mind. Well done." He complimented. His hand came down to rest on Xobos' shoulder for only a moment before he nodded to her. With the others, Adron turned his eyes to the race that seemed to be coming to a close.
wrappingpaper.png

Header-BG.png

Round 1

The runners continued with a good deal of motivation and vigor. Still, a number of them fell short in the final stretch. It became quite obvious by the final quarter mile that the champion of House Yakieer had an obvious lead. So there was no surprise when he crossed the finish line first. House Yakieer received an uproar of cheers and applauds, many calling out the name of Yakieer in a steady chant.

"House Yakieer!" The name echoed out over and over again within the stadium. The announcers who were watching all exclaimed at the spectacle before speaking themselves. "What an amazing race! With House Yakieer taking first place! It seems second place will go to House Maeve, third place to House Astier, and the runner ups to follow the leaders are Boucher, Valencia, and Pascal. It seems House's Archam, Bassett and Arrant are out of the games!"

"They're bringing up the scores now, lets see where the Houses are ranked!" The announcer called, before the scores were shown before them.

1. House Yakieer
2. House Maeve
3. House Astier
4. House Boucher
5. House Valencia
6. House Pascal

"What a display! I am certainly eager to see how the House's match up in the next round!" The announcer said with a resounding voice. "There will be a very brief intermission before the next event and I for one, cannot wait!"
Bottom-BG.png

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜱʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ

XSdyJPc.png

Champion: Grius Morou.
Tagging:
Adron Malvern Adron Malvern ~ The High Court of Illyria The High Court of Illyria ~ Raphael Boucher ~ Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia ~ Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer ~ Seren Maeve Seren Maeve ~ Danielle Mueller

jsMjBmz.png

"Viscounts," She repeated the word, letting Boucher know that she had heeded his correction, "Accepter mes excuses." The apology flowed from her lips in perfect Illyrian. And soon after her tourmaline gaze drifted onto the figure of Lady Yakieer as she made her entrance, one of the famed shadowcats walking by her side. An impressive view, and quite the entrance. It would undoubtedly be noticed by those present. Far stopping to admire the awe-strucking creature, Fauvel's mind continued to be hard at work and could only regard the experience for what it seemed in the moment: a masterful move in regards to appearances.

While a sports tournament was taking place below them, a very different and potentially unforgiving competition took place in the viewing platform where nobles lingered. At the very least, for one such as Fauvel who was constantly walking a tightrope, this was the poetic battlefield. And for now, she considered herself incredibly fortunate that two members of the High Court would converse with her. The restoration of her House would not be an easy path, this much she knew, but perhaps the results of some of her efforts were finally beginning to bare their fruit.

The first race came to an end, and by the clamoring of the crowds, the Young Lady felt confident in assuming it had been the champion of House Yakieer the one to come out the victor, even before results were announced and before needing to divert her gaze from her surroundings to one of the screens or the track themselves. Morou's result was not something that particularly interested, anything that was not the product of ridicule in the people would do.

And soon, the results were announced and the welcomed knews that Grius Morou had achieved a decent score were revealed to her. Initially, her rose eyes returned to Raphael Voucher, "Well, it seems that House Archam won't be competing anymore. Your wish has come to pass, my Lord." Then, her gaze sought out Maeve and Yakieer, she had met both in the banquet. To them, she offered a nod of her head and a tilt of her flute both in greeting and congratulation for their champions' placing, as well as offering with her gesture an oportunity to join the Viscounts and the Magnate in conversation.

650.png

VISCOUNT VALENCIA

Vibrant blue eyes watched the new arrivals as they one by one entered. Each one stood out in their own way and quietly she took a sip of the liquid within the glass that she held and barely took notice of the taste as she eyed the shadowcat for a brief moment. A beast at an event in the viewing box, a viewing box that occupied many nobles alike seemed as if it could be a bad idea. In any case, it didn’t seem to directly affect her for the moment and her gaze shifted to the girl that stood beside the King. A girl who seemed wholly intent on looking for liquor that was being served by servers on trays. Slightly she angled her head towards one of them while her gaze remained upon the girl for a brief moment to help her in her endeavour.

That was until her attention was drawn towards what was being said amongst those who Fleur was currently engaged in conversation with. A hand waved away the apology made by the Magnate with an air of boredom. ”No harm done, just make sure to remember for future reference; as those who might be present may not take kindly to the lack of title used.” The hybrid said softly as she offered a soft smile to the woman who her father had just corrected. Indeed, while the appropriate use of titles was a necessary evil, it didn’t mean that such a topic was at all interesting for her as there were much more interesting factors at play. Especially the one involving a little girl who seemed to be harbouring some potent anger within.

Fleur’s mind was more interested in playing politics and garnering favours from those that may be of use in the future, than she was of the actual games that were in play. Did her house win? Did it lose? Only time would tell and it was a game best played with a great deal of patience. What did one do while they waited for the results? Well, they could always gossip or she could start developing potential assets to be played at a later date. Either way, her attention was pulled back to Raphael as his hand guided her vision to the screen. Archam was not a house she was familiar with and she frowned softly for a moment, as the woman knew all of the noble houses that occupied Illyria. So it begged the question, how did this house slip through and where had it come from?

Her lips parted as she was about to speak, when the scores were announced and House Archam seemed to have dropped out. It was an odd sight to see and it caught her attention. Who was Archam? The question rested within the forefront of her mind, but Magnate Astier seemed to give voice to the fact that House Archam would not be competing anymore. Fleur would have to do some research later. Was House Archam a ghost house? Or were there more secrets to be uncovered? Whatever the case a smile curved her lips as she nodded her head. ”Indeed Magnate Asteir. There is no need to worry about a House when they can no longer measure up to those that are currently still on the board.” The woman said with a soft chuckle. Her gaze however had shifted.

What were those blue eyes looking for? They weren’t at all interested in the scores that flashed above them, for her champion knew what was at stake if they did not win. No, her eyes were looking for a girl who had been keen to seek out a drink and she wondered if the girl had been at all successful in her endeavours.
crystal.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom