Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Welcoming Committee {Circe}

Sand swirled around the tribesman, blurring their vision and dirtying their garments. None of them seemed to care, and rode on without a word. There was about a dozen of them, fifteen at most. Each sat atop a Dewback, or some similar species. At the front of the pack was a tall female, clad in iron armor. Cloth wrapped around her head and neck, protecting her face from the raging storm of dust surrounding her. A bare fist rose up in the air, signaling the others to stop. There was something approaching, breaching the planet's harsh atmosphere. Quickly the world's heavy gravity would start pulling it down. Only a skilled pilot would prevent a crash.

Not many came to Pitann on purpose. Those that did came seeking the precious minerals the planet contained. Few ever left, having been ruthlessly killed by the natives. Over two dozen tribes lived on the desert planet. All united under one leader, a vicious woman known as War'Rain, Queen of the desert. She despised intruders, and commanded all her troops to kill them on sight. For many, many years ago explorers came, seeking metals. They left with none, instead taking the chieftain's wife and child. Since then no visitors were allowed on the planet. Ships were shot at upon entry, and troops rode out immediately to slaughter survivors. Only the strongest survived on Pitann.

Pointing at the approaching vessel War signaled for her warriors to follow. Together the started riding towards the ship's landing point. No turrets were close enough to shoot it down. The natives would have to send THE WELCOMING COMMITTEE, the planet's strongest group. War was the head of the group, and they often patrolled the world for days or even weeks on end. Devices stolen from trespassers allowed the tribes to communicate, and rely coordinates of the intruders. Whoever was arriving on the planet would be in for some trouble. Lots of it.

"Leave. No. Survivors."
@[member="Circe Savan"]

The gravitational force of the planet was something Circe was admittedly having difficulty adjusting to. Her biomass's density increased in response as their ship landed on the planet, her stepping out of the craft somewhat of a stumble. She softly sighed as her mind focused, searching for any newcomers that were on their way to the landing site. The soldiers activated the filters of their SIA-Cs as Circe's pheromones began production, a surprise to anyone who came nearby - though she would likely sense them already.

And soon, War would find that she wasn't the only aggressive woman on this planet.

@[member="War'Rain Sekairo"]

Digging her heels into the side of the Dewback, War yelled a simple 'mush!', telling the beast to move forward. The other tribesman did the same, following alongside their leader at a breakneck pace. Riding up the sand dune they approached the vessel, still a good kilometer away. Visuals were blurry, as the sand still raged around them. Snarling the chieftain ordered her troops to speed up and prepare to surround the ship. None would attack yet. Those who charged blindly into battle died just as quickly. Even one as bitter as War would not slaughter her enemies without first sharing a few words. Perhaps these travelers had arrived by accident, as she had many moons ago. That mattered not- unless they brought news of the Queen's wife. But ruthless ones did enjoy playing with their prey.

Sekairo was no different. With one hand she steered her Dewback, the other latched onto a blaster, aimed at the vessel. Once she was closer she slowed down, pulling her hood down. It was time to speak to these accursed intruders. Either they would die by her blade, or they'd be left to starve in the sands.

"I am War'Rain Sekairo, Epicanthix Ruler of the Desert. Who dares land on Pitann? State thy name and business or face the wrath of the Sand Queen's Army!" War roared, raising her fist into the air. Her soldiers moved to encircle the ship, all eyes locked on those who emerged from within.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"First, I may as well ask. Any relation to Ire'Rain, Ven'Rain, or Sea'Rain Sekairo?"

That was the first question Circe would ask, and likely the one that would help defuse the powder keg that appeared to explode. Perhaps by showing herself to be a good friend of the Sekairo family and clan, Circe could stop the bloodshed before it began. There was another option - ritual combat against War herself - but direct conflict never was as fruitful as the occasional bush-beating. "My name is Circe Savan. I'm a family friend... My company was looking to make some deals with your government. I assume you call the shots on this world, War?"

Yeah... Called the shots and fired them.

Sliding carefully off her mount, War'Rain took a few steps closer, standing at an impressive height of six feet three inches. Rolling her eyes at the mention of Sea'Rain she crossed her arms over her chest. Next to her the tribesman sat still, never once taking their gaze off Circe. One drew his blaster and kept it aimed at the green woman's head. It wasn't until War waved her hand that the soldiers relaxed. No shots would be fired- yet, at least. Moving her hand back to inspect her nails the Sekairo prepared to answer. When she did her voice was gruff, marked with authority, and heavily accented. It was obvious she didn't normally speak basic, believing it to be an inferior language.

"I ask the questions around here, not you, intruder. Though I will momentarily... 'entertain' you. Sea'Rain is part of the weaker side of the Sekairo family. Her grandmother made the mistake of sleeping with a Hapan, that is how her line started. That grandmother had a sister- a wiser one. She mated with a strong Epicanthix- giving birth to the start of my line. I do not know of this 'Ven' or 'Ire' you speak of. If they are anywhere as foolish as Dev'Rain, I wish nothing to do with them. And yes, I am the Chieftain of the tribes. Though know this, stranger: Unless you bare news of my... daughter, or prove to be stronger then the other pathetic beings who have traveled here, I will kill you where you stand." War said, pulling her blaster back out. Around her the tribesman did the same, preparing for a fight.

Unless this 'Circe' acted quickly, her and her forces would be attacked.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"How about we do things this way, darling..." She stepped forward, her men moving back towards the ship, aiming at her help. "You versus me. One on one. Feel free to use whatever it is you desire to subdue me. If you win, you may kill me or, if you want, I will be your slave. If I win, though, you will allow me and my others safe passage. As well, you may, depending on what mood I'm feeling in, be required to participate in one of my experiments."

A challenge was something War likely wouldn't refuse. She didn't want to go hard-nosed... but apparently she would have to.

"Iveck, Diokin!" War'Rain shouted, gesturing to her warriors as she did so. Quickly the turned their mounts, dispersing across the sands. They spread out into a large circle, with large gaps in between each one. Blasters were aimed at Circe's men, but none appeared ready to fire. This wasn't the first trial by combat they had witnessed. Cracking her knuckles their leader turned back to the younger woman, eyes watching her closely. "My soldiers will not interfere. If any of yours attempt to, they will die. One quick snipe to the jugular. Understood, intruder? If you win, I will inform the tribes to let you pass. But your access to our resources will be limited. We will not let you suck us dry before leaving us. There will be limits- which will be discussed. If I win... Then you will be the sole survivor of your group. All others will be killed quickly. Depending on how well you fight, you will either be left to survive on your own in the desert, or you will return with me. If the latter becomes reality, you may be used to... help search for something."

Getting into a defensive position the Sekairo prepared for combat. Her blaster pistol was moved to her left hand, while a vibro-blade was placed in her right hand. Quietly she waited, letting her opponent make the first move. War had an advantage, being used to both the higher gravity and sandy terrain. Add that to her height and weight, and it was easy to tell Circe would not be winning this so easily- if she won at all.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Saying nothing, and not moving either, Circe stayed motionless, focusing her energy for a single move. "Well, are you going to do anything, or are you going to simply stand there like a Seoul statue?"

A little soft incitement always helped with the unnerving of your opponent. In this case, it could just piss her off.

Making a very rude gesture, War'Rain let her opponent know she wasn't amused. At all. Then she quickly aimed her blaster and shot at Circe in an attempt to see how fast the woman would react. If the green woman did nothing, the bolt would strike her in the chest, just to the side of her heart- if there was a heart to strike, that is. Not waiting to see if her attack hit, War started going to the left, moving her feet sideways in short, precise movements. The Sekairo would start to circle her enemy, watching every twitch the girl made. Behind her a tribesman pet his Dewback, trying to calm the beast's nerves. Fights always did get them excited.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Dodging the blaster bolt, Circe was admittedly a bit agitated by her slower reaction time. But she simply stepped forward towards the planet's ruler, almost as though she were a ghost... Which she was. The real Circe had immersed herself in the White Current, and was moving towards War from a completely different angle in order to use a needle of heavy anesthetic on her, which would cause her to drop to the ground almost instantly. If she could only get closer before she burned through her Force energy...

Maybe she could come out of this without any bloodshed.

With a smirk War'Rain aimed another shot at the fake Circe, releasing a few bolts. Then she rolled to the left, kicking up sand as she did so. Some of the tribesman seemed to be getting a little antsy, and started yelling for her to finish it. She let out a little hiss before yelling something in some odd, guttural language. Soon they quieted, continuing to watch their leader. Next the Sekairo returned to a defensive stance, looking through the sand for any signs of Circe's approach. Little did she know the flesh on her arm was exposed in back, just enough of a gap for the real Savan to slip a needle in...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

The false Circe rushed straight towards War, while the real one slipped behind her, still invisible, lining up the needle full of anesthetic with the exposed flesh of her arm, eager to end this once and for all. If War continued her defiance, she would be utterly subjugated by her dominator. After all, she would need to take this woman to Thule to experiment with her.

Raising her right hand, War prepared to swing her blade down upon the false Circe. At the same time her blaster aimed another shot at the woman, in hopes of hitting her leg. But before the girl could strike, she felt a slight prick on her arm. Muttering a few choice curse words (all in Epicant) she turned to face the real Savan, only to find no one. Confused she let her guard down, standing still. Then the anesthetic started to take affect, and she dropped both of her weapons. Swaying back and forth she frantically looked around, trying to see who had injected her. Quietly she fell to the sand, eyelids feeling very, very heavy...

"The Queen! Get them!" One tribesman yelled, firing off several shots at Circe's men, ignoring the rules of the fight. Another joined him, charging his Dewback towards the ship, shooting at it as he went. Others started circling the area, waiting to see if their leader would get back up. When she did not they slowed, staring intently at Circe. The next, and likely final move, would be hers.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Circe's illusion disappeared as the real woman made her presence known once again. In retaliation to being shot at, Some of the men began to fire shots from their Mist atomizing pistols and Sharpshot submachine guns at the men. Fifty caliber armor-piercing slugthrower rounds and disruptor-like plasma bolts would prove quite effective on them as Circe prepared to Repulse the men circling her. "I defeated your queen fair and square, you dishonorable dogs." The plant-woman placed her foot on War's back in triumph, giving a soft smile. "Do not attempt to harm me. Doing so will only result in repercussions."

Painful repercussions indeed.

"You used magic. There is little honor in that. But War itself has been defeated. Go! But know this, one day she will strike you down. Nothing stops the flame burning in her heart!" A tribesman yelled as he and the others turned to leave. The two that had attacked lay dead in the sand, surrounded by their dewbacks' blood. One woman from the Committee remained behind, looking at Circe with a blank expression. "Return her one day. Without her there is nothing but war. The tribes will split again. We will all die, I'm sure of it... Do what you will with her. But if you ever have the chance, reunite her with her Wife or Daughter. Then you will have gained a powerful ally indeed." With that the woman left, riding off with the others.

A grunt was heard as War tried to move. Quickly she went back to rest, unaware of anything going on. And as promised, the tribesman left, disappearing into the dunes. Though what Circe did not know was that without War, the tribes would obey no one. If the Sekairo was not allowed to lead them, they would continue to fight, once more attacking outsiders- including the men under Savan's command. That was the way of Pitann.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Slowly, Circe picked up War, taking her back to her ship. Doing business with this planet was relatively pointless, considering their hostile attitude towards outsiders. Perhaps it was time War saw the galaxy the way it truly was... on her way back to Circe's Serpena laboratory.

"Wake up, War... Guess who lost that fight? Better yet, guess who's been taken from their homeworld for rehabilitation?" She could almost giggle at the situation.

Nearly five minutes passed before War'Rain showed even a sign of awakening. When she did, her eyes shot open, and she started struggling immediately. The woman tried to push herself up, but found her limbs to be still waking up. Growling in frustration she muttered a few dozen swears, in at least three different languages. Most seemed to be in Epicant, her native tongue. It took a minute, but she relaxed, turning with cold eyes to look at her captor. Every muscle in her body urged her to leap forward, wrap her hands around Savan's throat and squeeze until she felt the life leave. Instead she scowled, and opened her mouth to reply.

"What do you want with me? If you simply wish to gloat about your victory, then just shut up and let me kill you. I led those tribes for years, I will not be treated like a mere child. You beat me fair and square. So I am yours... for now. But if you cross a line, I will feel not guilt after I tear your throat out." War said, baring her teeth at the woman in front of her. How could I let myself be defeated like this? Kila was right... I am not as strong as I thought I was... if only I was strong enough to bring her home... she thought, looking down at her wedding ring.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well, first, I intend to take you to my laboratory on Serpena. See, you have some family members to meet. And some subjugation to undergo - why the hostility and racism towards me?" Then her thoughts began to leak and Circe understood. "Oh... I'm... Sorry for what happened. I had no idea that was evidently the base reason for your hostility. Is that what you intended to have me do if I lost? Look for your wife?"

Circe could almost empathize with this woman... Almost.

With a sad sigh and low chuckle War looked away, not wanting to see her captor's face. Family probably meant those mentioned earlier- the ones of the Hapan line. Though War didn't outright hate those of other species, she did prefer those of her native race. Part of the way she was raised on Panatha. Only the strongest survived, and where she came from the strongest were always Epicanthix. Or at least mostly so. So you read thoughts, eh? Well get out of my head. There are some things you don't want to see. She thought, turning back to Circe.

"I just wanted to know if you knew anything about her... Kila was a wonderful wife, all I could ever ask for... But when the first outsiders came, they offered me a deal... we would play cards, whoever won would decide whether or not they could settle on Pitann... I won, but before they left they made one last bet: Their supplies, or something precious to me. I was drunk, and foolish. I accepted, my wife and child as the prize... It was the only game I lost that day. They did not sympathize with me, and took them both away. It was my fault. But still I hated any else who came. They all looked the same to me... all sounded the same, wanted the same things, yet none of them had what I needed... And now look what fate has done... The last Sekairo on Pitann, dragged away by outsiders... God, I could use a beer... or two... maybe a dozen..."

Letting out another sigh War laid back down, staring at the ceiling with a blank expression. She mumbled something about a nap or some wine, the rest coming out in more Epicant. Quietly she started humming a little tune, one Kila had used to sing to their child. Don't you worry now, it'll be alright, don't you worry now, I'm by your side... I'll stay with you tonight... Don't you worry now, go to sleep... Everything will be okay...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"First things first... You get zero alcohol. Seriously? Alcohol was the reason you lost your wife and daughter to those imbeciles, and you want to drink MORE of it? Are you insane? Alcohol impairs the standard meatbag's judgement. I may be occasionally naive, but I'm not going to give you something that'll cause you to make another life-harming decision." Circe wasn't going to let this woman be so foolish as to make the same mistake twice.

"Now, you're going to come with me. I'll get you food, something to drink... Plenty of stuff. okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom