Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Warrior's Path, Pt. 1; The Ronin's Return

[Luric's Soundscape: The Sun]​

yOSs1es.jpg

Bare feet, running across an open, lush field of green, the sun shining brightly in the sky above. The laughter of children as they scampered and played outside on a perfect Nubian day. He could hear her voice, laughing and teasing him as they chased one another around the trees in the wood.

"Come on, Lu-Lu! Catch me if you can!" the younger little girl called out as they ran. It seemed like the best day ever, one that he wished would never stop. A simple, perfect day of fun. "C'mon, it's time to wake up."

Eh? Wake up? They were out on the grounds of the estate... what did she mean by 'wake up'?

"Sir, we've arrived, it's time to wake up."

Luric stirred in his seat upon the transport ship, a droid attendant gently nudging him awake. Must have fell asleep. Happened to him more often than not, these days. Placing a hand at his side, he could feel the hilt of his lightsaber still securely attached by it's loop on his hip. Nodding to the droid, he offered no smile, no kindness in return. Just a simple, curt nod. Standing up, he watched as various passengers began to move along, getting their bags and gathering personal effects as they all began to disembark. They had indeed arrived at their destination; a starport on the city-planet of Coruscant, only a short walk from the Jedi Temple. Taking his own knapsack from under his seat, he slung it over his shoulder, and began to exit the vessel with the rest of his fellow passengers. All shapes, all sizes, all races, colors, and creeds. A true melting pot of sentient life if ever there were one. And among them, a lone figure who seemed to belong, yet seemed so out of place.

intro-1608080501.jpg

Luric stepped off the landing ramp onto the platform below, and moved a few steps to the side, taking pause. He stood there, looking up at the millenia old building that housed the New Jedi Order. It was wondrous to behold, that was never in doubt. Emotions flooded him at the sight, as truly, all he really could think of was home. Of Naboo, of the estate, and more importantly, of his family. He had heard rumors that they thought him dead, gone from the mortal coil during the recent events that shook, rocked, and nearly destroyed his homeworld. Still, he always moved forward. The Force was his ally, his guardian, his friend, and his guide. He listened to it as if it were one of the wise old Masters itself, whispering to him the knowledge he would need to take that next step. And he let it guide him, as he always had. And this was where he was meant to be, or so he felt, as the Force guided his path always. Moving along the pathway, he would eventually find himself within the grand entry way to the Temple proper. Taking a moment to survey his surroundings, he stood like a plliar in the middle of those whom made their way back and forth, amid the hustle and bustle of temple life.

And in that moment, Luric would simply kneel down, placing his hands upon his knees, and close his eyes. He was overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of his surroundings, and the life-forces of all that dwelled within the temple. So, he began to meditate right there, centering himself and letting the Force flow through him like a mighty river, never trying to control it, but to listen to it's sound as the ripples of energy flowed as they always did. It was an odd place for one to meditate, but then again, there was nothing quite 'par-for-the-course' for the Jedi Ronin known as Luric Ee'everwest.

After all, sometimes the best way to find what you were looking for was to simply stop looking altogether.

Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest , Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

She felt it.

The warm nudging at the edge of her consciousness. A familiar feeling that wrapped her in comfort and set her feet running, dodging through the crowded halls of the temple, desperately hoping that it was not some cruel trick of the universe.

But as Briana drew closer to the source, the fog began to lift, discerning her cousins unmistakable presence as his silhouette came into view. The downturned face of a young man loomed ahead, shielded by a curtain of long, jet-black hair. Her reasoning mind almost refused to allow her to believe it, but the Force filled her with faith until she was close enough that the fact became indisputable.

Luric was not lost in the bowels of Naboo.

He was not a ghost or a mirage.

Luric was not dead, but standing a few feet in front of her.

She could have run to his side, thrown her arms around his shoulders and embraced him.

Instead, Briana bit back hot tears and knelt down beside him, giving a forceful push to his shoulder, "Took you long enough." she murmured, the words choked in her throat, immediately followed by a reassuring nudge through the Force that conveyed everything she struggled with putting into words; Briana - the girl who always knew what to say, who always had some smart retort... at a loss for words.

Then, at last, a tight hug.

JediD.png

Last edited:

...Hope...

...Anxiety...

...Love...

...Fear...

...Joy...​

The Force whispered to the young Atrisian Jedi, the emotions of all those walking past him flowing like a babbling brook, the ripples touching at his mind gently. As he breathed, inward he drew hope and joy, outward he released his own fears and anxiety. He let the Living Force flow through him, around him, within him. He was a beacon of light, his own presence within the Force lighting up like the sunrise over the estate he grew up on, as the first rays pierced through the clouds and lit up everything they touched. Cascaded in warmth, and wrapped in a joy so real it was almost tangible, as if you could reach right out and touch it...

And as he knelt there, he could feel it. A presence that had always been by his side, and he by her's. feelings of pure, blissful happiness, unobstructed by any doubts, or fears, or remorse flooded from her. As he knelt there, he could hear it. Her voice, a bit shaky, as if she were at a loss for words. As he knelt there, he could see it, opening his eyes, the flecks of orange and green within the hazel brown twinkling as a tear or two of his own fell to his cheeks. He smiled widely as she pushed him gently, shoulder to shoulder. And after a few moments, she threw her arms around him, and he embraced her just the same.

"Hey there, Bri... I missed you too." he said, his own voice just as shaky, trying to keep his own composure as well. It did his heart wonders to finally be back with his best friend in the galaxy, and in this singular moment in time; all was right with world.

Last edited:

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest , Valery Noble Valery Noble

She didn't release him for several long moments, that bit of trepidation seizing her heart, the fear that if she let go that somehow he might slip away again - that some mystical illusion might break and she'd find her arms empty. When she pulled back to see him still there, a fresh wave of emotion poured into the hairline fractures of her heart, filling it to the brim with joy. To any looking on, it must have seemed comical. The two of them sitting in the middle of the Temple's grand entryway, lost in equal parts of awe and jubilation.

Briana didn't care, swiping away the glistening tears that rolled off her face.

"All this time..." she said in a crackling voice, giving a very un-lady like sniffle. A thousand questions raced through her clever mind, her brows knitting together as she thought of what to say to him.

Where were you?

How did you escape?

Why didn't you come sooner?

"we received reports that you died on Naboo."

JediD.png

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant | NJO Temple
Tag | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest

Finally back on Coruscant.

After spending some time away from the Temple for both missions and her personal life, Valery made her way back to the Jedi Temple to get some rest, and maybe take a few days off from the war to focus on teaching instead. It allowed her to replenish her energy and she could catch up with Padawans and friends who were here.

Speaking of which...

Normally, Valery would have made her way over quickly to tease Briana for hugging someone like that, especially in public. But as she got closer, she felt the emotions tied to this hug and figured it was something deeper than just another boy she liked for a few weeks or months.

"Hey you two..." Valery said carefully, "I hope I'm not interrupting?" She looked at Briana, who she wanted to meet again for some training to prepare her for the last stretch to knighthood. But rather quickly, she turned her eyes to Luric as well and flashed him a charismatic smile. "I don't believe we've met before. I'm Master Valery Noble."

ValSword.png

Luric smiled brightly as Briana wiped the tears from her face, and tapped her on the nose, just like he used to when they were children. "I promise, Briana. I'm really here." he said, gently taking her hand, and pulling it toward his chest. He rested her palm over his heart, that she might feel his heart that beat with the very same blood that pumped through her own.

"I was on Geonosis when it happened. Aunt Teyla had just bestowed upon me the rank of Jedi Knight, and I took the opportunity to go and commune with the Living Force."

He sighed lightly, still angry just a bit at the way things unfolded. "I could not find transport off-world as quickly as I would have liked, and by the time I had, that was when I got word of what had happened. I came as quickly as I could, that much I swear to you, Bri."

It was then that another voice spoke up, and Luric turned his head for a moment, looking up at the woman who stood before him. He was taken aback, momentarily, as he took a second or two to center himself. He made a small bow, as best he could while kneeling beside his cousin. "Master Noble, a pleasure to meet you." Luric then stood up with Briana in tow, and did his best to regain his composure, although all things considered, he was doing as well as could be expected. "Apologies, I have been traveling for quite a while, and have only just arrived. I am Luric Ee'everwest, Jedi Knight. Briana is my cousin, and best friend." he added with a warm smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom