Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply The Tomb Raider

franklin-chan-enceladus-conceptart-researchlab.jpg

T H E_T O M B_R A I D E R

FINAL DAWN
SHARB, CHISS SPACE

Deep within the Unknown Regions, lies the isolated world of Sharb. Located at the edge of Chiss Space, Sharb was once a calm world before finding itself on the frontlines of the Second Great Hyperspace War when the New Imperial Order claimed the world and crushed a Maw-sponsored Killik Uprising. However, before the Second Great Hyperspace War Sharb was part of another galactic power, one known as the Zweihander Union. Upon it’s official establishment under the leadership of Sith Lord Credius Nargath, the Zweihander Union began to expand throughout Chiss Space with Sharb being one of the first planets assimilated by the Union.

As the Zweihander Union expanded across Chiss Space and Credius relocated his Corporation from the Confederacy of Independent Systems to his growing Quasi-Empire in Chiss Space, a Military R&D Facility was built on Sharb to carry out secret research projects undertaken by Credius’ Corporation, the N&Z Umbrella Corporation. Since the collapse of the Zweihander Union this research has been long forgotten even as the New Imperial Order claimed the Planet, but there was one individual who did not forget, an individual who had “history” with the Union and that person was none other then Marlon Sularen, Warlord of the Brotherhood of the Maw and High Regent of the Final Dawn.

Sularen had long held a grudge against the Zweihander Union, as it had been formed as a result of a schism within his own organization, the Imperial Directorate, which had been orchestrated by Credius Nargath over a decade and a half ago. He had already tried to break into the target Military R&D Facility before only to be turned back by the combined force of Remnants of the Zweihander Union and the New Imperial Order, working together against a man they had both wronged, against a man who deserved to have the contents that lay beneath the ruins of the N&Z Research and Development Facility.

Why was Sularen so fixated with this Planet, it was simple. It was said to hold a vast amount of secrets, secrets once held by Credius Nargath, secrets in which included prototype weapons, artificial kyber crystals and even bioweapons all in which he could use to further cement his power and assert himself across the Galaxy. However he wasn’t the only one invested on the Planet as rumors of such a vast treasure trove had managed to spread across the galaxy including that of artificial kyber crystals. With Sharb now firmly in the hands of the Brotherhood of the Maw, the High Regent was in the perfect position to take what secrets laid beneath the vast R&D Facility, however it was most certain that others would come after such treasures, whether it be the Empire seeking to finish what they started years ago ,Jedi seeking to uncover the truth behind the rumors of a secret cache of kyber crystals on Sharb or simply anyone seeking to ruin Sularen’s day.

Thus Sularen would arrive at Sharb onboard the FDS Despoiler ready to take what he saw as rightfully his. As such a single Shuttle emerged from the Despoiler headed straight towards the snowy surface of Sharb, eventually coming to rest at a considerable distance from the R&D Facility. Upon emerging from his Shuttle, Sularen would begin the short trek towards the R&D Facility flanked by his Subordinate Colonel Rackham and six other Elite Raptor Commandos. Soon Sularen would have what he needed to wage his War of “Purification” against all his foes in order to exact his long-deserved revenge, and the treasures of his old foe Credius Nargath would play a key part in his war.

Tags | OPEN
Pls DM if you want to get involved and someone has already replied first.

Last edited:
Artificial Intelligence
Sensing intruders near the mostly sleeping facility, Tranquility pondered through her options. The ZU was far away, and this time there wasn't an empire strike force to assist. So the only logical decision was of course self destruction. Moments later databanks of research data began emptying themselves and overwriting themselves with garbage data. Then on all speakers in the facility. "Self Destruction immanent please remove yourself from the facility." A count down sequence began which matched the amount of time it would take to scrub the data. After all one had to make sure that nothing could be salvaged. Defenses were activated and the facility went on lockdown since there was no life inside. Anyone attempting to enter would be fired upon.

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

franklin-chan-enceladus-conceptart-researchlab.jpg

T H E_T O M B_R A I D E R

FINAL DAWN
SHARB, CHISS SPACE

"Self Destruction immanent please remove yourself from the facility."
As Sularen and his Accompanying Party neared the entrance of the Resting Station, they suddenly heard the speakers of the abandoned Facility come to life, issuing a warning that a Self-Destruct Sequence had been initiated before the Defenses activated and the Facility went on lock down. Rackham was visibly surprised having thought the facility had been abandoned after earlier reconnaissance. But Sularen himself knew too well who was responsible for this act. "Tranquility" he muttered. Rackham turned to face Sularen understandably confused at the mention of this "Tranquility" whom they had never heard of before. "She's an A.I in service of the Zweihander Union. The Last time i payed a visit to this Facility she helped Julius Haskler's Goons kick me out. This has to be her work."

"We should probably get out of here, since the whole place is about to blow." Rackham suggested. "No." Sularen replied. Rackham and the Raptors looked at the High Regent once more looking for answers, the Facility was about to blow up and yet their High Regent seemed to have no intention of giving up yet. "Credius Nargath once stole what was mine, i will have what was his one way or another." Sularen said. He then took out his commlink and proceeded to contact the Captain of the
FDS Despoiler. "Captain. I need you to have the Despoiler bombard the Abandoned N&Z Facility with it's Ion Canons. If we're lucky enough we'll disable all systems within the Facility and shut down the Self-Destruct sequence and any attempts to erase any valuable data." Sularen ordered. The Captain simply replied with "Yes, sir it will be done" before Sularen would proceed to terminate the connection.

Sularen then told his Raptors and Rackham to put some distance between them and the Facility as they prepared for the FDS Despoiler's Ion Canon Bombardment. "Do you think this will work, sir?" Rackham asked. Sularen sighed, taking a while to give a response. "It better work, Rackham. That 'Tranquility' A.I has been a pain in the ass before, successfully interfering with my last attempt to secure what assets Nargath might have left behind here, and i do not intend to let her success again." Sularen proclaimed. He thought that the Zweihander Union was nothing but a thing of the past but clearly the actions of Tranquility indicated that they were out there somewhere, regardless once he was done here, he would make sure he would put an end to their machinations once and for all. Thus always to traitors.

Soon enough, the sounds of Ion Cannon Fire ripped through the sky and the first volley of fire from the Heavy Ion Cannons and the Twin Ion Cannons of the FDS Despoiler would impact the abandoned Facility, signaling the beginning of a prolonged bombardment of Ion Cannon fire. Sularen had long ignored the Zweihander Union, letting them fester within their new home within the Eternal Empire as they posed no real threat to the Final Dawn, but their continued interference in his operations was something that Sularen could not tolerate. The Zweihander Union had tested Sularen's resolved many times, first at Byss, then at Tiss'sharl and once more at Sharb. However they had crossed the line here and they better hoped the Final Dawn would grant them a swift death for they had been marked by the Hand of Judgement which would one day come crashing down on them in full force ready to dismantle that poor excuse for a Corporate State.

Tags | Tranquility Tranquility

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom