Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tomb of Jedi Knight Kroran

Tython a somewhat peaceful planet and the location of the Jedi Order's very first temple which was reflected on the various structures that ranged from statues of Jedi Master's from old and Temples many of which have been reclaimed by the vegetation of the planet. And damaged by past battles with bits and pieces of the stone structures missing and the faces of the statues faded away no longer resembling the Jedi Masters that they originally we're made to look like. However many of the Temples and Statues had been reconstructed to a certain degree as new Jedi visited the planet, Though only one structure had yet to be fixed by the Jedi nor have been discovered yet and that was an ancient Tomb that held a once powerful Jedi of the Old Republic known as "Kroran" Only rumors of it's location and history had been spread through the galaxy, Including the idea that the Tomb actually houses a Sith Jedi one of if not the last of his own kind.

However they are just rumors right?, Various maps had been spread through cantina's and brothels on different planets to anyone who wished to either rob the Tomb or dare to awaken the Jedi that slept soundly inside of it the large golden structure. The Tomb itself was covered in various different forms of vegetation, which hadn't been touched for thousands of years as the large fence lined the Tomb was closed tightly as it was thousands of years. The only thing that had stopped anyone from trespassing was a flimsy lock that kept the main gate of the Tomb closed, if one we're to open it they would be greeted by a beautiful garden which despite having no one enter the premises looked well kept with ancient plants and naturally formed springs around.

padmanabhaswamy-temple-kerala.jpg

Milo Ren

A Howling Voice in the Desert
With a flash of his lightsaber, Milo broke the flimsy lock to the Temple's gate.

Looking around, the former Ren took in the air of the land. It smelled full of life, and he could make out the scent of flowers and other vegetation growing in abundance around the Temple. He could hear the trickle of streams and other water sources. The feeling of the place calmed the man visibly, his green eyes taking a peaceful look about them. If what the former Sith had heard was true, this was an untouched Jedi Temple, pristine from the touch of scavengers and looters, or those with more malevolent intentions.

Milo's intentions were good, however. Battling the allure of the Dark Side had taken a toll on him, and he needed a place to center himself. This place seemed like the perfect one to start. Already, he could feel the burden of the dark evaporate around him. Milo took a deep breath and centered himself before walking to the center of the garden and kneeling.

​"Now, let's see if we can do something about you."

​Unclasping his lightsaber, the former Ren held it out with both hands and began to deconstruct it until nothing remained but a single red crystal. The crystal's color was a bygone remnant of a time when Milo served the Dark Side, of when he had lived in anger and hate and fear.

He was not that man anymore.

Reaching out with the Force, Milo began to focus on the crystal, using the location to aid him in the process of healing it. It began to glow and grew noticeably warmer in his grasp. Little by little, the red that engulfed the rock dwindled down to streaks of red, then blotches, and then became pure white. The entire process had taken Milo an hour, but it was a labor of love.

Assembling his lightsaber back together with practiced precision, the former Ren ignited his blade. A beam of pure white energy shot forth, and for the first time in a long time, Milo smiled.

[member="Kroran"]

As the former Ren attempted to heal the blood red crystal, the two large golden doors to the Tomb would begin to rumble lightly the gems that we're situated in the light saber indents of the two Jedi knight's facing one another in the form III Soresu form glowed brightly one with green jewels and the other with blue jewels. The Doors continue to shake and rumble for what seemed like an hour as the Ren healed the kyber crystal, eventually turning it from it's sith red to a bright white. And with that the two large golden doors to the Tomb would slowly open a loud scraping noise accompanying it and a cloud of dust escaping through the small gap that the doors had made.

It seemed that the wildlife that we're in the beautiful garden had suddenly stopped, the birds seized their chirping and the streams seemed to go quiet. With only noise one could hear was the wind inside of the large and undisturbed Tomb.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Tython

He had felt it first, a light ripple of brightness seeping out into the force. A disturbance nonetheless but close. Avin let the broken and abandoned artifact fall back to the floor. The rest of the temple to which he had come to restore now nothing more than barren waste left by scavengers and scrap merchants.

Walking out onto the promenade with his satchel of findings whether old books or stones he felt it again. The recent wars had left a dark cloud over most of his visions when in sync to the force, however, this lifted them but for a moment as if a gush of water and be let free of its reservoir diluted into the lands around. The image in his mind was clear and its calling was close, a strong pull to his mind images of a grand golden temple untouched by the dregs and wastes of war and time.

Returning to his ship he reached out to the beacon like feeling as if it were a signal to guide him as if it were calling him there. The engines spooled into their sublight setting and made quick work on the planet yet no scan picked it up only the force allowed him to gauge distance, time and space. Avin switched the controls to manual and closed his eyes reaching out for a guidance from the force beyond and when opened again his viewscreen showed the unbelievable. A temple in a shimmering condition and a sense of the force stronger than he had felt before. Stronger than the caves on Dagobah or Havens on Monastery. This was raw power from a time long before his.

The sentinel stood up from his chair and powered off all systems not that they were much use now anyway, whatever the power was it was throwing off the navigations controls. Starfire punched the ramp control leaving his blasters and armored plates behind only his staff tucked neatly under the back of his robes. He strode out to the shimmering gates and stared in awe before daring to take his first steps inside.

[member="Kroran"]

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

The hum and crackle of his lightsaber disappeared with the press of a button. Now all that Milo could hear was silence...and wind. Two doors that were closed were now opened, and all that came forth was emptiness and a noisy gust of air.

The former Ren reached out with the Force. He didn't feel anything coming from the Temple. There was someone behind him, though. While he wasn't nearly close enough to interact with, Milo could tell the person was a man. Force-Sensitive. He took care not to probe into his mind, not knowing if the other man knew of his presence yet. With a firm grip on his lightsaber, he would wait until he came forward to him before issuing a challenge.

​"What are you doing here?"

​One could never be too careful, especially with the amount of enemies Milo had accrued over the years.

[member="Avin Starfire"]
[member="Kroran"]

Avin's ear pricked as he heard a shuffle within the room, the almost ocean-like tranquility of the room made every presence and movement stand out as if it were a torch in the night. He reached out and felt the presence close to his own in the clean presence of the temple. Another being, a force user but whether light or dark he dared not pry. Avin dared not draw his weapon but let his right hand drop to the back of his belt in which the staff sat pride of place.

No sooner had he reacted to the shuffling and taken another four paces into the room a stern voice called out to him. The question simple but the implication behind the voice shrouded of true meaning. His own reply was a calmer response as not to induce any rash behavior from the robed individual he could now see centered in the vast room.

"My name is Avin Starfire, I am a Jedi Knight of the Republic's Jedi Order. I bring no quarrel to you my only intention was to investigate the disturbance in the force I sensed coming from this temple."

He pushed against the force lightly to allow his hood to fall into place on his shoulders as Avin bowed his head in the man's direction.

[member="Milo Ren"]

[member="Kroran"]

Milo Ren

Milo gave a stern look at Starfire's mention of him being a Jedi. He wasn't fond of the hypocrisy and arrogance of the Order. But the former Ren warned himself against casting judgement against others.

"If you bring no quarrel, we won't have a problem. I'm Milo. Likewise, I was drawn here."

He lowered his hood, revealing long platinum hair, green eyes, and a handsome, tired face. Milo then put hislightsaber back on the belt of his robes before inquiring the Jedi further.

"Tell me, what do you know of this place, Jedi?"

[member="Avin Starfire"] [member="Kroran"]

Avin felt the tension dissipate in the atmosphere of the room only a cautious air lingering in the force. The man looked worn and hardened from a past of conflict a drift from whatever he had left behind. Avin was nothing special in detecting the force however his own skills lied in studying people and their characteristics and even he was struggling to read the man. Alas being respectable enough not to try and take Avin's head off immediately then some progress could be made.

The Jedi awaited the figure to finish his second utterance picking up the inflection within his final reference to Avin as a Jedi. Clearly, the figure was not a classical user of the light side, well that suited him just fine even Avin's path had not been clear-cut then again whose was in these turbulent times.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Milo. As for this place well..."

Avin let his eyes drift over the carvings on the walls and the statues that adorned the corridors before finishing his sentence.

"Well... it seems with most temples here on Tython to be of the old republic era."

He ran his hand over an ancient carving of the Jedi Order's crest in the wall.

"No doubt some sort of temple or tomb for the Jedi, although for a Jedi not to be cremated after death is somewhat of an oddity yet it would make sense for a building of such power to linger of power long passed."

[member="Milo Ren"]

Milo Ren

"A tomb for a Jedi? Strange. It is usually the Sith who create halls for their fallen."

Milo pondered upon this new information. He came to the conclusion that standing outside the Temple would bring no answers to the purpose of the building. He abruptly turned and took a few steps towards the open doors of the Jedi Temple before stopping and turning his head back to look at the Jedi.

"I suppose you may accompany me."

[member="Avin Starfire"] [member="Kroran"]

The entrance to the tomb would let out a loud howl as the wind continued to escape from inside of the structure and out into the Garden causing the plants to blow back and some to be completely ripped from the ground from the powerful gust of wind. The birds and other forms of wild life proceeded to scurry away from the Garden and into their holes in the ground and trees that we're situated in the Garden. A white light suddenly glowed in the darkness that was the tomb, inviting the pair of Force sensitives to enter it and explore it's corridors.

[member="Avin Starfire"]

[member="Milo Ren"]

The Je'daii Order's newest Journeyer, Cecilia Wissen walked past the tomb's open gates. As she did so, she noticed that the lock had been destroyed. The footprints nearby confirmed her suspicion. Someone must be here now. If she had had a weapon, she would probably have moved her hand closer to it, but she did not. That was the reason she was here in fact. The Je'daii trained in Makashi, but possessing no lightsaber. She figured there must be some crystals somewhere in this place.

Cecilia walked into the courtyard, and was not surprised to see two figures leaving it. She ran towards them, a task unhindered by the dark brown field robes she currently wore. She had nothing on her apart from some rations, a hydrospanner, and a flashlight on her belt. She approached the two men. She could tell they were both force users, but which type, she could not tell. After spending so much time with the Je'daii, whose force auras were quite neutral, as was hers, she could not properly determine alignments. She called out to them. "Hey, who are you two? What are you doing here?"

@Kroran @Milo Ren [member="Avin Starfire"]

Milo Ren

Great. Another person. Another Jedi, by the feel of it, although her power wasn't substantial and she carried no weapon. Milo did little to hide his irritance at the newcomer as he gave a backwards glance and answered her questions with a simple response.

"None of your karking business, kid."

Then he kept walking, not caring if either of the two behind him followed. He was here for his own personal agenda, not to tag along with a couple of goody-two-shoes.

[member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Avin Starfire"] [member="Kroran"]

"Hey, what's that for?"

Cecilia tried to combine force speed and force jump, a mix that she personally called "Force bound", to get over to the man. She could have just walked over there, but he had irritated her. Also she needed practice with the technique. She was rarely able to pull it off. This time she did though, clearing the 15 meters between them in two steps and fewer seconds.

"Oh, nice!", she commented, rather happy she had been successful. She turned towards the man. "For a group that fancies themselves the humble and benevolent protectors of the galaxy and all that, you Jedi sure are a pretentious bunch. --well the ones I've met anyways."

She stepped ahead of [member="Milo Ren"], who she might have called "the Jedi", and walked in front of him for a second. Then she turned around and continued talking "I mean no offence, you're certainly good people, just closeminded. At least, that's what I've come to feel. Not all darknes--"

At this point, Cecilia, who was quite clearly rather excited stopped talking because she had walked backwards into a wall. Apparently the corridor turned or split. She sat down, partially because she was now slightly disoriented, and partially to calm down. She sat in a meditative position. When she spoke again a few seconds later, she was noticeably calmer.
"My apologies. This is the first time I've ever left Aurum since arrived. I saw much of the galaxy before then, but now, it's like it's all new again."

[member="Kroran"] [member="Avin Starfire"]

OOC: Milo, you really need to update your bio

Avin stood his arms crossed at the center as the young women entered with a swagger of youth he had not felt for many a year. A smile crossed his face as she reassured herself after executing a maneuver they had no doubt been trained in at whatever academy she came from. Her power while on display with acrobatic feat was still in development and what of it there was not well hidden either. Alas, he continued to step forward after his new compatriot [member="Milo Ren"] had sent a retort to the younger woman.

Avin moved to his side and spoke in a neutral tone "Well although I sense your annoyance any person that tread through such an unknown place should be of quite a concern to all of us. After all these ancient ruins have quite the history of trapdoors and flame pits."

He moved pass milo to the women sitting on the floor. Her talk on the Jedi order was most likely relevant and fair criticism of the old order but to heart, he did not take the words after all she was young and brash. As she collided with the wall and Milo seemed to storm off once again he took a knee next to her at the end of her final sentence and held out his hand.

"Do not apologize young one, no offense was taken on my end. As for my friend over there I cannot say. May I help you up?"

Avin left his hand lingering a warm smile cresting his hard battle-scarred face.

[member="Cecilia Wissen"]

Milo Ren

Milo sighed with annoyance as the young woman leapt over him and landed in front of him to only continue talking. It was slightly satisfying to see her back straight into a wall, though. He briefly answered Avin, who strode next to him.

"I'm not worried about traps. I'm more concerned that there's something...or someone...inside here we aren't supposed to disturb."

As the former Ren passed by Cecilia, he spoke with an air of aloofness.

"I'm not a Jedi."

[member="Avin Starfire"] [member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Kroran"]

Cecilia accepted [member="Avin Starfire"] 's hand, and stood up. "Thank you Jedi." she said, with a smile.

She turned to [member="Milo Ren"] . "Hmm. Not a Sith, of that I am sure. Malevolence does not follow you." Cecilia moved her mouth to one side, looking at him.

"Hmm." Then she smiled. "I truly still have much to learn." She sighed, then bowed to them both, offering an apology: "Forgive my insolence. I though I had learned more, but I still know nothing."

"I hope believe that I am and shall be both: light and dark, harmony and discord.", she paused, then continued speaking
"I came here seeking crystals for a lightsaber. I see now that I am not yet ready for one. Still, it was good that I came, for now I know this. I hope the next Je'daii you meet is wiser than I."

Cecilia walked back towards the entrance, and when she got outside, she sat down and closed her eyes with a sigh.

[member="Milo Ren"] Continued off down the corridoor with his attitude not improving as was expected. Avin had seen his kind before, well in fact he had felt the same way once upon a time a troubled soul no doubt looking for some kind of power or achievement to heal the wounds left. A shame for sure but the man would get over it they always did.

The young Je'Daii seemed to stand and talk rather fast in the next few moments. Her babble of harmony and darkness being rather reminiscent of old teachings from long ago and no doubt instilled in her by a master over and over again until her recital was engrained within her personality. Any order or military with an ideological agenda carried out the same type, his own order, for instance, was no exception as Avin more than knew yet a necessary evil to achieve a balance in the force.

Her swift exit was rather abrupt causing Avin to double take on what had just happened before patiently following the 'not a Jedi' down the winding corridors and deeper into the temple as the thudding of an entryway slammed shut behind them.

As Avin closed the distance between himself and the aloof figure he spoke again to learn more about the man's story and why in fact he was here on Tython and more specifically this temple.

"Well that was rather... interesting wouldn't you say?"

[member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Milo Ren"] [member="Kroran"]

Milo Ren

Milo looked behind him to see the Je'daii scamper off. He felt a twinge of guilt, which was rare for the hardened man. He answered Avin, internally finding himself. Would it really help to be a schutta to people? No. He would end up with more harm than good, and no companions.

"Hm? I suppose so. Seems to me she spent too much time in a classroom."

Internally, Milo sighed. Reaching out with the Force, the former Ren felt the presence of the young scholar and spoke directly into her mind.

​I apologize for my behavior. I suppose...you could join us. Power in numbers and all of that.

[member="Avin Starfire"] [member="Cecilia Wissen"] [member="Kroran"]

As the pair entered the Tomb the large hall lit up brightly from torches mounted on the large golden pillars lining the hall, Revealing the rest of it the walls of the Tomb we're made of heavy bricks of pure gold which sparkled off of the light sources. The Pillars themselves we're decorated in countless flawless jewels varying in different colors one of the pillars alone could set someone for life, to never work again in their lives or their children's lives. Down the corridor was a bright red rug which seemed to be in perfect shape with no scuffs or tears, the walls we're decorated with priceless works of art from artists of that area all depicting Jedi and Sith battling ruthlessly. Silver and Gold vases sat atop stools lining the corridors, and at the end of the corridor we're three doors labeled in ancient sith language. Them being labeled "Peace", "Knowledge" and "Force" the doors made from pure gold with a Jewel on each door from Blue to Red.

[member="Milo Ren"]

[member="Avin Starfire"]

[member="Cecilia Wissen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom