Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Terminal [OPEN 'hangout thread' - No Fighting!]

The hair on the back of Kohai's neck was standing on end. The cloaked teenager standing over her was getting angry, and it was putting her on edge. It was strange, there was an almost tangible aura permeating off of him, and she was getting hit full force.

Kohai picked up the pace, never one to allow herself to get distracted for long. She briefly weight the potential pros and cons of handing a lightsaber to somebody so angry, but decided it was ultimately not her business.

[member="Ballen-Ist"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Carden Lorps"]

Corvetta stirred, eyes still red but feeling less tired than she had been. Groggily, she sat up on the couch and scanned the small crowd assembled nearby. Kohai was still there, so that was a relief, but she did not remember the other two.

Stroking her fingers amidst her hair to remove the frizzing and any knots that might have been accumulated, the pilot nodded at everyone through her drowsy eyes and spoke up in a cracked morning voice. "Hey guys. What's up? Looks like I didn't get hauled to Kessel."

[member="Kohai Drenn"] @Harrip [member="Ballen-Ist"]

Harrip smiled at the joke. "Yah don't worry, you would not be taken to Kessel with friends around." He tried to make it sound like a joke. He instantly turned attention to her, removing any need to answer his previous question.

"You feeling better?" He asked, hoping that she would be fine. He trusted that a good rest would always help when one was not too well.

[member="Corvetta Salvo"]
[member="Kohai Drenn"]

The boy's mind would slowly begin to calm, the darkness that had surrounded it previously slowly clearing, but still lingering. Paying no mind to Carden, the teen's eyes would remain on [member="Kohai Drenn"]'s hands as she worked, noticing how they sped up. Closing his eyes only briefly, he would once again start to attune himself to almost living force that surrounded everyone, his focus being directed on the girl who worked for him. She was nervous, he could tell that something was putting her off. Surely it wasn't the exchange he had had with Carden. It was something much more subconcious. Drifting his pupils to the edge of his vision, Ballen-Ist would give [member="Corvetta Salvo"] a glance, his burning yellow eyes seeming to pierce into her very mind. And so they did, however there was nothing of interest that he noticed about her, his head quickly turning to his saber.

"Good terms, good terms hehe no we are not on good terms... your lucky I have a small amount of respect for you and I will listen to your warning now answer this question.... why do you show enough respect to warn me?" Carden asked the sith "I will leave after you answer the question. "

Kohai looked up from her work, smiling as Corvetta, "Hey there, Sleepyhead!" With a ceremonious flourish of her hands, Kohai made a final twist on the lightsaber, the last pieces clicking together. Looking down at her newest success, she turned it over in her hands a few times for good measure, until she was positive she had done it right.

Stretching her back and shoulders, a satisfying crack emanated from Kohai, much to her relief. I really gotta stop hunching over like that... Make's me feel all old after... Holding the saber up in the air, the blueprints wrapped around it like packaging, she whistled briefly, as I there was any need to get the owner's attention. "All done!"
[member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Ballen-Ist"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Carden Lorps"]

Extending his arm, the young boy would take the saber, holding it firmly in his hand along with the blueprint that had been created. Smiling briefly, he would pull his weapon closer to himself, holstering it onto the strap that hung from his belt. "What was the price we agreed upon? Five thousand?" [member="Kohai Drenn"]

Corvetta nodded at [member="Harrip"]. "Yeah, doing a little better, bud. Might only make it five days this round, though." She laughed, but she knew that what she said was hardly a joke.

The creepy kid with the yellow eyes looked at her, making full, silent eye contact and causing her to shudder a bit. He seemed rather obtuse but there seemed to be a hint of anger emanating from him. He did not make her feel comfortable, though she supposed if Kohai wasn't all that concerned then things must be alright. Still, that gaze was a little freaky.

Turning to her 'bodyguard', Corvetta smiled. "Hey, Ko-Ko. Boys treating you alright?"

[member="Kohai Drenn"] [member="Ballen-Ist"] [member="Carden Lorps"]

Five thousand? Right...

Kohai retrieved her scarf, rewrapping it around her neck a few times. She turned to her latest client, "Try ten. Was two at the start, and eight on completion."

Rising to her feet, she continued, "I can appreciate the effort though." With a wink, she playfully jabbed him on the shoulder.

Turning her head towards Corvetta, Kohai grinned, "Yeah, all's good. So far anyways."

[member="Ballen-Ist"] [member="Corvetta Salvo"]

Lifting his arm, the boy's palm would shoot upwards with speed, catching the girl's elbow as it attempted to prod at him jokingly. "Credits, mere currency. I can offer you so much more, on top of limitless credits." The boy spoke, his eyes flaring ominously. His words spoke of treasures and power to come in the future, however he was unsure how these common folk would react to such a thing.
[member="Kohai Drenn"] [member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Harrip"]

"Oh no. Not another Sith thing." Harrip thought to himself, being careful not to speak aloud. He really never trusted Sith. And their 'promises' of great fortune and power were never as real as they seemed. But then he was heavily biased against Sith, for his own reasons.

He turned around to [member="Corvetta Salvo"] asking, "So where are you from? Originally?"
[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Kohai Drenn"]

Corvetta bent her neck and rolled her shoulders until a few cracks could be heard, unwinding her tendons. The creepy kid was still creepy, promising fortunes untold to Kohai in his creepy kid way of creepiness. She raised a suspicious eyebrow.

Focus interrupted by the friendly stranger, the pilot acknowledged his attempt at conversation. She smiled wide, tongue humorously passing through her teeth. "I was born here. Seriously, right on this floating bucket." She stomped her spacer boot against the floor for effect. "Mom was feelin' kinda spacefree while dragging up from Taanab and odds are always in your favor you'll hit Brentaal."

She paused, wondering if that were something to be proud of or not. She decided it was. "Frakkin' snazzy, don't ya think?"

[member="Harrip"] [member="Ballen-Ist"] [member="Kohai Drenn"]

Kohai dropped her smile, pulling her clutched elbow back from the teenager before her. "That's a real shiny offer, but I'll just take the agreed upon price."

All that non specific talk was a bit too... non specific for her liking. Besides, she was a girl of simple tastes, and the term "limitless" was never all it seemed to be.
[member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Ballen-Ist"]

"It is. It is a very nice place to be born in. You have all you need right here, must have been pretty nice, eh?" Harrip asked, it was a nice place to live early on. To him anyways. Seeing as he had been from a worse off place this was a little paradise to him. He would have found this a good place to grow up, though he doubted if it were around when he had been growing up.

"You don't know what you're missing out on.." He spoke, lowering the arm he had used to block her playfulness. "You live the life of a mere commoner, the untapped potential within you remaining unknown." He spoke quietly, sensing the fear of others that stood and watched. They would never understand his Sith ways, and were incapable of doing so, unless they were turned. "Your life is much more than what it is now...I know." He aimed to explain, having taken an interest in [member="Kohai Drenn"]. He had sensed her nervousness earlier, and with that her untapped force energy. "Rethink this."

Kohai took a measured step back, keeping her eyes on [member="Ballen-Ist"] . "Look... I appreciate the compliment... or whatever, but my mind's made up."

Her voice didn't shake, but she was making no effort to hid the fists her hands had become. This conversation had gone somewhere dark remarkably quickly, and Kohai wasn't sure how she was supposed to handle this. "It's ten thousand, honest pay for honest work."
[member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Harrip"]

Corvetta chuckled at the curious one. "Nah, I didn't hang around. My parents are spacers so I ended up dragging around with them. Lived all my life aboard a freighter. Now I hop around on other hauls."

She was about to ask her new acquaintance where he was from when the yellow-eyed weirdo got extra freaky. "Hey, boss. Why don't ya kill the creepster fizz and dust off. Leave my buddy Ko-Ko here alone." Her hand ran inside the drapes of her long coat and to her belt as she stared down the crazy kid.

[member=Harrip] [member="Kohai Drenn"] [member=Ballen-Ist]

Harrip made sure to appear as if he was only focused on the woman in front of him. In actuality his eyes were only on her, but his ears were listening intently to the Sith nearby. He was always on alert when a Sith was near him, first the smell was horrendous to him, then his natural inability to trust a Sith after his few meetings with them.

He pretended to keep the conversation running, as much as he could. "So you are a pilot then?"

"...Leave my buddy Ko-Ko here alone." Her concentration broken, Kohai turned towards Corvetta's voice, her furrowed brow already replaced by an easy grin.

Without moving from her position, Kohai absently leaned back, falling lightly into an empty seat next to her. Releasing a sigh, the girl unbuckled her weighty belt, allowing herself a more comfortable sitting experience. She could further pursue her easy ten in a moment, it was a good time to cool off.

Kohai nonchalantly cracked her neck as she stretched. Hurray for interventions, that was getting intense...
[member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Harrip"] [member="Ballen-Ist"]

With Kohai taking a seat next to her, she felt more relaxed and her usual cheery self. Tension seemed to be easing for the moment, and suitably cushioned by the stranger's persevering small talk. A smile returned to her face as she nodded in the affirmative. "Yep. Pretty much grew up in the cockpit, though I also do a lot of engine work."

Suddenly, Corvetta realized that he had been moving the conversation without much help from her. She was not the classiest of folk, but she never ignored common courtesy. "What about you? Or have you been spicing?" she asked with a wry grin.

[member="Harrip"] [member="Kohai Drenn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom