Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The SWRP FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Project

Blogs can be anything you wish it to be:
Mine is the HWN (A quasi news show which covers subjects of interest with a Sith Slant to it.) I haven't posted anything new to it but I might under the banner Evil Empire stikes back or something, depending on how the 2nd battle of Junction goes.

On that note, if you think you have something news worthy or want to see in the news, send a pm to my news character @[member="Melissa Clairborne"]. I would be able to send you questions for the interview portion so I can post it on the board.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Having a FAQ is a wonderful idea! Think it will especially be useful to people who aren't used to this platform and have trouble finding things in the beginning. Here are some things that had me pondering when I registered as well as some things I'm always wondering when I join a SW site.

-- Can Force Users join Non Force User/Neutral Factions?
-- How do you join a Faction?
-- Is there an approved Force Powers/Spells list Force Users have to abide to?
-- I am an Adept/Elite on another site. Can I transfer my rank?
-- Is there a limit to how many characters/subaccounts we can create under our writer account?
-- What year is the board in? Is there a fixed timeline?
-- Can Force Users also hold Non Force User tags (like smuggler, pirate, etc.)?
-- My character's specie/home planet is custom made. Do I have to have it approved before using it?

Will add more when I think of them! Also, I agree with not letting members close their own threads (same as not being able to delete your own posts), they're easily abusable features even with the best intentions. The prefixes like completed, abandoned/uncompleted would be an awesome idea. :)

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Curupira Hawk said:
Having a FAQ is a wonderful idea! Think it will especially be useful to people who aren't used to this platform and have trouble finding things in the beginning. Here are some things that had me pondering when I registered as well as some things I'm always wondering when I join a SW site.

-- Can Force Users join Non Force User/Neutral Factions?
-- How do you join a Faction?
-- Is there an approved Force Powers/Spells list Force Users have to abide to?
-- Is there a limit to how many characters/subaccounts we can create under our writer account?
-- What year is the board in? Is there a fixed timeline?
-- Can Force Users also hold Non Force User tags (like smuggler, pirate, etc.)?
-- My character's specie/home planet is custom made. Do I have to have it approved before using it?

Will add more when I think of them! Also, I agree with not letting members close their own threads (same as not being able to delete your own posts), they're easily abusable features even with the best intentions. The prefixes like completed, abandoned/uncompleted would be an awesome idea. :)
-Yes. Force-users have joined Omega Pyre, Rebel Alliance, and can theoretically join any organization(Though Yuuzhan Vong relations would be stressed)
-Find the Faction you wish to join in the Faction page and press the button to join the faction you wish to enter.
-Not currently, or at least not that I am aware of, though common sense should be used when assigning powers. For example. having a character able to create a thought-bomb probably wouldn't fly.
-Yes. If you provide a link while posting in the Request Your Rank Title thread your rank will be transfers, but if you know current staff or mods you could talk to them personally and have them transfer it without posting in the thread. Though it should be noted we only have ranks for Force Users, and non-force user ranks are strictly IC.
-Don't know the answer to this question, sorry. Though I assume there is no limit. Jhar'Vohk has around/is nearing 10 characters, so I assume this won't be a problem for most people.
-The 400 year darkness ended in 837 ABY, but the current time is probably a few years later then that. To my knowledge a current time has not been established, only generalities.
-Yes, Force Users may hold any tag but "Non Force User"
-Yes. Custom Planets are submitted for review here while species are submitted here.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Thank you, Jaxton! :)
Though, this particular question is for newbies to have Force Users.
So the answer would be: No, because our Non Force Users don't have ranks. You can play various professions SWRP: Chaos, join various factions but Non Force Users or "Neutrals" as certain boards label them have been decided to not have ranks so just roleplay and have fun!
Uhh, I'm sure it can be rephrased but the idea was that FAQ should have a bit that indicates that Non Force Users have no ranks and thus, can't be transferred either.
But thank you :)

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
-Can I join multiple factions? Yes and no. You can join as many factions as you wish, but Faction Admins have free reign on kicking you out if they want too. So being in the Republic and the Sith at the same time won't go over well.

Sorry, it's late and that's all I got.

Jay Scott Clark said:
Winning. Wow. I can totally speak further in this context. I mean, if these were available when I started assisting with the Republic Faction, I would have had a smoother time,
  • Defining Major, Medium, Quasi, and Minor Factions and the Privileges of each. (I had no idea)
  • The importance of Delegation and having a back up. (Tegs was amazing and sexy)
  • Someone to go to and ask questions or report bugs to about the FactionCP and all the Buttons. (I eventually just pushed all the buttons)
  • A guide of how to talk to your members and communicate with those your serve as Admin. (I was completely totalitarian like Ceel)
  • A guide of how to organize your forums easily and avoiding 'Private Frat Club Secret Intro-Society' thingies. (Mason helped me a ton here. Cheers to him. I was lost.)
  • A guide to absorbing or incorporating Sub-Factions and Staffing them. (Winged this. Mistakes were made.)
  • A guide on how to go about creating Faction-Wide Policy while still communicating with your member base. (Feedback is good. Popularity can be misleading.)
  • A guide on transitioning leadership and the importance of IC Leadership Roles mixing with OOC Leadership Roles. (OOC Admins overruling IC Senators got messy)
  • When to allow a heated discussion and when to close an abusive argument.
  • The unique understanding of not allowing Alt-Lovers to swamp the Training needs of Primary Characters.
  • The unique understanding of not allowing Infiltration and Meta-Gaming.
  • Faction Tech Discussions, Working with the RPJ's, and Communicating with your rivals to build competitive gear. (Kaine was amazing in helping me build competitive PvP gear to match his own Sith stuff.)
I could go on for days. Anyway. You get the idea. As a Faction Leader? There is a lot to learn, a vocabulary to speak, and a way of interacting with people that must be achieved. Anything less requires more humility than I had. Haha.

Cheers. And good luck to all our Small Factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom