Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sith Triumvirate

PqOc7G0.gif
The Dark Lord is dead.
The Republic’s decay continues.
Opportunities arise.

[ Why? ]

Leave A Mark

The Triumvirate is opportunity. For character growth, for networking, for establishing an experience that eclipses the ordinary 'Sith Barbarism'. Your progression is not beholden to undeclared and contradictory 'hidden standards'. Rise to the height of corporatism, secret about as agents of dark order, or become what you wish. The choice and potential is there, and there for you.

A New Kind of Sith

Law, Order and Stability: these are the pillars of a thriving nation and the Sith Triumvirate knows it. Their philosophy has been inspired by Vectivus and Lumiya, resulting in a distaste for unnecessary mayhem, wanton genocide and unguided destruction.

Progression

The Triumvirs have spend most of time as Sith Lords collecting and archiving the ancient knowledge of past Sith. It’s here within the Triumvirate that you will be given the opportunity to train your character in any discipline of the Darkside you might imagine.

[ Hierarchy ]

• The Triumvirs: A coalition of three like-minded Sith Lords who have banded together to establish a nation founded on the values of order and security.

• Tribunes: The direct lieutenants of the Triumvirs. They act as the personal eyes, ears, and hands of Triumvirs. In all other respects, they command the authority of a Legate.

• Legates: Those Lords of the Sith that demonstrate leadership, ambition and clarity of wisdom. They oversee prolonged campaigns, projects, and may also be appointed governor of troublesome star systems. Aside from the Tribunes, the Legates have the most agency and freedom to accomplish the goals of the Triumvirate as well as their own. (awarded at the discretion of Triumvirs)

• Centurion: The most experienced and successful of Decanii is given the rank of Centurion. Centurions are the most frequently seen face of the Triumvirate’s leadership. Centurions can frequently be found leading platoons, commanding ships, space stations, or heading up vital projects for those of a less violent inclination. (awarded to Master-ranked characters)

• Decanus: Those uninitiated who proved most cunning and successful are given the rank of Decanus. This makes them a full members of the Triumvirate Order. Decanii enjoy few explicit rights and privileges outside the opportunity for both personal and political advancement. (awarded to Knight-ranked characters)

[ Story Until Now ]

It all began with the crumbling of a giant. The Techno Union was decaying fast and at the outskirts of this great nation a new entity took advantage of its weakness. The Triumvirs, defectors from the corrupt and shortsighted One Sith, turned on the failing state.

Betrayal is, after all, the way of the Sith.

They assembled a great fleet, consisting primarily of Primeval leftovers, the remnants of the once-mighty Fringe Confederation, and a traitorous One Sith Sector Fleet. Led by the notorious Catalys Maijora, this armada appeared over Ruusan without warning and quickly evicted the Union garrison, as well as the Imperium forces that came to aid them.

With no immediate opposition left, the Sith Triumvirate entrenched themselves on Ruusan, constructing mighty fortifications along the surface and a new Sith Academy within Valley of the Jedi.

With a capital secured, the Triumvirate now looks to neighboring systems. A wealth of ore-rich planets surround Ruusan, ripe for annexation. It is upon these natural resources the new Sith regime will manifest their destiny, spreading justice and stability to nearby sectors sorely in need of it.

For too long has the legacy of the Sith been one of pointless ruination and butchery. The Ruusan uprising marks the beginning for a new breed of Sith: those destined to rule the galaxy rather than destroy it.

[ QA ]

Q: So, I assume I have to be a Sith/Forcer to get involved?
A: Nope! We took a lot of inspiration from the Sith Empire of The Old Republic. Imperial Agents, mercenaries, stormtroopers, bureaucrats, fighter pilots, scientists: even the sky isn’t a limit. If people are interested, we will build it, it’s as simple as that.

Q: Yeah, yeah, okay. But at the end of the day this is just a vanity project, right? Three Sith Lords gathering people to worship them.
A: Definitely not. We are more interested in building up a cool foundation for you guys to play off than anything else. The Triumvirs will be very much a background scene, serving as a guide for the membership. The real focus is on the membership, to develop your character and mold the faction into what you guys want.

Q: I guess that sounds alright, but I don’t know. I am not really a ‘map game’ person and I am assuming all we are gonna do is try and spam dominions to color the map in green?
A: Oh, hell naw. Look, there is a reason the map game is the main qualifier of faction activity, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only tool in the shed. We are more concerned with writing a cool story than rushing dominions and spamming invasions until the other side dies. We will do a few dominions here and there, maybe an invasion if a cool opportunity arises, but the main thing is to have fun with it. That means working with our membership, but also working with the other factions to ensure a fun environment for all of us.

Q: Huh, that doesn’t sound all that bad, but level with me here. I hear this faction is run by ‘that protected clique’. You guys aren’t gonna allow people to rise through the ranks unless they are your pals, right?
A: Wrong again, Joe Roleplay! The only two requirements we have is that you are reasonably active and contribute to making this community fun and drama-free.

Q: AHA! So you expect us to post 24/7 like your own personal lackeys, I knew it!
A: Nah. We all got lives, work, class, lacrosse practice, you name it. All we want is equal opportunity for everyone to rise in the hierarchy. How bad is that really?

Q: I… guess. Honestly, Mister Triumph-Sith, this seems a little bit far-fetched. What’s the catch here? Do we gotta apply for a subscription? Pay ten bucks a month? Swear eternal loyalty to the faction and never roleplay in an other faction ever again? Come on. It can’t be this good.
A: What you see is what you get, Joe. The Triumvirate leadership has been around on the site for a while, and we got some experience with the faction gig. Part of this means we get that you guys don’t want to be micro-managed, talked down to or treated like our own personal slave army for the meatgrinder. We just want to have some fun with this and share that fun with all of you. Promise.

Q: Alright, fine, fine. I will check it out, where do I sign up?
A: Right here, sir! Enjoy your stay.

Further questions?
Tag Darth Adekos, Darth Carach, or Darth Orcus.

[member="Matsu Xiangu"] Good job Miss X. I'd like to bear this in mind for a villain of mine because I have the seed, but nowhere to plant it. This place looks the perfect soil to grow in.

Gardening puns a plenty there.

Sith Factions are like Kudzu. Once they are allowed to grow, only burning the whole forest gets rid of it. And even then, someone else may just reintroduce it to the ecosystem.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

[member="Fos Misao"]

Don't know what to tell you, brother. I assume it just got overlooked, because neither Adekos nor me were aware that you wanted to join up in the first place.

I apologize for the inconvenience though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom