Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sister Returns

At [member="Lavania"] 's intruction Salaza breathed deeper and reached out further. She began to feel the connection again. The spiritual web! The magics that came from the Winged Goddess herself and connected all life in the galaxy. That was the power the witches summoned to them, not some trick with the Force that needed to relay on emotion. This was true power at work. She could feel for miles around. From large lizards and sqwaking birds to the buzzing instects of the air and the burrowing ones in the ground. The planet was alive and she began to feel more and more apart of them.
"I remember...." she said aloud as she still sat there. "This feeling...this connection.... I can sense them. All of them. Dathomir speaks to me...and she is beautiful."

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania knelt down behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder as she slowly was communing with her world. The scents and sounds of it came then the heartbeat of it all. She spoke finally while pushing into the magics and bringing it forth to enhance all of their senses before she was moving. "Yes the heart of the world is there, the power and once you give it you can see it all. The threads of the world while you listen to a single thread each time a thread is pulled. It is how the seers of the sisters focused and when I saw into it the witches forced me to see it all. So much so that the only way I could stop it for a time was to carve out my own eyes."

Salaza perked when she heard the last part of Lavina's story and how she was the one who took her own eyes. She had a feeling they were taken by some violent means, perhaps i a fight or when coming up against an animal while trying to control it; like her rancor. But knowing she was the one who took them herself due to the overwhelming effects of the Life Web was understanable. As she thought about it Salaza told [member="Lavania"] "I took my time. Every day connecting little by little. It was....one of the few things I had done correctly during my initial training."

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania continued where she was and was listening to her speak. "Yes little by little you will learn, and grow. Stronger each time that you do it as well. Now rise and come we still have much to do and getting you a spider or rancor to roam around on is going to take some work. I like my comfortable seat atop my friend." There was a smile on her face while she kept the whip in her hand but was moving. "Come along now little sisters and we shall continue your instruction."

At [member="Lavania"] saying so Salaza stood and followed as she mentioned needing an animal to train. She stopped and said "I already have an companion. Of a sort." With that she felt it was time to show her amphistaff to her fellow sister. She held her right arm out and from her waist the serpant-weapon slithered out before coming up to her awaiting palm. It hissed to indicate itself to Lavania. "This is Nightshade. My amphistaff. She's proven to be a useful tool and friend when needed. But if you think I need something larger...?" she asked while stroking Nightshade's head.

[member="Salaza"]

She couldn't see the vong creature but there was something there she could hear while the creature was in front of her and she gave a nod of her head. "I see, but this bond with your creature what is it like. I am not familiar with vong tech and their compliance. That it does not appear in the force is a strange empty feeling." She looked at the staff and was moving though while she was motioning with her hands to follow. They had a creature to find and their magics were still at work. "Come then and bring your friend, we shall see what it can do."

With her words Salaza had considered what [member="Lavania"] said. It was true. In truth Nightshade and other amphistaff's were not really animals but advanced technology of the Vong. She looked at Nigthshade, considering this, before following her mentor again. "It may be true. She is not a real creature. Yet she is bound to me, and only me. If you feel, however, I need something ore organic then I will try. Besides, it never hurts to have too many 'friends'." Her tone had become more positive, a smirk growing at the corner of her lip. The idea of having a force of living creatures to fight for her was...intriguing.

[member="Salaza"]

She was walking and looked back. "You may keep it but be careful with it. We serve magics and not outside forces. We will rise but giving poeces of ourselves or being reliant on biotechnology can prove dangerous in the long run." She was walking though and the magics came while the staff tapped the ground. Small vibrations along the web of the planet to see everything connected until she was prepared and back in the present to follow the tril. Her nostrils were picking up the lighter scent of dried leaves in wet fur. "Did you learn how to enhance your grip to scale mountains and trees?"

Salaza understood when [member="Lavania"] told her not to be too dependant on biotech. Nightshade was the one exception for the sake of having such a unique weapon at her side. Better than a lightsaber as far as she was concerned. As Nightshade slithered back to her waist to act as a belt she stopped when asked if she'd learned to climb. "I'm afraid I had not reached that far into my studies..." she admitted.

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania was looking at her and her she spoke stopping near a tree as she touched it letting her hands glow with the magic. "Use your hands and push the magics into them deeply. Slowly let them become strong and sure as you can create an unbreakable grip for yourself." Lavania looked at her and started climbing up into the tree canopy.

As [member="Lavania"] climbed the trees after explaining what to do Salaza watched with the Force to see her reach all the way to the top. It was her turn but, of course, she was weary of failing this test. If she was to push the magic into her hands then she would bee to make sure they stayed there and did not force it's way out. One hand came to the truck of the tree, reaching up above her head. She waited for a moment and chanted within her mind. If she'd managed to easily connect with the life web then she could do this. Her hand remaind for a moment before she could feel what felt like a solid connection. She looked up, seeing the magics around practially glew it to the tree's bark. Her other hand came up as she did the same, feeling them connect deeply like roots. She looked down. It was time for her feet. She brought on up before feeling her body weight come into effect. Her hands still held as she brought the other foot up and, slolwy, began to disconnect each hand only to bring it higher. As she climbed the heels of her shoes dug into the tree to provide more stability. But often her hands would slip from a spot, an indication of how her conectration was waning. She'd managed a spot where she had one hand on a branch and the other still stuck on the tree. One heel in the tree and the other supported by another brach she passed. She was pressed against the tree and feared falling down.

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania was looking as Salaza came up with her and she was watching with the force as she clung to the treetop and there was something in the distance. She heard it moving and there was a shimmer in the force in the distance while she was trying to see it. Not a rancor but her friend was on guard while the breeze blew to her the scent of wet animal. She was looking back down to her sister and leaned keeping her staff on her back. "There is somethign else out there... and it is larger then I thought."

Salaza had looked up when [member="Lavania"] spoke. Something larger than a rancor was out in the distance? She turned her head and tried to see with her force sense gift. To her suprise she could sense it as well. Whatever it was it was large. If not in size then in power. This thing was lumbering it's way through the forests where both she and Lavania had passed, possibly following them. Salaza was worried now. She looked back to where her sister was and, realizing the need for haste, began to climb again. Not a perfect clib but she'd at least managed to finally make it to the top. Once she did she needed a moment to regain her breath before standing to try and better see what was out there.

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania moved finally from the tree, her energies pushing at them to have the creature in the sights and she lept out of it as something came past them. Large and covered in sections of forest. She motioned for Salaza to join her and she could feel dirt under her boots but there was a hardness below that. Strange trees seemed rooted on the top protruding from its back while the pace it was moving seemed to pick up and she crouched low. "I do not know what this is..." She felt the dirt shaking and below was a strange hard surface that she was slowly climbing up. Using the protrusions that were smaller as cover before the creature was aware of them. That was the small advantage they had right now.

When [member="Lavania"] moved Salaza followed behind, carefully studying what she sensed along with her sister. There was something very off about this creature, whatever it was. The trees were disturbed along with the ground beneth their feet. Salaza could sense the odd presence from whatever it was that was trumping through the forest. She worried that it was something new and unpreictable. Summoning her amphistaff to her hand the living weapon slithered from her wasit out to her hand before going stiff as a blade.

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania gave a nod of her head while she was looking at her sister. "Wait and do not attack. Listen and feel it." She was chanting low to work the magics, on her hands, on her ears and to quickly climb up the shell that was overgrown with things. Slowly Lavania was moving to get to a higher position and offered her hand to Salaza finding a good footing to keep scaling the creature. "We're going to be able some of the trees I believe."

Salaza nodded when [member="Lavania"] gave intruction. She kept nightshade close enough and at the ready before following again. She used the new spell she was taught to help climb up, still slipping at points but getting better. She took her sister's hand as they scaled up the creature's shell, she commenting "It's like a moving peice of the planet itself."

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania nodded to that comment the creature was large but she was holding on and with her sister before the creature seemed to stop moving. A branch struck her in the face while she tasted leaves until they were still. She felt the protrusions and gripped it while the sounds of the river came but beyond that they were not longer moving. She let the magic energies wash over herself while looking up. "We'll stay with it for as long as we can and see where it goes."

The beast had stopped and Salaza felt a sudden lurch. She gasped and held on as best she could, finding her claws dug into the tree along with the magics keeping the together. When it settled she turned, hearing the sound of water. Perhaps the creature had stopped to drink. It was unclear. She looked up when [member="Lavania"] said they could follow it for the time being and nodded, trying to gain a sense of where they were, where they were going, or just what motivated this creature to keep moving.

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania was in agreement with that, something was happening and she had found a place where she could balance and pulled at her sister to get her into the center of it. The creature was still not moving but with a center of gravity on its shell she could sit down and focus letting the force energies wash over her to try and see it in the force and try to see where it was going. "I do not think it will remain for long but find a seat and position to remain cautious we will work on some of your other spells."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom