Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sister Returns

The whispers and rumors had reached Salaza for what she felt was too long a wait. Dathomir. Her home. Her planet. The place where she grew back during the old republic era and while learning to becoming a wicth with the Nightsisters. Everyday she was reminded of what had happened and where she was now. Trapped forever in a different time and place. The Dathomir she knew was gone. The Nightsisters were either gone or scattered or devoted too much of their time to the ways of the lighter natured magic; the sort Salaza always found ineffective. Salaza felt lost. Her only companion during this entire endavour was her amphistaff Nightshade, a creature she found connection with when she obtained it from the Vong. And for the longest time Salaza wandered, trying to find some powerful eans of magic or another. She needed to regain her strength and her knowldge; including whatever new magics and the like were learned from this time.
But soon she had heard of a survivng Nightsister in the mountians of Dathomir. One who was learned in the old ways. Salaza had to find her. She needed to. The first shuttle she found , or stole if it were the case, brought her to the old Planet. The moment she stepped outiside and took in the deep breath of the world she felt a familiar sense of the place. It was like returning home, even of the home she knew was technically gone from this time. Her time for nostaglia had to wait as she made for the mountians. She recalled how usually the seers and stronger of magic users among her clan would come to these mountians for meditation and furthering their magics. If such a person still lived then they were the closest connection she had to her own time and the Nightsisters she knew and loved.
[member="Lavania"]

[member="Salaza"]

The mountains of the world gave way to lush fields while Lavania was chasing down some of the creatures. She had been searching and chasing it across the mountains but the creature was no where to be found. Just she had found footprints and tufts of hair, there were broken trees and branches while also letting the sight of the rancors who had fought something large came to her. Now she was moving through the forest on the side of the mountain when she felt it. Someone was coming into the mountains and the nightsister stood tall in the area of trees while she held her staff in her hands before letting a spell come to her so she could run and pass through the woods to search and find her. The mountains as the seer was coming about when she heard a sound that wasn't a rancor roaring but something larger.... off in the distance and she was moving to find this new presence on the planet.

Salaza continued to walk through the familiar grounds of Dathomir. She was so at home that she felt as though she knew every possible place and distinct placement of things from the trees to the rocks and even the anials that roamed about. She stopped when she began to feel it. Something large in the forests. A rancor perhaps. A sign that the rumors may have been right about this Nightsister who dwelled on the mountians. The way she'd been walking was almost like a glidning motion, given how feint her steps were. The training of a true nightsister on how to use stealth among other techniques that relied on being unnoticed. There was something else at work. Another source of magic. The Miraluka quicked now and began to show a more quickening pace to her steps. She had to find this sister. She needed to know what she did. Despite it being someone not of her time she just wanted some proof, some living fraction of what was in this time and place.
[member="Lavania"]

[member="Salaza"]

The feeling was there as she could see her now and Lavania picked up speed, the green mists of the spirit ichor enhanced her speed so she could rush and find the signature in the force. She lept over a rock she could feel with the force before her body stopped and she was standing in the field letting her signature within the force be felt. She searched enhancing her senses before crouching a little to be ready in case of a hostile threat. She sent a message in the force to her rancor the friend was around and the tyrant rancor loved scaring ones who came after her. "Someone is here."

A flare of magic had caught into the Force Seeing sense of Salaza; a gift she was always glad the Mirakula had inherently. She finally stopped when she felt the presence did as well. There had been a point where both seemed to be coming towards each other before the one had stopped. This had to be the Nightsister she sought. Salaza had stopped as well just within the field while looking around and trying to "see" her. Of course after a moment she knew the witch in question was not going to up and show herself so willingly. They were taught better than that.
"I come in peace, sister!" she called out, her voice like an echoing hoarse whisper. "I have come seeking you to know that my people are not all gone from time. I am like you, a sister of the night and a following of the divines. The Winged goddess and the Fanged god. Please, I ean you no harm!"
[member="Lavania"]

[member="Salaza"]

The feeling of the sister and the sound of her voice brought Lavania around as she moved finding her. Her headdress covering her eyes while she was moving forward now and looking at the woman in the force. Her staff coming out for a moment before she stopped standing in front of the sister. Her aura feeling there and Lavania felt better, she felt something coming from her people and like she wasn't aline while she came forward looking her over. Hands roving across her face to make sure she was real while she tore away her headdress reveal a sash and scars. "I thought my mind was going mad, lost here with none of my sisters alive. It is maddening."

As the fellow sister apporched, finally, Salaza was relieved to know she was right. Someone was here, and she felt a kinship with them right away. She watched as her hands came up and felt around her face, the most she would feel, however, was Salaza's headress and how ridged it was. The shape of it was almost avian, adding to the bird-like effect she had with her cape of feathers and clawed gloves over her uniform. Even when [member="Lavania"] pulled her own headress away Salaza could not exaclty see them but knew they were there. She wanted this woman to know that she was real and to let her know she was not afraid. For the first time in a long time Salaza removed her headress in front of someone, her long raven hair falling down and revealing her eyeless face. She took one of her hands and brought it up so she could actuallt "see" it without being clouded by the false image of her helmet.
"I may not be one of your sisters, but I am a child of Dathomir. And I am real. And I am here." she assured her. "I am called Salaza."

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania could feel the rigidness of the headdress her sister had for a moment as it was taken away and she could see in the force her hand coming up. The new scent of hair coming free while she was looking her over and her short blonde hair as she spoke. "I am Lavania, the last sister from the spider clan. When our sisters warred with each other I was not there, I saw the nightsisters die from across the planet and now there is nothing. I have been here alone teaching any who comes while accepting my fate." She slid her hands to feel more and the feathers, the hair, the clawed gloves had she wondering what she was wearing but she couldn't see it.

While she countied to feel her Salaza listned to [member="Lavania"] explain what happened to both her clan and the Nightsisters themselves. The news had broken her heart in knowing they destoryed themselves. A somber look spread across her face while Lavian now felt her cape. She looked around to the point where she looked both upset and confused. "We...we did this? To ourselves?" She bit her lip, wanting to curse them for being no better than others in the galaxy, but stopped herself short. Her helmet remaind in her hand as she said "This Dathomir is..." she stopped herself from going on. She didn't know if now was the right time to tell her origins to this woman. "Lavina, sister of the Spider Clan, I've come to you to seek knowlegde. But now that I have seen what I have I feel I should join you. Together we may be able to rebuild the sisters to the glory they once held."

[member="Salaza"]

She listened to her and backed away just a little. This one had come for training and her thumbs were going over the eyeless woman's face. "We were divided, the nightsisters some wanted to follow the elder Petra, others wanted to join with Kiyala.... The ones who were with Kiyala here were attacked and the ashes are what remains. Some are left, some are alive I am certain of that but we have not seen each other." Her hands cradled her face while she spoke. "I can teach you, the nightsisters might take years to rise but we can bring them back from the ashes.... My little sister."

More saddening news to Salaza's ears. She lowered her head before [member="Lavania"] had picked it up by continuing to feel her face. It was somewhat ironic the more Salaza thought about it. The last two true sisters of the night and both were blind in one sense or another. But hearing her say how she would help rebuild the clan, and then calling her "little sister" had brought a deep emotion from Salaza's heart. Being called that was something no one had done in a long time. She gave a weak smile before her hands came around, hugging Lavania close.
"Thank you..." she said on the verge of tears.

[member="Salaza"]

That was all she needed and she was on the verge of tears while she was moving towards thoughts of what they could do. She could feel her rancor coming while she spoke. "Then we shall begin now, there is much to do and your skills need to be nurtured." The look while Lavania pulled back a little and pulled her hands away. "We should be moving, there are other things here, things that are not our rancors or slaves." She was feeling something on the edge of her senses and picked up her sash and staff while remaining there for a moment. "Focus must be on your magics and powers.

When [member="Lavania"] pulled away and mentioned things not under their control Salaza nodded; despite knowing she would not see. Her ampthistaff, Nightshade, seemed to stir as well. For the longest time it remained silent around her wasit like a belt but now it was sensing something as well, prompting Salaza to follow Lavania to wherever they would need to go to further progress her own skills. She fixed herself before putting her helemet back on, envoking her more avian-like apperance, before saying "I will follow. And I will help. Lead the way."

[member="Salaza"]

There was a look as she smiled to that, fixing herself just a little bit and getting ready to begin. Lavania stood tall and at the ready before she was leading the way through the fields and towards their goal or at least one of them. It was better to practice in the field but she had never really taught another sister who shared her situation. They'd have to be careful while moving. "Then we shall begin now with what skills you have learned before. The refreshing of the basics while we move through the mountains will be handled then we'll move to the stronger magics."

When asked Salaza was a little embaressed to say the truth. She knew she would be judged as her other sisters used to judge her, but that was a different time. The order may not have changed but the mentaility was another matter. She sighed before answering "I'm afraid not much. I was a....slow learner, in my clan. I haven however, becoming prominant in influencing the perception of others. Making them see what I wish. Clouding their vision and the like. But I've been....out of practice. In a sense..." She knew it would sound odd but that was the only way she could truly convey it. There was so much to say and yet not enough time to fully explain. At least not now.
[member="Lavania"]

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania looked at her. "Then I'll just have to tech you, there is no shame or problem in that. The power is always there for each of us and you need to find a way to bring it to the surface. For some it is focus, some use violence. Me I prefer serenity." She held her hand up for a moment. "Not like the jedi or lightsiders but a calmness that can wash over you while you fo what you want. Focus and being focused within dangerous or turbulent situations." She continued and was moving back into the focus while offering her hand and guiding the way forward with her staff.

Despite what [member="Lavania"] said Salaza still felt a little embaressed by not knowing what she should have. And she called herself a Nighsister? After that she listned to the sort of methods Lavina herself used with her magics, almost scoffing at the idea if not for being respectful to someone with a higher rank than her. "I have my own uses with magic. But please teach me what you can. I've been asleep for too long and have almost lost my connection with the gods. It's almost haunting to know I have come so far to be so low..."

[member="Salaza"]

Lavania looked back at her while she moved towards the deeper parts of the woods. "You are not low but you are out of practice. We shall work on that and seek to raise your skills up with your magics. The first thing we shall work on is the channeling of the magics. I want you to use it to expand your senses outward and search the woods for the creatures." She was moving as she held her staff and was pointing out towards the woods where she was searching for the creatures and now though had some help with ideas.

She admired that [member="Lavania"] was so kind to her. The same could not fully be said for the sisters she grew tih in her time. Still at least she was open and willing to build Salaza back into the warrior of magic she needed to be. With intructions finally given Salaza calmed herself before sitting on the ground and meditating. In her mind she chanted the old language of the Nightsisters as she reached her sense outward trying to find any and all placeent of animals and creatures that teemed the area. For the first few moments nothing seemed to be working but she continued to chant on and on, remember why she ws doing this and what it all meant. Having pupose behind her actions provided motivation to strive onward, something she intended to do without hesitation. Finally...
"I sense....a rancor. A large one. It's....there." she pointed towards the woods where she knew it was lurking.

[member="Salaza"]

"That would be Tatica." She looked towards the rancor and it was staying there for the time to watch her and protect should something happen while Lavania slowly uncoiled from her skirt to form a whip that she had a pommel from her small bag connecting them. The small barbed teeth along it for ripping flesh from the body while she held it lightly on her hand. "Continue to reach further into the magics and expand them more, the life of the creatures is there, now hear them. Their blood as it pumps throughout their bodies, their heart beating, the sound of fear in them when they run away."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom