Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shindig Job [The Kathol Outback and friends]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"All ships, this is Captain Alec Rekali. Thanks for getting to Terminus on such short notice. We've got a bit of a specialized problem, y'might say, and it's all hands on deck.

"You know we've run into some trouble with the Qektoth Confederation. We know'em for cyborg biotech, war crimes, human experimentation, Sith nastiness, and guns that can straight-up bypass our shields. No fun to mess with, and a big part of our work lately has been bottling them up, keeping them isolated. Well, we goofed.

"In two hours, the Governor's Ball goes down here on Terminus. We cracked a Qektoth agent who admitted there's a lot more like him going to be attending the Ball. They're here to make friendly with the government of Terminus, and that can't happen. They're also here to make contact with agents of the First Order, we think, and that definitely can't happen.

"So here's what I did. I used a really stupid amount of my grandpa's money, and got a bunch of invitations and fancy clothes. Fancy by Terminus standards, anyway. Frontier chic. Think tailed coats and ruffles. Tonight you're all Outer Rim hoity toity folks, and all your screwups of decorum are because you're from the fething Outer Rim.

"I've also got a few jury-rigged handheld sensors that'll let you pick up Qektoth implants if you're about a metre away from someone. Keep'em in your purse or something. We don't know who the Qektoth agents are. Could be anyone. Fortunately, we don't think they know we know they're up to something, so they won't be looking for you.

"When you land, Underground runners will get you your invitations, fancy duds, and short-range Qektoth detectors. Get into this fething shindig and be subtle about it. Last thing we need is to piss off Terminus. But we also need to send a message to the Qektoth.

"Our job is to identify, and then capture or kill, every single Qektoth agent in there. We don't know how many there are, we don't know what they look like, and we can't do any of it openly. Lure people into cloakrooms, jump them on balconies, seduce them, drug them, cosh them, slice them, shank them -- I don't care what or how you do it. All that matters is we get as many as possible, and we were never here. People just start...leaving the party early.

"We pull this off in plain sight, or bad things happen. Let's do this. All ships: get fancy."

tumblr_njbt0tnV5z1tf48o1o4_400.gif

614345681.gif
"Right, I officially feel really, really... Exposed." Ria managed to quip as she pulled the dress down. "Is this how this thing is even done? Do I look okay?" She asked one of her fellow Underground runners. "I'm a fething decker, not some socialite - and this entire thing is starting to ride up." Sighing she nodded along with whoever was talking. "Right, right just show me which way the punch bowl is."

"Ria, it's a ball not a secondary school dance." A girl saddled up beside her, "and you look fine."

Ria raised a brow, "okay and you are?"

"Gigi Loren."

Seriously. "Gigi?"

She nodded and checked Ria over. "Looks good, c'mon let's go mingle."

"Also how did you know my name?" The blonde whispers as they're whisked out onto the ballroom floor where the fanciest type of music was being played by an actual live band that felt more like a chamber orchestra.

Gigi was a redhead, and curvy, very curvy. She had pale skin, blue eyes and a lot of makeup at least from what Ria could see and so Gigi whispered. "You said, hi I'm Ria and then proceeded to faint."

"Sounds like me, I think." Ria remarked with a hint of skepticism, although as she now looked Gigi over again, maybe fainting was the sorta thing she would've done. Gigi was way more woman than Ria could have ever thought possible to handle. The music as aforementioned wasn't your typical holonet pop sensation. The young blonde sighed as she looked around, "so we're supposed to be-"

She was reeled into a face full of Gigi as they began to dance. "We're here enjoying the ball put on by our friends in the Confederation, my sweet summer child."

Ria glanced around to try to find any one of her more recognizable friends from the Underground.

[member="Alec Rekali"]

Nothing says party like a bow tie... Yeah bow ties are cool, or at least that was BB line and he was sticking to it. It felt weird being out of his usual red trenchcoat but when in Terminus and all, need to dress like the natives. Walking into the ballroom he waited before looking around at the fancy decorations. Well, Outback fancy anyhow. Quite cute in fact and nothing as grand as the stuff he had seen on Kesh. Yes sir, old grumpy pants himself [member="Solan Charr"] wouldn't allow anything but the best for his kingdom.

The local guards checked him for weapons before letting him in. He knew they would find any. Coming armed to a social event was a big no no, but he had still managed to sneak a few sedatives and a handheld sensor he dressed up to look like a pocket watch through. Still, it felt weird not to have a stunner or even his Shoto saber on him and if things got sticky he would need to get creative for sure.

Surveying the landscape he saw it was a target rich environment, in more ways than one. Chicka's of all types were around tall one, short ones, red hair beauties and blond bombshells. Speaking of blonds was that... no, it can't be... wait it is!

[member="[SIZE=14px]Ria [/SIZE][SIZE=14px]Misrani"][/SIZE] cleaned up nicely and that slinky black number hugger his slicer frame like a glove. Seeing an opening BB snuck over to her as she danced with curvy red, careful to duck behind other guests as Ria looked around. Slowly he crept up behind her till he was only feet away and then he pounced!

Grabbing her around the waist he lifted her up before spinning her around and into a warm bear hug. Setting her down on the ground he wore a big grin on his face as he said...

"Ria, how ya doing beautiful, finally got to sneak up on you for once!"

[member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Alec Rekali"]

He frowned with distaste as he sized him self up in the mirror, the pink shirt he wore mad his skin look much darker, and he decided against his better judgement to keep the suit jacket on. The black tie was a little uneven, so he straightened it up before sighing and rising, making his way down the stairs to the main floor. He had already sub concisely checked every exit, and all other possible exits. The sounds of the party greeted him as he jumped down the last three steps, making a woman standing there nearly fall over. He blushed nd gave her smile and a mumbled "sorry"'

Then he saw Bryce pick up Ria in a bear hung, and he wondered if he should "one-up" him and wrap both of them up in his much longer arms. The thought made him smile, and he could be very stealthy when he deemed it necessary, so only a split second before either Bryce or Ria could maneuver out of the way, he wrapped them both up in a very tight hug and lifted them up, before spinning in a circle and then setting them both down after about 5 spins, that must've made them dizzy, but he just flashed them his smile and patted Bryce on the shoulder before taking Ria's hand, and kissed it softly. Not the one for chivalry, but this occasion just called out to him, and he wished to.act accordingly.

"Ria, Bryce... both of you look great tonight!"

[member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Ria Misrani"], [member="Alec Rekali"]

FETHING ABYSS! Ria didn't even get to squeak it, at least not when she'd been spun about by both Bryce and Nate. As soon as she was set down, and as soon as Nate was done with his chivalry, which admittedly she sorta liked. The young slicer took a moment to breathe, grabbing three glasses of champagne - she'd have grabbed four but Gigi slinked off to dance with an older lookin' fellow who was all too pleased to be dancing with a voluptuous woman like Gigi. Ria handed one glass to Bryce and the other to Nate, even if they didn't drink it would keep up appearances. She knew that much anyway, but Ria practically chugged her little flute down. "Hi." She finally says with her typical grin, "nice to see you two again, and."

Ria took a step back and looked them both over. "Might I say the two of you clean up rather nicely." She approved, although she leaned over and adjusted Bryce's bow tie. "And yeah, definitely got me there that time Bryce, but you know. I know all the little hide away places on your ship." She tipped the now empty flute toward him and added a wink.

"Do either of you have any actual idea what we're doing, besides trolling the FO and the Q?" Her little shorthand words for the First Order and the Qekoth Confederation. "Also, were we all suppose to get those little things that test the- and yes, I." Ria noticed some eyes looking their way so she sorta drummed up a little 'talk.' Clearing her throat as she began. "I agree we should combine our resources with the Order and make those within the Alliance and the Resistance pay." She had no idea what she was saying, but it sounded really official and maybe enough to keep prying ears away from their conversation. "And do we actually have a plan?" She whispers leaning between the two of them, "because I remember what happened on that derelict ship and I'd like to avoid having my face being anywhere near danger again."

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]
[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Nothing made Dev wince more than the term "fancy dress".

"What a reductive term. Fancy dress..." he muttered as he straightened his bowtie. "As if there was any other kind at galas such as these. 'why, thank you for the reminder. Otherwise, I'd have come slinking in wearing a gold vac suit with a busted crotch zipper and a pink Tusken Raider mask."

Ellem chortled as she stood in the door way, gentle rotations on her access keeping her steady but always in a state of perpetual motion. Dev had not dressed this well since his parents' salad days on Cloud City. The dress at the time was a bit fancier than this -- Cloudites imagined themselves the arbiters of galactic fashion. For all his no-frills habits, Dev was no different. He was conditioned to have an eye for the politics of style. Dev admired the rugged demeanor of Terminus high society, however. It was a bit duller in color, a bit less flashy, but nonetheless designed for the purpose of shock and awe.

"How do I look?" Dev turned to his ball droid, arms outspread. His three piece suit of deep rust was cut tight against his thick frame, the tailed coat giving him a masculine, hourglass silhouette. Tying the suit together was an asymmetrical mustard-tinged vest. His white shirt popped behind his midnight blue bowtie. From less pressing eyes, it was black. Ellem honked a positive endorsement from her vocal unit and rolled forward, two small shivs emerging from thin storage outputs on her top dome. Dev took them by the handle and slid them into the back heels of his boots.

"Thank you, friend. You're going to have to stay behind on the ship, but keep our comm channel open. If I need backup, I will call. Use the back entrance and blend in with the other service droids like we discussed."

Ellem nodded, rocking her dome. Dev patted her on the head and made his way off the ship. This was his first mission for the Underground, and with the prospect of ruining The First Order's day, he could not be more excited.

==

From the top of the stairs leading down to the bustling ball, Dev could make out a shock of red hair -- Bryce, his contact in the TKO. He fiddled with his sedative pill-storing cufflinks on either wrist and made his way through the crowded hall. Our hero knew nobody else in this group. This was his maiden voyage into the Outback, and it excited him to no end to be on a side that shared his views.

Also, Dev was lonely. He spent the better half of three standard months talking with his ball droid. There was a great risk involved in missions like this; for all they knew, it could be a trap. But the draw of it was belonging to a new team, or just belonging. Against his better judgement, he'd hoped to make a decent showing... and also not get caught or killed, of course.

Drawing closer to the circle of his fellow comrades, Dev straightened his posture and slowed his gait to match his attire. He took in a slow, deep breath, and attached himself to their circle.

"Good evening, all."

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Bryce Bantam"][member="Ria Misrani"][member="Alec Rekali"]

The new guy... BB hadn't expected him to make it into the outback for another few days. He must have either made good time, or had one hell of a navigator. Either way, he was here now and reinforcements were always welcome. Bexel had waited politely for Ria had finished before making his presence known. To make sure the interaction seemed to reflect the others BB over zealously welcomed Bexel into the group before giving him a bro-hug and whispering in his ear...

"Welcome aboard, you got your Q tracker?"

Backing away he took Bexel by the shoulders and shook him lightly before turning to the group saying...

"Yes my cousins here, now its' a party!"

[member="Bexel"] | [member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Alec Rekali"]

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Bexel"]

As a woman more at home in docking bays and dive bars, Runi Verin had never felt so out of place as she did now. Gone was the usual array of dirt and engine grease that frequently marred her features, the scruffy flight jacket and lopsided toolbelt. Gone the curved bladed beskad, the heavy cut-down blaster and the set of knives she secreted about her person. Replaced in kind by a neat little dress, one that skirted the edges of revealing a little too freely for the woman to feel comfortable in, displaying assets she scarcely remember she had, let alone felt the need to show off. Before now, the only lace Runi had concerned herself with was the type that came with a boot. And what was up with those frills?

The biggest crime of the evening, however, presented itself at the open bar. Honestly, those slender stems of golden bubbles might have satisfied the upper class, but what kind of party didn’t have a bottle or six of tihaar on hand? And they had the audacity to call themselves civilised. Runi snorted softly as she slunk her way through the crowd, her stonewall expression and general sense of unease allowing her to cut through the throngs in the same manner of that of a Nabbo clawswift clearing a shoal. Yet it was an obviously flawed imitation given that one of the happy-go-lucky dandies, a word that so painfully described the man down to his sparkling grin and debutant-level hair, intercepted her flight for freedom.

My lady, I cannot help but think a dance would turn that fro---

Kark off.” There was a beat before she remembered the true purprose of this evening, the reason she was forced to wear this get-up and make nice with people that wouldn’t have spared her a second glance any other time. Begrudgingly she expanded, the strain of effort practically visible in her voice, dragging out the lines like a washed up politician with a faulty holoprompter. “I mean It was... kind of you to offer, but I... respectfully decline.

Undeterred or perhaps plain simple, she honestly couldn’t decide which, the dandy flashed that smile of his again and doffed a little bow of all things. “Perhaps later then? I shall look for your dance card!” And then he was gone, flouncing through the crowd once more.

’lek, you do that.” She was kriffed if she knew what he was talking about, but if it kept him happy and preoccupied, more power to him. She shook her head and resumed her path towards the balcony. “Fierfek, I need a drink.

Ria had placed her empty flute on one tray and grabbed a full one off another. Clearing her throat as she tugged at the dress, her eyes wandered off for a moment. Gigi was enjoying herself which was fine although admittedly, it made Ria long for that kinda thing. To be able to just attach yourself to anyone and be happy. Kark Ria girl don't go gettin' soft or sappy. Her eyes went wide when she saw, wait - wait, that's Bryce's cousin? Fething abyss I'm gonna need more to drink . Admittedly, this guy was built and well - well, Ria didn't mind the view as she worked on her second flute

It was as she got about half way through the flute that she saw someone on the balcony overhead. Slowly, she lowered the glass and handed it off to Bryce with her eyes still focused on the woman up there. Her eyes opened wider than they had been all night, but the expression on her face was one of awe. A smile crawled along her face, and the words escaped, "wow..." And in this moment, it was as if the entire world had melted away. "I'll be back guys." She says while moving away from the boys, making her way through the crowd.

Runi was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, a hand now splayed against her chest while the other picked up at the seam of her gown. Her eyes followed the brunette as she ascended the flight of stairs toward the brunette, they were barely friends - if they could call each other that. Ria stood there at the top of the stairs admiring and with a deep breath, she exhaled taking a step forward. "You look amazing." Her voice called out from the side, as she approached Runi. "Ru."

[member="Runi Verin"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Bexel"], [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Alec Rekali"]

Matthew Robinson

There's an herb for that.
[member="Alec Rekali"] [member="Ria Misrani"] @Bexel @Nate the Bounty Hunter [member="Runi Verin"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Matt came up along Bryce's side and gave him a good cuff-punch on the shoulder. Bro-things. Hazel-eyes squinted between Bexel and the red-head. "Blimey, cousins, eh?" The herbalist-medic shrugged.

"Names, Matt. Don't listen to anything Brycey tells you about me. Unless it's good." He nodded at Nate, too. That chap looked familiar from that meeting that one time.

And once again, the red-head knew all the ladies. Matt's eyes lingered on the blonde as she flitted away. Seriously, why wasn't he dyeing his hair red by now? His 'Q-locator' beeped in his pocket. Playful-brows pulled into something a bit more serious.

"Looks like operation bag and tag can begin."

Bryce could be smarmy later.

2hwcmz4.jpg

Solan watched his apprentice [member="Bryce Bantam"] in silence, having not made his own presence known to the kid. His hands touched at the glasses on his face as he sat off to the side of this little room of theirs. He was not here as part of their little mission though, instead he had shown up to meet with the Governor early as he had been doing in the recent months with nearby worlds. Strange enough this was one of the last worlds on his list with only Kal'Shebbol being after it. What brought him to this little ball was simply timing and he rested his chin in his hand while choosing to send Bryce a message telepathically, letting the kid find him or not. "Beautiful? You didn't tell me you had a crush Newbie."

If Bryce would find him among the others, only a small smile would greet the younger counterpart, reaching across his face with a small widening of his grin to greet the boy's eyes. Otherwise he sat there with a glass in his hands, drinking from the liquid in it and simply enjoying the sight of others dancing and talking. He thoroughly enjoyed balls to more see the happiness of people, balls brough such pure emotions that his empathy was in a state of bliss while at them. It was the same reason for his own balls and festivals, enjoying how others were feeling over his own enjoyment of the event. The last festival he had even skipped the ball to walk through the streets.

He waited though for those in the room to get started with their purpose here, knowing that they weren't just here for a good old fashioned dance. It was probably something more and his hand touched at the inside of his sleeve, feeling the tip of his saber and smiling as he was ready to draw it out if need by. But until then he was silent and watchful, enjoying the sight and feelings around him while the others all drew their own satisfaction from the event.

lG6nR5U.png

Who knew parties better than a Zeltron? Unfortunately, it had been an embarrassingly long time since Joza had indulged in merriment. Her fellow pink-skinned humanoids would cringe at the thought of her spending most of her time wrapped up in shapeless robes and resisting her baser pleasure-seeking nature. Frankly, Joza had enough of it as well and figured that one night would be enough to sate her instinctual cravings.

She would have to be careful. This was not the sort of place one should go wild at, especially given the task at hand. No, this was a mission. With dancing, alcohol, and attractive wealthy people everywhere. There was no humid jungle air to mess up her hair, no freezing to death on Ilum, no raging beasts who were looking for their next meal. Just some people that needed to be offed, apparently.

Perhaps her outfit was a bit risqué, or at least that’s what she gathered from the eyes she felt on her while drifting through the crowds. Some lecherous, some disapproving, all probably totally jealous of the way the cut accentuated her long legs or how the dress fit tightly against her body. Still, miles ahead of conservative by Zeltros standards.

With confident strides, the pink tinted partygoer honed in on her first target for the evening: drinks. Drifting towards the nearest server, she would end up near [member="Runi Verin"] just in time to witness the girl tell a potential dance partner to kark off. The sudden sharp tongue made her snort in an unladylike manner, brushing off the arched brow of the serving boy as she plucked a full glass of something from the tray he was carrying. “Not your type?” She would pass the comment along a moment before [member="Ria Misrani"] called out to her friend. Joza’s eyes would track to the young man as he retreated into the throngs of people. Not my type either.

Content to scope out the area and people-watch for potential allies, green irises would wander towards the most familiar presence—was that [member="Solan Charr"]? What was he doing here? Her gaze shifted, next onto [member="Bryce Bantam"], her fellow Red. He was in the company of [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] and [member="Bexel"]—two men she did not recognize. Night’s just getting started. Don’t get too excited.

MSDfoufy4.jpg

While the rest of the TKO types gathered togethered and gossiped and flirted, Julius was being... Well... Julius... He had spent a fair amount of time chatting up the bartender, a Cathar named M'aiq with his left ear missing. They had swapped a few war stories, Julius had given him a bottle of Absinthe Aing-Tii to try and hand out, and they had swapped drink recipes even. The result was he could probably as much of anything he wanted and it was on the house. Quite a handy little feature and boon, that, particularly in wining and dining guests he needed to un-invite to the party.

Mingling to the floor as he felt the tracker go off, he spied a stern looking woman all by her lonesome as he dance his way through the crowd to a nice little pop-ballad. And drew the amused chuckles of many a ladies, blushing behind fans, while men merely scowled and eyed him distrustfully. And with more than a little justification if he were perfectly honest. It was hard to not be suspicious of a man that seemed to have the eye of every woman in the place. The idea here was he would be himself, and make a bit of a scene.

The others? Well they would have all the more time to split up, pick targets, and do what needed to be done.

Dancing Approximate:
giphy.gif

[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Bexel"] | [member="Matthew Robinson"] | [member="Solan Charr"] | [member="Joza Perl"]

"You wouldn't deny your cousin a drink, would you?" Dev grinned at Bryce and slapped his back with just shy of too much force. There was a wink in there, but it was just for the two of them. "And if it isn't our other layabout cousin. Hieronymous, I haven't seen you in a Dianoga's age!"

He rustled Matthew's hair and gazed about the circle. Dandies and dolls, the whole lot of them. And by the end of the night, there would be at least a target for each one. Releasing both men of his over-the-shoulder one-armed hug of acquaintanceship, Dev offered a hand to Joza. Under any other circumstances, he would not be affecting such a cartoon-inspired accent befitting the nobility of this planet, but here went the rehearsal of his character's voice:

"My my, if I may profane my unholy hand to a gentle greeting," he extolled as he met her hand with his lips. "Bekesh Malistar of the Truuvian Confederacy. Are you party to this parade of buffoonery?"

Without awaiting a response, he placed the gentlest of kisses on her middle knuckle and released her hand.

"I am done waiting for my layabout cousin to fetch me a drink," he declared, and with that produced a flute of champagne from the neighboring cater droid. "A toast to new acquaintances."

Raising his drink to meet Joza's, his eyes darted left to focus on a conversation not five feet from their gathering. The words 'order' and 'dominance' were bandied about freely and with great exuberance, and it did not take Dev's device to tip him off to his first targets. Buffoonery and libations would abound tonight, but only in pursuit of an impressive tally. After all, this was personal.

[member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Matthew Robinson"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Runi Verin"]

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Bexel"] | [member="Matthew Robinson"] | [member="Solan Charr"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Bexel"]

A Zeltron was the next to stall her attempt to escape the main hall, the vaguely familiar face stirring a flicker of recognition within the Mandalorian, her brow furrowing slightly as she failed to place it with a name or reason. Instead she turned her attention back to her would-be dance partner, currently regaling a ravishing young socialite with some tale or another, the kind that revolved around the use of wild hand gestures and exaggerated facial expressions.

Him?” He was handsome enough, she supposed, albeit in a come-to-life fable sort of way. Some might have brought into that, the socialite certainly seemed to, but it made him appear a little too clean cut for Runi’s tastes. All flash with no substance. Kark, she doubted he would even survive a week on the fringe. “Too shiny and soft. I’d be worried I’d break him.

While some people might have taken the compliment and been pleased, the salvager merely grimaced as she turned to face Ria’s flattery. Now this was a face she recognised, more’s the pity. It was bad enough she had been forced to wear this get up in the first place, good cause or no, but to actually be seen by people she was acquainted with was just adding insult to injury. She had a reputation to uphold after all. “Oh, don’t you start, cheeka. I already feel like a ronto in this dress, I don’t need you cracking karking jokes about it all night.

She gave another shake of those brunette locks before snatching one of those fluted glasses from a passing server, figuring that even the bubbly pop version of alcohol was better than no alcohol. Especially if the rest of the evening was going to shape up like this. The Qektoth Confederation and the First Order already had a string of atrocities under their belt, but making her suffer through this party surely should rank up there with the best (or worst) of them. Downing the champagne in one, a poor substitute for the usual liquid courage she was used to, she stepped back into the masses.

Shavit, I’m gonna go mingle.

Just like that any air of confidence went out of her sails. Ria was sure that was supposed to be a compliment, she might've been raised where sin and crime were the norm. The blonde just sighed and rather than try to defend herself she just let her shoulders slump. Gigi ascended the staircase, she caught the tail end of what Runi had said. The voluptuous redhead raised a brow as she practically floated across the floor to the balcony's edge. "You alright?" She asked, grabbing two flutes of champagne, handing one off to Ria.

"Yeah..." Ria's voice was a little deflated, moving to hand her flute off to someone else. "C'mon we gotta job to do Gi."

Turning with her back to Runi, she and Gigi descended back down. Ria glanced in Runi's direction one last time before making her way back to the dance floor. Whereas it happened she saw the Jedi guy. Ria slowly walked up toward Bryce, Nate, and Bryce's very well built, cousin. Who may be just what the doctored ordered to lift her spirits. "Hey, Bryce is that the guy that was in you bacta tank over there?" She jerks her thumb toward the 'dancing' Jedi. "I think he needs some help."

Gigi having finished her flute, walked up behind Ria and then looked over to where she gestured. "Oh, he's cute."

"Gi, he's a Jed-" Ria didn't get the word out before she watched Gigi saunter toward him. "Sweet twi'lekkian dancers, this is gonna be a mess." The blonde couldn't watch, but she wanted to watch. She looked over as Gigi walked toward the Jedi guy that had been in Bryce's bacta tank and introduce herself.

[member="Julius [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=14px][FONT='lucida sans unicode']Sedaire[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=14px][FONT='lucida sans unicode']"] had been dancing, "say handsome care to show me some of those dance moves?" Gigi asks in a sweet voice.

Ria's eyes went wide and then she turned back toward the guys. "So do we have a plan?" And she had to admit she did not recognize at least one or two of these gentlemen. One in particular [member="Matthew Robinson"], "um don't believe we've met. I'm Ria." She held out her hand to him, and after they shook hands the blonde looked at her locator. "Hey what's the range on this thing again, and are you guys beeping too?"

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Runi Verin"], [member="Bexel"]

Tilzi was busy having a minor crisis as she waited to pass through the weapons scanners. It wasn't the apprehension that seemed to find a home in her belly and spread up her spine in little jolts. The thought that she had just to find enemy agents in the crowd and silently subdue them with her hands and magick alone was unnerving, but she was used to fear before a hunt. It was healthy.

It was the thought of how her sisters would react to her behaviour this evening that was causing her consternation. She'd been apprenticed to some distant relatives on Teta for just a few years, minor nobles and Krath. When the underground contacts had passed her a bright yellow dress she had flat out refused to wear it. Not with her hair colour. Then she'd turned up her nose at the turquoise dress that now adorned her. It was rather frilly, and would be seen as quaint - at best - at a formal even in the core. More suited to a costume drama than an actual ball.

Once upon a time she had worn grimy hide, or a leather cloth and hunted the jungles of Aaris III without a care for her appearance. Now she looked down at those in perfectly pretty, but unfashionable dresses as if they were country bumpkin. Even if she did seem to match the local customs, she couldn't fit in that well. Not with her height, tattoos and hair.

Matters were helped as she strode into the main hall. She spied [member="Joza Perl"], the zeltron she had visited Exocron with. She was wearing an entirely inappropriate dress with supreme confidence. The elegant creature made Tilzi feel like the lanky, awkward youth she had once been.

She scanned the room. How exactly was she to go about this business? The scanner was tucked away out of sight, where it wouldn't spoil the line of her dress on her shoulder. A shirt haptic buzz would indicate it had picked something up. The Nightsister tried to contain a tight smile. The men were actually wearing tails. Burgundy waistcoats with golden stitching seemed to be in fashion.

My clan would probably disown me…

Her grasp of magick and Krath teachings wasn't enough to get a good read on someone. Just particularly powerful emotions, or if someone paid particular attention to her. The Krath had taught her to lie, not the Nightsister. Even then, her cover was shallow so she decided to avoid long conversation. The dance floor would perhaps be the best place to get close to some attendees. Assuming this backwater ball wasn't a line dance to some peasants beating drums.

Again…disowned…

It was easier to find a mate back on Aaris, at least. As she wove her way through the crowd another smile found her lips. She thought back to the raid on another clan's territory. When she had broken Shizesh’s nose and stolen her favourite mate. Oh now he had been good with his hands. No wonder she had defended him quite so vehemently. Instead in these customs it was typical for the females to stand around looking dainty and wait to be approached. Tilzi was neither dainty or feeling very patient tonight, so she scanned the room to make eye contact with someone to encourage them to make an offer. At least the music was acceptance, the steps looked familiar. Preening for the attention of mere males.

Disowned a third time…

Matthew Robinson

There's an herb for that.
Rarely was Matt man-handled by another man. Well, man-handled by really anyone. [member="Aeron Kreelan"] would have a claim on it, though. The herbalist left his hair frazzled by Bexel's ruffle. Blimey, this [member="Bexel"] chap was smarmy too.

Matt waggled a set of dark-brows and quickly sobered up as the blonde approached.[member="Ria Misrani"]

He shook her hand. She's probably get some residue of ginger and mint on her own from his palm. "Name's Matt. Heard you're brilliant with slicing."

He still didn't smooth down his hair but his fingers twitched at his sides.

Hazel-gaze moved to the chrono on his wrist. The locator. "Not sure the range but looks like I've got a live one by the bar. A few others near us. Wish me luck not to bodge this, eh?" Matt slipped away from the group, heading toward [member="Runi Verin"].

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Joza nearly snorted into her drink at [member="Runi Verin"]’s response. Suddenly, she wished that he’d continued his pursuit of the sharp tongued young woman. She wanted to see how things played out.

Taking the offered hand in a delicate grasp, a cordial smile slid onto Joza’s face as the man soon identified as Bekesh brushed his lips against her knuckles. It took her a few moments to actually decipher his words, not used to such flowery speech. Usually it was “Hey babe, get that booty over here!” or something to that effect. Then again, this didn’t seem like the sort of place where you’d be likely to hear that kind of talk.

“Joza. Charmed.” She gave [member="Bexel"] a charismatic smile, making sure to flutter her lashes for just a bit longer than necessary, as if she were parroting his pomp right back. Briefly, she wondered if she should have introduced herself with a fake title of sorts—wasn’t she supposed to be the daughter of a politician or something? At least for tonight. Lying would probably do no good even to an ally, even for fun. She was, after all, the product of a torrid love affair between a prostitute and a smuggler.

“Buffoonery? Why, I take offense Sir Malistar.” Tilting her chin down towards her chest in an exaggerated motion, Joza peered up at him from beneath those dark lashes. “I like to think that we are a parade of well dressed buffoons.” A velvety chuckle slipped from her lips as she clinked her champagne glass against his delicately.

Spotting [member="Tilzi"] from across the room as she entered, Joza lifted her chin and raised her glass towards the Nightsister, as if to catch her attention and indicate where their little group was mingling should she wish to join them. A bit of a wicked grin snaked across her face at seeing the other redhead in something so frilly, but it was to be expected. Evidently, Joza had ignored the dress code in favor of showing as much skin as possible without being escorted from the premises. Really, this wasn’t much of a party—where were the flashing seizure inducing strobe lights, the people dancing in cages suspended from the ceiling? And this drink—ugh! It had no discernible taste other than fizz. Certainly not one of the fruity concoctions she was used to sipping.

As Dev’s attention drifted over to a nearby conversation, a soft beep issued forth from the Zeltron’s bust. Staring down in bewilderment at her own chest, it took her a few seconds to remember that she’d stashed her Q-tracker in her bosom while dressing. Well, she clearly couldn’t hide it in her tiny evening clutch—that was where the cigarras went! And she could only fit about two packs in the little purse with minimal smashing. “Oh, the girls are going off.” She followed Dev’s gaze over to the now suspicious conversation, and the tracker pinged again. Bingo.

The party was in full swing, and everyone one was having a grand old time. Including one [member="Solan Charr"] , force master and unfortunate teacher of a certain read headed medical professional. Looking over to his master he made eye contact and nodded slightly. Still need to learn me that mind talking stuff Solan like to use. Speaking of that he hoped Solan hadn't heard that "grumpy old" joke he had thought earlier. If he had BB would need to double down on his training and he was sure Solan would take a great amount of pleasure in "helping" BB with that.

Julius was also dancing around, literally, man was cutting a rug in a drunken white boy kinda way. But kark it, one doesn't question a jedi master he was sure he had a plan from his other encounters with that Green Jedi. Best to let him have at it, his way.

Three more TKO angels entered the party as well. One a fierce one with eyes made for war, one a fellow red who was already in the social clutches of the team's newest member, and the last looked a bit out of sorts, but Joza seemed to be reeling her in nicely so he let her to it. The final brother that had joined them was the "other" good doctor, having also decided to stop by, and with ginger mints in hand, or pocket, or wherever he was stashing them. That was good because another medical hand would be useful to subdue a few of these Q-fed trouble makers.

"Matt, mint me man." BB said as he held out his hand to shake with his friend."

Not waiting for Matt's response BB looked around the group gathered and continued in a soft voice.

"So we ready, I'm thinking teams of two, boy / girl like. Bex and Joza you already seem to be nice and friendly, and judging my fellow gingers beeping bust she has a lead. Ladies Matt and Nate look like they could use some company. I'd recommend picking your favorite hunk and heading over to the bar. I have been getting more than a few pings there, seemed like fertile hunting to me."

"Thoughts?"

[member="Bexel"] | [member="Ria Misrani"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Matthew Robinson"] | [member="Tilzi"] | [member="Runi Verin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom