Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev The Shattered City

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.

Ulic Indominus Kun

U
TAG: Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Tania searched and searched, and despite her blood, she could not find Ulic. It was as if he had disappeared entirely. It was then that she felt a chill, as if frost was all around her, she looked about and said, “Hello? Is someone there?” Something else stirred in the shadow of the canyon as well, watching her as a Nexu ready to pounce.

Ulic awoke tied to the wall in some kind of slime resin that he did not recognize. The Azant was nowhere to be seen but as he moved there waa a stir ik the shadows, a oval and round elogated head with two flate horns leaned with teeth, The Creature had no eyes and snapped at his face till The Jedi leaned back in his slimy web. Evidently the Azant had a pwt and if was nightmarish, its tail had forked spike that moved as serpent in the shadows.

Ulic tried fo find his lightsaber, searching in The Force, when he felt the chill of snowfall, As if eyes was upon him. He reached out as he closed his eyes,

“Master Matsu.. hear me.. I have found the source of tribulation..”

The Jedi could sense her, she was far away in The Tower, and he saw her face.

“I am.. in peril.. an Azant has me captive and seeks to feast on me. I met a lady named Tania.. I hope she is alright.”

The Seed of Kun was not sure if The Grandmaster had heard all he had said, but the feeling of frost made him believe she had some ability to receive his words, possibly. She was more than a Master, leader of this strange expedition in another galaxy, if anyone had the power to find him It was her.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Ulic Indominus Kun

She moved, the moment coming as she heard and felt it in the force but she was moving across it as she came out of her movement... frost forming on her body as it hung there for a moment but the sun and bodyheat melted it into steam fast enough. The world returning to normal as she stood there looking at the man and the creature. The jedi master smaller in size then most but she had both the force and drive to always improve as there was always someone stronger, faster, more skilled. She could sense the creature and stayed there for a moment as she stood... and then she was moving forward with another burst of speed. Letting the force guide her movements with her body while her brain worked to use the force. She knew how to disconnect and let the force dodge for her and make it into a instinctual form of agility for dodging.

Ulic Indominus Kun

U
The Azant returned to the cave, draghing Tania by the hair, ahe was flung next to Ulic.

“Quite a handful that one.”

Ulic tried to reach for Tania who seemed unconscious. He stirred in resin mesh and tried to nudge her.

“Its futile Paladin.. she is out cold. Now.. for my feast.”

The Azant stepped close to her and the tentacles at his neck poised over Tania.

“A Jedi should be savored. This one an appetizer.”

Ulic reached put in Force, trying to stay the proboscises, which struggled against the invisible flow.

“I expected resistance.. after all what is Soup unless it burns!”

He snapped Ulic’s lightsaber to life and dug the blade into her torso making he gasp and awaken, her mouth wide open and her eyes trembling as her throat made clicking noises.

Ulic shouted, “nooooooooooooo!”

The Azant turned as the resin and sticky web like saliva began to shake, the Jedi’s eyes burning as he set it on fire. He then pointed his hand and blasted The Azant with flame, his robes catching on fire, and dropping the lightsaber which rolled to Ulic’a feet. He took it up and grabbes the burning Azant, lifting him up and thrusted the blade into his abdomen, twisting as the Azant beat him with flaming hands. Un phased he then used Force Healing to fix the wound, the Azant then fell screaming, as flames burned him, but Ulic kept healing him so that he would keep experiancing the tormenting burns, Ulic’s teeth were clinched as he kept up this torture till the flames went out and then he immolated him again, and repeated the process.

“No.. more! Are you a Jedi or not! End my misery!”

Ulic levitated him up and took his proboscises and wrappee them around his neck and began to choke him.

“Die.. now!”

The Azant collapsed after a struggle and fell. Tania kaid there panting, Ulic laid his hand in her and called healing power, which did some repair, but he needed more advanced power.

“@Matsu Ike! Please! Help her!”

He took her up in his arms and walked out of cave, searching for the only hope to save Tania.

Ulic Indominus Kun

She felt the voice and moved as the cave in the distance was there but so was the boy and the woman he was carrying. THe jedi master stopping and touching down onto the ground as she looked from him to the woman and raised an eyebrow but she wasn't going to need to ask a lot of questions. She moved and remained there as a hand came out and she focused on the force around herself. The air shifting as it formed a bubble. "Bring her here." She said it and shifted the molecules of the ground forming it up into a table she would be able to lay the girl on and look over. The matter manipulation as she was working art of the small. She knew how to use it for several things including healing as she adjusted the bubbles to make it closer to an antiseptic bubble to manipulate and cleanse infection or wounds.

Ulic Indominus Kun

U
Ulic watched as Matsu Ike Matsu Ike uses her unique craft of healing.
Well she be alright?

His mind was still on how he had treated the Azant. He had gone beyond neutralizing the threst to torture, he looked at his gloved hands, and felt a tinge of shame. The truth is he liked it, the power to make an enemy suffer! To wound them and then heal those wounds so as to prolong their pain. He felt like a god of wrath, and he knew this was not the path of a Jedi. He felt himself slipping more and more into his Ancestor’s Shadow.

Ulic Indominus Kun

"Too early to say, it is as much external as internal." She said it and she could repair the body that was one thing... the difficulty would be if there was damage to the mind or a lack of will. THat was what she needed to be able to factor in for the healing as she laid hands on the woman and wounds were shifting. Cells and molecules altering at her touch like water to cascade across her. THe jedi master was letting more of it go around before she stood there and altered the area she was being set to lay on and altered the stone into metal.. the corners into tubes that filled with repulsors and she was channeling force energy into it to alter forr a power source to make a repulsor sled that could move her as she was walking. "What happened?"

Ulic Indominus Kun

U
The Grand Master worked her healing craft and all Ulic could do was pray, which made him feel like fool since he had just displayed darkness. Why would Ashla answer his petitions now? And yet for Tania’s sake, he would mumble some words into The Void, if it helped.

When Master Matsu Ike Matsu Ike asked “how did this happen?” The Jedi.. was he a Jedi? Well Ulic responded,
Tania and I went looking for what was draining pilgrims and discovered an Azant, who is now dead.” Upon deliverying the word “dead” his tone shifted to one that was raspy and deep, as if something spoke through The Heir of Kun.

Ulic did not make a confession, he said nothing of things he did to the Azant; the pleasure he had derived from inflicting pain, again, and again, and again. Yet being a Grand Master, Matsu could no doubt sense it and any lie he would forge she would see through. The goal was the tell the truth, but omit details. So he did give her a truthful answer, he merely did not mention the use of the Force he had done to cause injury, mend it, and then injure again. Even now the memory of it made him smile, the sheer catharsis of making an enemy who had tormented them feel what it was like to be tortures. How could it be the dark side if he used it against a dark sider? Surly that made it alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ulic Indominus Kun

She listened and gave a small nod of her head as he seemed to be thinking about something. The jedi grandmaster allowing the force to continue as she was moving the hover sled and checked on more of it. Her one hand guiding the sled while the other was moving the field around them. "If that is your report. We will be able to work with it and can get this Tania into a medical tube." She was moving and going back towards parts of the city she allowed some of the drones to fly off and scout the area. Mapping the canyon and caves with a nod of her head while their interfaces were updating. "Do we need to send a containment team that will be able to handle him? Or ones for the body?"

Ulic Indominus Kun

U
Ulic lowered his head as he considered the question.

No containment is necessary, he is deceased.

The Fallen Jedi looked at Matsu Ike Matsu Ike briefly,

I will dispose of the Azant.”

The Troubled Jedi went to where the Azant was laid, its body already scorched. He took the body and hoisted it on his shoulder. Taking it to rhe webs and resin he threw the body on a bed of thread ans poojting his hand with a flsme in his eye, he ignited the dead Azant and its lair ablaze, the flames lapped all around, arching up the wall and then over the body and on to the cieling as they spread. Leaving the cave as great fumes of smoke followed him put in great puffs. Ulic was furious, he had come on this expedition to find new meaning as a Jedi ans now he was slipping ever more closely into the dark. He wondered if it was hopeless, that he would become Kun’s Heir and bring great pain and death to the galaxy. Was there no way to avoid this destiny? It seemed the more he tried not to give in, he stronger the darkness became.

The battlecruiser came equipped with four squadrons of general purpose runabouts. Jorus touched down in one of them outside the cave system. The runabout handled normally for a ship its size, despite all the exotic technology built into it. Not too hard to fly

He toggled the comms, trying to get ahold of Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

"Master Ike, this is Merrill. I got the feeling you might need a pickup. Call it instinct."

Ulic Indominus Kun Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill

She moved as a runabout was coming in to pick them up. A surprised look on her face when Jorus was there and the jedi master bowed her head moving the woman into the ship. "TImely as always." She said it and moved to the runabouts interior as she was setting up the medical equipment. "The others are at one of the towers, if we could wing by." She said it and the interface for herself was sharing the information on the screen while more information was coming up. "Not exactly what I was expecting but did manage to learn a few things... not as hidden away as we had once thought."

Ulic Indominus Kun

U
TAG: Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Ulic boarded the Runabout, he took his place last. He was not particularly keen on sitting near fellow Jedi, so he saw to Tania who was on life support. The Grand Master had done what she could to mend her with The Force. The Troubled Jedi had wondered at why he had reacted as he did in The Cave, having gone Dark to save her. It was not romantic interest, at least not thay he could detect. Was it the fear of loss? She had become companion and quei-friend. Or was it the thought of losing to that monster? Letting it devour her and then him. Why had he let the Azant hold him idle so long? It had endangered her because he had not acted sooner.

Ulic was tired of this introspection. In truth he had enjoyed it. This was merely the teachings of the Jedi that he followed like rote, and yet he had violated them aggressively and with a thrill. The pain he had inflicted on the Azant had made him feel such release, he almost wished he was still there, healing and burning him again and again. This was not the hunger of a Keeper of the Peace, he was tasting the fruit of the dark side and it tasted good.

The runabout slid through the cloud cover and up over the towers, then arced down to the place where the Padawans were gathered under cover of what looked like deployable energy shields. Jorus glanced over at Matsu Ike Matsu Ike . "Yeah? What'd you learn — what's out there?"

He set down in a convenient spot, right by the Jedi cohort, and they began coming aboard. So did other assets — drones that had finished mapping the immediate area. From what he remembered of the mission brief, this was only a portion of the drones; Matsu's expedition meant to be a comprehensive landfall-and-charting first visit to Peridea. For Jorus' part, the planet itself was significantly less interesting than being out here, far outside the Prime Galaxy.

"You mind lending me one of these runabouts? I've got some mapping gear I'd like to run through the nearby stars."

The hatch shut; Jorus eased the runabout up to the sky again.

What they learned... she would have to go over the data and information that they had gathered but there was a great amount there all fo them could check on. "We learned a little more about the city, the script on some of the towers is dathomiri but also zeffo and older. We might be able to confirm some theories about the world... the purgill can find it somehow almost like a beacon but it is not strong enough for other force users to feel. So maybe the same way birds can home in on a place or sea turtles return to places far flung from wherever they are." She said it and the request to take a runabout was different but she nodded. "By all means." She said it with a smile on her face though and bowed her head while she was checking the equipment and the others. The deployable energy shields one of the things they would be able to have. "IT will be able to replenish its supplies overtime and the communication is designed to function almost anywhere. We have relays on the ships and beacons. In case it is needed." She said it with a bow while he was heading back towards the ship and they could offload the others, Jorus with a ship in a new galaxy was a srospect to see. "The navigational data also has the silver strands hyperspace routes between the galaxies."

"That theory makes sense to me," said Jorus, steering the shuttle up into space. "My daughter - this was a long, long time ago - she connected with a dying Oswaft, and she said some of it felt like that. Knowing where you're supposed to be, real quiet, if you listen. Not too far from how I astrogate, either."

He bent their course to match the battlecruiser's orbit and angled for the hangar.

"Listen, Matsu..." He spoke quieter and glanced back into the space that held the Padawans, the drones, the injured woman's medical compartment, and Ulic Indominus Kun "That kid that came aboard with you, I keep not wanting to turn my back on him, just doesn't feel safe and I don't know why. He alright back there?"

She gave a nod. "He is... different... and has a very self fulfilling attitude and obsession in his thoughts. His ancestor fell to the darkside... so he will fall to the darkside... except he fails to remember that he was once a jedi as well and if we determined everything by blood over the choices that we make it. He could be dangerous and what he did to the anzat who attacked him I have no doubt weighs on him but likely for the wrong reason." She was bringing up some things on the screen mostly so the tracking of the runabout wouldn't alert them all of the time. They didn't need to retrieve it. "I have spoken with him and for a moment he seemed to take it to heart but now seems even more determined in his thoughts." SHe brought up the screen of systems. "NOw for you... this is the recovery system. Should something happen it can automate a return to home that you designate coordinate wise., you have a supply of repair drones and if need be there is a small medical are for supplies and if need be you can grow a biot to help out. THe shields have heat and gravity for getting close to a sun should you want to use the collectors but the didact power cell should last several of our lifetimes with the dark energy."

Jorus went with the change of subject. If Matsu Ike Matsu Ike figured she had the situation under control, he wasn't about to second-guess her.

"Handles well," he said about the shuttle. "I don't understand half the exotic tech you've packed into it, but better believe I'll read the manual."

The battlecruiser's hangar filled the canopy. On final approach, at the worst possible moment, Jorus remembered something he'd kept meaning to ask her.

He touched down. As the Padawans and staff offloaded the medical capsule, Jorus unbuckled and got up.

"You've got operations in Firefist these days, right? Companion Besh? What's Sasori got out there?"

Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill

The other companion galaxies... hmmm she thought about it. "Not much, we moved the Crèche Station tour around it and have had our Seeder Ships that were sent there as well originally for the Saratai project as other newer models able to delpoy Kalantas. TO set up possible colonization efforts on worlds. With new terraforming tech we developed it would allow the automated systems to establish an area for a research team to follow and join the biot there." She said it while looking at him and the runabout well.. reading the manual would help.. wait until he saw the ideas for the third generation upgrades they were looking to do with it. THey had already developed universal repair and upgrade seeds that would work within it. "We have put effort sinto rebuilding and strengthening the temples in the galaxy... branching out to the companions and pocket dimensions is the side project but we have worked to try and ensure information, teams are alive and secured... harder to wipe out the order when only a handful know how to reach them."

"The more places, the better," he agreed. "Diffusion means some gets lost and the rest is more likely to weather what comes. I'm not much for the whole Jedi...project...these days, but you're right on the money."

He bent over the console and set the shuttle to idle.

"I'm going to gather up my things and get outta your hair. I'll be sure to send back nav data so someone knows where I'm at; should make things easier for you too, long-term, if you've got plans in the area. Thanks for the loaner, and for the ride out here. It's been an education."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill

She bowed her head to him. "You are welcome." She said it and leaving the shuttle made sure they had everything not needed for the ship out so he would have plenty of space for all of his stuff. The jedi master was looking at some of the ship around the hanger as she motioned with the gravity lattice and the choushin biot approached. "All is secured, the students on in the briefing room, the data is being recovered fromthe drones and we have begun medical procedures on the one brought back but are receiving no information from our databanks on who she is... Am I to assume she is from the world?" THe biot spoke and Matsu nodded. "She was found down there yes so be kind." THe Biot nodded its head and walked away while Matsu finished and the runabout was prepared for JOrus so he could leave as needed and plenty of navigational information to gather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom