Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The S'ar Kni treasure

Location - Sriluur

The small band exited the shuttle at the base of the mountain. Srillur heavy cloud shwirled above, casting a red glimmer across its weather torn athmosphere. The Weequay piloting the shuttle looked down upon the radarpad in his hand.

"Teeze iz it..." he hissed. "follow the trail to the cave and you should have your treasures in no time. Lord Zempra will be pleazed and we can all go homez...."

the Weequay pointed his staff toward the foot of the mountain. Sharp rocks embracing the beginning of a small path leading upwards. It seemd to cling to the side of the mountain for a few hundred meters at least. From here no cave entrance could be seen, but according to Sempras mapper this was it, the location of the infameous Weequay pirate S'ar Kni and his lost treasure.
Goru-Revival.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a few hours eariler, Inside Sempras Besadii Dhakuns throne room at the White Palace the group had gathered for instructions.

S'ar Kni, the infameous pirate had operated on Sriluur at the time of Kossak and played a vital part in disrupting Emperor Xims supply ships traversing the sector during the great hutt-Xim conflict. It is said that his success partly depended on his ability to use the force. Drawing upon the dark side of the force S'ar Kni was able to defeat far larger and better equpied ships then his own. His own ship did however grow a reputation for these remarkable deeds and over time various ancient installments were made to her. Her status as a steady and fast moving freighter soon turned into being something feared by peaceful merchants and Xim-followers alike. Her original name long since forgotten the ship is assumed to have been part of S'ar Kni legacy and treasure, awaiting to be found by someone worthy.

It is said that S'ar Kni was indeed so succesful that eventually he looted more then he would ever earned in the service to the hutts. Greed took over. He then made the fatal decission to leave the service of the hutts. After a few years of hiding and despite his force abilities he was eventually found and brought to justice - hutt style.

But even though the pirate and his crew was dealt with they never recovered his treause. As a final show of independance S'ar Kni had hid the location of his secret safe place and obscured it using his force talents. It is believed that only someone attuned with the same dar powers as S'ar Kni will be able to open the door to the place. This was going to be handled but alas -

The war waged on and soon the search for S'ar Kni's treaure was forgotten and grew into a myth.
Until recently, when the myth was found in the ancient databases of the White Palace and brought to its modern caretaker, the hutt Sempra Dhakun.

Now, a group had been put together to investigate the location that presumably held the pirates hidden getaway. The group of huttese mercenaries was at this time also followed by a sith prescence causing the entire situation to be somewhat tense for the involved.

He tracked across the grated floor letting out a wrapping tapping sound as his pronged feet moved across them and onto the sand, his long red coat thrown behind him like some awkward cape, the tassels moving in the artificial breeze as he moved towards [member="Zhol Kash Dinora"]. It was cold and like steel, sharp and rough like fragment rock, it was distant yet human, it was all of these things. "I trust you'll commit to the operation-" there was a pause an almost tangible silence, the disperse of air and the rising steam from the automated voice-box broke it, continuing on his sentence he spoke. "-witch. I trust you'll be able to hold your tendencies at bay for this." he addressed [member="Zhol Kash Dinora"].

"Cadan, Thraxis. Keep an eye on our witch, I hate for her to be harmed during this operation." he moved past the varies technicians and militia, the Jackals turned up in force varies pirates and nerdowells that accompanied the cyborg. "We're moving out soon."

Tag bag
[member="Zhol Kash Dinora"] [member="Avery Akanbar"] [member="A.D.A.M."] [member="Zane Hara"] [member="Break"] [member="Orn'komad "][member="Paislee Armandé"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Haaza Kutter"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Thraxis"]

"Yes, do keep a close eye on me. It's always wise for ants to stay focused on the nearest boot."

Kash examined her nails -- rune-carved terentatek ivory on duraplast -- a mannerism she'd acquired before the sacrifice of her right hand, and later the arm associated therewith. It was a gesture of unconcern. She glanced around the assembled persons and followed her fellow cyborg onto the sand.

"I trust you capable gentlebeings will be able to at least find the door, even if you have to wait for me to open it? Do you plan to use scanners? Macrobinoculars? Or just swarm over the sand in all directions like gundarks trying to duplicate literature on analog typewriters?"

Cadan stepped out and behind the sith lord. "Will do Cap'n." The Duros let out a slight growl as Kash made her remark.

His worn, dirtied and shot up trenched flapped about behind him, as it caught the breeze. He looked to Flannigan, awaiting to hear the plan.

[member="Zhol Kash Dinora"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

Ka-Aver took heavy steps out of the shuttle past the group. He breathed in deeply, as if the dry sandy air rejuvinated him. With the typical non-emotional expression of a weequay he leaned heavily on his long hilted vibro-glaive and followed the trail ahead with troubled eyes.

Thraxis would be standing on the other side of the Sith, one of his hands grasped on his weapons, though the other was busy drinking from his flask, his eyes peered onto the witch, never taking his eyes of off the sith, he had dealt with them before, always hiding some trick up their sleeve and he wasn't going to let another one of their underhanded tricks get the best of him.

[member="Zhol Kash Dinora"]
[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Ka-Aver"]

As the group started to form up they slowly began their expedition, heading onto the narrow trail. The surroundings wittnessed about dead nature, a common sight on Srilur, although here [member="Zhol Kash Dinora"] felt something, a dark side prescence. And the further on the trail the closer it got.

@Thraxis@Ka-Aver@Cadan Tazi[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

The climb is steeper then it appeared from the ground. To one hand the rough and often sharp rocks of the mountain and on the other hand the devestating abyss below. Now and then the group came across signs of some sort of civilisation; a long time broken surveillance camera, a half whole stone bench for resting (or for a guard post?), in fact the entire path felt man-made and nothing about it was natural.

As the group struggled for over an hour along this narrow mountain stretch they finally reached a plateau. Catching breath and allowing their minds accept the deed accomplished they soon realised that this must be the end of it. The plateau stretched about 20x30 meters and was remarkably flat.

There is no path continuing and nothing to call an entrance here. Was it all a dead end?

[member="Thraxis"]
[member="Ka-Aver"]
[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

"Hmmm..." Thraxis would grumble, unamused by this dead trip, "Well, someone call the ship over, this was a failed excursion." he would yell, looking about for anything to amuse him, but nothing of interest, just rocks, rocks and even more rocks. It didn't take long for him to grow bored, almost instantaneously was he bored, only one thing amused Thraxis, he grabbed his guns, aiming them at the rocks that scattered the vast emptiness, trying in vein to entertain himself, only to be sorely disappointed.
[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Cadan sighed as he saw the location. He began to look around. Cadan turned and opened up a comm to Sempra. "Well I'm all for a good hike, but do we still get paid for this?" He looked over the edge, and kicked a rock over, letting it drop and bounce off the edges of the stone walls. He pulled a cigar from his top pocket and began to smoke it, letting the grey plumes of smoke trail up into the atmosphere. Before looking back to the Hutt. "It's a dead end boss man."

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Ka-Aver went to the edge of the cliff and leaned on his vibro-glaive. He sniffed the air and turned to watch the others. He was not keen on this job, especially regarding the rumours about mustical dark powers floating about. But he kept his neutral face and waited ready for whatever the group decided.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Thraxis"]

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

"Ororough!" was the agitated response from Sempra in the comm to Cadan. "Keep looking, turn that mountain inside out if need be."

With that the hutt left the transmission leaving the group to it.

At the same time [member="Zhol Kash Dinora"] felt a tingling sensation. Without further investigation it was a mere shudder, yet it was there. This place... Could it be that something is imbued here?

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Sempra the Hutt"] [member="Ka-Aver"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

"Yes, because good trails to flat plateaus, in the remote locales of known treasure troves, are always dead ends." She gestured at the mercs on the cliff edge. "BOO!"

-then turned away, shaking her head. At a guess, the door had been imbued with an illusion of some sort, potentially alchemical in nature. Rare and interesting. Something worth studying, even, and it had been a long time since she found one of those. She examined the rock face, humming to herself, then shifted her attention to the plateau itself. Hundreds or thousands of years did interesting things to the ground. Softened its lines by erosion or by accumulation. Eyeballs-deep in the Force, she gestured just so, and a circular portion of the plateau began to sink. She stepped down on it as it descended.

"All aboard."

Ka-Aver watched in disbelief, jaw dropping, as the witch started to decend.
Hesitating he took one step forward the turned his head assuring himself that the Jackals were coming. He was not keen on the idea of being alone with her in some dark underground shaft, or whatever awaited down there.

Thraxis would look to her, watching as with no effort found the entrance, though he done nothing more then shrug, a witch knows witch tricks, though with this witches tricks, potential treasure is abound, "Well then, what are we waiting for?" he would say, as he hastily ran down the stairs, "Finally, something interesting." he would mutter the sheer boredom of that flat plateau done nothing for making him eager, though this mystery door did arouse his curiosity.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan scoffed as the Sith 'Boo'ed them. "You don't scare me witch." Cadan watched as she found the entrance, and the platform begam to lower. Well maybe she scares me a little, Cadan thought to himself, although he didn't show or voice it.

He followed the others as the all began to pile on to the descending platform.

[member="Thraxis"] [member="Ka-Aver"] [member="Zhol Kash Dinora"]

[member="Ka-Aver"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

"Tell me," Kash said to Tazi conversationally, as they descended into the dark on the circular, dirt-covered platform. "Why would you say that? Why is it important for me to hear that I don't frighten you? It won't make me know you don't fear me; that would require experiential proof or a nice close look at the inner workings of your mind. Or are you really just...talking to yourself to make yourself feel better? Who knows. Maybe you'll even convince yourself that you're not afraid."

She turned her back in the process of examining the entry shaft's walls, and concealed a smile, though not by much. "I'd keep it up if I were you. Take it from an old politician. People can convince themselves of anything, whether it's built on a foundation of truth or not. And you'll be much happier once you actually believe you're not afraid of me. Whether that lasts..."

She shrugged eloquently.

Ka-Aver listened to the conversation as the group kept going down. He held everyone present in great respect, the Jackals were coordinated fighters and without the witch they would never have found this passage, just like the boss had explained. He just hoped they would find what the hutt craved. That usually gave reason for Sempra to be generous, he thought to himself.

Soon the narrow stairway was blocked from natural light and Ka-Aver lit a light stave.

After at least 40-50 meters down the stair came to a stop and they all exited into what looked liked a hand carved cave. In its center a sole console lit up as [member="Zhol Kash Dinora"] entered at the point of the group.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Thraxis"]

As Thraxis reached the bottom, he was sorely disappointed, he expected vast treasure hoards, ancient looking stuff and other money things, "Well, this was not what I expected..." he would look down, kicking at the ground. Taking out his flask, he would go to drink whatever remnants were left, only to find it had been emptied, his eyes become ardent with rage, tossing his flask to the ground, shattering as it crashed on the ground, "Curse this day!" he yelled, angry about his drinks contents being empty.
He fell to his knees, his hands raised in the air, "Curse be this day! It is so damned dull!" he would bawl, his eyes filling with tears of boredom, only for his entire body to now fall, smashing his arms against the ground in agitated un-amusement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom