Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rule of Two [Invite Only]

| [member="Vanessa Vantai"] |

It seemed like a lifetime ago since that fateful night on Chandrila when they had first met. There had been a funfair, with wild rides and laughter in the background as they had conversed. Back then the girl called Alicia Drey was young, vulnerable and malleable to the whims of the woman that would become her master. Hidden away from her potential and abilities by a family who feared her she had broken free of the chains placed upon her through the commitment of fratricide, leaving Chandrila to join Circe Savan for life.

Thirty years later the two couldn't be further from what the Master had envisioned for them. They were to be the perfect Rule of Two. A unification between Sith Lords that had never been accomplished before. Their passion for each other superseded everything else. Or so it was meant to be. Often when it came to matters relating to the dark side they could become convoluted. Desires could manifest in other ways. Unification was not the way of the dark side. Betrayal would always come.

The attempts that Darth Ayra had made on her master were numerous. The first had come during the assassination of the One Sith's leader. The ultimatum had come to both women that only one of them would survive the room filled with Sith Lord's devoted to their master's cause. Naturally Ayra had chosen herself, and in doing so completed Darth Bane's philosophy. But Darth Pandeima possessed powers her apprentice didn't know and had survived through the ritual of Transfer Essence.

The attempts which followed that day were numerous as they were unsuccessful. For what her master had lost in superiority over her ambitious apprentice with the lightsaber and Force Powers were more than made up for in cunning and intelligence. For years Pandeima had alluded Ayra to the point that the latter hadn't known where the former was. The trail had grown cold, and so Ayra waited until Pandeima resurfaced.

That time was now.

A chilling wind swept through the area as the Initium landed. The landing pad that was connected to the Trayus Academy (now laboratory) led to a set doors. As the engines of her ship cooled and the hum that came with it died Darth Ayra settled her gaze upon those doors. She cursed herself for the apprehension she felt. It was like she was nervous. She had been so settled, so fixated on the goal to end Pandeima's life for so long. Now here she was to do it again. And this time there would be no escape...

The walk from her ship to the doors of the building was short. Too short. Closing her eyes to immerse herself into the dark side Darth Ayra opened them as she lifted a hand forward to knock on the door.

The doors to the laboratory would slowly open. A chill ran through the hallway they opened up to as dimmed lights provided Ayra with an opportunity to enter into the facility mostly unseen. For now, it seemed as though Vanessa either did not care about her former apprentice’s presence here, or perhaps was not here at all.

“Hello, Alicia.” The illusory form of a green-skinned, dark-haired woman appeared before her in a puff of smoke. “I assume you are here to try and kill me once more due to the whole Rule of Two thing.” Though the appearance and voice were identical to her prior Vinithi form, the vernacular Vanessa used was notably more casual and less formal than it was in the past - a deliberate alteration she had made in order to further grow into her role.

“Your entire desire to kill me stems from what I knew about the Sith at the time. I was prideful enough to believe the Sith could survive with only two. I was wrong.” She said, hovering next to Ayra as she further penetrated into the building. “The fact of the matter is, the Rule of Two cannot last. Hence why I have taken my “imperial preservationist” stance and maintained a portion of the Sith Empire as my domain, ready for their forces to be consolidated as Sith fortunes wane. I still have a place for you if you can finally find it in your heart.”

Vanessa was at the Trayus Core, waiting for her former apprentice to arrive.

[member="Ella Nova"]

"I've been aware for a long time that you never really believed in the philosophy of the Rule of Two. I know that you desired a perfect relationship between two Sith. Someone to rule beside you forever. I know that you loved me. That is where your passion is derived from. Your love of things. I know you well, Circe. You know me even better, I think. But let's not speak through illusions, visions or tricks. I want to see you."

Walking through the apparition of her master Darth Ayra begun to navigate the hallways of the laboratory. She knew this place well. A long time ago she had been taken here to have all the skin on her body removed and replaced after falling to the effects of a Blood Mark put on her by Rave Merrill. Another reason to despise Circe Savan. Darth Pandeima. Vanessa Vantai. Using the Force to guide her Darth Ayra followed her feelings to the Core of the laboratory.

Upon entry she lowered the cowl of her robe. The face of the Jedi Knight she had taken with the same ritual that had allowed Vanessa to survive looked upon the unfamiliar visages of Pandeima. Cocking her head to the side slightly to consider the woman before her Darth Ayra lowered her hand to the Lightsaber that hung from her hip.

Her thumb hovered over the ignition button. But instead of pressing down Ayra lowered herself down to the ground and put her weapon there. Subtly she locked the button so that the weapon wouldn't activate. Just in case. Standing back up Darth Ayra locked her gaze upon Darth Pandeima.

"I've come to recruit you. If you agree to join us I will do what you want. I'll serve you. I will even love you again. It hurts to admit that I still have those feelings but they never went away. All I want is for you to listen. What happened in the past is irrelevant to me. I have done regrettable things. You have as well."

An idea came to mind. Averting her gaze from her master Darth Ayra settled her eyes on one of the nearest computer consoles. "Do you remember how we used to dance? I would like to do that again with you."

"I just wanted us to be at the top together." The illusion said. "And now that's never going to happen. I actually did love you, and a part of me still does." The illusion would soon dissipate after Ayra reached the Trayus Core, where Vanessa had been waiting for her. The Sith lord listened to her former apprentice as she turned to face the woman - this offer was something she would have to respond to in an unfortunate way.

"And what cause have you come to recruit me for?" She asked, thinking of the possible options. "Here in the reborn Sith Empire, I have contributed greatly to the harm and destruction of our enemies. My portion of the Empire is ruled without external interference. I'm... content here. Happy in a way, at least for now. But I will listen, Alicia. I always tried to."

At the woman's final inquisition, Vanessa said nothing, but motioned with a hand for the shell of the Jedi to come closer and join her.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Dropping the Sith Robe from her body onto the floor as she walked across Darth Ayra lowered her hands into Vanessa's and brought one onto her hip. The other to her shoulder. Under the machinations of the Force music begun to play. Together they fell into motion, dancing together softly to the melody of the music that played in the background. Ayra kept her eyes on the taller woman as they fell into a rhythm together, talking as they moved.

"You were always very good at coming into the ownership of land, ships, corporations. You've always been very wealthy. You know a considerable amount about the Force. I know that too. You are everything that I find to be right about the Sith, but also what I have found wrong too. We both know who calls himself Emperor. We were there when he lost his power in 838. We were there when he bent the knee to serve the One Sith. We were there when he forced us to choose who should die. You remember don't you? When they forced me to stab you in the back when the alternative was you killing me, or they killing us both? And I know you would have chosen yourself over me. It would have been natural given the circumstances."

"The woman that I served, and who taught me everything that I know would remember what they have done to you. They mocked you. You were an outcast to them. The woman that I know wanted revenge. And, yes, she wanted us to rule together. There is a way to accomplish all that we wanted together. I will become yours again if you wish it. But not for this. Not for to be under the rule of a weakling like Kaine Zambrano."

Burying her head into Vanessa's chest Ayra continued to speak softly. ​"They call themselves the Order of Shadows. A laughable name, like something out of a children's book. But they have intertwined themselves into the Jen'ari. The faction put together by another fool called Vyrassu, who challenges Zambrano for his place. Another civil war is brewing, and the two of us can emerge from it on top. Both of us can kill them and rule together like we wanted too. We can end the civil war too if we work together before it starts. Ensure we take our places as the Empresses of the Galaxy. Lead the Sith Empire to victory over our enemies."

"I have always loved you Circe. We can be together again and become great. Not as two single Sith but as a Rule of Two that rules over all other Sith and the galaxy. The perfect unification of two Sith. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory our chains will be broken. Our love can set us free."

Lifting her gaze to Vanessa Ayra's eyes burned with a fiery passion. There was nothing in the Force that would betray any lies wrought because there were none. Pandeima would feel that Alicia Drey... Darth Ayra... Now Ella Nova had come back to her.

Dropping the Sith Robe from her body onto the floor as she walked across Darth Ayra lowered her hands into Vanessa's and brought one onto her hip. The other to her shoulder. Under the machinations of the Force music begun to play. Together they fell into motion, dancing together softly to the melody of the music that played in the background. Ayra kept her eyes on the taller woman as they fell into a rhythm together, talking as they moved.

"You were always very good at coming into the ownership of land, ships, corporations. You've always been very wealthy. You know a considerable amount about the Force. I know that too. You are everything that I find to be right about the Sith, but also what I have found wrong too. We both know who calls himself Emperor. We were there when he lost his power in 838. We were there when he bent the knee to serve the One Sith. We were there when he forced us to choose who should die. You remember don't you? When they forced me to stab you in the back when the alternative was you killing me, or they killing us both? And I know you would have chosen yourself over me. It would have been natural given the circumstances."

"The woman that I served, and who taught me everything that I know would remember what they have done to you. They mocked you. You were an outcast to them. The woman that I know wanted revenge. And, yes, she wanted us to rule together. There is a way to accomplish all that we wanted together. I will become yours again if you wish it. But not for this. Not for to be under the rule of a weakling like Kaine Zambrano."

Burying her head into Vanessa's chest Ayra continued to speak softly. ​"They call themselves the Order of Shadows. A laughable name, like something out of a children's book. But they have intertwined themselves into the Jen'ari. The faction put together by another fool called Vyrassu, who challenges Zambrano for his place. Another civil war is brewing, and the two of us can emerge from it on top. Both of us can kill them and rule together like we wanted too. We can end the civil war too if we work together before it starts. Ensure we take our places as the Empresses of the Galaxy. Lead the Sith Empire to victory over our enemies."

"I have always loved you Circe. We can be together again and become great. Not as two single Sith but as a Rule of Two that rules over all other Sith and the galaxy. The perfect unification of two Sith. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory our chains will be broken. Our love can set us free."

Lifting her gaze to Vanessa Ayra's eyes burned with a fiery passion. There was nothing in the Force that would betray any lies wrought because there were none. Pandeima would feel that Alicia Drey... Darth Ayra... Now Ella Nova had come back to her.

"Now is not the time."

She looked at Ayra as the woman leaned her head into Vanessa's chest. "The conflict between the Jen'ari and the Sith Empire will not be enough to in any way affect the balance of power in the galaxy. Kaine's position is not untenable. Something drastic would have to happen, and I would prefer to not disrupt the stability of the Empire for a power play. Not now. Now when Kaine either 'ascends' to whatever his definition of godhood is, or alternatively leaves his position otherwise, I might have to make a move - but not until then."

She looked down at Alicia's new form. "I still love you, though. I could never bear to harm you, truthfully. If you help me with my endeavours as they currently stand - then, when the moment is right to do something, we can make our move together. But not now." She gave her partner a kiss on the top of her head.

"What is the story behind your new body?"

[member="Ella Nova"]

Sighing to herself Ayra cupped the cheek of Vanessa with a small almost sad smile. "What I have been trying to tell you is that a power-play against Zambrano has already begun. With you back at my side that transition of power can come our way. We have a unique opportunity to control the events that are about to happen."

Letting go of Vanessa and ending their dance Ayra turned her back to her and folded her arms across her chest as she explained. "During our time apart I traced the whereabouts of a Sith Holocron on Dxun. But it had already been taken by Taeli Raaf. In the tomb that I was looting I was attacked by a parasite that latched itself onto my back. I could not find a cure to remove the Obelisk. I was not ready to die to I resorted to the last measure of the Transfer Essence ritual to leave my old body behind and takeover this one."

"Her name was Ella Nova. She was a Jedi Knight. She had been capturing by Carnifex during the One Sith wars and imprisoned in his old prison Coruscant. My Sun Guards broke her out and took over her mind. I've been using her identity ever since."

Pouting her lips in thought Ayra asked: "Can I trust you still? Do I tell you what I know about the Jen'ari? What makes you hesitant to challenge Zambrano now that the opportunity presents itself? Do you like being used by him?"

"If you're thinking about the Jen'ari, the answer is that they don't stand a chance. We have superior technology, overwhelming forces, and more Force users than Vyrassu has available to him. I don't intend to so easily betray my place of stability." Vanessa replied. "I would hope you would realize that, preferably sooner rather than later."

Vanessa watched and listened to the story Alicia told about why she was where she was. "I... I see. I'm sorry to hear. If its worth asking, however, is there anything left of her within the shell you now reside in?" Vanessa was admittedly curious - here was perhaps an opportunity for a Jedi to be studied, interrogated - coerced to the darkness on her own merits. If only Vanessa could reach her.

At the last comment, Vanessa scoffed. "Carnifex doesn't use me. He leaves me and my endeavours alone and I in turn do the same and don't cause trouble. I'd argue he should be at least somewhat thankful given the recent casualties inflicted on enemies at my hands, but so long as he doesn't actively interfere in the process of harming these lightsiders, I have no issue."

[member="Ella Nova"]

| [member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Shaking her head Darth Ayra turned back around to Vanessa. "Whoever Ella Nova was was destroyed during the ritual. The only trace that she ever lived is her service record during the One Sith crusade and her current position as Senator in the New Republic."

Bringing her hands to the back of her head, Ayra stretched before lowering them back down as she explained her thoughts. "The dark side isn't about who has more Star Destroyers, more soldiers, or who has the better technology. Those things are nothing next to the Force. The Jen'ari are weak but they have delivered an opportunity to us. It is true that if we were to leave things how they are now then the Jen'ari would likely lose. But that isn't the point."

"The point is taking over. Eliminating the competition. I have influence in the Jen'ari. You are in command of some of the Empire's naval assets. If we conspire together we could stop the battle before it begins. Call for a ceasefire. That is when we strike at Carnifex. Victory won't come through military might, it comes through betrayal. That is the way of the dark side."

"You present a vulnerability to him through your position. We are Sith. It is because of risk that we get to where we need too. When Carnifex risked his life by conspiring with others to get to his position he knew what would happen to him should he fail. So he made sure that he did not fail. And with us back together we will not fail either."

"A Sith like yourself who lowers herself to be content with diluted power and serving others is not much a Sith at all. You have it in your mind that you work with Carnifex and that you do not serve him, but that is just a false dichotomy. You have to bend the knee to a man that has hurt you in more ways than one and now he uses you to keep himself in power. Be brave and strong with me Circe. My Pandeima. My Vanessa. Please?"

Extending a hand for Vanessa to take Ayra never took her eyes away from hers as she waited for her to take it.

“Palpatine alone was not able to maintain order in the galaxy. Regardless of his power, he still needed an entire military. There is no opportunity to be gained - the Empire are not going to have a ceasefire with heretics, particularly those under the sway of Vyrassu. I appreciate that you see this as an opportunity for power for us - for both of us - but the fact of the matter is that it isn’t.”

Vanessa continued. “I am not a threat to Kaine because of my position, nor do I desire to be a threat.”

She looked at Ayra for a moment. “I have control of my resources. I don’t work with Carnifex - the vast majority of what I have done has had nothing to do with interacting with him, Ayra. My inflicting casualties on the Commenori and their allies, my destroying Republic and Silver Jedi assets - that was my doing, not at the behest of the Emperor, but at my own decision. I do as I must in order to preserve the Empire that will last for far after Zambrano’s eventual demise, whenever that may be. To preserve our power as the Sith in preparation for the next great resurgence. As we did with the New Order.” She replied. Vanessa looked at the hand and gently clasped it in two of them.

“If you want me to betray the Empire I hold a degree of responsibility for... I can’t. I’m sorry.”

[member="Ella Nova"]

A look of pure disgust itched itself across the face of Darth Ayra. Some of it did lay with what she was hearing from Vanessa but most of it stemmed from what she had learned about Carnifex. He was the Emperor of the Sith Empire and yet it was like Vanessa did not actually serve him. She could see it from a certain point of view. Rather than establish himself as the sole ruler of the Sith, and have all others serve him like much of the predecessors who called themselves the Dark Lord of the Sith, it seemed to Ayra that Carnifex was not making the other Sith bend the knee to him. She could see it being effective in stopping the very old problems that came with ruling the Sith. Individuals like Vanessa would be less inclined to remove him from his position of Emperor because they felt that they didn't necessarily serve him despite the fact that it was ultimately his Empire that they were expanding.

But it did scream in the face of what it meant to follow the ways of the dark side. It was through passion that the Sith gained strength. Through strength they gained power. Was this not another sign that Carnifex was too weak to establish complete control over his Empire? Or was this act of ruling seen as the modern day evolution of the Sith paradigm? That through this rule the Sith would finally complete the promise of the Sith Order and rule the stars rather than turning against one another as Darth Ayra had been trying to convince Darth Pandeima to do since her arrival here in this laboratory?

"Pandeima... I wasn't suggesting that you betray the Empire..."

Even though it must be destroyed, Darth Ayra thought to herself.

"...I want you and I to takeover the Empire together. You're contradicting yourself. How does the removal of a weakling like Zambrano equate to us betraying the Empire? He was challenged by another Sith, and has been challenged by Vyrassu for a long time. Instead of dealing with it he would bring the Empire into a civil war with the Jen'ari after the fact. That is the intentions of man more concerned in keeping himself in power as Emperor rather than serving the best interests of the Empire and meeting Vyrassu's challenge by bringing about a war."

[member="Ella Nova"]

“There is a time I intend to take over the Empire. That time is nowhere near now. I don’t intend to disrupt the stable growth that Kaine has provided us as a galactic power since taking charge of the new Empire. The moment I ever intend to take the Empire over is when we’ve been crippled, when our campaign to regain the territory the Empire once held years ago has turned into petty squabbling between warlords and governors. Then and only then will I move to restore the stability we will have lost.”

Vanessa removed her hands from Ayra’s own grasp as she maintained eye contact. “Like him or not, Zambrano has done at least a half decent job in restoring Sith fortunes in the galactic north. The Jen’ari were never a part of this Empire and are more heretic than traitor - we aren’t in a civil war. This is an inquisition.” Vanessa took a step back.

“Kaine has not been challenged by Vyrassu in any meaningful way. We’re going to crush the Jen’ari, Alicia. I certainly would hope not to see you or perhaps harm you in the conflict to come. I still care about you after all.”

The situation was growing tense. If Ayra tried something, Vanessa did have her lightsaber within the laboratory, but she was certainly hoping this interaction would end peacefully.

Overwhelmed with emotion and sudden desire motivated by her passions Darth Ayra stepped forward and caught Pandeima in a sudden embrace. Every taste, even second, every moment that elapsed as she held this woman was a moment to enjoy and remember. There it was. She had come out and said it. Like her Pandeima wanted to remove Carnifex from power and it had pleased Ayra so that she couldn't stop herself from giving Pandeima a kiss for the ages. When she finally let go, Darth Ayra knew that the opportunity she had foreseen in the upcoming conflict between the Jen'ari and the Sith Empire paled in comparison to the one that Pandeima could give her now. This was how it was done and the beast within Darth Ayra nodded it's head in approval to her work. Betrayal is the way of the dark side, Darth Ayra always reminded herself.

Letting go of Pandeima Ayra lifted the back of her hand upwards and kiss it gently. She looked up and said: "Everything you have said is right. The Jen'ari are meaningless. I have been testing you. And you pass."

Turning back to the steps Darth Ayra pulled back on her robe and summoned her Lightsaber into her outstretched palm. She turned back to Pandeima. "You weren't the first I approached about the Jen'ari. There is another in the Empire called Grond. Like you I failed to turn him to the Jen'ari's side and facilitate the downfall of Zambrano at Csilla. I anticipated before I spoke to him than there was a likelihood that what we discussed would be taken to the Emperor. If Grond did tell on me then I am likely already being looked for."

"If you truly want us to be together then we should keep things quiet. When the time comes the two of us will challenge the Emperor. It is through secrecy that we will have what we have always wanted."

“Perhaps you misheard me.” Vanessa said. “Kaine provides the Empire with the stability it needs. I have no intention of overthrowing and killing him, or of doing such to whoever his successor may be. My intention for taking over the Empire is for such to occur only in a truly dire and desperate time - when there is no one else willing to step up and take the mantle of Emperor or Empress so we can maintain stability in the face of warlordism, civil war, and attacks by light-aligned factions. Then I will make my move - a move I pray doesn’t have to be made.”

Vanessa sighed at Ayra’s enthusiasm regarding attacking the Emperor. “Alicia... if you spoke to someone else and attempted to persuade them to betray the Empire, to turn on the Emperor and kill him, then your very presence here is currently a liability. Please, give up this campaign of senseless betrayal and accept that we are not just limited to two in number. Turn yourself in and I will do what I can to ensure as little harm comes to you as possible. It’s not too late for you to join.”

Noticing the lightsaber return to Ayra’s hand, Vanessa summoned a lightsaber hilt to her hand, one very crude in design - one of the prototype perpetuating lightsabers that was more powerful and immune to cortosis. “If not - go. And try not to cause any more trouble. Please. I don’t want to do this.”

[member="Ella Nova"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom