Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Celebration [Mandalorian Empire]

Atsushi Ono

A
For some of Clan Skirata this party was a slap in the face. Their beloved Alor was dead, their honor in question they had no one to look to save Dorn. And to be honest, Dorn was quite fine with that. With the Skirata that had proven loyal to him already at his side and the Death Watch at his back he had all the support he needed and with that bothersome old man and his brother out of the picture they had no choice but to follow him as the third and final option for Alor candidacy.

Outside of House Skirata others congratulated him on his success and gave their condolences for Gil. None were the wiser that he had been the one to hide him away. For all intents and purposes he was on the icy battlefield of the Cold Iron City along with them. So tonight he drank in confidence. A mug of ne'tra gal on one hand and a Mandalorian maiden in the other he made his way through the outdoor gathering as jolly as can be.

Preliat dropped his grip from [member="Kal Ordo"], watching his limp body go up. His time would come. But Preliat didn't need to be there for it. He'd done enough in this war. [member="Ra Vizsla"] and his conquests had taken enough of his soul, killed, exiled, or worse to enough of his friends that he didn't need to do more of the Undying's work for him. He walked over to [member="Yasha Mantis"], and for the first time since she was a small child, her father picked her up, and carried her in his arms.

He looked around at the party, at his brother, [member="Silas Mantis"]. He looked at his daughter. For a moment, his eyes flashed blue, and he smiled as best as he could. He spoke quietly to the hell child, before he sat her down.

"After tonight- I'm taking you home. To where mom always wanted you to go."

He would not take from her the blessing of a victorious feast and celebration with her compatriots. But after this, Preliat was planning more than the life of a Mandalorian. Something real. Something honest. Something simple. His eyes fell onto the Undying, hatefully. He turned and watched the newest Skirata leader, a young man who went by [member="Dorn Skirata"]. He had no idea who he was. He didn't care.

He just wanted to leave.

Joanes Quez

J
On several spits, overseen by the patriarch of the modest Clan Quez, were turkeys roasting on open fires. His concern in the war had been supply lines, keeping his Mandalorian brothers and sister fed, as there had been plenty to bring the fight to those that opposed his Mand'alor's will. No shortage of able bodies to stand for Manda'yaim. Though many had been lost, they would rebuild. Tonight they celebrated having won the opportunity to do so, and thus bring justice and care to the Mother. If only Murriel could have seen this day.

"It'll all be as it once was," murmurs to no-one but her memory, eyes casting to the sky above as he took a step back from the spit he'd been tending, leaving it to the other hands of his small clan that had put in for the task as he looked forward and went to refill his mug. He knew what happened at celebrations like these. It was where he'd met her, causing his eldest child to be some nine months later, "almost, almost."

Speaking of that child, where was she? And the other one, for that matter... he chuckled, knowing anything could happen, and found the bar, settling into conversation with the 'keep for the start of the night.

The Gold Wolf showed up distinctly late to the party though it was clear to anyone who looked at the giant that he had taken some time to "prepare" himself for the party, straight steps couldn't hide the distant look in his face. In distinct contrast to the earthy looking man a bright pink girl was strung on his arm, one he had acquainted himself with over a duel.

The height contrast was clear between Tahn and [member="Adora Namadi"] as he immediately swiped up drinks for the pair, passing one to the girl on his side as he knelt down with a grin. His attention span was short as he looked around for something to entertain himself, working around to the scene caused by [member="Kal Ordo"] and the men and women justifiably assaulting him.

He watched with glee and he poured a drink quickly down his gullet before he realized the shared connection with the old man, a devilish smile coming across his face instead of what should have been pity to his fellow kind.

Jate ca'nara, ruug'la jag.

The words stretched from Tahn's mind into the bloodied man as he made his way around to him, bringing along the girl that he had brought to the celebration. He mocked the old wolf as the man was tied and bloodied, a stuttered laugh coming from his gut.

The Gold Wolf leaned in close to the man as he stared him dead in the eyes, the distant eyes seemingly staring at the wolf that hid behind the human visage.

"What's wrong, old man? Not enjoying yourself?"

The feigned concern tricked nobody as the drugs in his system quickly made his fake look of pity back into a psychopathic grin as he lifted the mug above the old wolf's head, a turn of the hand leaving it trickling down his beard. His crazed eyes quickly flicked between his fellow Gurlanin and the date he had brought, before sitting himself at a nearby table.

Spice was found everywhere as he took some more before offering to the girl at his side, an expectant look filling his golden gaze.

Kaveh Garshasp

K
He had fought on Mia's side for a time. He wasn't one to really judge people based on their status at birth and so Mia's message really resonated with him.

Until they brought down MandalMotors tower and pushed back the assault on Sundari. It was then that Kresh saw the grade of leader Ra was and he knew he had to capture these moments, and to do so he needed to be alive. Mandalore needed something to look to again, a reason to wake up and dust off the rubble and get back to work in the morning. And so he was here, a small crew of Mandalorian videographers with him. With his helmet clipped to his waist and a barrel of Ne'tra gal in each arm he walked through the crowd, towering over most of the Mandalorians present.

"GAHAHA! Maybe now we can get some work done here! GAHAHA" The people needed to see this, see the hope that glittered in the drunken eyes of the Death Watch as they drank and ate the night away. His true aim was to get an interview with Ra, the now undisputed Sole Ruler of the Mandalorians. He had spotted him long ago, but he needed a bit more drink in him. With a grunt he dropped and grabbed one barrel by the metal ring wrapped around its wooden body and lifted the spigot to his moth and drank from the barrel.

His interns looked on in awe and horror as their boss drank and drank.

“Daddy! You’re alive and... I missed you so much!” Yasha spoke in perfect Epicant, her Mando’a stutter vacant for her mother tongue. She threw her arms around her father, burying her forehead in his neck.

“I missed you, Daddy. Don’t ever make me fight without you again. You need your Yasha! I need my Daddy.” She clung with the strength of the damned, her one rock carrying her forth. Yasha was in the safest spot in the known universe, the eternally abundant arms of a loving father, who loved and set boundaries for his beloved child. Cast into his embrace, Yasha let her gauntlet fall off her arm to the ground. Both hands, flesh and blood hands gripped the back of Preliat’s neck like a crushgaunt. She panted and put a hand to her recovering scar, a line of red seeping through her clothing.

“Owie. Daddy, getting shot is no fun. Let’s not do that again and say we didn’t.” Yasha pouted as she had when she was little, blinking glassy eyes for her father. The moonlight meant she could see without her goggles, for once Yasha had nothing to fear from the light.

“I love you Daddy.” Yasha clung to Preliat’s body, her legs weaving around his chest as she hung in her father’s arms. This was why the war was worth fighting, and dying. A family reunited and maintained. Yasha missed the glint in his eyes, she missed the inhumanity for the beauty of catharsis.

“Why’d you leave me? What was so important you had to go away?” Yasha looked at Preliat with her father’s eyes, her chin wobbling as she hugged and kissed his wounded cheeks.

“There. I made it better.” She smiled for Preliat, the centre of her childish universe. “We’re going to Atrisia? Does this mean I gotta learn to dance again? And sit pretty and serve tea? What about Papa [member="Ra Vizsla"]? And Uncle [member="Silas Mantis"] and [member="Kaden Farr"]? And [member="Narir Tracyn"]? The boys got their verd’gotens. Am I getting one on Atrisia?”

In her way, the hell child didn’t understand what her father meant, a voluntary banishment from the Mando’ade. She didn’t realize that in Atrisia, as Aditya wanted, a child became an adult at 20, that she had years of being a child left. While the Mando’ade were fierce and quick to grow up, the Atrisians took their time. There would be no verd’goten. No more death. Nothing but the blissful life of a minor noble inheriting a title her Panathan mother earned for service to a former Emperor.

“Daddy? Mama named him Eli. My brother. I saw them when I got shot, I went home for a little and they’re there. Mama tried to make me hide and come back to the Blood Plains. But... but I didn’t go. I promise I won’t go. Never ever ever... ow, Daddy you’re squeezing too tight, my scar hurts.” Set down, Yasha tugged at the bag around her shoulder and hip. Filled with beskads, medi-packs, gauntlets and hold out pistols, the bag was her promise to Ra.

The faith of a child didn’t understand strife between adults, but for the past swathes of time, Ra had been the stability Yasha missed from her grieving father. She picked up on her tip toes, spotted Ra, and took her Daddy’s hand. Walking to the fire where Ra stoked the flames, Yasha came to salute and stand tall like Ra taught her, even if she winced at the bloody patch on her clothes.

“Ra? I’m sorry I didn’t get my friends to safety without a fight... I... I took trophies for my Mand’alor that would help you feel better. Daddy? Ra has been the best ‘not-Daddy-but-protector’ in the universe. I did what I was told, I collected trophies of my kills for my Mand’alor.” The well-laden bag of beskads, medi-packs and pieces of armour fell off her shoulder onto the log beside Ra. She grunted at the stitch in her side and laid out her prizes.

Over forty trophies for Ra, all taken from the bodies of Mandalorians, who did not survive Preliat’s daughter. Small she might have been, but mighty. Too taken with her father’s path. The girl was a savant of the battlefield, an asset to be pointed in the right direction. She was a child who deserved to grow up without the horrors of war and conquest.

“I’m sorry I didn’t grab the other seven, but I was bleeding out. It’s okay! Briika fixed me! And [member="Malika Mantis"] turned into a BEAR AND WENT CRASH RAWR and turned a speeder over then I died for a couple seconds but it’s okay cause the Netherworld isn’t home anymore so... so I’m sorry you got hurt.” Clambering up on the place where Ra sat, Yasha wrapped her arms around the Undying’s neck, and hugged him.

“I hope you like your t-trophies.” A child in her innocence killed for Ra Vizsla. For Manda’yaim, for the retribution of nuclear fallout and volcanic ash. She killed to end a battle and see her father, her guardian smile. She killed to avoid the terrible return of her young life to her Netherworldly home.

“Thank you for avenging Mama and giving me my Daddy back.”

Love. It was as simple as a child’s innocent gift, as deep as the divide between the Netherworld and Manda’yaim. Ra felt the love of Manda’yaim calling him forever back from the brink of death, to guide the Mando’ade back to their glory.

Nisha Decrilla

N
[member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Malika breathed soft sigh of relief as Preliat moved away, sweeping up his daughter. Yasha chatting away in epicant, clinging gratefully to him. She watched the pair moved away, a twang of pain in her heart. How had they become so broken? Her eyes found Silas and she managed a sad smile at his inquisitive raised eyebrow. He didn't need to ask the questions aloud, she knew all of them already. Why are you here? Where is Tristan? Where is Fenn?

Malika shook her head, braids gently tapping her cheek as she did. She cast one last glance at Kal as he swung once more from the tree before moving towards Silas and Kaden. Her heart gave another painful twang as she realised just how much he and Preliat looked like Tristan. The answers to his questions danced on the edge of her tongue yet somehow her voice failed to work. Perhaps he’d read it in her pained expression.

Drink, she thought. I need a drink. Without another word she moved away from them, perhaps they’d follow, perhaps not. She snatched up an empty mug, filling it from one of the barrels and taking a large gulp. She closed her eyes for a moment, relishing in the heat the tihaar lft throughout her body, shoulders relaxing a little.

Eyes slide open, gliding toward the banquet table.Yasha had said she was hungry, she had been to, until she’d set eyes upon her brothers. Heaving a sigh, she collected a plate, piled it high and then moved to find her niece. The child’s arms were looped about the Mand’alor’s neck, the man who had watched over Yasha while Preliat had struggled.

“Yash’ika,” she said softly to get the girls attention, she wobbled the plate of food enticingly.

When the dust had settled, it seemed only Caius remained close to [member="Kal Ordo"]'s side. After being beaten up, taunted by the public and mocked by a Vizsla, the man still hadn't tried taking his life away. The Fett had always found most questions needless. In life there were mostly only statements. Statements forged by actions.

The old man hanging from the tree's statement was long made.

A traitor to his people.

Had the war turned on a different tide, it might've been very well Caius hanging from that tree. It slightly bewildered him, as much as bewilderment could sprout roots in the heart of a stoic man.

But curiosity, surprisingly prevailing, urged him to ask the man one simple question. His voice loud enough to hear and neutral as a droid's.

"Why?"

Silas had arrived. His voice unmistakeable to Kaden by now. He nodded in response to what Silas had said. Kaden was conflicted. On one hand he was angry with [member="Preliat Mantis"] for what seemed like an abandonment of his own daughter. On the other hand, Kaden felt nothing but concern for the man who had lost so much and had to carry on. Silas ws right. They all needed to be there for him, but who would be there for Yasha while the man was sorting out his issues?

He sighed as he turned to look up to his father. Kaden would not see Silas any other way at this point. He had not been officially adopted, but Kaden was a Mantis, and he belonged to Silas.

"I was not hurt as badly as Yasha was. My arm will have a decent scar on the shoulder. We succeeded in our mission, and I brought Yash'ika home."

Kaden knew he used the affectionate form of her name. It was not the first time, but it was the first time he had done so in front of any of her family. He was confident Silas had already discerened there was more happening inside of Kaden's mind and emotions than a simple friendship by now. Silas was likely the one safe person he could confide in when it came to the confusing feelings he had.

It was short lived at the mention of armor. It was time for him to have his armor. A smile lit up Kaden's face as he turned around fully.

"My own set! Can we see Kad Tor first thing tomorrow before he returns to Dxun?"

From the corner of his eye he saw Preliat scoop up Yasha. He didn't know what he had said to her, but for some reason there was a bad feeling in the pit of Kaden's stomach. Yasha also went to Ra to offer up the trophies. Kaden smirked. This was going to be intetesting to watch.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Silas Mantis"] | [member="Malika Mantis"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Kal Ordo"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Briika Tor-Munin stood tall and solemn in a simple shield maiden's dress rather than her usual silver-colored beskar'gam at the side of the funeral pyre of [member="Mia Monroe"]; azure orbs staring into the hot, orange-yellow flames that consumed the battered body of the former Mand'alor the Liberator. Beside the golden blonde on one side was her youngest child, [member="Kayra Munin"], then on the other side her oldest, [member="Mesh'la Garon"]. The three strong Tor women would say their remembrances together especially highlighting the names of Solus and Kara Tor; the elders of Clan Tor that were murdered by the Mando'ad for whom they paid respects to in death as justice had been served and the lives of millions of brothers and sisters lost avenged.

The Baar'ur gave an affirming nod to each of her daughters after they had finished the names of those that had marched on before them, then took a step towards the pyre. She spit into the fire that lapped at the charred remains and let all the hate felt for the hut'uun go forth with the deceased to the Manda. The matriarch of the family forgave, but would never forget nor should anyone of the twisted Force user's deed against them. It was a reminder those of them afflicted with the disease should be cured of it or forever be banished from Manda'yaim.

Stepping away from the funeral pyre, Briika waited for the young dark blonde and the other golden blonde to do the same, then took their hands in hers and gave them each a loving squeeze.

"Now is time for celebration, ner ad'ika, and more so life moving forward," Bree smiled warmly at each of the girls who greatly resembled her, then she turned and began to walk towards the food and drink that were being indulged by those gathered.

[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Aden Garon"] [member="Cinara Vencu"] [member="Lok Munin"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Artemis Lux"] [member="Kade Dar'Ures"]

[member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Ra immediately stashed his paraphenelia, which he had not yet imbibed, in his trouser's pocket as the children approached. Yasha was the first one, his ward, clamoring towards him to hug his neck and gift him her trophies. There were so many - the prowess of this child never ceased to amaze the Mand'alor. He stood, kneeling down, the massive frame of the Mand'alor waving over to [member="Kaden Farr"] to join them as well. The boy seemed a bit more mature, but Ra wanted to address what they had seen during the Civil War, if only for a moment.

"I will make an exception for tonight about our rule on not hugging your Mand'alor, little Rekr." It was Mando'ade for Wolf. He picked her up off of him and sat her on the ground, standing as he kneeled. "Come, Kaden." he motioned again.

"You have done well, this past month, little Rekrs. What you have seen, what you have experienced, may have been confusing. Mandalore was sick. The earth beneath our feet, the game we feast on tonight, the spirits of our Ancestors, our friends... even our family... it was all sick." He looked down at the ground, placing a massive hand in the dirt and grabbing a handful. "No matter how sick Manda'yaim gets, she lives on in all of us. As long as you breathe, I breathe." Ra took off his wolf medallion necklace, giving it to Yasha. "Before my own mother passed, she gave me this. It reminds me of where I come from, of who I am. How I came to be.

There were those who tried to protect me, who tried to pretend that I was never in danger, but I was tough. Like you. I would always fight back.

But tough people can feel fear, too.

This medallion, this remnant of my mother took away my fear. I would squeeze it so tight, like this," Ra placed Yasha's hand around it and squeezed the medallion gently. "And I would think of her. And everything would go away. And I would no longer feel scared. She wasn't ever really there. But I could feel it.

Next time you feel that fear, and you know you have to fight back - squeeze it and think of your Mand'alor, and I will answer."

Ra sat back down in his chair, facing the fire, taking Yasha's trophies with him.​
"Now go, Yasha. Tend to your father.
Tonight is a night for family."
But not for Ra.​
Where he was going, he had to go alone.​

For someone who maintained an appearance so vibrant, Adora's celebration experience was sorely lacking. That was the nature of a life forced to be spent mostly out of the action. One she was hardly a fan of but, hey, what can you do? And thus she was quite content with watching the revelry at the side of [member="Tahn Vizsla"], at least for the moment.

And what revelry it was. Not nook nor cranny was left untouched by the festivities of the varied sort. Where one song left off, another picked up, all of which were in various stages of tuned. Shouts of various tones and volumes sprung up every so often. It was the type of revel that needed not the complexity of harmonies or even a general key. The sheer noise of it all ensured any real musical triumphs would have little place here. There was enough food for one to eat their fill eight times over. Well, someone of her size, at least. Her perfectly average size.

A good-natured eye roll was her response to being handed the drink. She really wasn't that short, the behemoth didn't have to kneel. Still, she gladly accepted the drink, sipping at it as she continued her observations. It seemed a bit of a scuffle had broken out between a prisoner and other attendees. It was fairly obvious who had come out on top, the bound man being beaten and bloodied and the night was still young.

As they drew closer, Adora couldn't help but wince at the old man's injuries. It wasn't out of pity, no. [member="Kal Ordo"] probably deserved what had been dealt to him, at least to some extent. More accurately, she shuddered to think how'd she'd fair if ever in the same position. No doubt, it wouldn't be pretty.

When Tahn was finished patronizing the sorry soul, she settled into a seat, content to continue people watching. It wasn't like she'd run out of material any time soon, not with this lot. She gave a bit of a laugh when the spices were handed to her, said laugh being cut short when she actually looked up at her current companion, brow furrowing instead.

"I know you're all spiced up and everything, but, is this some joke?"

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kresh Danner"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Malika Mantis"] [member="Caius Fett"] [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Adora Namadi"]

Kal hung slumped forward limp from the beating he had just taken. The smells of food wafted from a nearby revelers plate and tugged at his primal instincts. His hairy body was matted from blood and sweat that made the cold of the evening bite as badly as his bonds.

He lifted his head slightly and felt fresh blood tinged drool run from his mouth as he looked at the man who had tied hung him back up like a prized kill waiting to drain for skinning. Why? There was nothing profound or altruistic in his decision. No grand gesture of family loyalty or pride. He didn't give a damn about Monroe or Ra. He was a hunter. The death watch had been the better prey.

"Better sport." He rasped through bloody lips. His throat felt like he had swallowed glassteel. "More targets."

He watched the blonde again through one good eye, the other already swollen shut. He wished she hadn't seen that. He wished she hadn't seen him like this. He had been a hunter. One of the better ones in his time. And she had acted like he was a pup still leanring to tear meat. She should have seen him in his prime, not like this.

He let himself slump agaisnt his bonds again but his yellow eye continued to glance back up at those who passed by. Even another of his own kind chidded and mocked him but Kal didn't respond. But he would remember. He always did.

- As Jayde Khala -
Jayde slipped the last item off her plate, a large roasted leg basted in a tangy sauce. Keeping the plate in her off hand, she let it dangle down at her side while she took bites from the delicious smelling and better tasting meat. She remained utterly silent while she ate, her eyes riveted on the prisoner as the wind took the scent of her food towards the hunter.

Jayde was a hunter as well, and she was well aware of her positioning. She wasn't the cruelest Mandalorian ever born, but she wasn't above a little mischief. Others were enjoying themselves with booze, drugs, sex, and fist fights. The Alor of Clan Khala didn't have the stomach for such revelries at the moment, nor did she have the level of rage to play speed bag on the prisoners face.

Jayde's right ear perked up slightly as she heard a growl that sounded decidedly like someone's stomach. She smirked slightly, the first mirth she actually felt all night.

[member="Kal Ordo"]​

[member="Preliat Mantis"]' smile, however brief, alarmed him more than it should've. It was alien to him, he hadn't seen it in years, and something about it struck him. For the briefest instant his eyes looked almost entirely different, and just like that they were normal. He tried to push aside his concern aside and flashed a small smile back at his kin from where he stood leaning on his crutch.

While [member="Yasha Mantis"] ran to embrace [member="Ra Vizsla"], [member="Malika Mantis"] gave him a look which rattled something inside him. Something in her eyes, something he'd seen in Preliat's so many times before seemingly radiated from her gaze; grief. Silas did not know why she grieved, why she'd undoubtedly left Ordo with his mother in tears to join the warrior culture he'd embraced, but he knew it was not simply for a reunion. It was something for later.

He needed to go home at some point.

Turning his attention back to [member="Kaden Farr"] he nodded to his ward as he told him the tale of the battle, and of the boy's bravery. "Of course, I'll see if I can make contact with him little rekr." He assured Kaden. For a moment, he could only remember his guttural snarl in the streets of Sundari. My boy he'd called Kaden. Yes, Kaden was his boy, he was his son in all but blood and name, and Silas was proud to be as much of a father to him as he could. Then, Ra called his boy to him.

"Go to the Undying, and behave." Silas commanded, though not with any harshness, but with a more teasing tone than anything else. Something was developing between the two adolescents he was closest too, and to be frank he should've suspected that something along those lines would happen eventually. He only hoped neither of them hurt the other, one because he loved the both of them, but also because it would've made any sort of gathering incredibly awkward.

Damn crazy kids.

The medallion’s significance was not lost on Preliat’s only remaining child. Standing as tall and solemn as she could, Little Rekr’s unhidden brown eyes basked unapologetically at the Undying’s verdant gaze. The Mantis girl looked her age without the protective eye wear the daylight caused her to don, a child listening in awe to her hero.

Her Mand’alor. As Ra wove her hand around his mother’s treasure, she shut her eyes and held it tight, fingers warm around the totem. She looked briefly between Ra and Kaden, seeping in the knowledge that even adults like Ra and her Daddy got scared. Even undying warriors needed a talisman against the dark.

I promise I’ll take care of it... I was scared, Ra. Not Netherworld scared, but different. I was scared I’d lose you and Daddy and ba’vodu Silas. But protecting Manda’yaim’s worth the scars, isn’t it? We’ll make Manda’y-yaim better, I’ll work even harder. I promise.” The scars on Ra’s body were her answer. She counted the ones she caused, committing them to memory so the little Rekr would recall that even her insignificant life was worth saving. Just as Manda’yaim.

If this is the one time you’re making an excuse-tion.. excep-p... ex-cep-tion then I gotta take advantage. Thank you, Ra. I love it.” Yasha threw her arms around the Mand’alor’s waist one last time, hugging as tight as her tiny, recovering arms could, before letting go and standing at attention... and just out of reach. A devil’s smile brushed across the precocious girl’s face, knowing full well [member="Ra Vizsla"] was giving special dispensation only because of the unique occasion. She wound her hand around the wolf medallion, which she slipped around her neck and looked up between [member="Preliat Mantis"], and Ra.

Uncle [member="Silas Mantis"] said it’s time to get my beskar’gam. Can I Daddy? Ra, am I ready? If [member="Kaden Farr"] gets his, I need mine cause otherwise he’s gonna get himself killed... no offence Kade but you need your Yasha almost as much as Daddy does.” She looked to her best friend, hand still clinging to Ra’s gift.

Daddy says we’re leaving Mandalore tomorrow, but I can still get my armour, right? Even if I’m on Atrisia?” The little girl still didn’t understand what Preliat meant, by taking her off Mandalore. She had no concept of her mother’s dying decision to remove Yasha from Mandalorian life: an existence without war or need for armour. In her mind it was simply another location to continue on, a proxy for the planet which was ill and now recovering.

She did understand one indelibly important item of business, though.

Dinner!!” Yasha bolted over to [member="Malika Mantis"] with one last wave to Ra. “See you later, Mand’alor! Kaden! Daddy! Daddy, come on, Auntie Malililili has dinner and I’m starving! And Auntie Malili turns into a bear and a wolf so if you don’t listen she’ll eat you up! Hurry, Daddy! Hurry!

Yasha grabbed Preliat’s hand and vaulted over the nearest log toward Malika, barrelling into the Shi’do and giving the Mand’alor his space. "Auntie! Auntie, look! Look what Ra g-gave m-me!"

She eyed [member="Kal Ordo"], watching the blood drip from his broken body. Once she was finished eating, Yasha decided it was the 'make Manda'yaim less sick' thing to do to bring the old Gurlanin some meat and a drink to wash it down... after she ate, that was. Even monsters needed the chance to get better. Even a child of hell could do something right.

Kaden was taken aback when Ra called for him also. He understood why Yasha was asked for. She was his ward, and she was the one he had chosen to invest his time and mentorship in. Silas sent him along with the admonition to behave. He shot [member="Silas Mantis"] a look which suggested the first of many moments where the father and son would have some tension. Kaden always behaved, but since coming home from the medical ward with Yasha alone, Silas had been giving him less privacy.

Ra allowed Yasha to hug him, and Kaden watched. They were beckoned to follow for a brief moment. Kaden listened to what Ra had said. Mandalore was sick, it needed healing, they had done good work. However, Kaden had never once been confused on what he had seen. Kaden’s confusion was centered on the things he had felt because of it. Over the course of the war he had experienced many emotions a changing mind and body weren’t always the best to handle.

”We are children of this great planet, and we will always rise to defend her, Mand’alor. We will always answer your call.”

It was all Kaden knew to say in the moment. Anything else was drained from him when Yasha said that her father [member="Preliat Mantis"] was taking her away. [member="Yasha Mantis"] couldn’t leave! Just a few days prior he had taken her home from the medical ward. Kaden had been the one which had been there for her, and Yasha was right. Kaden needed his Yasha. The fact she had said that in front of [member="Ra Vizsla"] and her father with those words would tell anyone their relationship was changing.

Kaden’s appetite was gone. He had no chance to pull Yasha aside and tell her he didn’t want her to leave. Kaden wasn’t going to make a scene and complain about it either. His eyes went straight to Silas as Yasha ran towards [member="Malika Mantis"]. Kaden returned to him.

”They are leaving... tonight!? Si’buir do something. He will break up the Echoy’la Soluse, and take Yash’ika away!”

Kaden no longer wanted food.

[member="Narir Tracyn"] | [member="Kal Ordo"]

He let Yasha go, and stood next to his brother while she played with her friend, Kaden. Then it started to click. Kaden and Yasha. Yasha and Kaden. He tapped his fingers on his bicep. He bounced up and down on his heels. This was a newfound anger. A white hot, protective anger. His daughter was interested in a boy. A boy. A boy with thoughts and intentions. A Mandalorian boy who'd grow up to be a Mandalorian man- he stared at Kaden from across the party, and looked over at Silas, looking over his brother for a moment before he cast his gaze in the Ra's direction. Preliat kept his arms folded, and spoke to his brother while looking in the direction of the undying.

"There is something afoot, here. Something is wrong with me. Something that I cannot place. I'm taking Yasha back to Atrisia."

He gave his brother a moment to process the statement, before speaking again.

"Something is not just wrong with me, however, brother. Something is wrong with our Sole Ruler."

He turned finally to face his younger, albeit equally deadly and capable brother. "And I, nor Yasha, will be around to find out what it is. I grow weary of these conquests, the wars, the battles...Mia is dead. Aditya is avenged. You're alive, Yasha is alive, and needs to be something that neither of us got a chance to do." He looked over at his sister-in-law, then back over to Silas.

"A childhood free of warfare, of heartache and strife- all the ones I can spare her from, at least. Force knows she's suffered enough."

Then, the little one came up. Preliat wanted to kick him in the face, but resisted the temptation. He just stared at him while he whined about Yasha going away.

"Spaceships were invented quite a while ago."

[member="Kaden Farr"] l [member="Silas Mantis"] l [member="Yasha Mantis"] l [member="Ra Vizsla"] l [member="Malika Mantis"]

The Akaan would not give his respects to the likes of Mia or her ilk that followed her against Ra and Death Watch. In his heart and mind he felt that the deceased of the traitors that fought for Monroe didn't deserve to be remembered or be given a proper burial. Nor did he believe that those that fought for Monroe that had surrendered should've been pardon and given a second chance at life.

It bothered him greatly, but he had orders that needed to be obliged and respected despite his thoughts and beliefs.

The internal conflict between the Mandalorians had ended, making them hopefully stronger than ever but it wasn't over for Vilaz. He still remembered the day when Mia showed her face at Mandalore, pregnant, giving a speech.

That child...must die.

Mia didn't had any rights or privileges for the crimes and atrocities she had, including having children. The Munin made a vow to find the child and end its life before he could rest in peace. It carried the sins of a mother, and every blood related to Monroe would have to die. But now he would put aside that personal objective later and enjoy the festival, while maintaining his distance from warriors that pledged themselves to Mia. The Concordian went directly to his wife and their children, holding two cups of wine that was meant for him and Bree.

"Enjoying the night, girls," the man said to his family with a smile, handing out the glass of wine to his beloved and giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

[member="Briika Tor-Munin"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Briika watched with thoughtful eyes as [member="Mesh'la Garon"] peered off into the distance where [member="Aden Garon"] and their soon to be three year old son were walking through the crowds of revelers; Valen sitting atop his father's broad shoulders and seemingly to ride him as if on his pretend bes'uliik. It was endearing to say the least.

"It's okay. Go to them. Enjoy your family time, Mesh'ika... And yes, I know you two are back together," Bree smiled with a knowing mother's look that her daughter and [member="Strider Garon"]'s bastard had reconciled their marriage fully. It was evident in the blonde's sparkling blue eyes and in the extra bounce seen in the young woman's step. Briika only knew it too well when things were right in that department. It made all the difference especially in trying times. Like these...

"Buir!" [member="Kayra Tor-Munin"] called out excitedly giving her father a big hug; careful not to spill her parents' alcoholic beverage that [member="Vilaz Munin"] had brought for he and her mother to partake in.

"I am. I got to stand with Mesh and Buir'ika before the funeral pyre of the dar'manda to say our remembrances for ner ba'buire and to spit on her soul... Now we are going to find something to eat. Want to come with us?" the ten year old girl asked with pleading eyes that could melt even the hardiest of Mandos.

While the civil war had been ragging on Mandalore, Kayra had stayed on Concord Dawn with her older sister, uncle, and step-brother to help man the militia there in case the insurgency tried to converge on the nearby frontier planet in Mandalorian space. To be honest, she was jealous of the other ade who got to fight on the front lines like [member="Yasha Mantis"], [member="Kaden Farr"] and [member="Narir Tracyn"].

Briika flashed the rugged Concordian a warm smile after the kiss, then took a much needed sip of the red wine. "Mhm... We are especially now that you are here to enjoy it with us, and this wine really hit the spot. You know me too well, cyar'ika. Vor'e!" she said, giving the Akaan's calloused hand a loving squeeze after slipping her smaller one into his.

"Did you finish up with your business that kept you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom