Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Raven Who Stole Christmas [Invasion of Barab I - Red Ravens vs Black Suns ]

Puppet Kyrios

P
Allies: Red Ravens - [member="Ice"] and Friends
Enemies: Black Sun
Objective: Get the Fredge outta here!

Asteria nodded and held out her arm to [member="Nei Laa"], "I agree with him, let's get the fredge outta here!" With that she lent supporting weight to Nei, got behind Ice, and squeezed a few more rounds off.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.

Enemies: Those who would oppose the Birth of a sun

Allies: Those who'd be blessed by the darkest light.

[member="Cryax Bane"] [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]

This one, this plural, grinned wickedly from within the cryptnet. The encryption protocols around him were evolving--mutating--into a different set of firewalls. An quantum algorithm that fluctuated dependent on localized planetary variables--it was a virtually sapient masterpiece. Cryax would have his work cut out for him, as the data of the net was not only being downloaded, but copied to multiple remote terminals on Nal Hutta, Sleheyron and...Korriban?

Still, the image of fire was on every HUD within spitting distance. A voice echoed over it to Lysle's comm-link Unlike Ash's gravelly whisper, this voice was young, and cheerful--like an adolescent flirting. "I have your network. I'm copying the data to multiple remote data terminals. I intend on blackmailing you with the contents. I suggest we make a deal. Unless you want all the data on your operations falling in the laps of GIA officials on Nar Shadda. You don't want the republic to start indicting your little gang, do you?"

This one was new to this. Hell, it was still deciding what it was. Still, the mission was clear. End this inconvenient war. "The meeting room is down hallway 7b. It is 45 meters up and thirty-five to the left of your current position. You will meet not resistance if you say, 'I wish to meet.' Please confirm," the voice said calmly, "I'd hate to blow up the station with you on it just to open negotiations with your successor post-mortem."

This new being had it's hostage, but no long-term, no end-game. But a network hostage was enough to end to war.

[member="Keanu Shan"]

The meeting room was fairly basic. Chairs, a few holographic terminals and a table around which the chairs were situated. "Please be seated," the droid bellowed, leading him in. "Explanations will be given."

[member="Rayl Wilded"]

The voice came over the sun comm links, "Head over to the meeting room. Holster your weapons for now. We're going to negotiate, and if negotiation fails, we can blow them all to kingdom come." The meeting room was highlight on his HUD's schematics of the now wrecked station. "Before you ask. I'm Mr. Ash...evolved. Don't let anyone else know that yet. I'll explain later."

(OOC: people can keep fighting at their leisure. I'm just offering a resolution for the leadership.)

Allies: Black Suns / Mr. Ash
Enemies: Ravens and Allies / Daxton Bane Lysle of the Hydian Way
Objective: Head to the meeting room

Harsh crackling bolts of energy exchanged between the Sun and Raven forces aboard the near crippled station. Most didn't mess with disintegratior weapons due to their illegality on most worlds. The aggressors has no such qualms, neither did Rayl. He had a license to carry one in Sun territory though. Bodies and ash piled and milled about the void. The walls were covered in blackened streaks. Rayl aimed down the iron sights of his blaster, taking careful aim at where a soldier would pop his head around. When he did, a blaster bolt shattered through his visor. The body went limp and added to their mounting casualties. Rayl ducked back into cover and began reloading.

Mr. Ash once again contacted him. Seemed they were gong to try and negotiate? After all this they should just abandon the station so his Star Destroyers could annihilate them. Ash was in charge though. "Rodger that Ash. I expect excruciating details of all this afterwards".

Rayl waved to his highest ranking man he knew of presently. "Captain. Ash is cooking some talks up. Or something. I want you to hold this perimeter. Only shoot if they cimit to hostilities again".

"Rodger that Sir. You heard him ladies, hold fire and the line". The Captain went back to doing what he had basically been doing. Just with less shooty.

Rayl bound down the corridor. He'd take a secondary passage to the meeting room his HUD indicated. One that would not be filled with Ravens. Not that frying a few more wouldn't be some deserved justice. He just didn't want to do something detrimental to Ash's plan.

Allies: Red Ravens - [member="Keira Ticon"][SIZE=14.4444446563721px] | [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px][member="Nei Laa"] | [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px][member="Paydon"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Mordecai Zambrano"] | [member="Cryax Bane"] | [member="Asteria Starcatcher"] | [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px][member="Calo Xenrus"] | [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px][member="Raven Avachei"] | [member="Tahl Edrel"] | [member="Julian Solo"] | [member="Barik Rahl"] and whoever else in with RR and in 3....[/SIZE]
Enemies: Black Suns - [SIZE=14.4444446563721px][member="Vilaz Munin"][/SIZE]
Objective: Takin' the mines with overwhelming force!

With Asteria helping out Nei, and Paydon covering their six, Ice took point as Cryax and his bunch joined up with them. "Good to be back together and out of that mess they call a city." It wasn't very far to the mines from where they were and they made pretty decent time. The ravens were starting to work together a bit better, helping each other when they needed help, and watching each others back. Gun fire could be heard farther into the tunnels. It didn't sound nearly as bad as it did in the office building area. He wondered if the fighting here was already nearing an end.

Moving silently along the wall line like a ghost, he let the main group serve as a distraction to any lingering enemies that came across them. He didn't have to wait long. A lonely trooper on the way to somewhere stopped dead in his tracks when he stumbled across the group. Before he could finish raising his rifle, a couple shots rang out and impacted his head. Well at least the head that used to be there. The moment the particle beam rounds impacted his face, everything above the shoulders ceased to be.

He fell back to the group and turned off his SSD. "Ok wait for me for just a second. I'm going to blow the connecting tunnel to these mines so we can't be followed. At least not easily, or quickly." And with that, he threw his last thermal detonator down the hall. When it exploded, it took out the support beams that supported that portion of the ceiling. Thus causing a small collapse which cut off the enemy from being able to attack their flank. "Ok ladies, let's move out." He said in a rather cheery voice as he jogged back up to the front ans turned his SSD back on.

Allies: Red Ravens [member="Ice"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Nei Laa"] [member="Xalus"] [member="Asteria Starcatcher"] [member="Tahl Edrel"] [member="Julian Solo"] [member="Barik Rahl"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="io eyeballs"] [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]
Enemies: Black Suns [member="Mr. Ash"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Objective: Taking the mines

"Sure chief, whatever you say," the Chiss muttered. It was obvious that the slicer's attention was compromised by the task at hand, fighting the mutating data beast deep in the Ravens' Cryptnet. Cryax absently noted explosions in the distance, but otherwise in his head there was dead silence as he began to puzzle out the cryptic code. He couldn't decide if the language was completely brilliant or completely insane. Perhaps it was the result of both coinciding with one another.

Cryax's brain burrowed into it like a worm into the mud. The deeper he got, the more he was able to understand how it worked, as well as its strengths, but more importantly its weaknesses. Grimly he discovered that reverse engineering it was impossible. The creature simply couldn't be deleted. The Chiss switched tactics.

His fingers moving at an almost preternatural speed, Cryax started to imitate the code at the same time as he was analyzing it, but as he wrote line after line of his own code, he quickly made improvements. His code would be faster, more efficient, more streamlined and junk free. Version 2.0.

Eventually, the Chiss's code started to take a physical shape of its own. Soon the creature holding their network hostage, with its writhing ethereal body and its chilling high-pitched voice, would see the beginnings of Cryax's creation, a massive beast in its own right, made of thousands of lines of replicating code. As it manifested across the network, it materialized as an enormous Raven, stretching out its wingspan and opening its razor sharp maw in an attempt to devour the giant sun.

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
Allies: Red Ravens [member="Ice"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Cryax Bane"] [member="Xalus"] [member="Asteria Starcatcher"] [member="Tahl Edrel"] [member="Julian Solo"] [member="Barik Rahl"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="io eyeballs"] [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]
Enemies: Black Suns [member="Mr. Ash"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Objective: Get the mines

Nei leaned on Asteria, giving a terse "thanks" to her. The Nautolan was very grateful for the help, but she wasn't...socially graceful when it came to accepting help outside of shooting. Determined to still show that she should be taken as a threat, though, she kept one of her blasters in her free hand while the other was slung over the other woman's shoulder.

Even with the crippled leg Nei was pleased to see that she didn't slow the group down; they were all making good pace, and things went smoothly up until they were encountered by an enemy trooper. The Nautolan had had her blaster raised and was about to shoot when Ice got in first. Despite her grumblings about letting others have a turn, Nei didn't mean it, and the group continued.

After Ice blew up the connecting mine, she asked, "So what do we do if we need to escape the mines? There be an escape plan, I hope." The thought of being trapped hundreds of feet underground didn't sound appealing and, quite frankly, it made Nei uneasy. As if to emphasize this, her tresses did an anxious dance.

Allies: BS and Co.
Enemies: Red Ravens, [member=Barik Rahl], [member="Cryax Bane"], [member="Nei Laa"], [member="Asteria Starcatcher"], and other people I have missed.
Objective: 3

Did he hit the man with his shot? Hard to say because the man was still alive. He had a visual of his target that seemed to be a hostile. He wasn't wearing any armor, only cloth. This was going to be easy, so did Vilaz thought. He saw the man retreat back that wouldn't get him hit, but the ironclad Mandalorian expected to hear the running of footsteps when there wasn't. Interesting. Someone with cloth on would be retreating and hope that he would survive. But this one was bold, and that boldness would be, perhaps, not benefit the man.

Like a hunter preying on his hunt the Warrior began to follow him, for he thought he would be the victorious one. With both hands grabbing on his bowcaster he ran where the man retreated. Short run, nothing too big, and turned at the corner to continue the hunt. Unfortunately, for [member=Julian Solo], he arrived a bit too late and never got a hit on the Redneck Mercenary, and wasted one grenade from his launcher on a wall that had no importance what so ever. But, that only meant for Vilaz after hearing the grenade explode and the crash land from Solo that he had to deal with a for or friend. However, for Vilaz everyone was an opponent unless you were vod.

Ready he was for whatever would come at him next. Well, almost anything.

"Di'kuts die young every year."

Allies: [member="Ice"], [member="Nickolas Imura"], [member="Calo Xenrus"], [member="Silara Vantai"], [member="Cryax Bane"], [member="Anastasia Rade"], [member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Ice"], [member="Tahl Edrel"], [member="Lisa Ticon"], [member="Choden Yonten"], [member="Nei Laa"], [member="Paydon"], [member="Calo Xenrus"], [member="Raven Avachei"], [member="Asteria Starcatcher"], [member="Darth Helios"], and [member="Mordecai Zambrano"].
Enemies: [member="Arrbi Betna"], [member="Strider Garon"], [member="Ariella"], [member="Flora Burn"], [member="Ordan Vosk"], [member="Airal Thamne"], [member="Cobalt Krell"] and [member="Zandra Fenni"], and [member="Popo"].
Objective: 2

A lanky kid with poor posture and a worse complexion rode a swoop through the mining tunnels, at the head of the Rat Eaters swoop gang. He was riding lazy and slow with a long pipe in his hand. The kid. He couldn't be more than fifteen, but his manner was that of someone who'd lived on the streets decades.

The kid turned a corner. He noticed Ice ahead of the Raven contingent down the tunnel and stopped.

"Hey! You Raven?" The kid shouted from the intersection. "Seen another guy on a swoop? Ye high. Owes me money." The rest of the swoop riders appeared behind him.

***​
Io waited by the comms for a moment. Then waited a moment longer. Fuzz came out of the comms and the faint sound of an advertisement. It was longer than he expected. He began considering scenarios and possible responses. Comms had been taken down in the fighting. Maybe Cryax hadn't liked the joke. He could be sitting on his datapad. Cryax could be dead and the Ravens wiped out.

io flinched when it happened. The strangest scream came out of the comm. Straight out of a nightmare. The office workers were all watching him. He couldn't lose the respect of his underlings. He needed to be a CEO of action and resolve. He musn't let them down.

"Everyone to the CEO's office. My office." Io commanded his new employees and gestured for them to move ahead of him. He herded the office workers further down the stairwell until his swoop could no longer go further. He considered he didn't know where his office was. "Stop. We can do this here." They stopped and gave io quick, glancing looks. Io dismounted.

"You there. Is there an announcement system for emergencies? One outside regular comms?" Io referred to an older woman. The oldest looking among the workers. The seemingly least worried about being killed. She looked relaxed, even. Perhaps she was confused.

"What? The older woman said clearing out her ear. io repeated his question but louder. "Oh-h yes sir. The emergency alarm system. Beacons and speakers. In case of you know, uh, mining collapses, underground magma erupti-" She drawled on.

"Is there one here and can you speak on it?" io asked loudly.

"Yes. HQ. It communicates with all other alarms and distress beacons." The older woman tried to be helpful to the stranger with a bike. io paused for a moment and slowly twirled his blaster as he thought. The twirling stopped. If the comms were down, they might be down planet wide. The Ravens had played around with the holo-net before during an invasion. Yes, they might have decided to do that again due to some need as the battle changed.

"Thank you. I'm promoting you soon, but first send a signal throughout the emergency mining system. Tell them Barab I is now red raven turf, assests have been transferred." The older woman looked a little confused, as io was lying. She understand the words well enough though, and went to send the message. io of course had no idea whether Barab I was secured. He could of been the last Raven on Barab I, but if it wasn't the case, and everyone's comms were down he needed to dishearten the enemy.

"Barab I is now red raven turf. Assests have been transferred." A deep raspy drawl of an older woman announced through the mining emergency system. The audio fidelity was lower than the holonet, fuzzy crackles accompanying her message.

the swoop gang found the Ravens underground

io had a worker send a message using the mining emergency alarm system to try and trick everyone into thinking Ravens won

Allies: Red Ravens
Enemies: Black Sun, Vilaz Munin
Objective: 3

Barik took note of the sounds of explosions nearby, just in the large room [member="Vilaz Munin"] was in. He took in every sound. This was the type of situation he was used to. A predator, far more powerful then he was and most likely capable of killing him in an instant, stalked through the darkness to try and find it's prey. The same situation he encountered daily in the jungle, on Duniya. The difference was; when a predator stalked him, when it tried to kill him, it ended up as food. Barik lunged forwards out of the shadows, using his crouching position to his advantage and attempting to get a grip on the other man's bowcaster. Barik's hope was to wrench the wepaon out of his hands, but more likely it would just point it up tot eh ceiling. Which would still be helpful in making sure Barik didn't get shot.

He still had his knife clenched tigt in his right hand, ready to attack once the odd gun was out of the way. He was reminded of the Dobarrodons on Duniya. How when not hunting in packs they would walk slowly and maliciously through the darkness, sniffing the air and tracking down it's prey. Huge deadly claws and teeth, capable of easily ripping Barik part. Much like this man's blaster weapon. And Barik remembred hoe he would leap out of the foliage, getting close enough that the creature couldn't lash out with it's legs without barreling itself over. How he would wrap his arms around the creature's throat so it couldn't bite him. Hoe he would hunt the predators that ever tried to hunt him.

Just as he was going to do now.

Allies: Myself
Enemies: [member="Barik Rahl"]
Objective: Fight

His HUD system caught Barik's signature, but he wasn't meters away from him so the Warrior could easily take aim of him. He was in the range of close quarters making his bowcaster useless than what it should been for mid-range. Both hands, well, his whole body and mind reacted against the hostility of Barik, and his hands had a much tougher grip on his bowcaster. The two men were then fighting each other just for control over the bowcaster. Many things he could do now, but this wasn't a simulator or a training session. He had to make his decisions at speed and hope that they were the best ones that he chose.

The bowcaster was directing towards the ceiling of the mines making it safe for the two men not to get shot. They were less than one meter away from each other. His legs were out of Barik's guard and so were Barik's legs. If they were then Vilaz could have done something that would benefit him and have better ground than Barik. But he did do something. Activating his repulsor pack the Mandalorian was then suspended above the ground and in the air, but he didn't zoomed off towards the ceiling. No, instead he turned his body to the left with his repulsor pack helping him to turn, and with the turn and his strength while still grabbing on his weapon he hoped to throw off Barik or at least get him off balance.

Perhaps he could find another door leading him to winning this duel.

Allies: Ravens
Enemies: [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Objective: Fight

It wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. All the better. He hadn't waited all this time for it to be easy. He had hoped that the blaster gun would be yanked out of the man's hands. He hadn't expected him to suddenly start flying. [member="Vilaz Munin"]'s tactic worked much as he had hoped it would; Barik was shoved backwards, off his feet. However, he didn't simply let himself lie there. That's how you get kkilled, eaten. You can't allow your enemy to find an opening. If they do, you die. Barik didn't allow there to be an opening.

Instead, as soona s he hit the ground, he let the momentum of the throw literally roll him- bringing himself back onto his feet. It wasn't as clena as a trained soldier's combat roll, but it was smooth enough that he wouldn't snap his neck, or trip and get shot in the face. He had never been trained, he didn't know how to fight against blasters and rocket backpacks. He hadn't been trained, but he'd learned. Not to fight soldiers, but to fight nontheless. Humans weren't that much different then animals- they had many of the same weak spots, even many of the same tactics. He knew how to stay alive.

Almost as soon as he moved from a roll to a crouch, Barik sprung forwards- knife out. He knew he was still much to close for the blaster weapon, and he doubted the man could steer his rocket backpack out of the way fast enough in such a small space. His hope was to simply tackle him out of the air, prehaps stab him in the face in the process. It wasn't the most complex attack, but it worked just as well as anything.

He didn't know how well the man could fight without his blaster weapon, but he was waiting to find out. Hopefully it would be a challenge.

(Tldr: Basically he used the momentum of the throw to do a sort of combat roll into a crouching position, then jump at you. :))

Manidark Zail

Bounty Hunter / Freelance
Allies: Red Ravens
Enemies: Black Suns Mr. Ash Creepers
Objective: Wipe out the Creeper race

A Lone wolf, Zail has always lived that way and believes in it. People get in the way, so he likes androids and his Jawa at his side. Darkness everywhere, mission to wipe the creeper species off the planet, extermination which Zail did not really like to do, but if the Red Ravens needed it well it will be done. The horror is, descending into the queen grim, and web infested tunnel of doom.

Already Zail had to be cautious many times, these things are various sizes and it seemed to him that they wanted to just bite his head off and become him supper. Zail, had all the weapons and radar systems he needed, with his Jawa friend watching the ship with a modified stun kill mode staff not to mention the ability to command the ship remotely and fire with the twin repeaters at any Creepers trying to escape the death ensuring.

Zail, had his flamethrower, grenades that create sonic booms, twin revolvers and of course his mandoran sword. Corridors all around about, which way to turn? Left right or straight, thankfully Zail had a scan system to location the largest bio creature. So through the twilight of death, he threw another sonic nade creating more screams and green guts and decay.

Ventured further with his cold blooded scanner and himself, down and down into this horror show. Found the main source, but she the queen was surrounded by at least ten creeps. Moving close and slow, to the side of the entrance he saw many beings webbed onto walls and ready for death, the screams... silence will ensue. Zail had no choice and nothing Zail could do to safe them, sad, but nature is really a queen. The idea with Creepers is once the queen is dead and gone, and nothing but bits and pieces, the creepers have no leader or system collective to control them, may go mad and Zail was prepared.

Trowing five nades into the main nest, backing off and hearing quake and foundation turn to dust was soothing to Dark, he did another scan and damn fubar just happened. The queen lived, some of its legs torn, but alive. So Zail stepped further into the horror, and brought out his twin revolvers eyed the queen and took two a shots. Brain matter splattered, and her the queen's chest burst, it was over. The creepers disseminated, now to escape this hole of death.

The Jawa Rodici, brought the ship closer to the main entrance to the doom piles that emit ugly creeps, fired all the remaining trying to escape and having no mind to know what to do, died fast. The Creepers had no chance, they felt weak, tired, and outraged. Yet, they died and Zail leaving the queens stronghold, dead.Three dead now corpses were created after, Zail burned them till they cracked, wreaked of green gas and guts, now out of the cave he waved to the Jawa friend, and ran towards his ship.

End]

Allies: Black suns [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Rayl Wilded"] [member="Mr. Ash"][member="Eldoc Quasat"]
Enemies: Red Ravens [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"] [member="Xalus"] [member="Keanu Shan"] [member="Ice"] [member="Adenn Gra'tua"] [member="Logan White Devil Rê"] [member="Asteria Starcatcher"] [member="Reverance"]
Objective: Defend the space station

He came at her from both sides, she was forced to stop her crush attack on him. Otherwise she might lose her head, from his attacks. In his left arm he hand he had laser cutter, aiming for her neck. To counter this, she brought up her lightsaber up and angle to cut his arm off. Then came in with his right arm, he came at his cleaving strike, with his lightsaber. This aimed towards her abdomen, this was going to hurt. She pushed herself towards the blade, to try and catch it with her phrik plated wrist blaster. As she got near the blade she then let it fire at him, it was set to automatic. Papapapapapap, was the noise that came out of it. The shots were not well aimed, but they were many and heading in his general direction. She soon wipe the smile from his face.

Allies: No one
Enemies: No one (was [member="Dux Kotass"])
Objective: Leaving the space station (ending my current involvement)

With the press of his right fist, just as he neared his opponent, the right thruster kicked on and strafed his entire body to the left. First, away from [member="Dux Kotass"] and then continuing, moving just down the hallway as he shifted his body, his armored figured drifting fiercely out from the hole he had previously carved into the hull. His vitals were reading low, too much of his oxygen had been depleted in his overly physical exertion in both this fight and the movement through the entirety of the space station. He had been sent word of the mission completion, as much as it could be considered complete. He had remained intact, as had the secrecy of his identity to those he combated. With the focus of the force, he pushed hard against the space station and propelled himself out into the emptiness of space.

With the press of a switch on the exterior of his helmet, the emptiness of spaced opened like a mouth agape, as the interior of his Star Viper was revealed. As he drifted in, the door shut behind him and pressurized, finding secrecy once again in the star speckled black paint that warped light around it. He felt the sudden influence of gravity as he removed the helmet and let out a sigh, approaching the control panel. With the movement of hands across the blue lit dashboard, the Star Viper took off into space. With nothing but the contrails of the emissions to indicate he had ever been there in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom